How To Defend Michael

peacefulmind

Proud Member
Hi

I've spent some time recently on facebook on polls and discussions and I was annoyed by both, the ignorant people who post non-sense comments about Michael and even more of a group of fans which in turn defend him in an unusual way that gives Michael a bad name. I saw argues, offensive comments full of anger and racism, insulting each others nations and religions and its just wrong, 'cause its not Michaelish at all. Michael is all about the opposite. If we defend Michael in this way we give him a bad name and we leave the impression of mental crazy admirers of a 'freak'. I feel it bad when haters are celebrating their victory over our anger and our 'going nuts and mental' thing.

I feel as if we need a 'HOW TO DEFEND MICHAEL POLICY', as silly as it sounds ;)
People will not take us seriously if we go mental and crazy over defending someone. We have to be conscious and aware of how we act and what we make of his name. I used to reply to every single fool years ago until I realized that they are in infinite amount and I can not convince them all individually of who Michael really was so I let it be, it's them who are missing out ;). As that Albert Einstein quote goes:

" You should never argue with an idiot because they will drag you down to their level
and beat you with experience. "

Its not that they are all fools and idiots, we have to understand it's that they are not aware of the real person. They are a victim of a global media conspiracy which sells negativity and knows how to target their audiences. All this people know about Michael is what they read on the news, online, TV, tabloids and they have built their image of Michael from there, Michael 'the freak'. But you don't have to freak the s*it out of you when someone says something bad about MJ. You can be the 'silent warrior' Michael was.

The best you can do is to simply love Michael and let others wonder why you love a 'freak'. You feel inspired by him, you feel as if he has been served with injustice, you want to thank him, you want the world to see how good he is and what he means to you !? Make a drawing, write a poem, make a montage video, dedicate it to Michael, spread the message in a good way..Show the way Michael inspired you, I know he did not inspire us to war...

Share any ideas and views on the topic..

Awesome Post! i have some ideas but im at work so ill post them later... just wanted to say a quick KUDOS!!! to you :)

When someone say something bad about Michael we should respond, if you stay quite then it means you accept what they say. We should defend him and honor him.

I suggest you compile a single reply which suits all cases and use in facebook, youtube, etc… you don’t have to write everything all over again every time, just keep it ready, and just start to copy-paste, it will not waste your time or your energy because you only have to do it once.

agree with everything you said, because sometimes better not argue with those people, because they wont change they opinion no matter how hard you will try to prove them that Michael wasn't a freak or child molester...But that's they problem :)

This reminds me. A few months ago, someone on Youtube PM'ed me with an 'essay' filled with all those cliche comments about Michael.
I wrote back a comprehensive reply - only to find out that the coward blocked me, so my message never got through. Just about made me pull my hair out.

I have to admit, I get no joy from arguing back and forth with unreasonable idiots (and yes, I'm talking about the passionately ignorant and unreasonable ones).
I don't know about you guys, but I don't look forward to seeing smart-arse replies build up in my inbox. They spoil my mood.
There are always times when I feel I MUST set them straight...and for the sake of truth and of my sanity, I just can't be a "silent warrior". :no:
I don't go crazy on them and I try to appear as objective as I can. But like I said before, there are some who'll call you an "obsessed fanboy/fangirl" if you defend Michael in any way. Gotta know when to stop. Chances are, most people will read the conversation and will notice who's the sane one and who's the unreasonable one.

Makes me cringe when some people resort to all-out swearing and personal attacks - attackers and defenders alike. Everybody ends up looking like a bunch of lunatics and that's the last thing MJ fans need.

It can get infuriating (Facebook and those Yahoo comments are the worst) and we have to accept that there are some people who just don't want to know the truth. But I can bet that everytime we post something in defense of Michael, there'll be passersby who'll read it and learn and there'll be other fans who'll feel boosted by it. So there's always something to gain, whether we know it or not.

After being his fan for 16yrs I could two sh*ts about the haters any more. If they want to waste their life dragging someone else's name in the mud, so be it.
At the end of this life, they will have to answer for their may deeds good or bad.

When I first became a fan, I got an adrenalin from defending Michael against the haters.
Now, I'm getting tired of it and I avoid reading negative comments if I can help it. After several years of facing these idiots, you get to a point where you go "Please just don't bother me anymore..."

When someone say something bad about Michael we should respond, if you stay quite then it means you accept what they say. We should defend him and honor him.

I suggest you compile a single reply which suits all cases and use in facebook, youtube, etc… you don’t have to write everything all over again every time, just keep it ready, and just start to copy-paste, it will not waste your time or your energy because you only have to do it once.

Yes, I have also considered that :) Only one thing, it might be recognized as SPAM. I dont mean to just stay silent, u can write a comment " I LOVE YOU MICHAEL :) " :) dont forget the smiley face, bear the positivity and conviction of knowing who michael is :)

When I first became a fan, I got an adrenalin from defending Michael against the haters.
Now, I'm getting tired of it and I avoid reading negative comments if I can help it. After several years of facing these idiots, you get to a point where you go "Please just don't bother me anymore..."

exactly :) after you've had enough you realize you can not waste your energy and time like that

Some of the worst comments though are fans to fans. There is still some lack of respect between us all. YOu just have to go over every other post since June to realise that.
Maybe once the issue of respecting eachother is dealt with we can move onto learning to reply to non Michael fans in a calm manor - with like you mention a sort of code of conduct.
But like many I am not bothered by the haters anymore, its best to ignore them.

(I am guilty as well of coming to blows with other fans)

sometimes it is wasting your time to talk to the haters
they decided to hate him even you show them evidence they just DON'T LISTEN
but i'll try my best to explain to them,this is the only thing i can do for micahel :)
if they believe it,they believe it .if they don't ,just let it be

As one who has been a fan of Michael's for quite some time, it's difficult to hear the negativity that has been going on, even now, where the man has passed and isn't here to defend himself. It's unjustifiably wrong.

Yet you cannot get on the level of what I deem as morons who haven't got a clue why we care so much about Michael. The best way is to just do the opposite of what they are claiming. Show why we care and why they're wrong in a tactful way.

We're the only ones that understand Michael, who cared about him, who made a difference in his life, and he, Michael cared about us. To me that's enough and will always remain a sweet memory.

I am a little bit puzzled about the haters, if they hate him so much why they go to his youtube channels, facebook, etc… why they go there in the first place?!

I am a little bit puzzled about the haters, if they hate him so much why they go to his youtube channels, facebook, etc… why they go there in the first place?!

It's interesting, isn't it? :coffee:

The original post was very well-put. Defending him to other people will do no good if you don't have a valid reason to back it up, other than "he's the king of pop, blah blah blah."

it doesn't bother me when ppl i don't know talk shit because i'm not going to waste my time with that fool. But it DOES bother me to an extreme when a family member or a close friend starts talking crap about Michael. Ugh, it makes me SO mad! Im hispanic, and in the spanish news they have never really cleared up the whole Michael white thing. So half of my latin family swears Michael wanted to be white and did it on purpose --__-- its so fustrating! and i'm not going to sit there and let them insult him or talk smack.

For me, I've stopped trying to argue with and fight people. The haters are beyond reasoning. The ones we need to reach out to are the uninformed. We need to combat ignorance. So many people don't think for themselves and they just let the media school them, so we need to stop bad press and irresponsible "journalism". We can't let sensationalism win and people in positions of authority get away with this stuff.

I didn't mind that people hated MJ before he passed. At best I just went along with it because I didn't wanna start fights. At worse, I just avoided the drama. After he passed, I felt that I had *ENOUGH* with the people who kept bringing up the old allegations. I was very heartbroken when I thought I could a trust a 'friend' about the trashy families but it seems as though that they are more emotionally invested in hearing about a child being harmed than giving weight to the possibility that nothing happened. That alone should be proof that these people are not worth our time.

Going into any kind of discussion with haters is just useless, for I won't give any of them satisfaction of making me upset before their eyes. It's what they're all about, so why give it to them.
I can deal rather easily with random f***tards, however its a bit more difficult when it comes to close friends and family members. Luckily, so far I only had to say "please, I really respect that man, and what you say is uppseting me too much, can we change the subject, please" Everyone with even half of a right mind will respond positive to this.

It depends on who says what, if its a friend or family member I'll try and explain things to them but a stranger... depends on their personality - I'm not the argumentative type face to face so when they are quite confrontational I just say 'I don't agree with you but we can agree to disagree' - if they persist more I say 'sorry this would turn into an argument where neither of us would win due to opposite points of view, so I repeat I will agree to disagree, thanks' stress breeds stress and I don't need to justify why I like Michael to anyone, why are they so bothered...? got nothing to talk about in their own lives? Ignore such people they want to upset you, sadly they find that fun, if you don't play their game back that is what annoys them lots!

Back