I don't care what anyone says......

Boldest statement i have ever heard Haha

Xscape is excellent and i am enjoying it thoroughly but to say its better than Invincible is BOLD, there is no competition IMO

I'm sorry but I really hate it when Michael is compared to Michael. The media always did this....Bad hasn't sold as well as Thriller, etc. why do we have to rank his albums or compare one with another? He should be compared with whatever was released by other artists around the same time. When we do this we see that his projects always leave theirs in the dust.

I think the Xscape project altogether beat the Michael one because it included the original demos (and for me, no Cascio tracks {since there are some out there who still deem those tracks to be legitimate Michael Jackson tracks}), but to be honest, when it comes to the "contemporary" tracks on both, I really only like "Loving You" on Xscape, so Michael wins there for me because I loved so many more of the songs (that's prolly cause I didn't hear the originals).
When in comparison to Invincible, Invincible wins hands down, because not only was it a totally authentic MJ experience where we get more tastes of his artistry, but also because the songs sounded better and not all like mere remixes. But I'm honestly glad for unreleased material altogether because looking at how much there is, it really shows Michael was a true artist who wrote music endlessly just about and was a master of melodies. He could basically write it all-- from funk and grooves to the lighter more lovely stuff like the way you love me.

invincible
dangerous
Bad
Blood
Xscape
Off The Wall
Thriller
Michael

Since we're ranking:

1. Thriller
2. Bad
3. Dangerous
4. Invincible
5. Xscape
6. HIStory
7. Off The Wall
8. Michael
9.Got To Be There
10.Music & Me
11.Forever, Michael
12.Ben

Totally impossible to rank the albums - because it changes all the time. - Sometimes I hear Invincible the most, other times I only hear the 5 songs from BOTDF etc. etc. - But should I try to rank the albums as it is now this would be the list I guess.

1. Dangerous
2. HIStory
3. BAD
4. Thriller
5. Invincible
6. Off The Wall
7. Xscape
8. Blood On The DanceFloor
9. Michael
10. Got To Be There
11. Music & Me
12. Ben
13. Forever, Michael

1. Dangerous
2. HIStory
3. Off The Wall
4. Thriller
5. Bad
6. Blood On The Dance Floor
7. Invincible
8. Xscape
9. Music & Me
10. Forever, Michael
11. Got To Be There
12. Ben
13. Michael

1.Invincible
2.HIStory
3.Dangerous
4.BAD
5.Xscape
6.Blood On The DanceFloor
7.Thriller
8.Off The Wall
9.Michael

1. Bad
2. Dangerous
3. HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor
4. Off The Wall and Thriller
5. Invincible
6. Xscape

I like to pretend that ''Michael'' never happened

I understand and appreciate the OP's excitement for XSCAPE but, as others have said, you simply can't compare posthumous releases to the material Michael released during his lifetime. To quote the album's liner notes:

Posthumous albums, of course, are different than albums an artist finishes and releases while at the helm. Michael Jackson's official canon--the albums, performances and short films he oversaw and realized during his lifetime--is complete. That catalog remains one of the most impressive and durable in the history of music, still inspiring new generations of fans and artists alike.

It can and should be compared to "Michael" of course, and I think most (if not all) will agree that XSCAPE is an infinitely better and more interesting release than that album was.

Also, my current album ranking would be sth like this:

01. Dangerous
02. HIStory
03. Blood On The Dance Floor
04. Bad
05. Invincible
06. Off The Wall
07. Thriller
08. Got To Be There
09. Music And Me
10. Ben
11. Forever, Michael
-----
1. XSCAPE
2. Michael

I can't believe some of you are putting Xscape Before History, Off the wall & Thriller
THRILLER?! Seriously? :wtf:

In my view, the posthumous albums don't count as Michael Jackson albums. I see them as more as tributes to MJ, and I appreciate them for that. My list probably goes

Dangerous > Thriller > Bad > HIStory > Invincible > Off The Wall (> BotDF)
--
Xscape >> Michael

I love Xscape but I can't even class it with Michaels albums that he lovingly created and nurtured and slaved over. It's just...different. Not in a particularly negative or good way, it just is.

With just 8 songs X isn't even comparable to Invincible. I think Invincible has far greater depth and adventure. Highlights: Unbreakable, Break of dawn, Speechless, 2000 Watts and the last 4 songs.

Come to think of it, the first half of Invincible itself is better than X.

Dangerous = Bad > HIStory > Thriller > Invincible > Blood On the Dance Floor > Off The Wall > Xscape > Michael

Last edited:
To me Xscape (Demos) as an album better than Invincible yes, not as more remixes though. LOVE the demos.

To me, I'm of the same opinion that Xscape cannot be compared to MJ albums released when he was alive. Not the same quality. It's not only about the songs, it's about everything. Remastering, production. The album has MJ's songs, but it feels like it's missing his soul, his presence.

Back