Howdy! New Member Here! :D

Invincible2k1

Proud Member
Well, hello! I'm new to the forum! I guess you could say I'm a sort of new fan, also, in both senses that I belong to this current generation of young folks and that I found my love for Michael in the recent past. My interest in Michael actually began shortly before he died, when I heard he was preparing for the This Is It tour and I began getting exposed to his music outside of the usual Off the Wall and Thriller albums played in my house as a child. What truly lit the interest fire was his death. His death was the first death that HURT me and I was only 13 at the time. I mean, his death truly hurt my heart so very much, it was mind-boggling, to me, that I felt this way about a man I never met nor knew. So I HAD to find out why. What was it about this stranger, who clearly touched my heart in more ways than I ever knew, that his death felt like I lost a dearly beloved family member? I had to know who he was (Is. I mean he may not be here physically in a human body, but his spirit definitely still exist. At least that's what I believe.), what he is about, and what made him tick. I needed to understand him. Moreover, I wanted to know who Michael Jackson, the man, is as much as I possibly could with the resources I had. Therefore, I spent that entire summer in front of the television and computer, watching every Michael Jackson Takeover Monday on Fuse, watching every single documentary that came on, staying on the music-related, E!, and TV Guide channels, watching every short film on Vevo. I was reading the beautiful and the ugly things written about Michael, reading all the interviews I could find, looking out for interviews from the family, friends, and "friends", finding his autobiography and reading the actual words from his mind, deciphering the facts from fiction, and discovering that I truly, TRULY enjoyed this man and his personality and his talent and everything about him. The summer of 2009 has to be THE most memorable to me up to this point in my life. Now that began this tradition I have in which I research Michael, I guess there being different "sections" each summer so-to-speak. Over these past five years, I've gained so much knowlege about Michael and I've gained so much love (and that caught me off-guard. I never expected to become a fan, let alone love Michael Jackson! Haha^-^) for Michael. It's crazy how dear he is to my heart and I never had the chance to meet him. But how could you not love him? He just oozed love!^-^ These five years I've spent learning about him has been a wonderful experience and I wish I could have expierenced while he was still physically here with us, though I'd probably have to be older for that to have happened also. Well, I hope you made it to the end of my post (it was rather long, so I don't blame you if you didn't! Lol) and I'd just like to pose the question: When and what was the moment that Michael became so significant to you and why was it that moment?

Well, hello Invincible2k1 :ciao:

Always wonderful to have new members and it doesn't matter if you're a NEW one or not. You certainly have been touched by Michael and found his :heart: and all he stood for...

Welcome to MJJCommunity :wub:
Have fun here...

Daz.

Hi there Invincible2k1, and welcome to the forum ;)

Hi! :D It's always nice to get to know another fan!

Well, it's pretty uncomfortable to admit it, but I became a fan when he died. :( I'd been familiar with his music before, as my mother used to listen to his songs a lot, but the reason why I didn't realize how talented and fantastic he was is probably the fact that I was born in a new generation.... To be honest, I usually like one or two songs by an artist, but that's it, thus I can't name a favourite singer - except MJ. I was so happy when I found out more about his "underrated songs" as well, because I fell immediately in love with basically all of his songs. I wish I'd become a fan of his earlier... Shame on me. But at least I never, NEVER, believed for even a second all the terrible lies about him.

Anyway, welcome and have a great time here! :D

Hi! :D It's always nice to get to know another fan!

Well, it's pretty uncomfortable to admit it, but I became a fan when he died. :( I'd been familiar with his music before, as my mother used to listen to his songs a lot, but the reason why I didn't realize how talented and fantastic he was is probably the fact that I was born in a new generation.... To be honest, I usually like one or two songs by an artist, but that's it, thus I can't name a favourite singer - except MJ. I was so happy when I found out more about his "underrated songs" as well, because I fell immediately in love with basically all of his songs. I wish I'd become a fan of his earlier... Shame on me. But at least I never, NEVER, believed for even a second all the terrible lies about him.

Anyway, welcome and have a great time here! :D

Oh, I couldn't agree more with everything you said! Especially about the lies. I think, too, that was greatly due to my parents. They never for a second believed that he was guilty of anything of the sort. We came in at an interesting time where most of the world was shunning Michael and unless you had parents that were fans, you were either taught he was that dumb name the British tabloids gave him and/or a child molester or you knew practically nothing at all except that he made Thriller the song and he was going through a trial of some sort. Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome! Nice to meet you! :D

Oh, I couldn't agree more with everything you said! Especially about the lies. I think, too, that was greatly due to my parents. They never for a second believed that he was guilty of anything of the sort. We came in at an interesting time where most of the world was shunning Michael and unless you had parents that were fans, you were either taught he was that dumb name the British tabloids gave him and/or a child molester or you knew practically nothing at all except that he made Thriller the song and he was going through a trial of some sort. Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome! Nice to meet you! :D

Exactly! If it wasn't for my parents, I would have heard only the stuff that the tabloids wrote (I'm not sure if I used the correct tense, haha, sorry for my English).

Welcome! Always good to see new generations of fans. I think your experience is not unique--many were touched by Michael even after his passing, in a way that has not been replicated by other celebrity deaths. I think you could say he was truly unique both as an artist and as a human being, and that people understand this even on a basic level.

There never could be, nor will there ever be, another--and that's what is truly very surreal about his life and death, and what piques my interest about him.

Back