HIStory Tour Discussion - Should it be released? [Merged]

Should HIStory Tour be offically released?

• Yes, in cinema

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Yes, in DVD

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • Yes, in DVD and cinema

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
Since we're all totally not being selfish here, I think that the estate should release BAD and Dangerous Tours in Cardiff. Speaking of Dangerous Tour Cardiff, I heard that there were some technical problems, because it was raining (Typical of Wales), and there were some big gaps in between songs. So Michael spoke and interacted with the audience more than what he normally would

Can't remember if I posted in this thread but there's only one answer to the title of this thread: ....

HELL YEH!!!!!!

Pretty sure there's another answer. What is it now.......oh yeah....

HELL NO!!!!!!

The reason why I'm critical of the HIStory Tour, is because Michael is known as being The Greatest Entertainer Of All Time. So when you're known as that, I am going to hold you to a really high standard, and I except to be blown away. HIStory Tour didn't blow me away

The reason why I'm critical of the HIStory Tour, is because Michael is known as being The Greatest Entertainer Of All Time. So when you're known as that, I am going to hold you to a really high standard, and I except to be blown away. HIStory Tour didn't blow me away

Exactly. Look at the tours that preceded it.

Everything up to Dangerous Tour 1992 was amazing. Dangerous Tour 1993 wasn't that great, but considering the circumstances I'll cut Michael slack there. I'm really sympathetic towards Michael during Dangerous Tour 93

Last edited:
Well, I love the HIStory Tour. For nostaligic and entertainment reasons.

We have a Bad show, we have a Dangerous show. Chances of us getting another one of either are very slim.

I'd like a HIStory concert for my collection.

Dublin please.

I was at that concert too,I was at the Wembley gig the week before also,as it is the only two times I have seen Michael then I would like to see it released on BD but I can also see why other wish it doesn't get a release,the HIStory tour will always have great memories for me as without it,I would never have seen MJ live.

I'm sure you're reasons for choosing Dublin aren't selfish at all lol

Ha,ha.....I'll take a slice of that selfishness.

You know what concert I REALLY want to see leaked? The absolute final HIStory tour show in Durban, South Africa. Supposedly Michael did the ENTIRE setlist that show because it was the final show, which includes TWYMMF, OTW medley, Come Together/DS, and BOTDF.

Re: Out of the fourteen pro-shot HIStory tour shows, which one do you like the most and the least?

Whether you love the HIStory tour or hate it, one thing is for certain. It's the most documented tour in Michael Jackson's history.
while the Bad tour has about 5 1/2 pro shot shows (two Tokyo shows, Yokohama, Osaka, half of Brisbane, and Wembley) The Dangerous tour has about 4, soon to be 5 (Oslo, Bremen, Bucharest, Mexico City, and Buenos Aries) The HIStory tour has fourteen pro-shot concerts. And in case you aren't aware of all of them...
All the shows from every tour were taped so it's not any more documented than the others. There are just more shows from HIStory Tour available.

I'm not a big fan of the tour but Brunei concert is great:

Last edited:
Michael was sick at Breman 1992, but even then he gave a much better performance than most of his HIStory Tour performances.

If I truly had to pick an absolute best I would be inclined to go with the OP and say Bucharest. Dancing isn't half bad and the vocals are probably the strongest of any concert I've seen thus far.
that was so beautiful :boohoo:

You know what concert I REALLY want to see leaked? The absolute final HIStory tour show in Durban, South Africa. Supposedly Michael did the ENTIRE setlist that show because it was the final show, which includes TWYMMF, OTW medley, Come Together/DS, and BOTDF.
wow! :eek: I want to see that!!

I'm not a big fan of the tour but Brunei concert is great:
I've actually never seen the Brunei concert because the quality is shitty. this looks so much better though

Michael was sick at Breman 1992
someone said that before on here, then someone else said it wasn't true

Last edited:
I've actually never seen the Brunei concert because the quality is shitty. this looks so much better though
The sound quality is better. The uploader used the better audio that was leaked few years(I don't remember exactly) ago. It's a little bit out of sync in the video.

Brunei 1996 is a great show. It's so good, that it makes me forget about all the lip syncing.

Starting @6:22. Those vocals alone destroy anything he did on any of the fourteen History shows we have.

If ANY History-era concert deserves an official release it is Royal Brunei 1996.

wait, which concert are we talking about?? I'm talking about the HIStory tour, not the royal one

I think both Brunei concerts (the Royal one in July and the HIStory tour one six months later) were excellent.
A few other 1996 shows are as good as them, too. For example Bucharest or Kuala Lumpur (both nights). So if they are going to release a HWT show they should pick one from the '96 leg (except Seoul!). I'm not quite a fan of the 1997 leg since he seems (looking and sounding) to be too exhausted many times.

Starting @6:22. Those vocals alone destroy anything he did on any of the fourteen History shows we have.

If ANY History-era concert deserves an official release it is Royal Brunei 1996.

I thought it was a good performance of Earth Song, but something that always annoyed me was that during the "What about us" part, you half expect him to go on the lift like he usually does for that song and he did for Beat It. You almost want to tell him through the computer, "Right there, the lift is right there! Go on it! Fly above your audience!"

analogue;4132 987 said:
Maybe he was performing under water. I wouldn't put anything past him
and even then he would still sound amazing

I think both Brunei concerts (the Royal one in July and the HIStory tour one six months later) were excellent.
A few other 1996 shows are as good as them, too. For example Bucharest or Kuala Lumpur (both nights). So if they are going to release a HWT show they should pick one from the '96 leg (except Seoul!). I'm not quite a fan of the 1997 leg since he seems (looking and sounding) to be too exhausted many times.
I think on the 2nd leg he looks and sounds much better. I mean, not so sick as on the first. but he was so much thinner than on the first leg, though. except for Munich

Last edited:
I think on the 2nd leg he looks and sounds much better. I mean, not so sick as on the first. but he was so much thinner than on the first leg, though. except for Munich

I always felt the other way around. I always felt that in 1996 Michael was stronger, sharper, and more on spot.
Since I'm a huge photo collector and always have been I have photos of almost every HWT concert (well, bit exaggerated lol, but still I have photos from ca. 60 concerts) and judging by them plus video footage he looked and moved best in 1996. This is a generalisation of course, there are both examples in one way and the other, Seoul (11th of October) being a bad example for 1996 and Copenhagen (14th of August, not 29th of August) a good one for 1997.

1996 photos (all thumbnails enlarge by clicking)

(Singapore, Sydney, 2x Brunei)

vs.

1997 photos (all thumbnails enlarge by clicking)

(Vienna, Berlin, Oslo, Ostend)

I always felt the other way around. I always felt that in 1996 Michael was stronger, sharper, and more on spot.
Since I'm a huge photo collector and always have been I have photos of almost every HWT concert (well, bit exaggerated lol, but still I have photos from ca. 60 concerts) and judging by them plus video footage he looked and moved best in 1996. This is a generalisation of course, there are both examples in one way and the other, Seoul (11th of October) being a bad example for 1996 and Copenhagen (14th of August, not 29th of August) a good one for 1997.

1996 photos (all thumbnails enlarge by clicking)

(Singapore, Sydney, 2x Brunei)

vs.

1997 photos (all thumbnails enlarge by clicking)

(Vienna, Berlin, Oslo, Ostend)
DAMN! those are some sexy pics :dribble: :in_love: he looks so hot I can't help but drool :heat:
those pics sooo yummy! TOO HOT TO HANDLE :dropdead:

^^ Haha xD
Most of them have never been posted before, no? And if they already did I bet they'd been tagged and resized anyways I guess.
I've literally collected and bought thousands of them throughout the years. Not only HIStory tour ones, though.

Last edited:
I got say, Jennifer's costumes got weirder and weirder in the 1997 leg...

^^ Haha xD
Most of them have never been posted before, no? And if they already did I bet they'd been tagged and resized anyways I guess.
I've literally collected and bought thousands of them throughout the years. Not only HIStory tour ones, though.

aawww shit!! more hotness :heat: wow!!! are you trying to kill me? :swoon:

Back