IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Discussion]

Re: IJCSLY re-issue with "Don't Be Messin' Around" bonus track

"Don't Be Messin Around" is being released as a B Side to the IJCSLU single.

I would prefer to have a new MJ track released as a standalone single, not hidden behind an old track that most fans already have on many different albums (BAD, HIStory, The Essential, Number Ones, King of Pop, Ultimate Collection).

So I have a question.

Which of these options to you prefer?

Would you prefer DBMA to be released:

a) In it's original state as left by MJ (i.e. probably not complete).
b) In a completed state (finished by the estate), similar to how MJ may have done it if he was around (suitable for adult radio like "This Is It" e.g. BBC Radio 2).
c) In a completed state, suitable for success on youth radio and in the charts (i.e. similar to Elvis "A Little Less Conversation" remix).

I would hope for something that can become a worldwide radio and singles chart hit like the Elvis song but I'm interested to here what you guys think.

HMMM. Good question, from the little snippet we've heard, it doesnt sound like a song that would sound great remixed with some club hanger beat added so for that reason i'd go with option b) but c) would be nice in addition to b) if possible...

I can't wait !!!!

"Don't Be Messin Around" is being released as a B Side to the IJCSLU single.

I would prefer to have a new MJ track released as a standalone single, not hidden behind an old track that most fans already have on many different albums (BAD, HIStory, The Essential, Number Ones, King of Pop, Ultimate Collection).

So I have a question.

Which of these options to you prefer?

b) In a completed state (finished by the estate), similar to how MJ may have done it if he was around (suitable for adult radio like "This Is It" e.g. BBC Radio 2).
c) In a completed state, suitable for success on youth radio and in the charts (i.e. similar to Elvis "A Little Less Conversation" remix).

I would hope for something that can become a worldwide radio and singles chart hit like the Elvis song but I'm interested to here what you guys think.

I think a single should contain all of the above: the original unfinished demo, a completed version (preferably completed by people who worked with Michael at the time, like Quincy Jones and Bruce Swedien) and a remix or more remixes.

UNTOUCHED LIKE A VIRGIN, please.

I honestly don't care what they do with the song. They can remix it, finish it or whatever...

BUT... release the original version too. That way fans get the 'actual Michael Jackson song' and whoever wants some fancy/possibly murdered and destroyed song get that too.

Gimme the original version and I'll be happy, I don't care about the other finished or remixes versions as long as I get the original version.

I honestly don't care what they do with the song. They can remix it, finish it or whatever...

BUT... release the original version too. That way fans get the 'actual Michael Jackson song' and whoever wants some fancy/possibly murdered and destroyed song get that too.

Gimme the original version and I'll be happy, I don't care about the other finished or remixes versions as long as I get the original version.

Ditto.

They can pretty much do as they please as long as it is RESPECTFUL & within MJ's boundaries....And also, as long as they release the original/demo version the way MJ left it.

ohh...
I'm really looking forward to this song!!!! Can't Wait!!!

so is this happening in the UK too? none of my sites i use (amazon, play) have a release date for this. Im very impatient I want to pre order too! :D

I want it in its original state. I don't mind them finishing it, but if they do, then I want to hear the original as well, so I can know what comes from Michael and what was added without his approval. I'm still disappointed that we never got to hear the full version of the demo of "Another Day" that was leaked. It sounded better to me than the final version they put on the album.

Or finished by Quincy Jones.

After all the bullshit he said about Michael, I don't really want him to touch any of Michael's songs...

I want it in its original state. I don't mind them finishing it, but if they do, then I want to hear the original as well, so I can know what comes from Michael and what was added without his approval. I'm still disappointed that we never got to hear the full version of the demo of "Another Day" that was leaked. It sounded better to me than the final version they put on the album.

After all the bullshit he said about Michael, I don't really want him to touch any of Michael's songs...

He is an old douche but he knows music and he knows how to make great music. And after all it's all about the music in my opinion.

I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!!

If they re-release the album ( I think they will) would they include this song on it as well or it will be sold separately?

OMG!!!!!
kermit.gif

He is an old douche but he knows music and he knows how to make great music. And after all it's all about the music in my opinion.

Quincy Jones said he thought Billie Jean was too weak to be on the album, Michael had to fight for it. Quincy might have been a good producer when he worked with Michael, but I wouldn't trust him on his own...

And to me it's not just about music. I don't care how good an artist is, if he disrespects Michael, then he doesn't deserve to be involved and to make money from it. It's not like Quincy Jones is the only good producer in the world. I don't want the new songs to remind me of Quincy's backstabbing everytime I listen to them.

I dunno, i mean 10/20 years ago i'd have agreed, but he's really getting old now. This is nothing ageist or anything, but i doubt he'll have the spark he used to when he may well be going senile given his recent comments on Michael, and his producing doesn't look much better either, i wasn't exactly impressed with WATW 25, it was poorly produced, Quincy won't have been the recording engineer, but as producer he'll have been calling the shots, and well yeah, sounds professional in terms of audio quality which is a given in a studio like that, but the mix is almost amateur, which Quincy will have had huge influence over. Given that he's now even older, i just think he'll ruin it basically. We should learn from we are the world 25. I really dunno who i would have finishing the song, thats even assuming it's unfinished, it could well be finished, i'd maybe have Bruce involved but he himself may have lost his keen edge. Ideally i'd like them to be musically inclined, like a true musician, not just someone good with software who understands the art of music as well as production, and someone who either has worked with Michael, or has immense respect for his work and knows Michaels attitudes to his music, you don't have to have worked with him to be able to do this, you can get that vibe just from listening to all his collected works the kind of tricks he used to use, while every song was unique of Michaels there are still certain techniques he would use, they arn't easy to define you just kinda know, although you can never be sure. I reckon the song as a total guess will be close to finished anyway if he's worked on it so much, so perhaps none of this will be necessary.

I dunno, i mean 10/20 years ago i'd have agreed, but he's really getting old now. This is nothing ageist or anything, but i doubt he'll have the spark he used to when he may well be going senile given his recent comments on Michael, and his producing doesn't look much better either, i wasn't exactly impressed with WATW 25, it was poorly produced, Quincy won't have been the recording engineer, but as producer he'll have been calling the shots, and well yeah, sounds professional in terms of audio quality which is a given in a studio like that, but the mix is almost amateur, which Quincy will have had huge influence over. Given that he's now even older, i just think he'll ruin it basically. We should learn from we are the world 25. I really dunno who i would have finishing the song, thats even assuming it's unfinished, it could well be finished, i'd maybe have Bruce involved but he himself may have lost his keen edge. Ideally i'd like them to be musically inclined, like a true musician, not just someone good with software who understands the art of music as well as production, and someone who either has worked with Michael, or has immense respect for his work and knows Michaels attitudes to his music, you don't have to have worked with him to be able to do this, you can get that vibe just from listening to all his collected works the kind of tricks he used to use, while every song was unique of Michaels there are still certain techniques he would use, they arn't easy to define you just kinda know, although you can never be sure. I reckon the song as a total guess will be close to finished anyway if he's worked on it so much, so perhaps none of this will be necessary.

We Are The World 25 was co-produced by Quincy Jones. "The production team for the song included Humberto Gatica, RedOne, Mervyn Warren, Patti Austin and Rickey Minor. RedOne said that it took a week to create the new arrangement for "We Are The World 25 For Haiti". He commented that he wanted to keep the "class of the original one" and did not want to "mess it up, because it's too good." He noted that he wanted to make the song "sound more now and current" while keeping the originals "whole chord progressions, the feeling and the vibe, but brought fresher sounds that are more now."..."

Quincy Jones said he thought Billie Jean was too weak to be on the album, Michael had to fight for it. Quincy might have been a good producer when he worked with Michael, but I wouldn't trust him on his own...

And to me it's not just about music. I don't care how good an artist is, if he disrespects Michael, then he doesn't deserve to be involved and to make money from it. It's not like Quincy Jones is the only good producer in the world. I don't want the new songs to remind me of Quincy's backstabbing everytime I listen to them.

If the song is from Bad era I prefer Quincy over any other producer. For the Dangerous era I would like Teddy Riley production, HIStory era Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Invincible era Rodney Jerkins. I think it is better than some other producer like John McClain is finishing songs from all eras. And of course that demo versions or the last version that MJ left should be released along with that new version.

They should release 3 versions of DBMA:

1. Original track- no major changes to it...weather it's finished, partially finished, or not even close to finished. It's probably a bit dated so it probably could use some production done to it to clean it up. Release it as is so we can at least hear what MJ was going for.

2. Updated track- like Hollywood Tonight...just for the love of God don't add so much stuff to it, that it follows trends rather then sets them.

3. Remix- Even though I despise remixes, making a decent remix for the dance clubs, or radio airplay would be a smart choice.

speriamo che oltre a qualche canzone unreleased venga rilasciato anche un concerto del bad tour

Interestingly enough, Sanity have taken down the Pre Order option for the CD and have stated that pre orders can begin in late May. However I pre ordered mine a few days ago and it states "Awaiting Stock"

http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2210951

We Are The World 25 was co-produced by Quincy Jones. "The production team for the song included Humberto Gatica, RedOne, Mervyn Warren, Patti Austin and Rickey Minor. RedOne said that it took a week to create the new arrangement for "We Are The World 25 For Haiti". He commented that he wanted to keep the "class of the original one" and did not want to "mess it up, because it's too good." He noted that he wanted to make the song "sound more now and current" while keeping the originals "whole chord progressions, the feeling and the vibe, but brought fresher sounds that are more now."..."

Aha. Sorry, RedOne, but you failed at that mission.

I'll be extremely disappointed if this turns out to be a bunch of BS. I'm really looking forward to this.

I just pre-ordered the vinyl on Amazon.com I hope it has this new song too.

Just preordered both the vinyl and the CD single... I'm starting to get really excited!!

It's really cool that Bad 25 will start off the same way as Bad did all those years ago!! It is one cool song - from one cool CD!!

Can't wait really hope they release all the original singles in the order they came out with new tracks :)

For the Dangerous era I would like Teddy Riley production

THAT Teddy Riley died a long time ago. The Teddy Riley we have now is nothing compared to that old Teddy Riley. With that said I'l like Bill Bottrell to help with any potential future Dangerous anniversary release. People seem to forget he was also one of the geniuses that made Dangerous the great album it is.

Black or White, Give In To Me, Dangerous and many other songs as well... need I say more?

He's probably the most underrated producer Michael worked with. Everybody seems to be focusing on Quincy Jones, the 90s Teddy Riley and the incredibly overrated Darkchild. Shame...

Back