HIStory Tour Discussion - Should it be released? [Merged]

Should HIStory Tour be offically released?

• Yes, in cinema

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Yes, in DVD

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • Yes, in DVD and cinema

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
Re: A Possible Third Michael Jackson Documentary

They should release HIStory Tour Prague with Prague & Bremen rehearsals, behind the scenes of Munich and some on the road footage... short film/studio Blu-Ray, a CD of demo's & whatever else. One Night Only should be available as a download through MichaelJackson.com they could also work a deal with MTV or somethig too... the Halloween release in 2017 should be Ghosts & Thriller + the making of's.

whatever tour they decide to release the next concert from, if it's a concert I haven't seen, I will be extremely thankful for it. I don't care what tour it's from. sure, there are things I would love to get more than others. but still, I would be happy to get ANY concert footage that I haven't seen before. even HIStory tour though we have soooo much footage from that tour. I will be grateful for anything new

Exactly! Another major reason why HIStory Tour is better than the tours he did with the brothers - the setlist.

Now see, I would personally say that the History tour set list is a major reason why it pales in comparison to his previous tours.

They should release HIStory Tour Prague with Prague & Bremen rehearsals, behind the scenes of Munich and some on the road footage... short film/studio Blu-Ray, a CD of demo's & whatever else. One Night Only should be available as a download through MichaelJackson.com they could also work a deal with MTV or somethig too... the Halloween release in 2017 should be Ghosts & Thriller + the making of's.

Anything involving Munich should be burned specifically.

But One Night Only? THAT I can get behind.

I'd love it if the estate released a box set of Michael's Tours on Blu Ray/DVD. Even though it'll probably never happen

Disk one - BAD Tour 1987
Disk two - BAD Tour 1988 or 1989
Disk three - Dangerous Tour 1992 (Preferably one of the shows with BAD and The Way You Make Me Feel)
Disk Four - HIStory Tour (Preferably a show that isn't Munich)

I think every fan would be extremely happy with this

I'd love it if the estate released a box set of Michael's Tours on Blu Ray/DVD. Even though it'll probably never happen

Disk one - BAD Tour 1987
Disk three - Dangerous Tour 1992 (Preferably one of the shows with BAD and The Way You Make Me Feel)

It would be lovely but will never happen until all are released separately. Queen ceased in 1991 and still have a good few tours with no official release, even though they are available.

The Beatles didn't get their Anthology released until the mid 90's, over 20 years later.

We are in for a long wait to get what we actually want. For now, it's all about commercial releases I'm afraid.

The day I heard "Breaking News" for the first time when it premiered my optimism was never the same again, and never will be. What the die hard fans want is currently very much in the "Bonus Disc" category while the estate appeals to the mainstream for what looks like a long time yet.

Now see, I would personally say that the History tour set list is a major reason why it pales in comparison to his previous tours.

Opinions. I'll give you Dangerous because of Will You Be There & Man In The Mirror but first leg of the Bad Tour and the tours he did with the brothers?

Anything involving Munich should be burned specifically.

And we all know who burned the art.

Disk one - BAD Tour 1987

I wouldn't be happy with that at all. why Bad Tour get so much more attention than the others, is unfair. if they were to release a box set with the tours, give all of them the same amount of attention. not all that other crap with more focus on some more than others. I don't care how you feel about the tours personally. I have my favorite tour, but I would be just as unhappy if they were releasing a box set with more focus on that tour than the others. all tours deserves the same amount of attention, treatment and respect if there were a box set like that to be released

but first leg of the Bad Tour and the tours he did with the brothers?
what's wrong with those? the only thing that annoys me about the first leg of the Bad tour is that there were not so many songs from the album. but I do like the Jacksons songs that he performed on the tour, though

what's wrong with those? the only thing that annoys me about the first leg of the Bad tour is that there were not so many songs from the album. but I do like the Jacksons songs that he performed on the tour, though

Absolutely nothing wrong. But HIStory and Dangerous setlists are much stronger (in my opinion).

By far the best MJ performances of all time on that leg too. Yokohama should be sent out to everyone who ever considers touching a stage.

Absolutely nothing wrong. But HIStory and Dangerous setlists are much stronger (in my opinion).

By far the best MJ performances of all time on that leg too. Yokohama should be sent out to everyone who ever considers touching a stage.
I wish I could say I agree :lol: but it's too hard for me to pick to say that about ANY part of ANY of his concerts

I wouldn't be happy with that at all. why Bad Tour get so much more attention than the others, is unfair. if they were to release a box set with the tours, give all of them the same amount of attention. not all that other crap with more focus on some more than others. I don't care how you feel about the tours personally. I have my favorite tour, but I would be just as unhappy if they were releasing a box set with more focus on that tour than the others. all tours deserves the same amount of attention, treatment and respect if there were a box set like that to be released

BAD Tour gets more attention because the set lists from the 1987 leg and the 1988/1989 leg are different

1987 has Off The Wall, Things I Do For You, Lovely One and Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
1988/1989 has Another Part Of Me, Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel

Last edited:

BAD Tour gets more attention because the set lists from the 1987 leg and the 1988/1989 leg are different

that's not a good enough reason for me...the setlists also differed on the different legs on the other tours. I know, I know, not as much as Bad Tour did...but still...the reason alone is not enough to give it more attention than the others. besides, they have already released a concert from 1988 leg...so it's not like people haven't seen it

that's not a good enough reason for me...the setlists also differed on the different legs on the other tours. I know, I know, not as much as Bad Tour did...but still...the reason alone is not enough to give it more attention than the others. besides, they have already released a concert from 1988 leg...so it's not like people haven't seen it

I'm happy with the Wembley DVD, and I'm not one of those HD obsessed people, but the 1988 leg of the BAD Tour deserves to be released in better quality.

I'm happy with the Wembley DVD, but the 1988 leg of the BAD Tour deserves to be released in better quality.

HIStory tour deserves to be released as well as the other tours...
let me rephrase that: concerts from all the different legs from all the tours deserve to be released

If HIStory Tour gets released it will most likely be Munich. Michael's vocals weren't very good:

I would still buy it.

If HIStory Tour gets released it will most likely be Munich. Michael's vocals weren't very good:
[/video]

I would still buy it.

I wouldn't buy it, because it would be a stupid move. it's one of the concerts that's been aired the most on TV, and everyone has seen it a million times, and even the general public has been exposed to it more than any other HIStory concert. but any other HIStory concert I would buy

HIStory tour deserves to be released as well as the other tours...
let me rephrase that: concerts from all the different legs from all the tours deserve to be released

Would you be happy with this?

Disk One - BAD Tour 1988 or 1989 (Bonus features - Things I Do For You, Lovely One, Off The Wall and Shake Your Body from 1987)
Disk two - Dangerous Tour 1992 (Bonus feature - Dangerous from 1993)
Disk three - HIStory Tour 1996 (Bonus feature - Blood On The Dance Floor from 1997)

I wouldn't like a boxed set bc then I'd have to buy two tours I don't want. Release them separately with extras.

I wouldn't like a boxed set bc then I'd have to buy two tours I don't want. Release them separately with extras.

Why not release a box set but also make each tour available separately for those who don't want all the tours?

Would you be happy with this?

Disk One - BAD Tour 1988 or 1989 (Bonus features - Things I Do For You, Lovely One, Off The Wall and Shake Your Body from 1987)
Disk two - Dangerous Tour 1992 (Bonus feature - Dangerous from 1993)
Disk three - HIStory Tour 1996 (Bonus feature - Blood On The Dance Floor from 1997)
no...if it was a box set, I want the same amount of footage from all tours. full concerts. from all legs. I would be happy with 1 full concert from each leg

I wouldn't buy it, because it would be a stupid move. it's one of the concerts that's been aired the most on TV, and everyone has seen it a million times, and even the general public has been exposed to it more than any other HIStory concert. but any other HIStory concert I would buy

If they release the tour I'm pretty sure it will be Munich. It's the only one we know that is HD and John Branca has mentioned it.

If they release the tour I'm pretty sure it will be Munich. It's the only one we know that is HD and John Branca has mentioned it.
I don't give a rats ass if it's in HD, as long as the quality is watchable. to me, it doesn't have to be HD. if they release Munich, even in HD, I'm still not gonna buy it. if they release another HIStory concert in quality lower than HD I'm gonna buy it. if they can release Wembley 88, surely they can release a HIStory concert that's not HD

I don't give a rats ass if it's in HD, as long as the quality is watchable. to me, it doesn't have to be HD. if they release Munich, even in HD, I'm still not gonna buy it. if they release another HIStory concert in quality lower than HD I'm gonna buy it. if they can release Wembley 88, surely they can release a HIStory concert that's not HD
I'm sure they care and want to release the best quality concert they have. Yes they could release other one but not very likely if they have one in HD.

I'm sure they care and want to release the best quality concert they have. Yes they could release other one but not very likely if they have one in HD.

they don't have a bad tour concert in better quality than Wembley???? not complaining, just surprised

they don't have a bad tour concert in better quality than Wembley???? not complaining, just surprised

They do but for some reason they released that. Could be because Diana was there and they got a great audio for it. Also there is info that some concerts were shot on film so they could be released in HD but we don't know if they had the film reels when Wembley was released or even now.

I don't see them releasing HIStory Tour concert if it's not in HD. Most of the concerts we have from the tour are not something that would be officially released

Last edited:

which is why I'm sooooo thankful for bootleg concerts ;D

They do but for some reason they released that. Could be because Diana was there and they got a great audio for it.

I thought the reason was because at that time Wembley was the only show they had access to

Hell no. Munich contains what I personally feel to be the worst performance Michael ever put on. I'm aware of his illness at the time, but his voice was absolutely abysmal - he doesn't sing as much as scream for the notes. If the tour simply had to be released for whatever reason other than to acknowledge that it did occur (which seems to be the only real reason), why would they choose Munich?

I'll take a VHS quality copy of literally any other show on that tour over a high definition copy of Munich any day.

Back