How DISGUSTING is this?

The Face follows three people who are desperate for 'whiter' facial features. We also find out how westernisation surgery is thriving across the globe - from double eyelid and 'face smashing' surgery in South Korea, to nose jobs in Pakistan.

^

Basically, these people claim Michael Jackson is their idol.

wtf michael jackson had vitilago (sp?), he would never do what these freaks do in his name

This has almost made me physically sick, and I'm not exaggerating.

Michael would not approve of such thing. Everyone has been brainwashed by the media.

^ I got so mad seeing it. How freaking ignorant. This was in late 2009 too so AFTER the autopsy. :angry:

i cant tell u how many times even after his death, and before, that i've heard friends say "yeah his music was awesome but he was a freak that wanted to be white". i wanna end the friendship there and then when i hear shit like that, i get so disappointed.

Is Michael being mentioned in this doc............

But anyway, I blame the media............they only accept western faces........

I know this is true in India..........where all models and actresses have their skin whitened........

But here in the UK (and US).........white celebrities get tanned...........

I don't get it............why aren't people happy with their skin colour????

and this is my fav: "he wanted to change his skin"

um ok... WHY would he wanna do that and more importantly, HOW? by putting someone elses skin instead of his own? theyre the real freaks, with that kind of sick thoughts in their heads

Is Michael being mentioned in this doc............

But anyway, I blame the media............they only accept western faces........

I know this is true in India..........where all models and actresses have their skin whitened........

But here in the UK (and US).........white celebrities get tanned...........

I don't get it............why aren't people happy with their skin colour????

black girls in the west bleach their skin too

I can't see the video. Maybe it will show up on youtube sometime.

Michael NEVER wanted to be white. Vitiligo was something he had no control over and yet he was punished for it in the media. He said so himself. How come if a white person changes their apperance- hair perming, tanning, lip pumping etc nobody says anything, but when a person of colour decided they want to change their appearance for personal cosmetic reasons they are accused of wanting to change their race? I personally think that Michael's nose was very large for HIS face and if he wanted to make it smaller big deal. Changing his nose/chin did not make him any less African-American. I have not watched this clip but I am accept there are some very mixed up people out there who deny their race but Michael was not one of them. Michael KNEW who he was. Some people obviously don't have that clarity.

Imo Michael surgeries were far from being for cosmetic reasons. It was more emotional than anything else. How he felt, after all the taunts thrown at him by his father.

I am of the opinion that if people aren't content with their physical appearance/facial features/body endowments, etc. they have all the right to change such things without being called "sick." We're not in their heads, we don't know what they are thinking, nor what they have been through, etc. Their rationale for wanting to modify their appearance is legitimate in their minds and hearts, so this should be respected, methinks.

However, they should not cite Michael Jackson in this documentary (or whatever it is.) He suffered from a skin condition called vitiligo, and would therefore not be the same as the people in this documentary. He was proud of being an African-American male, and demonstrated this through word and deed, whether by song or through actions, like the Michael Jackson scholarship, established in 1986 for the UNCF. If he hated his own race, as some idiotic people claim, why the Hell would he bother to make a scholarship to help young African-Americans achieve higher education? Why would he feature coloured models (Naomi Campbell, Tyra Banks) in his music videos, or make songs about racial acceptance? It is evident he was very connected to, and very much a part of, the African-American community. His unfortunate skin condition changes nothing, and the fact that some people try to twist this circumstance into some sort of complex or statement on his part can only be summed up in one word: sick!

Back