Is a massive "D25" box set about to be announced Monday?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just out of curious but I don't know where to ask this, does anyone have this CD? if so, does it sound better or it's just the audio taken from the TV broadcast?

2gy12s0.jpg

I have that CD. I bought it a couple of days ago for $15.

I thought it was gonna be the complete show, but they cut out a lot of the songs ("Wanna Be Startin Somethin", "Stranger In Moscow", "You Are Not Alone", "Come Together/D.S.", "Dangerous" and "Heal the World"). Also, some songs have bits cut out (for example, "Thriller" skips the werewolf opening and cuts straight to the beginning of the song) and all three songs from both the opening medley and the J5 medley are listed as separate songs while the Off the Wall Medley is listed as one whole track. Like WTH? Also, the sound quality isn't all that good either.

So basically, this is the track listing:
-----------------------------------------
01. Introduction
02. Scream
03. They Don't Care About Us
04. In the Closet
05. Smooth Criminal
06. The Way You Make Me Feel
07. I Want You Back
08. The Love You Save
09. I'll Be There
10. Off the Wall Medley
11. Billie Jean
12. Thriller
13. Beat It
14. Black or White
15. Earth Song
16. History

I'm not sure even diehard MJ collectors would be interested in this CD. You'd be paying $15 or more for a CD that should be the entire Auckland 1996 show, but is instead a trimmed-down version with 6 missing songs and bits of certain songs cut out.

^I imagine the audio is straight from the VHS rip floating around. Even though it's a low quality bootleg, in an ideal world they would've done a two CD set to accommodate the whole show.

About tje John Landis interview - he said something about the sound. - did he said 4D sound or what did he say?

FOLKS! Do you all not realize that just because something was not released during his lifetime that that does not mean he did not want it released?! As a matter of fact he bragged about how he had so much to release in the vaults! Come on now! Don't be so mislead! By the late 1970's Michael knew to be strategic with things and what was released when! And he was BRILLIANT when it came to that! It left the competition in the dust by far! That's all that happened! Gee wiz!

About tje John Landis interview - he said something about the sound. - did he said 4D sound or what did he say?

He said "4K Sound", which isn't a correct term. After all, 4K refers to pixels and pixels aren't a thing in the realm of audio. What he's meaning to say is that the film (which was originally mixed in 2.0 Stereo) has now been re-mixed to high resolution surround sound.

By high resolution, it means the audio is going to have a very high sample rate and bit-depth so it's going to sound essentially as close to the sound the musicians, producers and engineers were working with in the studio. Put simple, it's going to sound as great as the source will allow you to.

It's a pretty standard process for many new Blu-ray releases now-a-days, so it's always a good thing to see them go back to older recordings and give them this treatment. Are most people going to be able to tell the difference? Most likely not, but it's good to know they're giving it the best treatment they can so that they can sound their best for generations to come.

He said "4K Sound", which isn't a correct term. After all, 4K refers to pixels and pixels aren't a thing in the realm of audio. What he's meaning to say is that the film (which was originally mixed in 2.0 Stereo) has now been re-mixed to high resolution surround sound.

By high resolution, it means the audio is going to have a very high sample rate and bit-depth so it's going to sound essentially as close to the sound the musicians, producers and engineers were working with in the studio. Put simple, it's going to sound as great as the source will allow you to.

It's a pretty standard process for many new Blu-ray releases now-a-days, so it's always a good thing to see them go back to older recordings and give them this treatment. Are most people going to be able to tell the difference? Most likely not, but it's good to know they're giving it the best treatment they can so that they can sound their best for generations to come.

Thank you very much for this explanation. - Best possible sound and picture quality sounds promissing. - Hope they also do this to the original Thriller - and not only the new 3D version with a different ending...

just out of curious but I don't know where to ask this, does anyone have this CD? if so, does it sound better or it's just the audio taken from the TV broadcast?

2gy12s0.jpg

Weird, this was just announced to be pressed onto Vinyl! Not by Epic or Sony though. By some label called "Parachute". Says its sourced from an FM radio broadcast, which is different to what I thought above about it being sourced from the VHS copy! Reading some of the comments, seems they broadcast Ghosts before airing it on NZ TV too, which is cool!

https://www.facebook.com/MightyApe/....139287.32009667053/10155001858977054/?type=3

Thank you very much for this explanation. - Best possible sound and picture quality sounds promissing. - Hope they also do this to the original Thriller - and not only the new 3D version with a different ending...

No worries! I have a good feeling they will do this for the 2D version.

FullLipsDotNose;4199285 said:
What time are they going to make the announcement?

'Check out Michael’s website and social profiles any time after 8 p.m. GMT/ 12 p.m. EDT / 9 a.m. PDT for the news.'‬

myosotis;4199287 said:
'Check out Michael’s website and social profiles any time after 8 p.m. GMT/ 12 p.m. EDT / 9 a.m. PDT for the news.'‬

So the announcement will come in 1 hour? Correct?

So the announcement will come in 1 hour? Correct?

Wait that's weird. It says "8 p.m. GMT/ 12 p.m. EDT / 9 a.m. PDT"

It's currently 11.24am GMT, so another 8.5 hours until 8pm GMT.

It's currently 7.26am EDT, so another 4.5 hours until 12pm EDT.

It's currently 4.24am PDT, so another 4.5 hours until 9am PDT.

Guess they got the GMT time wrong, going off the other two? So yeah, roughly 4.5 hours I guess?

Nej jeg tror det er kl. 10 i aften ca. Ellers har jeg kigget forkert online. :)

2gy12s0.jpg
ohhhh interesting if this is legit id get it

so all this just for "a change of sound".......righttttttt

Haha fair point. Suddenly that stick of chalk looks damn good.

Guy from Sony "Well we gotta give them somethin'!!"

Guy from Estate "Well we gave them some Cascio tracks a few years ago and there was a major over reaction and a bloody court case! Frank and Jason would want twice the amount this time, a bonus fee if he does Oprah again! We shifted an extra 50 copies after that interview!"

Guy from Sony "Well I'm all out of ideas this time! We gave them Afrojax! Christ we gave em Pitbull!! By the way, he get paid yet? I've told Jenny not to take his calls anymore, guy has zero patience! So I'm all out of ideas kid genius! You got ANY ideas at all!"

Guy from Estate "Ok! I've just thought of something! Brace yourself for this!"

Guy from Sony "Ok I'm braced! Didn't Michael use that? 'Brace yourself? Very good I see what you did there. Ok I'm waiting!"

Guy from Estate "Look at the wall over there. What do you see?"

Guy from Sony "A Prince poster. Don't you think that would be pushing it?"

Guy from Estate "No, next to the Prince poster. And we're on a budget here! We can't afford no Prince poster! Colour and ink cost dollars! We're not made of.....well we're not paying for a full coloured giant Prince poster only for those nut jobs to throw it back in our face!"

Guy from Sony "Gawd damn it! Can you just spit it out??"

Guy from Estate "What's next to the Prince poster?"

Guy from Sony "A blackboard! Great we'll give them all a gawd damn blackboard! That's really gonna be cost effect! Seriously! Like we're the bank of Rothchild over here!"

Guy from Estate "Look closer! What's resting on the ledge of the blackboard??"

Guy from Sony "Chalk? Chalk!!! Chalk!!!!! Chalk!!!! Todd your a gawd damn genius!! They better be paying you over there!! You still driving that Bugatti? Jenny cancel my two o'clock! Heck Jenny cancle the rest of the evening and bring in a bottle of the finest....."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You know what the saddest part bout this is.....IT WOULDNT FREAKING SURPISE ME ! :lol:

Haha fair point. Suddenly that stick of chalk looks damn good.

Guy from Sony "Well we gotta give them somethin'!!"

Guy from Estate "Well we gave them some Cascio tracks a few years ago and there was a major over reaction and a bloody court case! Frank and Jason would want twice the amount this time, a bonus fee if he does Oprah again! We shifted an extra 50 copies after that interview!"

Guy from Sony "Well I'm all out of ideas this time! We gave them Afrojax! Christ we gave em Pitbull!! By the way, he get paid yet? I've told Jenny not to take his calls anymore, guy has zero patience! So I'm all out of ideas kid genius! You got ANY ideas at all!"

Guy from Estate "Ok! I've just thought of something! Brace yourself for this!"

Guy from Sony "Ok I'm braced! Didn't Michael use that? 'Brace yourself? Very good I see what you did there. Ok I'm waiting!"

Guy from Estate "Look at the wall over there. What do you see?"

Guy from Sony "A Prince poster. Don't you think that would be pushing it?"

Guy from Estate "No, next to the Prince poster. And we're on a budget here! We can't afford no Prince poster! Colour and ink cost dollars! We're not made of.....well we're not paying for a full coloured giant Prince poster only for those nut jobs to throw it back in our face!"

Guy from Sony "Gawd damn it! Can you just spit it out??"

Guy from Estate "What's next to the Prince poster?"

Guy from Sony "A blackboard! Great we'll give them all a gawd damn blackboard! That's really gonna be cost effect! Seriously! Like we're the bank of Rothchild over here!"

Guy from Estate "Look closer! What's resting on the ledge of the blackboard??"

Guy from Sony "Chalk? Chalk!!! Chalk!!!!! Chalk!!!! Todd your a gawd damn genius!! They better be paying you over there!! You still driving that Bugatti? Jenny cancel my two o'clock! Heck Jenny cancle the rest of the evening and bring in a bottle of the finest....."

tenor.gif

Thanks.

We'll just have to patient I guess.

Wait that's weird. It says "8 p.m. GMT/ 12 p.m. EDT / 9 a.m. PDT"

It's currently 11.24am GMT, so another 8.5 hours until 8pm GMT.

It's currently 7.26am EDT, so another 4.5 hours until 12pm EDT.

It's currently 4.24am PDT, so another 4.5 hours until 9am PDT.

Guess they got the GMT time wrong, going off the other two? So yeah, roughly 4.5 hours I guess?

Yes, they got the 'GMT' time wrong. The announcement is about 3hrs 40 mins from now. (It is anyway BST in the UK....but still 3 hrs 40 mins from now at about 5.00 pm :) )

Last edited:
I think in this scenario their relationship is more of a partnership rather than Landis working for the Estate. So really he's free to say whatever he wants. I get the impression the Estate just asked him to keep quiet about it and he agreed to honour that...to a point.

I'm still eager to hear the details though.

Excatly what john does is totally seperate from the estate does

Thanks mate. I failed to hear that when I was straining my ears to listen under the translation.

For those who didn't or couldn't listen to it he also told a hilarious story of a time when Michael and he went to Disneyland. They were able to use the tunnels under the theme park for Michael and when they got onto the grounds of the theme park they met Micky Mouse. So John, Micky Mouse and Michael are all standing on a small patch of grass that's roped off with some chain ropes like those in a bank.

Next thing everyone in the park -around five thousand people- at the same time notice Michael and they all go ballistic and start screaming. Next thing they all start to run towards Michael, John and Micky. John is terrified for his life because he's not used to it and has never been in this situation. Michael is just standing there calm as hell and just waving and saying hi. Micky Mouse in a high pitched Micky Mouse voice screams "holy shit!!" as all the people run at them. Just in time and out of nowhere a limo pulls up and Michael, John and Micky are all thrown into the limo! Just in time! The people start banging on the windows and shaking the car. It takes them two hours to get out of the park. :lol:

When John told this story he did the Micky Mouse voice and honestly it was the funniest thing ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back