I Am a Fan, But... (What Makes You Heretic Among Other Fans?)

On vocal impersonators:
- Jean Walker is overrated and his voice has not aged well
- Jason Malachi still does one of the best grits, Jeffrey Perez may have more control but has a kiddy tone to his voice
- Marcus Joseph Williams exaggerates too much of the "bubbly" voice and struggles elsewhere
Yeah I agree, I’ve been on a sound alike kick lately cause I feel with the right one we could get someone to do some badass A.I. the best ones I’ve found are Jeffrey Perez who definitely gets close but can’t hit high notes very well and uses a bit too much grit and Everett Sexton Harper who in my opinion is the best! He sounds like a dead ringer for Michael. He sounds natural and not like he’s trying. Probably because he’s not a vocal impersonator and an actual singer who just sounds like Michael. Kind of like Ralph Tresvant who has a naturally higher boyish tone but different. I found him on tiktok, definitely worth checking out! His covers of Human Nature and You Are Not Alone are outrageous!

Jean Walker and Sebastian Suarez are dogsh** though.. sorry not sorry!

I think MJ using guns in Smooth Criminal was a funny, odd, but ultimately bad choice to make. It kinda serves no purpose and flys in the face of his non-violent ethos. Everything else is far more theatrical.

It's not huge or anything. But I would be fine if he never had done it.

Also, he peaked in 1993 or so. But his 1998-2001 output was still better than most of what he did between Thriller and Bad.

The Bad album is better than Thriller album.
The costumes on the Dangerous Tour were just too simple, he did invest more in the Bad and HIStory tours.
I can't accept than with new and better technology, he couldn't top "Rocket Man" on the HIStory Tour and he just walked out of the stage like in the 80s.
The 2010 WATW version is an insult, especially with the ending.
MJ should have released a full rock album.

Last edited:
You have to burn that rock album yourself.

1. Come Together
2. Dirty Diana
3. Morphine
4. Give In To Me
5. Shout
6. D.S.
7. Rocker
8. Beat It
9. State Of Shock

I kind of agreed with Jarvis Cocker, not necessarily his action but why he did it.

I kind of agreed with Jarvis Cocker, not necessarily his action but why he did it.
Same. I didn't like the statue floating down the Thames. I thought it was pretentious, lots of people did. I have never liked the staging of Earth Song, I think it almost ruins a really beautiful, meaningful song. I don't like what Jarvis did bc I think it's better to leave people to make up their own minds. We don't need Jarvis to tell us what to think. But I can understand his frustration at how Michael seemed to be presenting himself.

You have to burn that rock album yourself.

1. Come Together
2. Dirty Diana
3. Morphine
4. Give In To Me
5. Shout
6. D.S.
7. Rocker
8. Beat It
9. State Of Shock
1. Heartbreak Hotel (re-recording)
2. Beat It
3. Give Into Me
4. Dirty Diana
5. A Place with no Name
6. Morphine
7. Come Together
8. Black or White

Can't Let Her Get Away is a better song than Throwin' Your Life Away. To me at least. It ended up on an album where TYLA didn't so that alone gives it the edge lol.

But maybe if it eventually made it then I'd be singing a different tune.

At one point on this forum, many moons ago, it would have been that 3 songs on Michael were not sung by him. I remember some of those who maintained it was him.

At one point on this forum, many moons ago, it would have been that 3 songs on Michael were not sung by him. I remember some of those who maintained it was him.
They still officially are, removal notwithstanding. In the same way Leaving Neverland is official accusations against MJ, as unimpressive a set of allegations they are.

They still officially are, removal notwithstanding. In the same way Leaving Neverland is official accusations against MJ, as unimpressive a set of allegations they are.
Well the Estate is officially supposed to preserve MJ's legacy and look how that's turning out.

gun-movies-actor-keanu-reeves-wallpaper-preview.jpg

How it feels like when you say you like Timbaland's remixes in this forum

Well the Estate is officially supposed to preserve MJ's legacy and look how that's turning out.
MJs legacy preserves itself. The help is nice but
Tbh, they don't do that much good or bad.

MJ would definitely still succeed even if he didn't have an estate. It definitely helps though. And when they get it right, its really impactful. So idk.

Back