HIStory Brunei Blu Ray

I get what you're saying, but the dancing is what Michael was mostly about! he IMO is the greatest vocalist of all time, but Michael focused on his dancing for this tour.. plus he didn't wanna strain his voice much anymore.. the BAD Tour took a lot out of him, when you begin performing at 10 years old.. it's hard to keep it up at 100% for the next 30 years.. people shouldn't expect so much of him.. that's all i'm saying. No one is left disappointed after leaving a Michael Jackson show, that's for sure.. no matter the circumstances.

But why would you want a concert released where he didn't want strain his voice? Wouldn't you rather a concert where he's giving it his best in both live singing and dancing?

Also, when your called The Greatest Entertainer Of All Time people are gonna have high expectations of you

But why would you want a concert released where he didn't want strain his voice? Wouldn't you rather a concert where he's giving it his best in both live singing and dancing?

Of course, i just think no single moment of Michael's career should overlook any other! when you're a perfectionist, you don't want the crowd to hear strained.. croaky vocals do you? you'd rather them see you focus on your dancing, executing each step to the highest precision.

I get what you're saying, but the dancing is what Michael was mostly about! he IMO is the greatest vocalist of all time, but Michael focused on his dancing for this tour.. plus he didn't wanna strain his voice much anymore.. the BAD Tour took a lot out of him, when you begin performing at 10 years old.. it's hard to keep it up at 100% for the next 30 years.. people shouldn't expect so much of him.. that's all i'm saying. No one is left disappointed after leaving a Michael Jackson show, that's for sure.. no matter the circumstances.

Nope, the ending dance from December 31st 1996! start from 5 min. 17

OK-this one? I'm watching it now on You Tube-the guy who posted it said it had a little of Munich in it, but most from Brunei-said December 96 and starts out with the suitcase.

I see your point. This is especially great.

Of course, i just think no single moment of Michael's career should overlook any other! when you're a perfectionist, you don't want the crowd to hear strained.. croaky vocals do you? you'd rather them see you focus on your dancing, executing each step to the highest precision.
I understand that and I stand behind Michael's decision to lip sync 100% in that tour. However, in the cinema, I still think it should be a show where he could do it all-and people could see where he got that title, "The Greatest Entertainer of All Time". Remember, if it's in theatres, there will be people who have never ever seen Michael live before and are wildly curious about this.

I understand that and I stand behind Michael's decision to lip sync 100% in that tour. However, in the cinema, I still think it should be a show where he could do it all-and people could see where he got that title, "The Greatest Entertainer of All Time". Remember, if it's in theatres, there will be people who have never ever seen Michael live before and are wildly curious about this.

I do understand your words, and i respect them completely! but i think Michael should be praised for even going on tour again.. especially after the allegations, plus saying he ''Goes through hell touring'' people wanted to see him live.. no matter the situation, i think he had a statement to make.. greatest entertainer, means putting on a show... giving a show is dancing full out right? I love the HIStory Tour.. people shouldn't pressure Michael so much! i'm not gonna debate anymore.

I do understand your words, and i respect them completely! but i think Michael should be praised for even going on tour again.. especially after the allegations, plus saying he ''Goes through hell touring'' people wanted to see him live.. no matter the situation, i think he had a statement to make.. greatest entertainer, means putting on a show... giving a show is dancing full out right? I love the HIStory Tour.. people shouldn't pressure Michael so much! i'm not gonna debate anymore.

People from the general public aren't gonna care about any personal problems Michael was going through at the time. They won't sympathize the way fans do. They'll just see MJ lip syncing 90% of a show and they'll tear him apart for it

Also why is wanting a concert released where Michael is being shown at his best putting pressure on him?

People from the general public aren't gonna care about any personal problems Michael was going through at the time. They won't sympathize the way fans do. They'll just see MJ lip syncing 90% of a show and they'll tear him apart for it

Also why is wanting a concert released where Michael is being shown at his best putting pressure on him?

You're twisting my words, i meant putting pressure on Michael to sing & dance full out at 38 years old with Lupus, enflamed laryngitis's etc.

I did respect the hell out of him for doing this tour. I adored him for it. Knowing what he was going through health wise and the world against him. Especially here in the US.
I was so proud.
But the rest of the world doesn't know about it, doesn't care, or didn't believe him. I know that from the people I work with or my own family.
They're still stunned that I didn't turn my back on him in 93.
So let them see the greatest show ever first. They'll start reading stuff about him, get an idea of the agony he was going thru and then they can see HISory. THEN they'll appreciate it.

I did respect the hell out of him for doing this tour. I adored him for it. Knowing what he was going through health wise and the world against him. Especially here in the US.
I was so proud.
But the rest of the world doesn't know about it, doesn't care, or didn't believe him. I know that from the people I work with or my own family.
They're still stunned that I didn't turn my back on him in 93.
So let them see the greatest show ever first. They'll start reading stuff about him, get an idea of the agony he was going thru and then they can see HISory. THEN they'll appreciate it.

Michael basically walked through the song's during This Is It, and nearly every song was dubbed from demo's. Now i know it's just rehearsal, but still! People have seen it since on TV etc. and says that Michael is a genius, and that no one will compare! if they say that about a rehearsal film.. imagine what they'd say about the full out dancing of Brunei 1996? plus, he looked happy during that concert.. it was beautiful to see. We can't know how the general public will react, but i'll be surprised if they're not entertained! I saw a film in a huge cinema room today.. and got so excited by the prospect of seeing Michael on the big screen with so many people :wild:

I know and I thought about TII too. The critics in particular were kind and especially got his quirky sense of humor. I liked that. But not sure if that was bc he had just died.
But lll go over and read your petition.
I think Brunei would be better than any other show in the HWT.

You can't compare This Is It to a real concert because This Is It was a rehearsal so people won't expect 100% from Michael then. But at a real concert they're expectations will be much higher, and they'll be expecting a lot more from him.

I'm not against a HIStory Tour release. I just think it should be released to blu ray only has a low key release for the fans.

You can't compare This Is It to a real concert because This Is It was a rehearsal so people won't expect 100% from Michael then. But at a real concert they're expectations will be much higher, and they'll be expecting a lot more from him.

I'm not against a HIStory Tour release. I just think it should be released to blu ray only has a low key release for the fans.

The estate wouldn't be planning a worldwide 3D release if they didn't think it could do well! i honestly think they will promote it a lot, and i just hope they do everything they can.. to make it a very polished and memorable experience for all who view it!

They simply need to remaster the video to minimize the blue tint like the video below..

http://youtu.be/6gcVEdSJHzw

I actually prefer the blue tint version.. remember that Michael used blue tint on the panther dance & the opening of the BAD short film also! working on the temp would distort the image even more, i think they should just reduce contrast levels! Or maybe just correct the black levels a little more, but i don't think they should do so much.. just as long, as it looks natural.

Last edited:
blue one is better imo. In the "remastered" version everything is too red+yellow.

blue one is better imo. In the "remastered" version everything is too red+yellow.

Exactly my point, i've always wondered how some fans correct the Royal Brunei Earth Song performance so flawlessly.. maybe the estate can do even better? Check this comparison out:

Compared to....

Michael's vocals during 'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' are quite possibly the best i have heard since L.A 1989! love the ad libs in the middle also.

Michael's vocals during 'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' are quite possibly the best i have heard since L.A 1989! love the ad libs in the middle also.
Seriously? nothing against your opinion man but I didn't think he sounded too flash really. maybe I'll have to have another listen..

^^ it's how i feel, he felt much more comfortable delivering these vocals then he did during the Dangerous tour performances... my opinion of course.

The uncut opening: HWT Brunei 12.31.1996 in it's original 5:3 (1.66:1) aspect ratio, unfortunately the visuals are not in there original form.

Personally I feel that HIStory Bucharest is THE best all around HIStory show (performance and set list wise) would be amazing if that show was shot in HD but this to me us definitely second best.

Back