I Am a Fan, But... (What Makes You Heretic Among Other Fans?)

And also that MJ sang his best on other people's songs. Like Say Say Say, The Man, and Get It, To Satisfy You and Whatzupwiu even, those are all top of their era vocals.

And also that MJ sang his best on other people's songs. Like Say Say Say, The Man, and Get It, To Satisfy You and Whatzupwiu even, those are all top of their era vocals.
That’s an unorthodox opinion.

I’ll take a stab at this…

I actually really enjoy “Breaking News” putting the vocals aside. Teddy’s production (especially the strings section) is very much in “MJ style”

It's The Falling in Love is the best song on Off The Wall. Fight me about it.
@zinniabooklover Don't laugh, I've always adored this song. Ever since I was a small child, and literally did not even comprehend MJs mystique yet. I've always admired Off The Wall, and this song in particular just captures MJs essence in a special way.

@zinniabooklover Don't laugh, I've always adored this song. Ever since I was a small child, and literally did not even comprehend MJs mystique yet. I've always admired Off The Wall, and this song in particular just captures MJs essence in a special way.
oh, I wasn't laughing in a horrible way. And I wasn't laughing at the song. I love it. I only really like two songs on OTW - one is Get On The Floor and that's more for his lovely laughter at 3m 38s. The other one is ITFIL. I'm not mad keen on duets but this one I love. I think it's the best one he did. Apart from IJCSLY with Judith Hill for TII.

Anyway, no hate. I was laughing at the 'Fight me about it' bit. idk why, it just tickled me. :D

I agree. while they all do have talent, Michael stood out already from the very beginning. of course, the lead singer of a group always does that. but anyway, they could have made it big themselves, as well, and that would automatically have given them more attention, for other things (like their talent), than being Michael Jacksons brother/sister, or a member of Jackson 5/The Jacksons/the Jackson family

come on guys. look at Jermain performing at the Vitory tour. I don't think he would even have a career if MJ didn't exist lol.
They were very professional, but that's mainly because they were really hard workers and had tons of experience.
Now there is one that is really underrated: Randy....but there is a very serious reason for him never making it and he can only blame himself

come on guys. look at Jermain performing at the Vitory tour. I don't think he would even have a career if MJ didn't exist lol.
They were very professional, but that's mainly because they were really hard workers and had tons of experience.
Now there is one that is really underrated: Randy....but there is a very serious reason for him never making it and he can only blame himself
why didn't randy make it?

Jermaine was literally fine in relation to most other 80s talents. Sorry he's just a normal human next to Superman though.

Michael and Janet were the only two Jacksons with above-average talent levels.

One of the many reasons I simply can’t be bothered with any Jacksons project is that MJ is so good he actively makes his brothers look/sound worse, especially when they’re so obviously trying to match (or at least keep pace with) his presence and charisma. It’s like going from a five-course meal prepared by a Michelin-star chef, to your local Burger King five minutes before closing.

I'm a fan but... I love Michael's drunky face from Invincible era so much.... He was so cool, brutal, self-confident and cocky :love: Manly man
eb9032a69b99b152ef5f118fe7b5a647.gif

One of the many reasons I simply can’t be bothered with any Jacksons project is that MJ is so good he actively makes his brothers look/sound worse, especially when they’re so obviously trying to match (or at least keep pace with) his presence and charisma. It’s like going from a five-course meal prepared by a Michelin-star chef, to your local Burger King five minutes before closing.

Depends on what your criteria for talent is I suppose.

Sure Michael was the most talented of the bunch but the other brothers had musical talent as well. Jermaine is a very accomplished bass player and a more than decent singer. People often underestimate his own solo career. Jackie Jacksons voice is also very beautiful, I think he is world class as a background singer. I often pay attention to his voice on the Jackson 5 songs. Randy Jackson for example is a good song writer, they all are in fact. As a unison the brothers were very talented in harmony singing.

So if the main difference between the brothers and Michael is presence and charisma then it is not a lot imo.
The main difference imo is that MJ had a much more versatile voice and I believe he was a true innovator in dance. These aspects are what his brothers had less off.

Anyway I'm not typing this to spark a debate, I also find Michael to be head and shoulders above them but he is above most other singers/performers not just his brothers. It is more like one being extraordinary gifted while the others are just gifted making the others look ordinary which isn't the case. That's is what I try to say lol

It's The Falling in Love is the best song on Off The Wall. Fight me about it.
Nobody would fight you for that, only if you had picked girlfriend

PS I love girlfriend but I'm the only one in the entire fandom most likely, I have it in my top 100 posted somewhere here

I almost said girlfriend but that's just not true, it's middle of the pack. The only song I really don't enjoy is She's Out of My Life but it's still a beautiful song. Demo is great as well.
Nobody would fight you for that, only if you had picked girlfriend

PS I love girlfriend but I'm the only one in the entire fandom most likely, I have it in my top 100 posted somewhere here

This is

Also not a heretical take. It seems like one of the requirements to be an elite Michael Jackson fan.

elite Michael Jackson fan
That is so 🤣 funny! Elite fan 😂. I thought this part was obvious that Michael and Janet were way ahead in talent, charisma, showmanship than other Jacksons, which on other side also led to his isolation and downfall 😢

You want shock and horror. I'll give you shock and horror!

Latoya Jackson is the most talented singer in the family. The fact that Michael called her voice annoying is pure jealousy for her angelic voice!

You want shock and horror. I'll give you shock and horror!

Latoya Jackson is the most talented singer in the family. The fact that Michael called her voice annoying is pure jealousy for her angelic voice!
Shock and horror!!! 😨😨

Back