Im REALLY scared, Please help

If someone does know your IP I highly doubt they'll be able to find out exactly where you live, they'll either find out what County you live in or just get it completely wrong.

I'm not sure how people find out IP addresses, but moderators and admins of websites (like this one) can see it if you are a member.

I found this on yahoo answers:

Q)Does your IP address give details or information as to what Country my computer is in?
if so is there a way to change or block it

A)Yes actually there is a way to tell what country a computer is in. Actually you should be able to locate a city, And if you know the persons name, you can then use http://www.anywho.com to locate the phone number and address.

Try this site:
http://whatismyipaddress.com/traceroute-tool

Dan
Source(s):
http://whatismyipaddress.com/traceroute-tool

Last edited:
If someone does know your IP I highly doubt they'll be able to find out exactly where you live, they'll either find out what County you live in or just get it completely wrong.

I'm not sure how people find out IP addresses, but moderators and admins of websites (like this one) can see it if you are a member.

Would you by any chance know how i can make my ip adress show that im somewhere else, I dont even want people to know what city im in

Im only worried about someone on msn who i've sent things to and they've sent me stuff so i think they might have been able to get it that way

Proxies (commonly used to bypass school website filters) hide / randomise your IP, you can use them to browse the web anonymously but they're full of ads and you won't be able to "stay signed in" to websites.

As for MSN, I have no idea. Just don't accept any random invites.

don't know if this will work, but I found it on a website:
Windows 9x/Me users
Go to Start
Control Panel
Network
Network card
TCP/IP
IP address

Windows XP/2k users
Go to Start
Control Panel
Network Connections
Local Area Connection
Properties
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).

Red Hat Linux
Go to System Tools
Network. You could also use tools as 'linuxconf' or 'netcfg'tool.

don't know if this will work, but I found it on a website:
Windows 9x/Me users
Go to Start
Control Panel
Network
Network card
TCP/IP
IP address

Windows XP/2k users
Go to Start
Control Panel
Network Connections
Local Area Connection
Properties
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).

Red Hat Linux
Go to System Tools
Network. You could also use tools as 'linuxconf' or 'netcfg'tool.
Thanks but i can't see "Network Connections" on my comp

Report it to the police if you are worried you are in great danger.

they cannot do anything with your IP...they cannot tell you your exact address..they may be able to tell you your city though...but if you feel safer ..maybe you should just report it to the police

block that person, they're obviously playing head games.

An IP is hard to get from someone. That is why u never ever click links unless you KNOW that person and that person SOUNDS like the person you know (like incase their email has been hijacked and random emails sent out containing a link that may expose ur IP). It's ahard thing to explain but basically sometimes something as simple as a link can track ur IP. Or downloading a file from that user.

An IP, once again, is not something that is that easy to see. They need a type of tracker to detect it.

message me if you want any more help :)

Thank you sooo much for everyone who's answered but its far more complicated than you think, They're not a bad person in the slightest

If they dont have my ip adress how can i prevent them from getting it because some people have said all you need is someones email and they can get it

I think the only way that they can correctly track you down is if they use your first and last name. Is your name popular or unpopular? For example, a name like Karen Smith could genarate millions of addresses, while a name like Jupia Coshti most likely would generate only one address. In this case, a name like Karen Smith would be much better than a name like Jupia Coshti.

In my case, my name is unique, but is also just two very popular names together. It would be very wise for me to give out my name as either Don or Nathan, so people couldn't track my address using my name.

My last name is wildly popular as well. For example, if I gave a person Don as my first name, and they tried to track me down, the results would pop up millions of Donalds first, not Donathan. If I give them Nathan, and they tried to track me down, the results would pop up millions of Nathaniels first, not Donathan. :)

I heard about this. I doubt they can track your exact address and number through your IP address. I was worried at first too. But if you truly feel you're in danger then, as DanceOfZenab1994 said, you should report to the police.

Thank you sooo much for everyone who's answered but its far more complicated than you think, They're not a bad person in the slightest

This bothers me. Why are you "REALLY scared" and "feel sick from worry" like someones trying to hunt you down, when this person isn't bad in the slightest. It doesn't add up. And it makes me jump to conclusions. Anyway i know i'm not helping so good luck and be good.

Back