I feel that people are really starting to come around now

^^ Agreed. & I think some closet fans need to come out. ;o Great to see him popping out everywhere.. from different covers I've seen artists do lately to ABDC to one of the AI performances tonight.

My lil cousin came into my room once and saw an MJ pic and even she knew he had a skin disorder and isn't ignorant like some of the much older people. =/ My sis and mom don't him but meh. I'm feeling more comfortable and more proud to be a fan as things progress. :)

What I love the most is that we MJ Fans stood our ground during the treacherous smear campaign. We held on to the truth and didn't budge no matter what. We did the stick and stay for real.

Michael is a good man.

Pretty soon, we will be hearing the sound of crickets on the other side. And if we are unable to hear the crickets, it will be because Michael's music is blasting through those woofers and drowning them out. :lol:

I honestly think there's a LOT of people out there who love Mike, they're just not in love with him like we are. The haters are just that, haters and they take as much time posting stupid comments on the internet as we do posting positive things, but they're not the majority; I truly believe there's a lot of people who like him but just aren't as outspoken about it as we are.

I agree, sometimes I think that people go along with the negativity just to become popular with everyone else. Underneath it all, they're really fans. The haters are on the extreme end of the spectrum, but I also believe that they're fans underneath it all. They just won't admit to being one.

Most people like Michael Jacksons music, it's just at certain points over the last few years many have been actually scared to say it in front of their friends or whatever, this is obvious. However lately I have also noticed more acceptance of Michael again :)

The other day I had my T25 with me at school, I started to take out stuff from my bag and two girls who I've never spoken to asked to see it, I said yes and they were like 'wow he's great'.

I started telling them I was a huge fan and though they didn't went nuts about him, they did said that they didn't judged him despite all the efforts the media had done to destroy him, they said that no matter what he was a living legend, a genious and deserved everyones respect.
One of them even mention the incident in Berlin with Blanket, and said 'How stupid are people who think he was dangling the baby...geez he was holding him tight, plus people throw their kids in the air all the time and nothing happens' I just smiled.

On another ocassion I was with two friends and we were working on my laptop, a group of guys from my class came in and asked if they could see some pictures on it. I said yes and when they went to my desktop and say my MJ wallpaper they were 'Hey it's Michael Jackson', and one of them started to sing Billie Jean, the other started to do a little dance and all, it was cute, no hatred what so ever. :)

It might be cause I'm in college and not highschool though, highschool kids are so inmature they jump to hating comments.

i have noticed this ever since T25 came out and I think its a good thing. I think at the end of the day it goes back to the music and how brilliant it is. No one can deny that the music is great and always will be.

I honestly think there's a LOT of people out there who love Mike, they're just not in love with him like we are. The haters are just that, haters and they take as much time posting stupid comments on the internet as we do posting positive things, but they're not the majority; I truly believe there's a lot of people who like him but just aren't as outspoken about it as we are.

...Yeah, but I swear even the haters are closet fans. They really are, lol. They like (most of/some of) his songs, they envy his style, his success...

This is a great thread. It's so true! MJ is about to take over again. :D

I agree, sometimes I think that people go along with the negativity just to become popular with everyone else. Underneath it all, they're really fans. The haters are on the extreme end of the spectrum, but I also believe that they're fans underneath it all. They just won't admit to being one.

Exactly! Closet fans! lol. They won't admit it but Mike is irresistable :p

Last edited:
...Yeah, but I swear even the haters are closet fans. They really are, lol. They like (most of/some of) his songs, they envy his style, his success...

This is a great thread. It's so true! MJ is about to take over again. :D

You are so right about that I always think the same that the haters auctually like Michael the pretend they dont but why do the constantly talk about Michael? Im sure those haters have at least 1 MJ album in there collection ;) :lol:

I was just curiously browsing through a mp3 download site, and among their most downloaded albums is T25!
I know it sucks they're downloading it, but it goes to show there's a lot of people out there eagerly awaiting new music from TKOP...

Last edited:
Yesterday on MTV Arabia I was watching a show called "The Shop" they were talking about MJ it was positive, maybe they will repeat it today so I might record that clip.

You are so right about that I always think the same that the haters auctually like Michael the pretend they dont but why do the constantly talk about Michael? Im sure those haters have at least 1 MJ album in there collection ;) :lol:

The haters on youtube are the best IMO. They claim to hate Michael but if they hate him so much then why do they always watch his videos?

Yesterday on MTV Arabia I was watching a show called "The Shop" they were talking about MJ it was positive, maybe they will repeat it today so I might record that clip.

please give me a link after you have uploaded it to youtube.
thank you.

I read somewhere that it used to be cool to like Mike, but then it became uncool. And now it's cool again. Apparently it's cool now because being uncool, has become cool. So... ya know.... whatever. lol!

I read somewhere that it used to be cool to like Mike, but then it became uncool. And now it's cool again. Apparently it's cool now because being uncool, has become cool. So... ya know.... whatever. lol!
Well in my eyes loving Michael is the coolest thing a person could do. I don't care much about the scene and whats in or whats not, Michael is forever IN, in my eyes. And always will be!

Well in my eyes loving Michael is the coolest thing a person could do. I don't care much about the scene and whats in or whats not, Michael is forever IN, in my eyes. And always will be!
Indeed. Me too. But I think this thread is about people in general, not fans like us. We already know MJ's the coolest. :)

Young folks tend to be more inclined to be swayed by what the popular kids in school are liking. There's sort of a 'bandwagon' phenomenon. I'm generalizing here of course. But I think the bandwagon phenomenon can be a good thing. Michaelmania was a sort of bandwagon phenomenon. Young peeps are the ones who buy the most music, and who spread the news. They're the ones that make artists 'hit the heights' in terms of popularity. The phenomenon can also be bad, such as when haters happen to be the popular ones...

That said, in the long run, and either way, the phenomenon is only temporary. I think the important thing is the fact that MJ's art will live on and be appreciated by scads of people in the future. He's timeless. And with the advent of the net, waaay more people have access to MJ's performances, and people will continue to get blown away by them forever. :)

I remember these times, around 2008… there really was change in the air. And then one day, from a clear blue sky, came that god awful HBO “documentary”. It was like getting punched in the guts real good.

Yet, what and where would we be without hope? And I do believe the changing winds are blowing anew. Somehow, I like to imagine, people didn’t buy HBO’s claptrap. Or maybe they did, but something was telling them something was off, whether subconsciously or not. The people of the world have begun to wake up. (I almost wanted to say “thanks to Trump”, but let’s not go there, though) I do think the ‘fake news’ mantra has made a decent splash, and my hope is for it to have had enough impact to make a real change in the coming decades.

As always, my hope is for truth and love to prevail.

I’m still very negative about it all. The allegations have nestled in people’s brains like a tumor, it leaves a sour taste and question marks forever and a day.

I’m curious next week. There is a celebrity in Belgium on a road trip in the USA, he is know as a massive MJ fan and he will be posing in front of the Neverland gate. I already wonder how the allegations will be addressed this time by the program makers.
I can’t speak for other countries but in Belgium you cannot praise MJ as an artist anymore without needing to add “despite the allegations”.

I’m still very negative about it all. The allegations have nestled in people’s brains like a tumor, it leaves a sour taste and question marks forever and a day.
I'm cautiously optimistic but my default position is mostly still negative. Maybe it would be more accurate to say I'm *trying* to be a little bit more hopeful around all of this.

Just this weekend the Sunday Times did a piece on Madonna. New music on the way, possibly another tour. Janet was mentioned along with Superbowl incident. Prince was referenced. And Michael but he was accompanied by the usual mention of the tv programme and the allegations. Mentioned very briefly but still there and with strong language.

I am very negative as well tbh. I do feel the general public is pretty two-sided about MJ but basically he is cancelled in the media. There are so many instances with documentaries, tv shows and radio where you would expect MJ to be mentioned but instead they flatout ignore him

I am very negative as well tbh. I do feel the general public is pretty two-sided about MJ but basically he is cancelled in the media. There are so many instances with documentaries, tv shows and radio where you would expect MJ to be mentioned but instead they flatout ignore him
This is basically it. I just know, if 1993 / 2005 / LN hadn't happened, there'd be so many natural references to Michael. Not just proper articles like the Madonna one I mentioned but also just passing references. He doesn't get that or he does (sometimes) but the allegations / the tv programme will always get mentioned. It might be low-key nowadays but it still represents an ever-present drip-drip.

Michael has not been for the 'media' since he ran the show and took over the whole world in 1983. Far too powerful.

Michael has always been for the people, and that'll never change. It's why Thriller is one of the biggest selling albums last year, MJ the Musical is an absolute blockbuster smash & One continues to run so strong. That's the real truth, not chronically online idiots who are vocal.

If the constant attempts had worked, the Musical wouldn't be a success, One wouldn't be selling out and Thriller would've stopped selling years ago.

Hell, even my little brother said that his teacher put on The Experience (Wii game) videos on YouTube for the class and everyone was dancing (age 10).

MJ is the people's champ & always will be.

There definitely is sort of a cancel attempt by the media. I see it on the countries biggest radio station. They regularly do a weekend where they showcase and talk about great artists. For example they do a George Michael or Abba weekend. All the big guns appeared in the last 2 years, except Michael. I can't put it in numbers but I do have the feeling his airplay in Belgium has reduced a bit.

It is true that a lot of fans are still vocal (for example the celebrity I talked about in my former post, I heard him support Michael on tv or radio twice since 2019) but the program makers are reluctant. At least in Belgian media I have not seen any mention of the success of the musical show, nor were there any new songs played from T40 on the radio.

If you ask me it is the fans and the Estate that are keeping his name alive and this has to continue until there is a turnaround. I believe a turnaround is still possible IF our national media allow the positive documentaries to air.

Michael has not been for the 'media' since he ran the show and took over the whole world in 1983. Far too powerful.

Michael has always been for the people, and that'll never change. It's why Thriller is one of the biggest selling albums last year, MJ the Musical is an absolute blockbuster smash & One continues to run so strong. That's the real truth, not chronically online idiots who are vocal.

If the constant attempts had worked, the Musical wouldn't be a success, One wouldn't be selling out and Thriller would've stopped selling years ago.

Hell, even my little brother said that his teacher put on The Experience (Wii game) videos on YouTube for the class and everyone was dancing (age 10).

MJ is the people's champ & always will be.
This is the key point. MJ has been the people's icon for decades. The media said that MJ came out to Boos in 2006 at an award show.

That award show:

The media was MJs enemy, and they are all too often the people's enemy as well. Propaganda in motion.

Last edited:
Back