I have the feeling TII might leak out..

cool what is a blu-ray is?

Blu-Ray is the new more modern DVD. Much higher capacity - so the picture is MUCH better than DVD and especially the sound is increased quality!

Blu-ray ROCKS!

MJ on Blu-Ray - I can't wait!! :punk:

out of curiosity,i might or might not watch it.my decisions vary with my level of patience,at the moment,i think i can still wait.haha

me and my *non-mj fan family will be watching it with me. It's their pressie to me.........so 4 of us will be watching it at the movies.

*still gonna convert. They like mj, just not addicted. like me.

I made a bet with them today, that it's going to be the best box office hit ever! Beating Dark Knight.......my prediction.

I thought that too, but it seems they really are plugging the fact that this is only for two weeks. In the trailer it's mentioned twice, at two different parts... I'm not so sure they will extend it, and if they do, it won't be for much longer than that run I woulda thought.

MJ: These will be my final shows

...couple months later...

MJ: lol jk I'm gonna do more after this

Sony is probably doing the same thing. Getting people in the doors asap, getting more money, and more people wanting to see it, like MJ did at the press conference.

MJ: These will be my final shows

...couple months later...

MJ: lol jk I'm gonna do more after this

Sony is probably doing the same thing. Getting people in the doors asap, getting more money, and more people wanting to see it, like MJ did at the press conference.

In fairness, when MJ said "These will be my final show performances in London," he genuinely thought it would be just 10, and he actually didnt specify how many at the time so what he said still kinda stands.

Sony, well however less credible than the King of Pop, want to maximize revenue alright. If they extend the time, it will be for no more than another 2 weeks to drive up demand for the DVD and Blu-Ray release where the real money in a project like this is made. They won't release the DVD/Blu-ray while the movie is still in theatres so when you look at the time gap they have (the WONT miss the Xmas market) they can't extend it much longer even if they wanted. I think it will be just for two weeks... then a few weeks with trailers like "Did you miss This Is It in theatres?" and "Do you want more This Is It?" will build to the DVD/B-R launch. :D

me and my *non-mj fan family will be watching it with me. It's their pressie to me.........so 4 of us will be watching it at the movies.

*still gonna convert. They like mj, just not addicted. like me.

I made a bet with them today, that it's going to be the best box office hit ever! Beating Dark Knight.......my prediction.

Uh, not a wise bet, but if it does happen, I'll kiss your feet, haha. :D I hope your family converts though!

Maybe it will leak, but I don't think that will hurt it; Wolverine leaked and still made its estimated 80-million opening weekend.

And no, I wouldn't watch it leaked; quality-wise, it would be a disservice to the audio and visual of what I want to experience in the best-possible quality.

I hope it doesn't leak out, but if it does, I believe it won't hurt the film's performance at the box office. I'm confident it'll surpass the "two week engagement" period and it'll be a hit at the box office. As for the official DVD, I hope it features alot of extras such as song rehearsals, dance rehearsals and other footage exclusive to DVD. That way, the official DVD will have many features a pirated version wouldn't have and sales would recover any loss.

Watching it on the theater will be the closest I will get to see MJ perform in concert.

We know that they are going to release this on dvd for christmas.

I think that they are deliberatley misleading people into thinking the cinema release is the only chance they have to see "this is it". Hence the early bookings,"limited screening",cinemas not having much info...Its almost like its a game to them,and they are toying with fans.

Im exited for it,but just wished they wouldnt make it so complicated,tickets go on sale in just over a week and we dont even know how we get them?

yea i cant find any answers looking through these threads, im still confused, i dont understand the sale of tickets in september when it plays in october. why cant we buy the tickets at the theater when we go see it on that day? can you buy it at the movie theater or only online. why are they trying to handle this like a concert, when its not a concert anymore, its movie now...errr.
or the prices!!!

Back