How rare is the Dangerous First Pressing? (Pop-up)

Where did you read that there are silver ones? I've been lookin' around and haven't seen any mention of it? But that first site you listed listedthe 48900 as a general album, and Pentum's as the collectors edition. So maybe Pentum's is the really rare one, and ours is the slightly rare one? lol.

I have seen alot of these and all where gold disc's. Never saw a silver cd one in it.

I'd like to know too, I can't check mine 'cause the package is sealed. Could someone maybe do a lossless rip and compare it? That would be awesome to know if the quality is the same or not.

You guys go tme all curious, so I looked mine up (which is savely stacked away ina box in the attack, had to dive over lots of other stuff to get to the back haha). I have the same one as showed in the pictures here. Gold disc EK 48900 - collector's edition first printing. His eyes are printed in silver on the disc.

Never seen a silver version. Or maybe they just mean first printed normal cd's?

I personally believe these are all supposed to have gold cd's, and any of the ones you see on ebay that have a regular cd have had their original disc replaced. I've even seen one on ebay that had the 2001 Special Edition in it.

I personally believe these are all supposed to have gold cd's, and any of the ones you see on ebay that have a regular cd have had their original disc replaced. I've even seen one on ebay that had the 2001 Special Edition in it.
Yeah, like I said, silver CD myth debunked.

lounis, 8 pounds, that's cheap lol.

It's very possible that Gold CD/silver CD refers to the reflective surface of the disk. Gold is used on special editions of CDs sometimes, it reacts with oxygen slower than the standard aluminum compound and thus doesn't suffer from CD rot as badly.

Check the opposite side of the disk, I know that HIStory was made on a gold CD.

Well this CD was only available when the album first came out (it was not limited to a certain number of copies but limited on how long it was sold for)...........

.......since the Dangerous album sold so well at launch, loads of these were sold (and so it is not a very rare item).......

......However, with the internet, awareness of this version has increased and loads of fans are snapping them up!!!!!

.......As more of these find new homes with real MJ fans (and not just random collectors), less and less will be available to buy (i.e. ebay)......

.........For the time being they are not rare, but highly sought after and collectable by fans!!!!

hi guys i just found my copy and wondered why it has a blue card at the bottom ..??? the item is still sealed so not sure what is is ...

carnt even remember where i got it from ...

a;bum is dangerous pop up epic first print barrcode 7464-48900-2

Mine is black color pressed (not gold - silver) 01-465802-10

EPC 465802 2

th3st.jpg

Dangerous - Special Edition - The Collection Box set

th3w0.jpg

Last edited:
what about "History" guys, are they selling censored version (TDCAU) - Mine is not

There's another rare version that was released in Italy after the lawsuit against MJ for the "plagiarism" of Will You Be There...
This version contains all the songs except Will You Be There...
Inside the booklet instead of the lyrics there's a white page! (lol)
I think it is more rare than any other version of Dangerous...

IMG_5228.jpg

675931136.jpg

319108900.jpg

896406219.jpg

Back