IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Discussion]

Re: IJCSLY re-issue with "Don't Be Messin' Around" bonus track

But why do they release a song from Thriller era on Bad 25 album? (I assume it is from Thriller era because they were planning to put in on Thriller 25 few years ago.) But actually they also released For All Time on Thriller 25 and that song sounds like Dangerous era to me. Doesn't make sense. :D

But at least we are getting something and we finally have something to look forward to! :)

We don't know for sure yet. According to this site, it may be possible that DBMA will be released in Australia only on the IJCSLY single.

http://mjdatabank.com/mjjnews/wordp...-cant-stop-loving-you-en-pre-commande-amazon/

ok I see...thank you so much for clarifying that for me...I guess we will just have to wait and see where this goes...dang...I am just so excited about this WHOLE Bad25 thing...."screams'....LOL

Sony did NOTHING. Michael didn't like the spoken intro and it was his request to replace some of the song with updated mixes.

Epic Records belonged to CBS at that time. Sony has NOTHING to do with this album.

Really? Didn't know that. Are you sure it was MJ himself who edited the track? If so I would love to see any source on this matter. I've always thought the intro got edited out after the horrible lies in 1993...

Sony did NOTHING. Michael didn't like the spoken intro and it was his request to replace some of the song with updated mixes.

Epic Records belonged to CBS at that time. Sony has NOTHING to do with this album.

Can you confirm that "Don't Be Messin'" will be included in the Maxi-singles not only in Australia?

i really don't mean to be paranoid but will they release the track(Don't be messing around) as MJ left it/??or they are gonna MESS it up and release it remixed??!!! i really don't wanna it remixed.....

i really don't mean to be paranoid but will they release the track(Don't be messing around) as MJ left it/??or they are gonna MESS it up and release it remixed??!!! i really don't wanna it remixed.....

It's a bonus track for an anniversary edition, of course it's gonna be untouched.

Michael worked on that song in 2008 with Brad Buxer so probably there are more versions of the song.

Can you confirm that "Don't Be Messin'" will be included in the Maxi-singles not only in Australia?

It's on all MAXI-CD singles (as far as I know).

The snippet that leaked online is from an earlier state.

The single is currently trending due to fans pre-ordering it.
Amazon Germany: "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (2012 re-issue) #378 in music

But why do they release a song from Thriller era on Bad 25 album? (I assume it is from Thriller era because they were planning to put in on Thriller 25 few years ago.) But actually they also released For All Time on Thriller 25 and that song sounds like Dangerous era to me. Doesn't make sense. :D

But at least we are getting something and we finally have something to look forward to! :)

Don't Be Messin' Around was written for the Thriller album but I think it was re-recorded in 1986 for the Bad album. For All Time was also written for Thriller album and then re-recorded during the Dangerous sessions.

I am SO excited about this! I've never, ever been one to buy singles of any kind (the only one I have is Scream). So I will be buying every single format of every single that will be released/re-released from this album :D

I've been listening to my Don't Be Messin' Around snippet forever now! Wanting more and more! :lol: :wild:

Last edited:

Michael worked on that song in 2008 with Brad Buxer so probably there are more versions of the song.

The MJ Estate registered a lot of secured musical tracks with the US Copyright Office in 2009. However a lot of these registrations are actually older material and they all simply list "date of creation: 2009" which is when the registration was applied. They didn't register them with the correct years.

Some of these entries can be found here:
http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pw...B2VBAJ9srihBaOCQ6tXa0vAz&BROWSE=1&HC=20&SID=4

there better be a wat for those of us in the usa to get the song though i suppect it w3will be on bad 25 as well at least i hope so

amazon updated all of their international sites with the 1987 cover of IJCSLY

51s1e8JzQVL.jpg

I have never been more excited that I live in Australia :lol:

if i would release this as a single, i would put the french, spanish and spanglish version also on it.
that would make much more sense. but hey, I'm not a PRO ^^

Last edited:

The MJ Estate registered a lot of secured musical tracks with the US Copyright Office in 2009. However a lot of these registrations are actually older material and they all simply list "date of creation: 2009" which is when the registration was applied. They didn't register them with the correct years.

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pw...B2VBAJ9srihBaOCQ6tXa0vAz&BROWSE=1&HC=20&SID=4

Mh, interesting. Brad Buxer is the only other musician mentioned besides MJ, and he is mentioned in all of these 20 registrations.

Wowwwww,Can't wait !!!!:smilerolleyes:

Finally some good news! :clap:

For All Time was also written for Thriller album and then re-recorded during the Dangerous sessions.

Yeah, I wish "For All Time" or "Someone Put your Hand Out" would have been included on "Dangerous"... That album's got everything except a classic MJ love song. Maybe on "Dangerous 25"?

''Bruce Swedien, explains that an unreleased ballad entitled "Don't Be Messin' Around" by Michael Jackson could rank as his greatest ever work. Millions of fans need to wait for the approval of the Estate before hearing this solo performance which Swedien describe...s as "mesmerizing". There is another surprise for the fans concerning the unreleased track. Michael has? a solo piano performance on it! According to Swedien, "It's just beautiful... Oh my God, there's nothing like it." '' so its real

Not to be a Debbie-Downer but until we get an official press release I'm not holding my breath too much.

After all, Rolling stone has reported TWICE about it coming out and it didn't:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-releasing-thriller-avoiding-bahrain-20071018

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-new-michael-jackson-album-in-november-20100730

We don't know for sure yet. According to this site, it may be possible that DBMA will be released in Australia only on the IJCSLY single.

http://mjdatabank.com/mjjnews/wordp...-cant-stop-loving-you-en-pre-commande-amazon/

It's on all MAXI-CD singles (as far as I know).

The snippet that leaked online is from an earlier state.

The single is currently trending due to fans pre-ordering it.
Amazon Germany: "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (2012 re-issue) #378 in music

Don't Be Messin' Around was written for the Thriller album but I think it was re-recorded in 1986 for the Bad album. For All Time was also written for Thriller album and then re-recorded during the Dangerous sessions.

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Author&SA=Michael%20Jackson%20Estate&PID=7LAB2VBAJ9srihBaOCQ6tXa0vAz&BROWSE=1&HC=20&SID=4

amazon updated all of their international sites with the 1987 cover of IJCSLY

51s1e8JzQVL.jpg

Finally some good news! :clap:

And this treasure trove of information is exactly why I love MJJC.
I am in the camp that appreciates anything we can get.
Enough nitpicking, enjoy!

Bruce Swedien revealed the singer had completed a powerful track entitled Don't Be Messin' Around.

Featuring what was described as a mesmerising solo performance, it is expected to be available to millions of fans once the terms of Jackson's estate are settled.

Mr Swedien said of the ballad: "Michael plays piano on it, and it's just beautiful." He added: "Oh my God, there's nothing like it." The possibility of new Jackson music has been one of the most hotly-debated topics since his death.

It has been reported that hundreds of tracks could be available to fans, including lyrics Jackson wrote during the build-up to his planned European tour.

But there has been no substantiation to the rumours until now.

Swedian added: "There might be one or two songs that didn't make it from each album. But they're not finished. There aren't vocals for everything."
The producer, who worked alongside Jackson and Quincy Jones on such successful solo albums as Bad, Thriller, Off the Wall and Dangerous, is publishing a book based on his experiences with the singer.
In the Studio with Michael Jackson, published in the US on July 27, is expected to be a bestseller and is the first on the shelves since his death.
It will take an overwhelmingly positive tone towards Jackson, despite the fact he died owing the author half a million dollars.
Swedian told US journalist Roger Friedman: "I don't say anything bad about Michael in my book; it's nothing but good stuff."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...s-unreleased-song-his-greatest-ever-work.html

Bruce Swedien - 'Oh my God, there's nothing like it'....Anyone else have that constantly running through their head? I cannot wait to hear this :D

kinda off topic but look to this

Swedian added: "There might be one or two songs that didn't make it from each album. But they're not finished. There aren't vocals for everything."

Swedian doesn't make it sound like there are tens of songs releasable from every album. To the contrary he makes it sound like there's only a few songs and they aren't even complete.

It will be big if we help the promotion :).

Exciting!!

Moonwalker.Fan;3634874 said:
Mr Swedien said of the ballad: "Michael plays piano on it, and it's just beautiful." He added: "Oh my God, there's nothing like it."

Can´t wait to hear this! :woohoo:

can't wait to buy this, this is great promotion for BAD 25 especially with the original 1987 cover.

Great news! But could it be another song with similar title? I mean could it be not that one mentioned by Swedien? I'm embarrassed a little 'cuz of that vary between titles.

kinda off topic but look to this

Swedian doesn't make it sound like there are tens of songs releasable from every album. To the contrary he makes it sound like there's only a few songs and they aren't even complete.

Well, according to bryan loren they recorded 20-30 songs that didnt end up on dangerous. Now how many was completely finished, i have no idea..

Back