IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Discussion]

Re: IJCSLY re-issue with "Don't Be Messin' Around" bonus track

kinda off topic but look to this

Swedian doesn't make it sound like there are tens of songs releasable from every album. To the contrary he makes it sound like there's only a few songs and they aren't even complete.

Yeah, we really got many sources telling different things about MJ's unreleased stuff.
But "one or two tracks per album" seems unrealistic. Maybe he means this in the sense of "there aren't many finished songs". Cause we already got more than two outtakes from nearly every album.

There are many songs from each album.

PLUS he made many songs that wasn't for an album. WHE fx.

There are many songs from each album.

PLUS he made many songs that wasn't for an album. WHE fx.

WHE was recorded in 1999, for INVINCIBLE. :p

The MJ Estate registered a lot of secured musical tracks with the US Copyright Office in 2009. However a lot of these registrations are actually older material and they all simply list "date of creation: 2009" which is when the registration was applied. They didn't register them with the correct years.

Some of these entries can be found here:
http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pw...B2VBAJ9srihBaOCQ6tXa0vAz&BROWSE=1&HC=20&SID=4

Yes, I know that. But they credited Michael Jackson, Brad Buxer & Michael Durham Prince as writers. And MJ started working with Brad in 1989 and with Durham Prince in late '90. And he actually worked with both of them in 2008. That's why I think Michael re-visited that track again in 2008.

Don't Be Messin'.
Type of Work: Entry not found.
Registration Number / Date: SRu000935217 / 2010-01-13
Application Title: Don’t Be Messin’.
Title: Don’t Be Messin’.
Description: Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant: Bradley Buxer. Address: 553 Summit Oaks Ct., Nashville, TN, 37221, United States.
Michael Durham Prince. Address: 30402 Vineyard Lane, Santa Clarita, CA, 91384, United States.
The Estate of Michael J. Jackson, Transfer: by will. Address: c/o Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, United States.
Date of Creation: 2009
Authorship on Application: Michael Durham Prince; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, production.
Bradley Buxer; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production.
Michael J. Jackson, -2009; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: performance, production.
Rights and Permissions: Songwriters Guild of America, 209 10th Avenue South, Suite 321, Nashville, TN, 37203, United States, (615) 742-9945, sfein@songwritersguild.com
Copyright Note: C.O. correspondence.

Names: Prince, Michael Durham
Buxer, Bradley
Jackson, Michael J., -2009
Prince, Michael Durham
The Estate of Michael J. Jackson

Yes, I know that. But they credited Michael Jackson, Brad Buxer & Michael Durham Prince as writers. And MJ started working with Brad in 1989 and with Durham Prince in late '90. And he actually worked with both of them in 2008. That's why I think Michael re-visited that track again in 2008.

The thing is since MJ is not here to say who did what when...the estate will have to rely on those he worked on the songs with. One might claim to have written 50% of the songs, but who's gonna challenge him? MJ is not here to confirm or deny anything. That's one issue that will forever remain murky.

I don't think MJ worked with Bruce Swedien after that little scandal, so what he told the telegraph is based on an earlier version. Which makes me think the song was completed before Bruxer & Prince

The thing is since MJ is not here to say who did what when...the estate will have to rely on those he worked on the songs with. One might claim to have written 50% of the songs, but who's gonna challenge him? MJ is not here to confirm or deny anything. That's one issue that will forever remain murky.

I don't think MJ worked with Bruce Swedien after that little scandal, so what he told the telegraph is based on an earlier version. Which makes me think the song was completed before Bruxer & Prince

I'm not saying that Brad wrote 50% of the song. MJ wrote 99% of the song because the song was written way before MJ met Brad Buxer. But at some point MJ worked on the song with Brad and Michael Durham Prince. It is very possible that Michael wanted to include that song on the new album. Like he wanted to "finish" Scared of the Moon and Cheater in 2009. Or Hollywood Tonight in 2007-2008.

I'll hardly be able to contain myself to listen to this. Please release in the U.S.! :D

If Michael recorded more than one version, I hope we'll still get to hear him play the piano!

And I hope we'll get the intro of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" this time!

I don't think there will be too many previously unreleased songs included in any potential Bad 25 releases. There is really only enough for one more full album, and that's including the numerous songs that have been leaked in the last 18 months.

I'd like to hope we have a few more tracks out there, at 100N Carolwood we saw the list, we only have 3 of them, how about the others?

I'd like to hope we have a few more tracks out there, at 100N Carolwood we saw the list, we only have 3 of them, how about the others?

A few of them were songs that had already been released.

I don't think there will be too many previously unreleased songs included in any potential Bad 25 releases. There is really only enough for one more full album, and that's including the numerous songs that have been leaked in the last 18 months.

If thats the case then i would love to hear some Demos, such as al capone, Chicago 1945, pyramid girl!

Really excited to have this new announcement, seems like they are really following traditional MJ for having the maxis outside of US (sadly) like the HIStory and Invincible maxi singles. I'll have to import this but I'm extremely happy its been announced.

What is your source? Are you talking just about 100% finished songs or all songs? There are around 100 unreleased songs in various stages of completion. Many sources confirmed that (For The Record book, Tommy Mottola, Michael Jackson many times: Mexico '93, London 2002...). I think you are wrong. Around 20 unreleased songs already leaked and that is enough for 2 albums. 6 will.i.am songs, songs that we don't know names yet like RedOne songs, 20+ songs registrated by the Estate in 2009 created with Neff-U, Brad Buxer & Michael Durham Prince. Bryan Loren confirmed that he recorded 20+ songs with MJ for Dangerous album...

What is your source? Are you talking just about 100% finished songs or all songs? There are around 100 unreleased songs in various stages of completion. Many sources confirmed that (For The Record book, Tommy Mottola, Michael Jackson many times: Mexico '93, London 2002...). I think you are wrong. Around 20 unreleased songs already leaked and that is enough for 2 albums. 6 will.i.am songs, songs that we don't know names yet like RedOne songs, 20+ songs registrated by the Estate in 2009 created with Neff-U, Brad Buxer & Michael Durham Prince. Bryan Loren confirmed that he recorded 20+ songs with MJ for Dangerous album...

I was talking about complete songs only.

This is just in Australia? I am confused here sorry.

For those people who are iffy about the single's release date already being leaked, the title and release date for the Immortal album was put on Amazon.com (US) days before the album was even announced.

Anyways, on topic, I CAN'T WAIT! :D

I was talking about complete songs only.

Oh, ok. That is maybe true, but I don't think so. I think there is around 30 more complete songs (I mean vocally complete like Blue Gangsta, Slave To The Rhythm, Love Never Felt So Good, Much Too Soon, Best Of Joy). I'm not talking about production and finishing. But for example Hollywood Tonight was 60-70% finished and we got an amazing song that became a hit. The most important thing for me is that MJ recorded vocals. I don't care if it's just a demo vocals like Hollywood Tonight and Behind the Mask or studio cuts like Escape & Blue Gangsta.

Oh, ok. That is maybe true, but I don't think so. I think there is around 30 more complete songs (I mean vocally complete like Blue Gangsta, Slave To The Rhythm, Love Never Felt So Good, Much Too Soon, Best Of Joy). I'm not talking about production and finishing. But for example Hollywood Tonight was 60-70% finished and we got an amazing song that became a hit. The most important thing for me is that MJ recorded vocals. I don't care if it's just a demo vocals like Hollywood Tonight and Behind the Mask or studio cuts like Escape & Blue Gangsta.

Oh yeah I meant totally complete with all music and everything. But vocally complete or nearly vocally complete then there are a lot more.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

I'm confused..."Don't Be Messin' Around" will be released only in Australia or will it be worldwide

So excited to know about the news but I'm confused as well! :woohoo: :scratch:

Another doubt, will be DBMA included on BAD 25th CD, Vynil as well or just the single?

Is it going to be released on iTunes? Only time will tell I guess....

I'd love to get a CD single of this, but I don't really think CD singles are released much in the USA anymore.

Pre ordered my copy from Sanity! Cant wait!!

Not gonna get too excited yet until official word from Sony & The Estate is brought forth. Def wanna hear "Don't Be Messin' Around" though. Been hearing good things about it for YEARS!

And hopefully if "IJCSLY" is re-released as a single, it's the ORIGINAL version with the spoken intro.

Honestly, I'm hoping they release Michael's solo version of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" as a bonus track. I know it's a one in a million chance, but it'd be fascinating. I've heard that Michael recorded it twice before Siedah stepped in via Quincy Jones.

Wait... why am I asking for more? We're getting a new song. Shutting up now:)

I'd love to get a CD single of this, but I don't really think CD singles are released much in the USA anymore.

They virtually don't. I've seen a few of them on the market recently, but not as often as back in the '90s. They'll probably make it available through Amazon US.

"Don't Be Messin Around" is being released as a B Side to the IJCSLU single.

I would prefer to have a new MJ track released as a standalone single, not hidden behind an old track that most fans already have on many different albums (BAD, HIStory, The Essential, Number Ones, King of Pop, Ultimate Collection).

So I have a question.

Which of these options to you prefer?

Would you prefer DBMA to be released:

a) In it's original state as left by MJ (i.e. probably not complete).
b) In a completed state (finished by the estate), similar to how MJ may have done it if he was around (suitable for adult radio like "This Is It" e.g. BBC Radio 2).
c) In a completed state, suitable for success on youth radio and in the charts (i.e. similar to Elvis "A Little Less Conversation" remix).

I would hope for something that can become a worldwide radio and singles chart hit like the Elvis song but I'm interested to here what you guys think.

Back