Invincible 25th Anniversary

#RELEASEINVINCIBLE25
5d8006557e4a1592f46bda31511a1778.jpg

This comment shows, Michael had faith in Invincible and his heart was in it:
I only do an album every five years. Other artists do an album every year and my albums outlast and outsell all the other artists. And people wait for it. There's like, you know, a whole pulse going on about this album. [Michael was working on completing Invincible at that time.] It's like a fever, they're waiting, they're waiting. It's important to wait.
The Michael Jackson Tapes, page 145

Last edited:
This comment shows, Michael had faith in Invincible and his heart was in it:
What portion of his comment shows that exactly? I'm not saying it's not true that he believed in the album. That comment just does not reflect it particularly, in my opinion. Who even challenged the fact that Michael put his heart into and had faith in the album, apart from Frenzy?

What portion of his comment shows that exactly? I'm not saying it's not true that he believed in the album. That comment just does not reflect it particularly, in my opinion. Who even challenged the fact that Michael put his heart into and had faith in the album, apart from Frenzy?
many here said he didn't care for Invincible
those who dislike the album

wow I just found this on MJs official page
Michael Jackson’s ‘Invincible’ Is Relevant & Fresh
February 21, 2022
Invincible is “a record that is quite relevant while at the same time being experimental and fresh. ‘Heartbreaker’ and the album’s title track are great songs both using ultra-groovy and super-catchy choruses. ‘You Rock My World’ is also a lot of fun.” – PopMatters

proof, they read in forums
Michael Jackson’s ‘Invincible’ Album Was Released In October 2001
October 06, 2023
Michael’s Invincible album was released this month in 2001, and at 77 minutes with 16 songs (15 of which are written or co-written by Michael), it is his most expansive. It was awarded the best album of the 2000s decade by Billboard magazine readers and today it is likely his most discussed album in the fan forums.

We don't need Sony to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Invincible with a bonus disc.
We already have it:

Hollywood Tonight
The Way You Love Me
Another Day
In The Back
Shout
Beautiful Girl
She Was Loving Me
Fall Again
A Place With No Name
Blue Gangsta
We've Had Enough
Xscape
+ Get Your Weight Off Of Me

On The MJCast podcast, Michael Prince said OMC was a brand new song and not from Invincible. But it wouldn't be that big of a deal to see it included if we consider Number Ones/2003 the end of Invincible era.
🤔

Now it's official, Butterflies is a heartfelt R&B ballad:
Michael Jackson’s mastery of how to precisely blend dance-floor-ready funk, deeply felt soul, and massive hooks electrified his entire catalog. Apple Music’s playlist “Michael Jackson: Deep Cuts” is two hours of diverse listening from heartfelt R&B ballads like “Butterflies” to fast-paced jams like “Workin’ Day and Night.”

I think people saying he wasn't that bothered about the album comes from the fact that he didn't bother showing up to a lot of the sessions, booked hotels for crew and didn't even bother contacting them to work on stuff etc. It's been pretty well established at this point that he wasn't that involved.

Last edited:
On The MJCast podcast, Michael Prince said OMC was a brand new song and not from Invincible. But it wouldn't be that big of a deal to see it included if we consider Number Ones/2003 the end of Invincible era.
Keep in mind that Michael Durham Prince has a memory like a sieve.

Mike Smallcombe, Kit O'Toole and several other authors have confirmed that 'One More Chance' is an outtake from the 'Invincible' album.

Keep in mind that Michael Durham Prince has a memory like a sieve.

Mike Smallcombe, Kit O'Toole and several other authors have confirmed that 'One More Chance' is an outtake from the 'Invincible' album.
Confirmed how?

I know they have written MJ Books, but unless they talked to MJ collaborators about this song, it's meaningless. Fans online have always assumed OMC to be an Invincible outtakes (which is possible), and speculations become facts and find their way in books.

It's possible Michael Prince is wrong and they are right. But please share if you have a source or if the books have sources/quotes for this track.

It's possible Michael Prince is wrong and they are right. But please share if you have a source or if the books have sources/quotes for this track.
It’s hard for Michael Prince to have been wrong when he was literally reading out dates from his computer on that podcast.

Whether the song was first started in or before 2001, I don’t know, but what is pretty certain is that the vocals are from 2003.

Confirmed how?

I know they have written MJ Books, but unless they talked to MJ collaborators about this song, it's meaningless. Fans online have always assumed OMC to be an Invincible outtakes (which is possible), and speculations become facts and find their way in books.

Here is a relevant excerpt from Kit O'Toole's book about 'One More Chance':

"...The R. Kelly-penned ballad was originally intended for Invincible, but two years later was included on the greatest hits collection Number Ones..." ('Michael Jackson FAQ: All That's Left To Know About The King Of Pop' book)

Note also that if there were only rumours or speculations about that, she would have phrased that differently in her book (for example, "…'One More Chance' was rumoured originally for Invincible…").

Here is a relevant excerpt from Kit O'Toole's book about 'One More Chance':

"...The R. Kelly-penned ballad was originally intended for Invincible, but two years later was included on the greatest hits collection Number Ones..." ('Michael Jackson FAQ: All That's Left To Know About The King Of Pop' book)

Note also that if there were only rumours or speculations about that, she would have phrased that differently in her book (for example, "…'One More Chance' was rumoured originally for Invincible…").
Yes, but you are assuming she would do this. Can we trust her or did she read it on the Internet and didn't do more research? Is it mentioned in the book what her sources are for this track or others?

Again, she might have talked to MJ collaborators and received confirmations but I don't know.

And even if it was "originally intended" for Invincible, what does it mean? Was it only R. Kelly demo being selected and not recorded by MJ until 2003 or only some parts?

Wikipedia use Smallcombe book as the source of the recorded dates but it says 2001-2003.

Back