IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Discussion]

Re: IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Around" bonus track [Count Down]

It wasn't what I expected but that's actually really good, just shows how diverse of an artist Michael is. So happy to hear this new type of song from him, I honestly have no idea how to describe it, it's funky and makes me want to have a dance party but is slow and jazzy at the same time. Really good track!

Agree ... "ba ba baaaaa ba babaaaaa baaa"

Just came home from work and a friend of mine gave me the song. It's really cool. A little unusual at first but it's catchy and not to forget it's "just" a Demo. But it's a great demo. I like it very much.
In some German Fan Communitys the fans are just complaining and it really sucks. It isn't what they wanted it to be and so they complain and complain aaaand complain. And somehow I don't know what's wrong with those fans. I mean, when "Michael" came out they complained because other producers "finished" Michaels songs and they all wanted demos instead of the finished versions. Now they get a demo (and it's only logical that it isn't a worldwide hit but an unfinished song) and now they are complaining because it is...lol...unfinished.

In some German Fan Communitys the fans are just complaining and it really sucks. It isn't what they wanted it to be and so they complain and complain aaaand complain. .

What German community do you mean? The most things I read in German forums are very poitive about the song.

just came home from work and a friend of mine gave me the song. It's really cool. A little unusual at first but it's catchy and not to forget it's "just" a demo. But it's a great demo. I like it very much.
In some german fan communitys the fans are just complaining and it really sucks. It isn't what they wanted it to be and so they complain and complain aaaand complain. And somehow i don't know what's wrong with those fans. I mean, when "michael" came out they complained because other producers "finished" michaels songs and they all wanted demos instead of the finished versions. Now they get a demo (and it's only logical that it isn't a worldwide hit but an unfinished song) and now they are complaining because it is...lol...unfinished.

omg! Smh

What German community do you mean? The most things I read in German forums are very poitive about the song.

Exactly - as I am also reading in german forums, the overall feeling 'bout the song is very positive.
Maybe we can just be glad that we get new music from Mike...

Yes it is really a wrong info from Lady Michael. In 3 german forum MJ-net, MJJackson-forever and Malibu-Forum you can`t read such negative things, the opposite.

I read the Malibu forum and haven't seen anything negative.

Just came home from work and a friend of mine gave me the song. It's really cool. A little unusual at first but it's catchy and not to forget it's "just" a Demo. But it's a great demo. I like it very much.
In some German Fan Communitys the fans are just complaining and it really sucks. It isn't what they wanted it to be and so they complain and complain aaaand complain. And somehow I don't know what's wrong with those fans. I mean, when "Michael" came out they complained because other producers "finished" Michaels songs and they all wanted demos instead of the finished versions. Now they get a demo (and it's only logical that it isn't a worldwide hit but an unfinished song) and now they are complaining because it is...lol...unfinished.

Some people just cant be satisfied regardless of what happens, they got what they want and then ask for more and are ungrateful,

I don't know if I should listen to this yet or wait until I get my copy! Oh, decisions, decisions! :bugeyed

I love it! It's a great song, very funky, and Michael's voice is so fresh and charming. A great release, I'm very happy.

Excited to hear what other unreleased songs will be on Bad 25.

Some people just cant be satisfied regardless of what happens, they got what they want and then ask for more and are ungrateful,
It's a rough sketch, like the beginning of a painting. Just the early basic of the song. I don't see how that can be disappointing to someone..
think_smiley_46.gif

It's a rough sketch, like the beginning of a painting. Just the early basic of the song. I don't see how that can be disappointing to someone..
think_smiley_46.gif

It's not "a rough sketch". I think it's a full demo without the bridge. He wrote the song for the Thriller album, that was probably a rough sketch. Billie Jean home demo or Beat It demo, those are rough sketches. This is a complete demo from 1987. It is as complete as We Are the World (Demo) or P.Y.T (Demo) from the Ultimate Collection.

It's not "a rough sketch". I think it's a full demo without the bridge. He wrote the song for the Thriller album, that was probably a rough sketch. Billie Jean home demo or Beat It demo, those are rough sketches. This is a complete demo from 1987. It is as complete as We Are the World (Demo) or Fall Again (Demo) from the Ultimate Collection.
Yes, not finished at all. That's what I mean and it's how the song sounds to me.

Yes, not finished at all.

Of course it is not finished, but it not that rough that you described "rough sketch, like the beginning of a painting". It's more than that.

Of course it is not finished, but it not that rough that you described "rough sketch, like the beginning of a painting". It's more than that.
You can see where it's going, but not exactly what it's going to be. Mmmm..I regret comparing it with a painting, lol.

think_smiley_46.gif

Exactly, it is a demo. Then again the demos on The Ultimate Collection all were pretty complete so maybe people thought this one would be too.

That is a good summary XD I agree with you
Yeah, that's what I thought of too.....Street Walker with a splash of Love Never
Felt So Good.

The way Bruce Swedien described the song, I really got hyped. (puts on my 1987 Bad cap )
It ain't mesmerizing but it's a good demo.
Heck, it's MJ, so that works for me.

Ok, this song is really nice. I especially like that electric drum sequence that plays at the very beginning. Heck, this is about the 5th time I'm listening to whole song. lol. I love hearing Michael's demos and one has to wonder how this would have sounded if it had made it to the final album.

The reason people complained about "Michael" wasn't simply because other producers finished the material.

It is what it is, it's a demo, it's good but it can't be as good as a finished song.

It's a nice demo tho, I'd like to hear a final version if there is.

There is still so much great material, and finished, that could be released. There's definitely one more album of material.

I really really like DBMA!!

It has a great feel to it!

I have only heard it on YT and soundscan - so if someone has a super great quality link - please PM. :)

So wonderful to hear new stuff - Thanks SONY and Estate for releasing this great demo.

I'm hearing it just now.

I dunno about you guys, but there is something very, very special about this song. I can not put my finger on it...

I dunno about you guys, but there is something very, very special about this song. I can not put my finger on it...

awwww :wub:

I still haven't heard it yet...

I don't know what it is either, but you're right.

Back