How Many Unreleased Songs are Complete Enough for a Release?

I would love the Estate to release a demo on Mike's 60th birthday.
Something like a demo of a released song, like the work tape we got with Beat It on This Is It disc 2.
Imagine having something similar with Liberian Girl, Smooth Criminal, Who Is It or Stranger In Moscow. That would be a dream come true

I mentioned this a few months ago. I want them to release the song 'I Miss You' that Michael did in 2006 with Will-ia-m. Michael did that song as a tribute to James Brown, and with him now also dead sadly, it can be a perfect song for us MJ fans to remember him on his 60th birthday.

I mentioned this a few months ago. I want them to release the song 'I Miss You' that Michael did in 2006 with Will-ia-m. Michael did that song as a tribute to James Brown, and with him now also dead sadly, it can be a perfect song for us MJ fans to remember him on his 60th birthday.

I mentioned this some time ago! I would absolutely love this.

Well the answer to this question has changed to:

'Enough to give them to Drake to butcher'.

The Drake song doesn't mean anything - sure The Estate never had these vocals anyway. And my guess is that MJ only laid down vocals for those very few lines that are repeated over and over. - I like MJ's vocals actually.

But I guess noone had ever heard about MJ having made this song (those few lines) - so there are a lot more hidden all around we don't know of.

Let us make an online Petition for the song ... Maybe will.i.am and the Estate Open their eyes

"The Estate are complusive liars."

Would you expect them to be anything else? They don't want to reveal how much music they are sitting on. Even all those fully finished demos that leaked in 2010 and 2011, the Estate didn't address those. I'm sure there are many more.

SadesHusband;4225655 said:
This legit?: https://instaud.io/2oWx

Also: http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com...el_jackson_collection_of_unreleased_songs_fro

“Jungle City/Slave” and “Blue Powder”

If there aren't any vocals, there's a 99.9% chance it's fake. Sounds good though.

"Jungle City" is a Dr. Freeze collaboration. People have called it a mashup between "Shout," "Tabloid Junkie," and "Why You Wanna Trip on Me" in terms of subject matter. There's a demo where Freeze apparently does a spot-on MJ impersonation. No idea whether or not Michael recorded any vocals on it, though I'm sure we'd all like to hope he did.

"Blue Powder" is a song written and performed by (not kidding) Michael's driver, Gary Hearne. Brad Buxer helped him put it together. There aren't any MJ vocals on it.

I typed out this yesterday, AlwaysThere's list might be more complete/detailed, but it's basically my list of songs that we are 100% sure exist, that are either fully completed, almost completed or scratch demos/guided vocals.

It proves that there are still tons of material left. Then you have the Estate's list of unreleased songs which was admitted to the IRS. See the photos below my list for their list, which includes 42 songs that are not on my list. That makes a total of 74 songs.

32 songs, excluding Will.I.Am and RedOne tracks

There Must Be More To Life Than This
Victory
State Of Shock
It Don't Matter To Me
She's Trouble
Starlight
Nite Line
Slapstick
Hot Street
Deep In The Night
Thorwin' Your Life Away
Ghost Of Another Lover
Jane Is A Groupie
Man In Black
If You Don't Love Me
Work That Body
Serious Effect
She Got It
Happy Birthday Lisa
Joy
Family Thing
Faces
People Of The World
Hot Fun In The Summertime
Ekam Saytam (The One Truth)
Days In Glouchestershire
I Am A (Was The) Loser
I'll Be There (Adult version)
Seeing Voices
Can't Get Your Weigh Off Me
What More Can I Give (Solo)
Monster (the real one)

- Will.I.Am tracks
- RedOne tracks
- Demos and alternative versions of already released material

Estate's list:

36770629_1310663559035977_8446453311032262656_n.jpg

36846143_1310663652369301_5298969094609960960_n.jpg

36734426_1310663625702637_4109432036027006976_n.jpg

It'd be neat if there were any HIStory outtakes. I'd like to make a HIStory album that is only his comment on the previous two years.

Estate's list:
[/FONT][/COLOR]
36770629_1310663559035977_8446453311032262656_n.jpg

36846143_1310663652369301_5298969094609960960_n.jpg

36734426_1310663625702637_4109432036027006976_n.jpg

Just as a note for future reference: this list is completely falsified.

I forget exactly which set of court documents it was sourced from (I believe it's the IRS case), but it was put together by an individual who either didn't have knowledge of and/or access to the vault, or didn't have the time nor the enthusiasm to actively put together an accurate list. There are dozens of titles missing from this document ("All the Truth," "Changes," "Hot Street," "Joy," "Lovely Way," "Nightline," "She's Trouble," "State of Shock," "What More Can I Give," "Work That Body," etc.).

On top of that, yesterday I had a day off and decided to go through the online archives and put together an index of as-yet-unreleased song titles. The results were as follows:

- 19 finished songs
- 20 mostly unfinished songs (missing crucial vocal elements, e.g. verses or bridges)
- 4 songs never recorded
- 4 sound collages/instrumental pieces
- 138 unknown/non-indexed songs
- 185 total

By "unknown/non-indexed," I'm referencing song titles that we know for a fact exist in some form, but have vague, inaccurate, and/or non-existent background information. They could be vocally complete, or they could have no vocals at all; they could be from the Off the Wall sessions or from the Dangerous sessions. As of now, we don't know.

Point is, 138 TITLES EXIST WITH NO INFORMATION BEHIND THEM. Odds are most of them aren't finished, but the likelihood of there being at least A FEW releasable titles in the bunch is incredibly high.

Like I said, this list shouldn't be called an Estate's list. It was made by the IRS using Google and Wikipedia, lol.

Some of those songs are already out. Should they be included in an unreleased list?

I take back what I said before. If Michael's vocals are on it, update it and release it. I listened to Michael and Xscape tonight, and I thought they sounded better than I did last time I listened.

And we will never have another fully Michael Jackson album, since he's no longer here.

I apologize, I didn't know the list wasn't really legit.

But my own list still stands, and my point also still stands.

AlwaysThere, are you going to post the list you made?

I apologize, I didn't know the list wasn't really legit.

But my own list still stands, and my point also still stands.

AlwaysThere, are you going to post the list you made?

No need to apologize! I had the same immediate reaction that you did. Either way, I 100% agree with you.

Sure! I should preface by saying that this list isn't complete just yet. I'm still doing some digging into several titles that may or may not be legit, and I don't want to include anything that isn't 100% linked to Michael in some way.

-------------------------------------------------------

FINISHED or MOSTLY FINISHED
*** titles at 80% to 100% vocal completion ***
*** non-essential vocal elements (e.g., ad-libs) potentially missing ***
1. "Chicago 1945" (1984)
2. "Get Your Weight Off of Me" (n/a)
3. "Hot Street" (1982)
4. "I Was the Loser" (2008)
5. "If You Don't Love Me" (n/a)
6. "It Don't Matter to Me" (1980)
7. "Joy" (1991)
8. "Lovely Way" (n/a)
9. "Neverland Landing" (1983)
10. "Nightline" (1982)
11. "Seeing Voices" (1997)
12. "Serious Effect" (n/a)
13. "She Got It" (n/a)
14. "She's Trouble" (1982)
15. "State of Shock" (1983)
16. "Throwin' Your Life Away" (1988)
17. "The Toy" (1981)
18. "What More Can I Give" (2001)
19. "Work That Body" (n/a)

PARTIALLY FINISHED
*** titles at 50% to 80% vocal completion ***
*** significant vocal elements (e.g., bridge) likely missing or inoperable ("scratch vocals") ***
No titles as of yet.

MOSTLY UNFINISHED
*** titles at 25% to 50% vocal completion ***
*** crucial vocal elements (e.g., verses, bridges) missing or inoperable ("scratch vocals") ***
1. "All the Truth" (n/a)
2. "Changes" (1985)
3. "Children's Holiday" (1998)
4. "Days in Gloucestershire" (2004)
5. "Deep in the Night" (1989)
6. "Don't Believe It" (n/a)
7. "Family Thing" (1993)
8. "Ghost of Another Lover" (1990)
9. "Hot Fun in the Summertime" (1983)
10. "H2O (Dark Lady)" (2008)
11. "Lovin' You" (2003)
12. "Man in Black" (n/a)
13. "Monster" (1998)
14. "People of the World" (1998)
15. "Seven Digits" (n/a)
16. "Someone Put Your Hand Down" (n/a)
17. "Stranger in Moscow" (2009)
18. "To Satisfy You" (n/a)
19. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" (2009)
20. "Water" (2009)
21. "Why" (1994)
22. "Willing & Waiting" (1994)

NEVER RECORDED
*** titles at 0% vocal completion ***
1. "Breathe" (2009)
2. "Powder Blue" (2000)
3. "Shut Up and Dance" (1999)
4. "You Were There" (1989)

SOUND COLLAGES or INSTRUMENTAL PIECES
*** titles designed to function without sung vocals ***
*** might be considered complete, depending on its tailored purpose ***
1. "Bubbles" (1989)
2. "Faces" (1994)
3. "Homeless Bound" (1989)
4. "Iowa" (1977)

UNKNOWN
*** titles with vague, inaccurate, and/or inexistent background information ***
1. "11pm" (n/a)
2. "A Baby Smiles" (n/a)
3. "Adore You" (n/a)
4. "Alright Now" (n/a)
5. "Angel" (1998)
6. "Apocalypse Now" (n/a)
7. "Attitude" (n/a)
8. "Bad Girl" (n/a)
9. "Bang Your Head" (n/a)
10. "Bio" (n/a)
11. "Boots Groove" (n/a)
12. "Bottom of My Heart" (2008)
13. "Boy No" (n/a)
14. "Broken Chair" (n/a)
15. "Buffalo Bill" (1983)
16. "Butter Funk" (n/a)
17. "California Grass" (n/a)
18. "Call it Off" (n/a)
19. "Can't Stop Lovin' You" (n/a)
20. "Children's Hour" (n/a)
21. "Colorblind" (n/a)
22. "Crack Kills" (1986)
23. "Cry" (n/a)
24. "D.I.E." (n/a)
25. "Do You Love Me" (n/a)
26. "Don't Make Me Stay" (n/a)
27. "Don't Walk Away" (n/a)
28. "Doing Dirty" (1982)
29. "Dreams" (1993)
30. "Eaten Alive" (1985)
31. "Ekam Satyam (The One Truth)" (1999)
32. "Everybody Wants to Be a Movie Star" (n/a)
33. "Fantasy" (n/a)
34. "Far Far Away" (n/a)
35. "Fever" (n/a)
36. "For the World" (n/a)
37. "The Future" (2006)
38. "Get Around" [Bad] (n/a)
39. "Get Around" [Invincible] (n/a)
40. "God Don't Love Us Anymore" (n/a)
41. "Going to Rio" (n/a)
42. "Got to Find a Way Somehow" (n/a)
43. "Green Hornet Groove" (n/a)
44. "Groove of Midnight" (n/a)
45. "He Who Makes the Sky Gray" (2006)
46. "Heal L.A." (1992)
47. "Heartlight" (1982)
48. "I Am That One" (n/a)
49. "I Forgive You" (n/a)
50. "I Have This Dream" (1999)
51. "I Have This Dream" (2005)
52. "I Have This Love of Me" (n/a)
53. "I Love You More" (n/a)
54. "I'm Dreamin'" (2006)
55. "In the Life of Chico" (n/a)
56. "In the Valley" (n/a)
57. "Innocent Man" (1994)
58. "Is She Coming Back" (n/a)
59. "It Don't Matter to Me" (1980)
60. "Jane is a Groupie" (1989)
61. "Jungle City" (1998)
62. "Just Remember" (n/a)
63. "Kentucky" (n/a)
64. "Kick It" (n/a)
65. "King Tutankhamun" (n/a)
66. "Lady of Summer" (n/a)
67. "Leaving Today to Benin" (n/a)
68. "Light the Way" (n/a)
69. "Little Girls" (n/a)
70. "Llama Lola" (n/a)
71. "Lonely Bird" (n/a)
72. "Lonely Man" (n/a)
73. "Lucy is in Love With Linus" (n/a)
74. "Make a Wish" (1983)
75. "Make or Break" (n/a)
76. "Maybe We Can Do It" (n/a)
77. "Michael McKellar" (n/a)
78. "Michael's Affirmation" (n/a)
79. "Miss You" (2007)
80. "Nymphette Lover" (1981)
81. "The Pain" (n/a)
82. "Pajamas" (n/a)
83. "Pasteline" (n/a)
84. "People Have to Make Some Kind of Joke" (n/a)
85. "Photographs" (n/a)
86. "Pray for Peace" (n/a)
87. "Pressure" [Dangerous] (n/a)
88. "Pressure" [Invincible] (n/a)
89. "Red Eye" (n/a)
90. "Remember What I Told You" (n/a)
91. "Rich Girl" (n/a)
92. "Rise Above it All" (n/a)
93. "Rock Tonight" (n/a)
94. "Rocker" (n/a)
95. "Rolling the Dice" (1982)
96. "Saturday Woman" (n/a)
97. "Seduction" (n/a)
98. "She's Not a Girl" (n/a)
99. "Sister Sue" (n/a)
100. "Soldier's Entrance" (1999)
101. "Somewhere in Time" (n/a)
102. "The Sky is the Limit" (n/a)
103. "Saved by the Bell" (n/a)
104. "Silent Spring" (n/a)
105. "Stand by Me" (1986)
106. "Stand Tall" (1982)
107. "Stay" (n/a)
108. "Stop the War" (n/a)
109. "Thank Heaven" (1998)
110. "Thank You for Life" (n/a)
111. "That" (1998)
112. "Think Twice" (n/a)
113. "Tomboy" (1985)
114. "Tragedy of a Cheerleader" (n/a)
115. "Truth on Youth" (n/a)
116. "Turning Me Off" (n/a)
117. "Under Your Skin" (1979)
118. "Verdict" (n/a)
119. "Victory" (1983)
120. "Walk Away" (n/a)
121. "We Are the Ones" (n/a)
122. "What a Lonely Way to Go" (n/a)
123. "What You Do to Me" (1985)
124. "What You Do to Me" (1998)
125. "What's it Gonna Be" (n/a)
126. "What's Your Life" (n/a)
127. "Who Do You Know" (1982)
128. "Who's the Girl With Her Hair Down" (n/a)
129. "Why Can't I Be" (n/a)
130. "Why Shy" (n/a)
131. "The World is No Church" (n/a)
132. "World of Candy" (2003)
133. "You Ain't Gonna Change Nothin'" (n/a)
134. "You Are a Liar" (n/a)
135. "You Told Me Your Lovin'" (1979)
136. "You Are There" (n/a)
137. "You Not Me" (n/a)
138. "You Were There" (n/a)

Last edited:
I think it's pretty safe to say that there are at least songs enough for 2-3 full new albums, and who knows??
Maybe there are songs we have never ever heard of, not even the title.

AND if a song has a great melody, great lyrics and MJ sings something - verses og chorus, then those song can be used to a DUETs album or songs like Don't Matter To Me - MJ as featuring artist. - That was there are songs enough for many albums and many singles by others artist featuring MJ.

Hopefully we will get a new album next year with all new songs.

AND if a song has a great melody, great lyrics and MJ sings something - verses og chorus, then those song can be used to a DUETs album or songs like Don't Matter To Me - MJ as featuring artist. - That was there are songs enough for many albums and many singles by others artist featuring MJ.

There are more of these songs (e.g., half-finished) than finished songs in the vault.

I don't want this. The Drake song is an utter catastrophe as it is, chart position be damned, and it effectively ruined any moderate consideration I had for a duets album. Gather appropriate artists (e.g., Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Stevie Wonder) and we'll talk, but the Estate is obviously more keen on chart potential than artistic integrity (as if it's not possible to obtain both, as the monumental sales of the Timberlake duet for "Love Never Felt So Good" proved).

There are more of these songs (e.g., half-finished) than finished songs in the vault.

I don't want this. The Drake song is an utter catastrophe as it is, chart position be damned, and it effectively ruined any moderate consideration I had for a duets album. Gather appropriate artists (e.g., Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Stevie Wonder) and we'll talk, but the Estate is obviously more keen on chart potential than artistic integrity (as if it's not possible to obtain both, as the monumental sales of the Timberlake duet for "Love Never Felt So Good" proved).

Please no Gaga, Beyone or Timberlake.

Please no Gaga, Beyone or Timberlake.

I don't necessarily want them involved either (except for Timberlake) but you know how the Estate works -- they aim for popularity and charts rather than artistic integrity. Of all the contemporary artists that could be involved, they're the only ones worth the time.

AlwaysThere - do you know the status of the RedOne tracks? He said during 'Michael' he had stuff that could be worked on and released. I've been interested in MJs later recordings and I'm starting to think he might be lying/wrong. Do we know of any later songs MJ worked on that could be released?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/959665/producer-redone-eyes-michael-jackson-release

I'm also most interested in Michael's later work. I once read that some time after Michael's death R. Kelly said he had just before he died worked with Michael on new songs and wanted to finish and release them. Nothing new since then though(?)

AlwaysThere - do you know the status of the RedOne tracks? He said during 'Michael' he had stuff that could be worked on and released. I've been interested in MJs later recordings and I'm starting to think he might be lying/wrong. Do we know of any later songs MJ worked on that could be released?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/959665/producer-redone-eyes-michael-jackson-release

He did say that, and for the longest time I kept referencing them as material that could be used on future releases, but it's to my understanding that RedOne stated in private that the songs were just "ideas". Not sure exactly what that means, but it's made me question whether or not anything usable exists from their time together.

He did say that, and for the longest time I kept referencing them as material that could be used on future releases, but it's to my understanding that RedOne stated in private that the songs were just "ideas". Not sure exactly what that means, but it's made me question whether or not anything usable exists from their time together.

That sucks. Is there anything post trial MJ finished?

No, there is not 2007-2009 songs with full vocals.
Maybe some from Will.I.Am sessions, but after that there isnt full complete songs from that years.
Sadly in His latest 2-3 years MJ recorded small amount of vocals.
That why Estate didnt release any songs from his last years

Back