Iconic artist PRINCE passes away at age 57

Re: The Singer PRINCE died????

Let Prince fans express there emotions.. The fact is no matter how big or small someone is to you.. or me... to that person if that person is the world... that person is the WORLD to them! let them have that moment....

2016 is turning out to be a real evil year. And we're only four months into it

What saddend me more is that Prince and Michael were clean living, never got fat, not drunk (Beyond a few glasses here and there), never smoked never did any major drugs (Okay Prince tried ectstacy once in 1987 and MJ had sleeping pills and painkillers near the end), but both were vegans took care of themselves and their reward was death in their 50s, early to middle age in todays life, yet some of the nastiest people I know are in the 80s and 90s and still alive and kicking. What is wrong with this world.

Maybe is this obsession with healthy living, vegetables, teetotalling and being a vegan thats doing it. Because I know many overweight, meat eating, heavy drinking guys who are still full of beans in their late 70s. Even I can admit that Prince looked very frail in the end, and was a very skinny man who hardly ever ate and slept. Dying in your 50s is way too young, yet I bet a big overweight guy like Meatloaf will make his 80s and look at the drug addled Stones, still alive and kicking in their mid 70s. How isit vegan Prince dies at 57, but drug addled Keith Richards is still kicking at 72 and does not look he has aged much since his late 40s?

Sorry I have to ask. I am entereing stage 2 of mourning - Anger (Sorry) because I feel the health czars and the fat shaming kick is wrong, people follow their rules and die young.

What saddend me more is that Prince and Michael were clean living, never got fat, not drunk (Beyond a few glasses here and there), never smoked never did any major drugs (Okay Prince tried ectstacy once in 1987 and MJ had sleeping pills and painkillers near the end), but both were vegans took care of themselves and their reward was death in their 50s, early to middle age in todays life, yet some of the nastiest people I know are in the 80s and 90s and still alive and kicking. What is wrong with this world.

Maybe is this obsession with healthy living, vegetables, teetotalling and being a vegan thats doing it. Because I know many overweight, meat eating, heavy drinking guys who are still full of beans in their late 70s. Even I can admit that Prince looked very frail in the end, and was a very skinny man who hardly ever ate and slept. Dying in your 50s is way too young, yet I bet a big overweight guy like Meatloaf will make his 80s and look at the drug addled Stones, still alive and kicking in their mid 70s. How isit vegan Prince dies at 57, but drug addled Keith Richards is still kicking at 72 and does not look he has aged much since his late 40s?

Sorry I have to ask. I am entereing stage 2 of mourning - Anger (Sorry) because I feel the health czars and the fat shaming kick is wrong, people follow their rules and die young.

It's okay my friend. I share your anger and frustration. I am just at loss for words right now. It's unbelievable

I posted this in another Prince memorial thread, so I will post it here as well.

The saddest possible news, this is the only one so far, except for ones in the MJ part and the Prince fans thread here, where several of us have posted, but let us keep this as a memorial thread. It is a very sad in music and my life. 2016 is the cruelest year for the reaper, after the death of David Bowie also back in early Jnauary. I am very upset, but you know I can't do much here except play Prince's legendary output and remember the memories of the man and his power.

He died young and beautiful, never having to know the demon and aging and losing his looks, Prince would have liked that. He died at the height of his powers when his audience still loved him. Prince would have liked that and it seems his demise was sudden, a flu on April 7th, Hospitalisation on the 11th and now this. I hope he did not suffer, and I hope he finds heaven and peace amongst the angels. Even more importantly I hope he reunites with Michael Jackson who has saved a place.

Honestly for many of us April 21st 2016 (April 22nd Kiwi time) and June 25 2009 (June 26 Kiwi time) will be etched in our minds as some of the saddest days in our life.

And please guys keep this thread positive, no nasty messages, trolling or lines like MJ was better, and MJ was more missed than rince, it's not a contest it is a place to share our memories of the man, music and myth of Prince Rogers Nelson.

I was particularly fortunate and blessed to see him in concert only 2 months ago and looking at him then, play his heart out and play my favourite song in the whole world to me, was a treat. I am blessed I saw 3 concerts of him in my life and was a fan for the last quarter century of his life. Prince was musical and stalwart to the end, he had just played a series of Piano and Microphone concerts at Paisley Park, Australia, NZ and the USA and was still recording a live album and Hitnrun Phase 3. Now we can look orward to posthumous releases.

Unlike Michael, Prince leaves no issue and merely his younger sister and some half siblings, Prince's parents died in 2001 and 2002, and his only son died after having his life support switched off after 10 days in 1996.

RIP PRINCE ROGERS NELSON - JUNE 7 1958 - OBIT APRIL 21 2016 - REQUESIAT EN PAIX.......

And I think all you guys kind of know how I feel about Prince. This is sad and still sinking in.

I'm sorry...I don't know what you mean, when you say, unlike Michael, Prince leaves no issue?

Let Prince fans express there emotions.. The fact is no matter how big or small someone is to you.. or me... to that person if that person is the world... that person is the WORLD to them! let them have that moment....

^^^^
This 100%

On an off note I just read that Justin Bieber said some mess about Prince, and now I want to drag him for filth, but I don't use social media.
He needs to shut his dumb non talented self up.
Prince wouldn't have let Justin Bieber shine his shoes.

Rant over.
I just had to get that out.

His spirit, the way he looked.... I just assumed he'd be around for a couple more decades!!

That business really takes a toll on people

On an off note I just read that Justin Bieber said some mess about Prince, and now I want to drag him for filth, but I don't use social media.
He needs to shut his dumb non talented self up.
Prince wouldn't have let Justin Bieber shine his shoes.

Rant over.
I just had to get that out.

Someone called Prince the last of the greatest living performers. Bieber commented on the post "Well not the last greatest living performer". That's it, hardly talking mess tbh (and as incredible as Prince is on stage, I'm with Bieber on this one).

Someone called Prince the last of the greatest living performers. Bieber commented on the post "Well not the last greatest living performer". That's it, hardly talking mess tbh (and as incredible as Prince is on stage, I'm with Bieber on this one).

Why did he feel the need to say it right now though?

No matter how you look at it, it still didn't need to be said.
I'm not a Prince fan by any stretch of the imagination but what he said is just not okay. :no:
Even if you don't think Prince is the last great performer there's no need to be a gadfly and voice that opinion right now.

This should make people want to grab onto and make a big deal about some remaining legends that are still living..like Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder...etc.

Last edited:

I never really got into his music, but I knew he was talented and definitely a memorable icon in the music industry. RIP Prince. I bet he's jamming with Michael right now. :rip:

I bet he's jamming with Michael right now. :rip:

I'm sure he is.

I legit have no idea why people are insisting on making Prince's death About MJ though.
I read somewhere that Prince AND Michael Jackson are trending on twitter.
When MJ died people didn't make it about anyone else. :no:
Despite what many people apparently think, it is possible to praise Prince without shading or measuring him up against MJ.

Last edited:

So sad ... :cry:

RIP Prince. ? #1958
Rest in peace you big talent!

13063258_1132011223487586_3632978710696509946_o.jpg

Apparently he's been ill for a while. He had to make an emergency landing to go to the hospital a few days ago. I've read that he was battling pneumonia or the flu but I don't want to speculate about the cause of death too much. This is truly sad, another icon taken from us :(

pneumonia is a bitch. That's how I lost my mother. She became septic and it spread through her body like a wild fire. If that's the cause of Prince's death, what a crappy way to go.

Everyone here in Minnesota where Prince is from, is in complete shock. Someone interviewed on one of the TV stations in the Twin Cities compared it to how New York City reacted when John Lennon died. Lots of sadness throughout the state of Minnesota....and the world for that matter.

How fitting is this? The day Prince died, it's been raining all day in the entire state of Minnesota..

Purple Rain will no doubt be played alot in the next several days. Rest in peace Prince! :(

I'm sorry...I don't know what you mean, when you say, unlike Michael, Prince leaves no issue?

Issue meaning children, grandchildren, old fashioned term. MJ left the 3 kids, Prince had none.

VH1 is running Prince videos in tribute and MTV is running "Purple Rain" now.

OMG OMG OMG
I JUST CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS.....

NO MORE MUSIC.
PrinceDiscography-1.jpg

c610823502f4baae99ce32d3924744d3.jpg

Prince%26Mike%2B6%2B2%2B3.jpg

mj-vs-prince.jpg

PrinceAndMJ.jpg

Please if there are any beautiful things aired on television that anyone catches and/or rare/unique things shown anywhere.. share them!

I've been watching something on the CENTRIC channel since about 6 p.m. Its still on. Truly some amazing stuff.
He's performing Insatiable right now. Awesome!

I was at work around 12 pm when we heard. Total shock.
I saw on TV last week about his plane making an emergency landing in Illinois where he was then rushed to
the hospital with flu like symptoms. But it is said that he still performed the next night.

I love his music.
Musical genius....icon. Prince Rogers Nelson. Gone too soon.
Rest in peace Prince. Gone but you will never be forgotten.

I posted this in another Prince memorial thread, so I will post it here as well.

The saddest possible news, this is the only one so far, except for ones in the MJ part and the Prince fans thread here, where several of us have posted, but let us keep this as a memorial thread. It is a very sad in music and my life. 2016 is the cruelest year for the reaper, after the death of David Bowie also back in early Jnauary. I am very upset, but you know I can't do much here except play Prince's legendary output and remember the memories of the man and his power.

He died young and beautiful, never having to know the demon and aging and losing his looks, Prince would have liked that. He died at the height of his powers when his audience still loved him. Prince would have liked that and it seems his demise was sudden, a flu on April 7th, Hospitalisation on the 11th and now this. I hope he did not suffer, and I hope he finds heaven and peace amongst the angels. Even more importantly I hope he reunites with Michael Jackson who has saved a place.

Honestly for many of us April 21st 2016 (April 22nd Kiwi time) and June 25 2009 (June 26 Kiwi time) will be etched in our minds as some of the saddest days in our life.

And please guys keep this thread positive, no nasty messages, trolling or lines like MJ was better, and MJ was more missed than rince, it's not a contest it is a place to share our memories of the man, music and myth of Prince Rogers Nelson.

I was particularly fortunate and blessed to see him in concert only 2 months ago and looking at him then, play his heart out and play my favourite song in the whole world to me, was a treat. I am blessed I saw 3 concerts of him in my life and was a fan for the last quarter century of his life. Prince was musical and stalwart to the end, he had just played a series of Piano and Microphone concerts at Paisley Park, Australia, NZ and the USA and was still recording a live album and Hitnrun Phase 3. Now we can look orward to posthumous releases.

Unlike Michael, Prince leaves no issue and merely his younger sister and some half siblings, Prince's parents died in 2001 and 2002, and his only son died after having his life support switched off after 10 days in 1996.

RIP PRINCE ROGERS NELSON - JUNE 7 1958 - OBIT APRIL 21 2016 - REQUESIAT EN PAIX.......

And I think all you guys kind of know how I feel about Prince. This is sad and still sinking in.
:better: hey man, I have to admit when I saw the news (I saw it on here first), the first person I thought of was you. as you say, we all know how you feel about Prince, and I immediately felt bad for you. I know you are not his only fan on here, but no one express their love for him the way you do, and it has apparently left an impression on me, as this was how I felt

911 call: 'Yes, it's Prince'

POSTED:APR 21 2016 07:19PM CDT
UPDATED:APR 21 2016 07:51PM CDT

CHANHASSEN, Minn. (KMSP) - The Carver County sheriff’s office has released the transcript of the 911 call that was placed when Prince was found unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park estate in Chanhassen, Minnesota. First responders attempted CPR, but Prince was pronounced dead at the scene. He was 57.

The call was placed at 9:43 a.m., and Prince was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m. An autopsy will be performed by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office on Friday to determine the cause of death.

http://www.fox9.com/news/128957263-story

Why did he feel the need to say it right now though?

No matter how you look at it, it still didn't need to be said.
I'm not a Prince fan by any stretch of the imagination but what he said is just not okay. :no:
Even if you don't think Prince is the last great performer there's no need to be a gadfly and voice that opinion right now.

To be frank, I don't think either comment had to be said. I get people are mourning, but there's paying tribute to one of music's most respected legends and then there's just going too far and overstating.

----

It was interesting. I was going to go see Prince about two months ago when he came to New Zealand, my friends and I couldn't name more than a few songs by him and we wanted to see what made him so great. We didn't go though because it turned out to be just him and a piano or something, rather than the whole act. I don't regret it at all because ya know, I wanted to see the whole thing, not a stripped back version but still, crazy.

Regardless, on my way home I opened up the greatest hits on my phone and cranked up the stereo. Hopefully his Estate will quickly get his music onto Spotify and other streaming services so that a lot of people my age can see why you older folk love him so much.

To be frank, I don't think either comment had to be said. I get people are mourning, but there's paying tribute to one of music's most respected legends and then there's just going too far and overstating.

----

It was interesting. I was going to go see Prince about two months ago when he came to New Zealand, my friends and I couldn't name more than a few songs by him and we wanted to see what made him so great. We didn't go though because it turned out to be just him and a piano or something, rather than the whole act. I don't regret it at all because ya know, I wanted to see the whole thing, not a stripped back version but still, crazy.

Regardless, on my way home I opened up the greatest hits on my phone and cranked up the stereo. Hopefully his Estate will quickly get his music onto Spotify and other streaming services so that a lot of people my age can see why you older folk love him so much.

Hmm, I suppose your somewhat right, I've seen many articles belittling Michael and praising Prince by overstating Prince's accomplishments, impact, and influence, which I don't like (because overall MJ is the more accomplished and influential one out of the two), but I still think that Bieber should've kept his opinion to himself.

Additionally, not that there's anything wrong with being older, but I'm actually quite young, it's just obvious that when it comes to talent level that Bieber is MUCH lower on the pecking order then Prince so he should show respect. :yes:

Lastly, I think they should get his music on streaming and YouTube too, but if it wasn't what Prince wanted while he was alive I don't imagine his estate doing it after he's passed (no matter how good of an idea it is).

Last edited:

So very, very sad. My daughter is in the music industry, in Minneapolis. She's a pro DJ. She owes so much to him. He mentored others, and my daughter's mentor had been helped by Prince. He payed it forward. and so she will do. My DJ daughter would not be as successful as she is, without Prince. We are all grieving tonight.

Here's a cool video of Prince helping give tribute to George Harrison!

Hmm, I suppose your somewhat right, I've seen many articles belittling Michael and praising Prince by overstating Prince's accomplishments, impact, and influence, which I don't like (because overall MJ is the more accomplished and influential one out of the two), but I still think that Bieber should've kept his opinion to himself.

I mean, it's not a competition thing for me (and honestly, people downplaying Michael's achievements has nothing to do with this). The sort of comment that Bieber responded to originally is just over the top for any one artist and if someone said it about Michael back in June 2009, my response would be the same as it was today with Prince. There are still many incredible living performers out there.

And yes, hopefully his estate relaxes their grip on streaming services. I feel by not doing so, it could potentially be harmful to Prince's legacy.

Back