HIStory or Dangerous?

• Total voters

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
history.jpg

vs

michael_jackson_dangerous-f.jpg

Which is better?

I'm going to go with HIStory. I like New Jack Swing but the first six tracks on Dangerous are a tad too repetitive for my liking.

HIStory was designed perfectly in my opinion in regards to track order and song selection. There are so many songs on there which give me shivers up my spine (that's a good indicator of a great album). Some may dismiss it as just an 'angry' album but I feel it has a great range of themes, genres and sounds. The lyrics on this album are also arguably Michael's best.

HIStory.

I do love Dangerous, but the only track on the album which I would put in my top 20 MJ songs would be Who Is It, whereas on HIStory there's TDCAU, Earth Song, Little Susie, History - all of which would be in my top 20 MJ songs.

Dangerous in my opinion was Michael's best album. So many great songs. The only weak point of the album is, I'd say, "Can't let her get away". But all other tracks are great.

HIStory, such great songs and raw emotion.
Damgerous is great but its really holding itself down becuase the new jack swing tracks sound different but alike.

Dangerous is my fav MJ album... Very track imo is a classic including Can't Let Her Get Away.

HIStory is my second fav MJ album, but there were some points on the album like This Time Around, Smile and Come Together.

Dangerous is my favourite album and Who Is It my favourite song, so Dangerous.

Dangerous IMO is the best album ever made. Everything from the music to the artwork is sheer briliance. On top of that it was followed by the Dangerous Tour so it cant get better than that. Imo, dangerous shows michael at his creative peak! How many '' pop '' artist during that time took such big risks like michael did with dangerous, all from the new jack swing to the songs where he is litterly talking through. I also keep in mind that Earth song, TDCAU and blood on the dancefloor all were written and reccorded for the dangerous album, so its really no contest.

But not to put History on the backburner, that album is very close to Dangerous. Stranger In Moscow is in my top 3 songs. The only thing that kinda bugs me with history is Come Togehter. I dont know why he felt to include that in the album since he already released in the B-Side of Remember The Time (And featured in Moonwalker) He could have easily replaced that song with Morphine, Is It Scary or Blood In The Dancefloor

Last edited:
Both are fantastic, but I prefer Dangerous. It holds up better as an album. It's close to perfect in my book... I could have lived without the intro to "Black Or White", but thats a minor complaint!

My favourite "Dangerous" tracks are;

"Can't Let Her Get Away" - Such a innovative track... Filled with so much angst and fear it's scary!
"Will You Be There" - A piece of MJs soul cought on tape!
"In The Closet" - The sound of being in love! This single should have been a # one hit all around the world.
"Heal The World" - Michael Jacksons mission in life

I love both and can't make a choice! All songs bring something up and to choose between a track or an album is completely impossible.

I love both but I listen to HIStory more in a completely way than Dangerous.
I mean that I skip some songs in Dangerous than HIStory ^^

My choice is Dangerous, by far. It just has an awesome New Jack Swing song as well as some of my favorites including "Who Is It", "Black Or White", "Jam", etc.

That was just so hard... I voted Dangerous, but I like HIStory almost as much as I like Dangerous.

Well.... I pick History! It's my favorite MJ album period because it's his most personal I believe. However, Dangerous is that deal....When I was younger, it was my end all and be all.

My two favourite albums of all time. Hard choice, but for now I have to go with HIStoy.

Back