Invincible 25th Anniversary

Now we know who bought all these Invincible albums.
a821371c05cf7b7089ca3bcec631bf57.jpg

eb2d32be705f43517f2c125841452c74.jpg

Last edited:
Michael Durham Prince about the Invincible sessions and the Invincible Tour:​
Which songs did you have to work a lot on, or do you remember the best? Any anecdotes in the studio with Brad, Bruce and Michael on those sessions?
On Invincible you had three writing teams – one was Michael and Brad, one was Rodney Jerkins, and one was Dr. Freeze whose real name is Elliot Straite. In the beginning, when we first went to the studio, it was the songs that Brad and I had been working on with Michael, and Dr. Freeze already had a few because he was writing every day and had some very good songs. Then Michael brought in Rodney (I hadn’t known of him before) who was mentored by Teddy Riley. I remember working on this album in L.A., in New York, and in Florida over the course of almost four years. When it was finished, I went to Michael’s office to pick up a master copy of the CD, I listened to it in my car on the way home. The sound was brilliant because Bruce mixed it, and Michael’s voice was amazing as one would expect. It is truly a work of art!​
Were you expecting to go on a potential Invincible Tour?
We did the two shows in Madison Square Garden, and after the second show, we were riding in a van, to our hotel, with Brad and with Michael Bush. Michael Bush said, “Michael said that everybody should expect a phone call in the next two weeks because we’re going to go on tour.” We were all really excited to hear that because it meant a lot of work and joy, and Michael would go on a world tour again and take it to his fans. But what happened the next morning was 9/11… and everything changed. Michael would have probably gone to Europe first, but Europe seemed like the most dangerous place to be since we didn’t know who was responsible yet. So, we still kept hoping, but if you look back to early 2002, everybody artist canceled their world tours. Just like with COVID. There was still some touring going on in America but Michael liked touring the world. I don’t know if he was more popular in Europe but he thought, “Well, if I had a choice of touring in America or Europe, I would always pick Europe.” In America, to us, every city is the same. I mean, it’s a beautiful country, but to me, Europe is much more fascinating. Anyway, sadly that tour never happened.​

Well, the anniversary isn't for another 2 & 1/2 years, so we still have a lot of time to see if any finished tracks were omitted, placed online, and try to restore them. That would be a pretty decent start, in my opinion.

The hype surrounding the biopic in 2025 could pave the way for Invincible 25 and Dangerous 35 in 2026.

What would they put on there other than mostly demos MJ didn't even sing on? Everything else has been released lol.
yes, but not on one collection
and don't forget What More Can I Give Demo, Get Your Weight Off Of Me, Seeing Voices, Hollywood Tonight Demo, Another Day Demo

Last edited:
my dream would be a acapella of Shout
there is also a version of 2000 Watts with unreleased ad-libs:

more songs for The Ultimate Invincible Collection
Cheater (2nd demo) : Reworked during Invincible sessions (1999-2001). Failed to make the Invincible album; Features rapper “Fats”. Short snippet leaked online but remains unreleased.
Monster : Recorded in 1998. Mentionned by Michael Prince & CJ DeVillar. Mj sings “you created a monster” in the chorus. The song was played to fans. Not related to the FAKE Cascio song released in 2010. Damien Shields : “Recorded 1998. Epic production. Lots of layers. It’s dark. Heavy beat. Has a string section. MJ sang the strings in a voicemail left on Brad Buxer’s answering machine, and Michael Prince brought them to life musically. Lyrics: “you created a monster” and that’s it.” Remains unreleased.

Back