How come Jennifer Batten wasn't ...

beauty queen

Proud Member
How come Jennifer Batten wasn't the chosen guitarist for This Is It? Anyone know ...?

^^Yeah...but I also think that she outshines Orianthi...I feel as if Michael's chemistry with Jennifer was much more entertaining and spontaenous. I miss seeing them perform together. Then there's slash...he could have been like a guest performer for TII but then again from the looks of it, the plan for TII was new people, so yeah bummer.

mike probably wanted a fresh face other than her for the comeback

Yes, as simple as that. Jennifer was in Chile last year and member of our club of MJ fans were to her concert. First, they love her and her music! :punk: Second, they talked to her and of course, one of the question was why she was not in TII. She said it was MJ's decition, since he wanted to have new people around. But she had no bad feelings at all, she was fine with it and she just had sweet and lovely words to Michael. That's Jennifer, 100% loyal to Michael. Now the media is focusing on her, but right from the beginning she has been good to MJ.
:clapping:

Yes, as simple as that. Jennifer was in Chile last year and member of our club of MJ fans were to her concert. First, they love her and her music! :punk: Second, they talked to her and of course, one of the question was why she was not in TII. She said it was MJ's decition, since he wanted to have new people around. But she had no bad feelings at all, she was fine with it and she just had sweet and lovely words to Michael. That's Jennifer, 100% loyal to Michael. Now the media is focusing on her, but right from the beginning she has been good to MJ.
You went to her show? :wild: Did you see her? :wild: You're very lucky. :yes:

I love her. It was so magical and perfect her and Michael together on stage. :punk:

You went to her show? :wild: Did you see her? :wild: You're very lucky. :yes:

I love her. It was so magical and perfect her and Michael together on stage. :punk:

No, I couldn't be there that day :no:. A crazy day, by the way, since early morning we had a huuuuge MJ flashmob to Beat it right in the center of our city. So a flashmob in the morning and Jennifer at night was really an over dose of Michael Jackson! :D

But some members of the club were there and they managed to talk to her. Very nice person and, of course, she played Beat it, etc. The "president" of our club uploaded the videos in her Facebook page. I don't know if you can see it, but just in case, you can check this link to hear the small talking they had with Jennifer in between songs:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183142160813&index=1#!/video/video.php?v=1277977582252

Hope you can see it, but I am not 100% if this can be see if you are not in FB... :scratch: Try it and if it doesn't work, let me know to find out another way.

No, I couldn't be there that day :no:. A crazy day, by the way, since early morning we had a huuuuge MJ flashmob to Beat it right in the center of our city. So a flashmob in the morning and Jennifer at night was really an over dose of Michael Jackson! :D

But some members of the club were there and they managed to talk to her. Very nice person and, of course, she played Beat it, etc. The "president" of our club uploaded the videos in her Facebook page. I don't know if you can see it, but just in case, you can check this link to hear the small talking they had with Jennifer in between songs:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183142160813&index=1#!/video/video.php?v=1277977582252

Hope you can see it, but I am not 100% if this can be see if you are not in FB... :scratch: Try it and if it doesn't work, let me know to find out another way.
:wild: :clapping:

Thanks! :D I could see. I registered on facebook, there is much going on there. :wild:

Wow, Jennifer was sweet. :wub: I like her so much and it was so incredible and Michael together on stage. :punk: I also love the Orianthi. He is very talented, but I have a special admiration for Jennifer. She had a unique style on stage (I loved her hair, clothes and makeup) that I just love. :yes:

Jennifer has many albums released? :scratch:I would love to buy a cd of it. :punk:

In 2003 Michael said something about a project, "go for your dream" or something similar.But then he had to struggle with the trial.
I believe that Michael wanted to help young people with great talent.Jennifer Batten was wellknown already and thanks to this is it movie Orianthi has become quite wellknown too.

We never saw Michael and Orianthi in a concert together so we will never know how it would have been. I think the more they worked together the better the concerts had been.

Well Jennifer is great and all but after 3 tours I think it was about time to find some new faces. And Orianthi was great. Or would have been.

:wild: :clapping:

Thanks! :D I could see. I registered on facebook, there is much going on there. :wild:

Yes, there is!
Great you could see it. I remember that day. We had our big flashmob to Beat it in the center of our city. Lots and lots of fans!!! Wild and far from perfect, but sooo emotional and funny. I loved it. And then, Jennifer at night. We called that our MJ weekend.

actually, Michael Breaden introduced Michael to orinthi ...he said that he wanted her with him because he likes her style .so MJ did not mind as long as she can doing her job well...so i think she was fine and that's why MJ told her that she it is her time to shine in TII tour if she did a better job.

Jennefer is like a godess on the stag ,when she plays with Michael she set the stage on fire the minute she step in . ori is great too.

I forget who said it but I remember watching TII on dvd and it might have been the "Meet the Band" section and someone mentioning that Michael wanted someone young, beautiful (she is hot lol), and talented...thus they went with Orianthi which she is all of those things. I too wondered why Jennifer wasn't a part of this but I'm glad MJ gave Orianthi a chance to shine and she has clearly benefited greatly because of it.

I always imagined Jennifer showing up for at least one show where her and Orianthi would have some type of "Guitar battle". Like during "Dirty Diana" like they did for the "Bad Tour".

I always imagined Jennifer showing up for at least one show where her and Orianthi would have some type of "Guitar battle". Like during "Dirty Diana" like they did for the "Bad Tour".

I went....:mello:

and then... well... Scorpio's got a point here.... maybe... :scratch:

maybe.... on stage..... OMG!!!!!!! :bugeyed

DINAMITE!!!!!!!!!! :wild::wild::wild:

Just think of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are sooo right, soooooo right!!!! Soooo right!!!!!! :wild::wild::wild:

Michael still used most of the same musicians and backing singers from the Bad and Dangerous Tours on his HIStory Tour. Most of them would have been well in to their 40's or early 50's.

Having a band within Michael's own age group like on previous tours would have made Michael look like an artist from the past. He needed a good mix of people in their 20's, 30's and his own age group to make his band look fresh relevant. I think Michael got a brilliant age mix his band for This Is It. All his dancers were in there 20's and much younger than him, and his band of musicians looked like they spand from their late 20's to early 50's, and I think that was a brilliant mix.

Jennifer Batten was in my opinion a trademark amongst Michael's musicians on his world tours from 1987-97. But I think it was right he replaced her with Orianthi who from what I saw is a brilliant guitarist and had onstage chemistry with Michael.

The fact is Jennifer Batten did 3 world tours with Michael, appeared in Moonwalker in the Come Together segment, and did the 1993 Super Bowl with Michael. She is part of Michael's history, and nothing can take that away from her.

I saw Jennifer here in Dublin in February, I loved her performance. Have to back up every word PCR is saying, she is fierce, supercool, dedicated to MJ and having sweet supporting words for Orianthi, she has no bad feelings and shares her memories about Michael happily but doesn't overdo it on her own show. Loyal. Cool, cool person.

I got myself a signed CD and said 'thanks for playing the Beat It solo' :D:D:D

Having a band within Michael's own age group like on previous tours would have made Michael look like an artist from the past. He needed a good mix of people in their 20's, 30's and his own age group to make his band look fresh relevant. I think Michael got a brilliant age mix his band for This Is It. All his dancers were in there 20's and much younger than him, and his band of musicians looked like they spand from their late 20's to early 50's, and I think that was a brilliant mix.

The fact is Jennifer Batten did 3 world tours with Michael, appeared in Moonwalker in the Come Together segment, and did the 1993 Super Bowl with Michael. She is part of Michael's history, and nothing can take that away from her.

You're very right.

I met her in Glasgow after her show last month, such a cool person.

Kinda got chills of excitement standing next to her cos I knew she'd interacted with MJ, so closely, hundreds of times.

Think she was amused about my Dangerous Tour Glasgow story though.

Orianthi Panagaris stated that it was Michael Jackson's decision to choose her, rather than AEG Live.

Music director Michael Bearden agreed with the singer, and they decided to call her for those 'This Is It' shows.

"…It was actually through MySpace … Michael [Jackson] saw me on the Grammys with Carrie Underwood and my YouTube videos and that I was exactly what they were looking for. He [Michael Bearden] said in the email that he was going to call me that night with Michael [Jackson]. So they called me that evening … It was pretty surreal…" (Orianthi Panagaris, Ultimate-guitar.com)

Orianthi Panagaris initially played for them 'Dirty Diana' and 'Beat It', the on stage chemistry between her and the singer (during the rehearsals) also worked, and thus there were never later any thoughts from anyone, not even from Michael Jackson, to bring Jennifer Batten for those shows.

Orianthi Panagaris stated that it was Michael Jackson's decision to choose her, rather than AEG Live.

Music director Michael Bearden agreed with the singer, and they decided to call her for those 'This Is It' shows.

"…It was actually through MySpace … Michael [Jackson] saw me on the Grammys with Carrie Underwood and my YouTube videos and that I was exactly what they were looking for. He [Michael Bearden] said in the email that he was going to call me that night with Michael [Jackson]. So they called me that evening … It was pretty surreal…" (Orianthi Panagaris, Ultimate-guitar.com)

Orianthi Panagaris initially played for them 'Dirty Diana' and 'Beat It', the on stage chemistry between her and the singer (during the rehearsals) also worked, and thus there were never later any thoughts from anyone, not even from Michael Jackson, to bring Jennifer Batten for those shows.
Oh? I didn't know about that.

Back