How do you handle someone bad-mouthing Michael in front of you?

I get confrontational,even when the person says "It's just a joke". I don't take too kindly to it,nor will I ever.

I usually call them out on it or give them a dirty look. I especially hate it when people who call mikey a pedophile turn around and support actual pedohphiles such as roman Polanski. hypocrites :evil::mat:There was this blogger that gushed about how misunderstood Polanski was (even though he was a convicted child rapist) , and yet that same blogger called mikey a monster who preyed on little boys that shouldn't be honoured.:angry::crazy. :mat:The links are here: http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2009/09/polanski-wars/
and here http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2009/07/jackson-virus/ .

I usually call them out on it or give them a dirty look. I especially hate it when people who call mikey a pedophile turn around and support actual pedohphiles such as roman Polanski. hypocrites :evil::mat:There was this blogger that gushed about how misunderstood Polanski was (even though he was a convicted child rapist) , and yet that same blogger called mikey a monster who preyed on little boys that shouldn't be honoured.:angry::crazy. :mat:The links are here: http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2009/09/polanski-wars/
and here http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2009/07/jackson-virus/ .

Wow, that's rich! So this person as a Polanski fan has the nerve to call MJ a pedophile when there have never been any evidence against him, but Polanski is a hero when there is actually evidence against him molesting an underage girl? Some people are just too twisted.

It disgusts me when people crucify Michael (who was found innocent of all charges) but turn a blind eye to actual pedophiles. There this guy named don heckers who constantly defend Polanski (a convicted pedophile who fled justice). These are some of his quotesMore quotes from him here:http://sofiaecho.com/2009/11/05/810723_debate-should-roman-polanski-be-extradited

I can't stand Polanski defenders they are such hypocrites. There is even a question on yahoo that complained about the blatant double standard here : https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090929115306AAr5TAr

BTW There is more bs her:
http://patterico.com/2009/09/28/a-simple-innocent-and-yet-i-think-very-very-important-question/ (look at the comments by " asher yosef")
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2009/09/the_outrageous_arrest_of_roman.html (look at the comments by realitybeatsperception and farnaz1)

Last edited:
I looked up Don Heckers. He's pretty much just an internet troll, not someone to really be peeved at. There are tons of creeps on the internet.

What gets me is when people say that they believe Michael was guilty, just because he was strange. Sure, Michael was eccentric, but that doesn't mean anything. Every artist is eccentric. Get a bunch of creative people together, and watch the lines blur! That argument is silly, because Michael was famous because of his creativity, not because he was like everyone else. Everyone else aspired to be like him.

I looked up Don Heckers. He's pretty much just an internet troll, not someone to really be peeved at. There are tons of creeps on the internet.

What gets me is when people say that they believe Michael was guilty, just because he was strange. Sure, Michael was eccentric, but that doesn't mean anything. Every artist is eccentric. Get a bunch of creative people together, and watch the lines blur! That argument is silly, because Michael was famous because of his creativity, not because he was like everyone else. Everyone else aspired to be like him.

I agree. I hate how people assume different=bad/evil

I hate how people assumed Michael was guilty just because he's different. It's a modern day witch hunt.

Last edited:
I know they are immoral & very un-educated so i stick to my belief.. which is the truth! Michael is a genius, a giver.. and an innocent human being.

I know they are immoral & very un-educated so i stick to my belief.. which is the truth! Michael is a genius, a giver.. and an innocent human being.
I couldn't agree more. Sadly society seems to think it's acceptable to pick on anyone who is different. Society says keep your head down, tow the line and know your place. Michael always said reach for the stars. Be the best you can be. Give to others. Heal the world. No wonder he was persecuted.

I tend to ignore it, but it gets me so wound up easily. Recently someone who I consider I friend said something that I don't want to repeat because it was horrible thing to say about anyone, I couldn't even look at them. I have had arguments with my mum about it many times though, when she starts the whole ' but he was weird' and ' why did he pay off the chandlers' then I really go off on one, but passing comments by people I work with etc I tend to ignore it, and rant about it to my gf later on lol. I don't really like confrontation much

I tend to ignore it, but it gets me so wound up easily. Recently someone who I consider I friend said something that I don't want to repeat because it was horrible thing to say about anyone, I couldn't even look at them. I have had arguments with my mum about it many times though, when she starts the whole ' but he was weird' and ' why did he pay off the chandlers' then I really go off on one, but passing comments by people I work with etc I tend to ignore it, and rant about it to my gf later on lol. I don't really like confrontation much

I hear you. I don't understand the "but he was weird" argument. Having a different personality means nothing, plus a lot of people don't seem to know much about pedophilia in general. In reality, pedophiles are only different to other people because of their sexuality, they don't tend to be "weird" Saying that being weird somehow proves MJ was one is a poor argument but I'm not surprised people use it, people often have negative reactions and opinions to things that are different or that they don't understand.

Many people also fall into the thinking that settlement = guilt because they don't understand how it works and why. I think people have ended up with this perception because of not understanding the law and how it works but also because of what's been happening with the Catholic church recently. As far as I know many of those cases of child abuse occurred years ago. Depending on how many years ago, the statute of limitations for criminal prosecution may have been passed. People can launch civil lawsuits and if settlements happen there they could have a gag order.

I think this is where people get confused, in the Chandler case they were well within the statute of limitations and of course settling the civil case didn't stop the family from participating in the criminal investigation or testifying at a criminal trial, so in reality the settlement didn't at all prevent the possibility of trial or prison. I think we can mainly thank the media for that false perception, and of course the fact that people don't seem to know much about how these things really work. It's very frustrating, but you can't explain these things to anyone who isn't willing to listen.

I'm with you on not liking confrontation too, I grew up in a house with a lot of arguing. I don't remember much about it anymore but it's the reason I hate arguing today so I prefer to discuss things online where a response isn't required immediately, and I can get the proof I need together and take my time thinking about what I want to say and how I want to put it.

To lighten things up a bit, I'm thinking many of us on this thread could relate to this cartoon even if we haven't taken part in the actions in it haha.

16478115285_3715a10a82.jpg

Haha I like the cartoon.

Yeah the media is to blame for it all, they always think thst it's like non negotiable if it's from the papers or on TV. You just can't change their minds no matter what you say it's so frustrating. Call us brainwashed for 'just believing anything he says', when in reality it's theme belie in anything the media says. We get called crazy and everything because we look at facts? I don't understand. I don't like how, just because we are fans, anything we believe must be wrong because we are fans and we would say or believe anything positive. When they don't even give a shred of attention to any actual evidence, or lack there of.

Haters be like calling themselves MJ realists, it's like ok calm down iggy azalea

Haha I like the cartoon.

Yeah the media is to blame for it all, they always think thst it's like non negotiable if it's from the papers or on TV. You just can't change their minds no matter what you say it's so frustrating. Call us brainwashed for 'just believing anything he says', when in reality it's theme belie in anything the media says. We get called crazy and everything because we look at facts? I don't understand. I don't like how, just because we are fans, anything we believe must be wrong because we are fans and we would say or believe anything positive. When they don't even give a shred of attention to any actual evidence, or lack there of.

Haters be like calling themselves MJ realists, it's like ok calm down iggy azalea

It's ironic really, the people who call fans biased are usually biased themselves. I'm not convinced that bias can ever be completely eradicated, but that's not where the entire focus should be anyway. People can be biased but still present verifiable facts and at the end of the day that's what's important. I like to read through the court documents and any other primary evidence I can for myself rather than have a tabloid or anyone else do a poor summary that usually doesn't give all the information or presents it in an inaccurate manner. It also helps to look up and get a good understanding of the laws being dealt with, sometimes that can show you that things are different to what's being reported. Cases like this can't be adequately understood unless they're are looked at thoroughly.

Whenever I hear child molestation jokes i cringe. I can handle the stupid jokes about mj's plastic surgery or his vitiligo but the molestation jokes cross the line. Those ghastly accusations are the reason mike isn't here anymore :mat:.:cry: :boohoo

I don't know why molestation jokes are supposed to be funny in the first place, it's more sick really. What I really don't get is why people who think the allegations were true tell jokes like that. If they think kids were victims of something horrible, why joke about it? That's pretty low.

^ I know, they wouldn't make jokes about peadophillia in any other scenario, people would go crazy, but if you're making fun of MJ supposedly it's ok.... Strange

I don't know why molestation jokes are supposed to be funny in the first place, it's more sick really. What I really don't get is why people who think the allegations were true tell jokes like that. If they think kids were victims of something horrible, why joke about it? That's pretty low.
You are correct. Molestation is a crime-and the most heinous of all crimes. Nobody would "joke" about it. To me, the people that made jokes, didn't really believe that Michael did it.

(and the joking was just because he was different).

I don't understand why idiots would make m**********s as jokes and not realize they're a real problem. They've become as sick as those who did it. Those m*******s and those idiots laughing for those kinds of jokes especially on Michael are just the sickest.

I don't understand why idiots would make m**********s as jokes and not realize they're a real problem. They've become as sick as those who did it. Those m*******s and those idiots laughing for those kinds of jokes especially on Michael are just the sickest.

Exactly .

One thing I've noticed about most MJ haters is that they have no genuine concern for victims of sexual abuse.

People don't seem to realise they're crossing a line when they joke about that. They should be more careful, what if they make a molestation joke and someone in the room was a victim? I doubt they'll find it funny and they might even give the "joker" a mouthful which they would deserve.

All the people who call MJ a pedo should do a sex offender check in their neighbourhoods if they are so damn concerned about pedophiles. I bet there are quite a few of them in heir neighborhoods, many of which do FAR,FAR,FAR worse things to children than anything Mikey was every accused of doing.

Exactly .

One thing I've noticed about most MJ haters is that they have no genuine concern for victims of sexual abuse.

Of course they don't. All the care about is the witch hunt towards Michael.

Yeah, they love the thrill of hurting Michael without realizing or understanding facts and the whole truth. They're such dumb dumbs and they need some senses knocked in.

Yeah, they love the thrill of hurting Michael without realizing or understanding facts and the whole truth. They're such dumb dumbs and they need some senses knocked in.

I think it shows these people's true nature. They'd rather see someone suffer than see the truth

that's true I think its a mix of jealousy,racism and the fact Michael is different.

This quote sums it up:

"What's that?, Mikey actually gives a shit about the world, is not interested in getting high, doesn't randomly hump every female he comes across, looks different (vitiligo,surguries) , likes to hang out with children instead of partying like a idiot ? OMG burn the freak! "

that's true I think its a mix of jealousy,racism and the fact Michael is different.

This quote sums it up:

"What's that?, Mikey actually gives a shit about the world, is not interested in getting high, doesn't randomly hump every female he comes across, looks different (vitiligo,surguries) , likes to hang out with children instead of partying like a idiot ? OMG burn the freak! "

Who ever those quotes wanting Michael to be bad natured is a total @$$ clown. That person is the one who's gonna get burned.

Who ever those quotes wanting Michael to be bad natured is a total @$$ clown. That person is the one who's gonna get burned.

agreed. That quote basically sums up the media's and the public's attitude towards Michael.
They think he is a monster just because he looks diffrent,doesn't randomly hump females and because he likes to hang out with children...

i think that the fact that mikey was one of the first, if not the first black enterainers that white girls drooled at (without shame) is part of the reason why the media was so quick to turn on him. this article explains alot : http://www.innermichael.com/2012/07/dont-you-wombat-scream/

I do not have a problem with people disliking him because they just can't get into his music, but once they judge him by his character, behavior, or anything like that then my MJ Stan comes out lol, but people are ignorant in this world and you can't change people opinions sometimes, but fortunately for me I'm surrounded by DIE HARD MJ fans lol:smoothcriminal::smoothcriminal:

Have you guys ever stop to notice that a lot of the attacks are character attacks, they don't usually say "I don't like his music", they usually make fun of the man. Maybe the ones who make fun of him in public are actually real fans, but pit fun in public as a defense mechanism so as to not be the 'only fan of MJ' in public.

Back