I Am a Fan, But... (What Makes You Heretic Among Other Fans?)

Another hot take - the HIStory tour was not good. I've tried to watch it and while some of the choreography is good, he looks tired, sounds awful, and I think the prelude with the spaceship was mishandled and just didn't stack up to his arrival on the Dangerous tour.

1 - Moonwalker movie sucks, it just sucks the only good part are the videos in the begining and Smooth Criminal.
2 - Smooth Criminal video is better than Thriller video
3 - His live setlists were terrible, never i watched a MJ show and felt that the setlists were good
4 - The Jackson were WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than The Jackson 5
5 - Destiny and Triumph are better than Off The Wall
6 - BAD is the greatest album he ever made

Another hot take - the HIStory tour was not good. I've tried to watch it and while some of the choreography is good, he looks tired, sounds awful, and I think the prelude with the spaceship was mishandled and just didn't stack up to his arrival on the Dangerous tour.
Another non-heretical. Most fans don't like the HIStory tour

1 - Moonwalker movie sucks, it just sucks the only good part are the videos in the begining and Smooth Criminal.
Moonwalker = a mish-mash of videos linked together with duct tape. A pure ego trip for Michael.

Moonwalker has a lot of nostalgia value and could be seen as "a bit of fun" but watching as an adult is a bit jarring, like, what is even the point of this? Definitely an ego trip lol. Elvis movies weren't very good either but fans will watch them anyway.

To circle back to the HIStory tour you can tell from the videos I've seen that he was worn out and didn't want to be there. Really going through the motions. I think he had laryngitis as well. His dance moves even seemed to drop off a bit and he seemed to fall back to the shoulder swirl thing as a default for some odd reason. You even sense the crowd is a bit 'off' as well. Probably a good reason why the HIStory tour was never released officially on DVD.

2 - Smooth Criminal video is better than Thriller video
3 - His live setlists were terrible, never i watched a MJ show and felt that the setlists were good
4 - The Jackson were WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than The Jackson 5
5 - Destiny and Triumph are better than Off The Wall
6 - BAD is the greatest album he ever made

He kept going back to the same J5 songs in the middle of his shows and I found that a bit annoying. If I needed a toilet break I'd probably take it then.

Disagree on 5 and 6. I think BAD has great singles but isn't a great album as an entire project. I'd rate Dangerous, Off the Wall and Thriller ahead of it.

Reactions: xam
Moonwalker has a lot of nostalgia value and could be seen as "a bit of fun" but watching as an adult is a bit jarring, like, what is even the point of this? Definitely an ego trip lol. Elvis movies weren't very good either but fans will watch them anyway.

To circle back to the HIStory tour you can tell from the videos I've seen that he was worn out and didn't want to be there. Really going through the motions. I think he had laryngitis as well. His dance moves even seemed to drop off a bit and he seemed to fall back to the shoulder swirl thing as a default for some odd reason. You even sense the crowd is a bit 'off' as well. Probably a good reason why the HIStory tour was never released officially on DVD.

He kept going back to the same J5 songs in the middle of his shows and I found that a bit annoying. If I needed a toilet break I'd probably take it then.

Disagree on 5 and 6. I think BAD has great singles but isn't a great album as an entire project. I'd rate Dangerous, Off the Wall and Thriller ahead of it.
Dangerous in my opinion suffers a bit because of its length, if he had cut-off some tracks it would be a perfect record, it was modern and fresh, but i would cut She Drives Me Wild, Can't Let Her Get Away, Keep the Faith and depending on the day Gone Too Soon, maybe if he kept those for future projects (for example instead of remixes on BOTDF he could've put those tracks there with some updates to their sound)

I think Michael was as puritanical as can be, at least up until Bad. I don't believe any stories of a costar or a groupie having their way with him, before the 90s anyway. MJs experience with women was so traumatic, it borderline broke many modern laws Really.

the rumours about michael planning to have gender reassignment surgery and marry actor/songwriter (‘never can say goodbye’) clifton davis, began around the time of ‘the wiz’ when he was still a teenager. the ones about him taking female hormones to maintain a high voice and gain softer features, came around ‘thriller’. going back even further, they claimed he was a castro as a child when he sang with his brothers.
Having just started to really think about this, no, not a single one of these things is a "harmless" rumor. The latter two are the single most damaging pieces of myth that haunt MJ outside of the allegations sphere. People still actually believe that crap or a variation of it.

Frankly it's absolutely kind of mental that you'd say oxygen chambers and elephant man bones are worse.

Literally nobody talks about that anymore.

Also, the gossip mill, the only time they get to talking about MJ, and it's explicitly his 70s/80s relationships. Tatum O'Neal, Brooke Shields, Diana Ross. Literally none of those women came around post Thriller. There's Lisa Presley sure but she's not as talked about even and she married the guy. If they're gonna talk about MJ post Thriller, then they insist on plastic surgery, Bubbles, and the sleepovers first.

So I guess you're heretic for saying MJ making up fake stories was actually an awful thing. Congrats!

My biggest hot take is that MJs relationships with women were actually pretty bad. And they should downplay them.

    ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲ ̲̲

Back