How well do people in London understand strangers?:)

ill admit a just a tad bit worried not 2much, i mean i planned on wearing a different mj shirt a day,but if im gonna get treated like shit 4it i mean,well nvm i dont care im wearing michael loud and proud lol. but yea hopefully ur right,and aww lol we r excited to be coming to london!!!

You should wear a different MJ shirt each day! No one will treat you like crap for it! We LOVE MJ here, and plus this summer, it's going to be total Michaelmania in London!!!!!!!

^ :unsure: what the heck? I'm really starting to not like the sounds of this. AND whats the deal with hatin' on Asians? Now I'm starting to wonder about the hate on african americans? What in the world! Why the dislike for americans or tourist in general. I mean your sister sounds like she knows what the deal is if she's in the military. Michaelsson please tell me your not going alone?

And to think I was thinking about going ALONE myself. THese folk betsta not make me get STRAIGHT PROJECT HOOD ON THEM. ah right MATEs.:ermm:

not saying all londoners are like this.

edit:
lol got way carried away with politics there.

anyways......
we dont hate asians.
lol
im sure you will all be fine.
when they notice ur MJ fans.
they will no ur coming here for the gigs and your amazing coz ur seeing MJ.
lol
:D

Last edited:
ill admit a just a tad bit worried not 2much, i mean i planned on wearing a different mj shirt a day,but if im gonna get treated like shit 4it i mean,well nvm i dont care im wearing michael loud and proud lol. but yea hopefully ur right,and aww lol we r excited to be coming to london!!!

THE UK LOVE MJ!
so dont be worried.
we love him here.
probs why hes doing the gigs here.
coz we love him and europe do.

London is a great city - people should not stress so much over it lol. And there are LOADS of foreigners - hard to find a Brit most of the time!

lol

thats what i was thinking.

please everyone dont be nervous or scared about travelling to London. Even though I live in London, Im actually from Irealnd and have only lived here for just over 2 years. London is an amazing place, with soo many different nationaliites and coultures exsisting in one city.

Just walk down the main shopping street, Oxford Street, and you will be amazed at how many different nationalities, languages, ethnic dressed people you will see. White people from all over the world, speaking English with an accent or speaking French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russion etc, Black people, with a British accent, or a Carribean accent or African accent or speaking a European language. Asian people, speaking with a british accent and dressed in Western clothes, or dressed in saris and turbans speaking punjab, Chinese people speaking manderin etc. London is a very multicultural city.

Also about the safety aspect. Im going to be very honest with you all, London, like an other major city, does have a high crime rate. Generally all the stories you hear about stabbings, shootings etc in London are not in the major tourist areas. Londons crime problem is very localised and the more serious and high profile crimes tend to be gang related and do not affect the ordinary person going about their daily buisness in central London. Other than the usual pick pockets operating in the tourist areas, the majority of the crime will not affect tourists.

I have been living in London for over 2 years, in an area which has a reputation as a high crime neighborhood, and I can honestly say that I have never had any problems nor have I had any crime in the area personally affect me.

please everyone dont be nervous or scared about travelling to London. Even though I live in London, Im actually from Irealnd and have only lived here for just over 2 years. London is an amazing place, with soo many different nationaliites and coultures exsisting in one city.

Just walk down the main shopping street, Oxford Street, and you will be amazed at how many different nationalities, languages, ethnic dressed people you will see. White people from all over the world, speaking English with an accent or speaking French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russion etc, Black people, with a British accent, or a Carribean accent or African accent or speaking a European language. Asian people, speaking with a british accent and dressed in Western clothes, or dressed in saris and turbans speaking punjab, Chinese people speaking manderin etc. London is a very multicultural city.

Also about the safety aspect. Im going to be very honest with you all, London, like an other major city, does have a high crime rate. Generally all the stories you hear about stabbings, shootings etc in London are not in the major tourist areas. Londons crime problem is very localised and the more serious and high profile crimes tend to be gang related and do not affect the ordinary person going about their daily buisness in central London. Other than the usual pick pockets operating in the tourist areas, the majority of the crime will not affect tourists.

I have been living in London for over 2 years, in an area which has a reputation as a high crime neighborhood, and I can honestly say that I have never had any problems nor have I had any crime in the area personally affect me.

i agree. I lived in London too for some time. Keep your wallet to yourself though. People get mugged in London too.
As for discrimination ... there're so many nationalities, most of brits are nice, however, let's be honest many of them are snobish and look down on everyone who doesn't speak british english. The good thing is they're quite polite and in most cases will cover their true feelings with fake politeness. lol
Other than that, fans will be fine. Smile, people, and look for friendly faces who will help you :)

ghetto? us? naaaaaw....y'all can hang out, i'll be at the pub. bump that, im too small and i hate walking, especially outside...nature and me are not friends. so yes, i'll be w/ my pint.

ghetto? us? naaaaaw....y'all can hang out, i'll be at the pub. bump that, im too small and i hate walking, especially outside...nature and me are not friends. so yes, i'll be w/ my pint.

blame it on da al al al al alcohol lol

ow peepssss...
are you gonna live nfrom the mac donalds and burger kings?
shame on you, haha....

Not me.... no way.... i loveeeeeee wagamama... good asian healthy food!

naw man i want bangers and mash! lol mushy p eas, a damn boiled egg and some eel pie...lol bump mickey d's not when im abroad.

only thing i won't eat is blood sausage...no pork for moi lol

omg we gotta find a primo pub dude

I'm from 'up narth' and they seem to treat me ok when I go down............lol!

London is very cosmopolitan, it has the world greatest fashion college in Central St Martins (unfortunately a certain dude went there and sang about it). It has varied industries which bring in talents from around the world. It probs is one of the most diverse cities.

You'll be fine, it will be awash with MJ fans..

You should wear a different MJ shirt each day! No one will treat you like crap for it! We LOVE MJ here, and plus this summer, it's going to be total Michaelmania in London!!!!!!!

Really, don't worry, I totally agree with the above! We do love him, even if some idiots are embarrassed to say so.. they still clamber for tickets!! :)

I've been to London a few times.. and on my own, and I've only just turned 21 and I'm 5 foot and a few fag ends! The last time I went there, I was carrying a huuuuge suitcase on the way back from holiday. I was completely lost, my flight was late so I missed my train and I didn't have a CLUE how to use the tubes. But everyone there was so helpful :) The train ticket guys changed my ticket to a later time for me (might be because I practically cried at him though.. lol), some kind gentlemen explained to me how to use the tube and carried my suitcase on and off, and someone else helped me with my suitcase down the train..

So don't be worried, the majority of people there are very friendly and helpful, and your English is very good anyway :)

Really, don't worry, I totally agree with the above! We do love him, even if some idiots are embarrassed to say so.. they still clamber for tickets!! :)

I've been to London a few times.. and on my own, and I've only just turned 21 and I'm 5 foot and a few fag ends! The last time I went there, I was carrying a huuuuge suitcase on the way back from holiday. I was completely lost, my flight was late so I missed my train and I didn't have a CLUE how to use the tubes. But everyone there was so helpful :) The train ticket guys changed my ticket to a later time for me (might be because I practically cried at him though.. lol), some kind gentlemen explained to me how to use the tube and carried my suitcase on and off, and someone else helped me with my suitcase down the train..

So don't be worried, the majority of people there are very friendly and helpful, and your English is very good anyway :)

That's very nice of them! Poor you got lost!! o_o I think it would be better if I go with someone lol.

Honestly, lol, the way some people are talking you'd think you were visiting a war scene. lol. Jk.
You will be juuuust fine. The centre is perfectly safe during the day. There are tourists galoooor (everywhere).
London doesnt have the homeless beggars culture as bad as other major cities, you will feel quite safe. I promise! :)
Even the subway is quite good. I found it clean and well, efficient. Its interestingly the first ever subway built in the world so even that has a feeling of history lol. :)

does the train in london sound like the ones in nYC cuz them jokers be sound like we gonna derail?:rofl: I hate new york trains. especially when they're stopping. I can hear that screeching sound in my ear now just thinking bout it.:bugeyed

lol, people thinking London is some all-white, all English, racist, dark age city.

48% of people living in London were not born in the UK.

A 1993 study found that 300 languages are spoken in London and that it is the multilingual capital of the world.

London is tied with New York as being THE global multicultural city.

Last edited:
lol, people thinking London is some all-white, all English, racist, dark age city.

A 1993 study found that 300 languages are spoken in London and that it is the multilingual capital of the world.

Hehe.. yeah a lot of misconceptions!

Toronto, Ontario is one of the most diverse and multicultural cities too! :D

wow u learn somethin new everyday. thanx 4 this i feel even better now lol

naw man i want bangers and mash! lol mushy p eas, a damn boiled egg and some eel pie...lol bump mickey d's not when im abroad.

only thing i won't eat is blood sausage...no pork for moi lol

omg we gotta find a primo pub dude

Im a good old cockney lass, and half of that made my stomach turn! lol

Like this guy said you really have nothing to be worried. Yes there are some crime hot spot but unless you decide to go touring the outer boroughs i really wouldn't worry. The only thing i would warn about is pick pockets on the trains. Trains can become really packed during rush hours, and they use this as an oppourtunity to nick ur valuables. Just keep your stuff in a bag not pockets, and keep that bag closed!

Also, i really wouldn't go by people working in mcdonalds, most of them are just disgruntled that they are stuck working in mcdonalds! lol

Half of the people in central london are from the outskirts of the city and commute in, majority are friendly down to earth people, just don't god forbid stand on the wrong side of the escalator in a tube station and you will be fine! lol

Most of the impressions people get of londoners is either the snobby toffs who think they are IT cos they work in canary warf, or a cockney knees up mother brown east enders, when the truth is the majority are somewhere in between :p

It really is a lovely place to visit, good resturantes, good clubs, good shops...

Oh and for all those into something slightly alternative, i recommend camden! Love it! :)

For those looking for a pub, I love ben crouches tavern of oxford street, its like an old london pub that tim burton has decorated :lol:

Back