Is MJ self conscious about performing on stage?

Well of course he's self conscious about things, he's admitted to that in many interviews...

But that should have nothing to do with his perforoming...he's always been that way and he's only been performing since he was a little kid!! duh!

No I don't think Michael is self conscience on stage.
He's always said he is not nervous on stage or performing
he is more comfortable there than making public appearances
He loves performing and OWNS the stage and he knows it.

He has just been tied up with getting his house and life in order.
what he went through was devastating. plus he wanted to wait
untill all the flack died down before attempting to come back to
the public eye - he is very wise and patient .. He wants everything
set in place first .. He is a perfectionist and as Will i.am said
Michael is the FINE TUNE King.

This is his year and he is going to take every advantage
of Thrillers Anniversary to make his move ..

I know in my heart he WILL be performing this year.

i agree the only thing michael never afraid is the stage...

I was gonna leave this ish alone but I got ask, Whats with these sort of threads? There are so many of from, Can he perform? Can he sing like he used to? etc etc. Why are fans personal fears/insecurities such a big part of MJ topics? I don't get it. Did MJ loose a limb? Has he gained weight so much that he is incapable of any kind of movement? Did he loose his voice permanently? So whats up with the tripping!

Where does the question on his ability to sing/dance etc come from? He is an healthy almost 50 year old man, who still sings (take the words of those who have heard him sing very recently like Will i.am if you don't want to believe that some of his vocals on T-25 are recent). As for been '50' so what! MJ was bursting moves that even the young kids of today struggle to copy when he was in his twenty. My bet is that when a '50' year old MJ dances it will be no moves of any ordinary 50 year old. So to compare him with other older artists who aren't known for the dancing is just nuff.

Think back, how long did it take you to learn to moonwalk (if you can moonwalk that is) and how old where you? Think about how old MJ was when he first moonwalked and how fast he learnt it and perfected it.

So no disrespect intended to anyone but can we please leave these discussions alone or at least look at the facts first before trippin. LOL.
Why are people so afraid that whatever MJ has planned will not work or be good enough all of a sudden.

I was gonna leave this ish alone but I got ask, Whats with these sort of threads? There are so many of from, Can he perform? Can he sing like he used to? etc etc. Why are fans personal fears/insecurities such a big part of MJ topics? I don't get it. Did MJ loose a limb? Has he gained weight so much that he is incapable of any kind of movement? Did he loose his voice permanently? So whats up with the tripping!

Where does the question on his ability to sing/dance etc come from? He is an healthy almost 50 year old man, who still sings (take the words of those who have heard him sing very recently like Will i.am if you don't want to believe that some of his vocals on T-25 are recent). As for been '50' so what! MJ was bursting moves that even the young kids of today struggle to copy when he was in his twenty. My bet is that when a '50' year old MJ dances it will be no moves of any ordinary 50 year old. So to compare him with other older artists who aren't known for the dancing is just nuff.

Think back, how long did it take you to learn to moonwalk (if you can moonwalk that is) and how old where you? Think about how old MJ was when he first moonwalked and how fast he learnt it and perfected it.

So no disrespect intended to anyone but can we please leave these discussions alone or at least look at the facts first before trippin. LOL.
Why are people so afraid that whatever MJ has planned will not work or be good enough all of a sudden.

I didn't wanna say it but thaaaaaank you for saying it for me. Something good is about to go down and all fans can do is DOUBT MJ....Psh.

Interesting question.

I would say yes, but generally over the years Michaels perfectionism has most definitely deteriorated. From the period where he cried after his breakthrough performance (Motown 25) because he didn't execute one move absolutely perfectly - to a point where he seemed pretty OK half-arsing a performance at MSG in 2001 and doing whatever it is he did at the World Music Awards.

But I think he's in a much better place that he was in 2001, and now may be in a better state to evaluate that going on stage and half-arsing a performance wouldn't be healthy for his career. I've always thought that he is very scared of furtherly touching his career. He has lost a lot. Including his love for Neverland, which he thought would never land. I feel that it would be heart-breaking for him if this was Invincible all over again - yet, he's scared to expose himself like he did in HIStory since, if that was rejected, it would be like a sword through his heart.

We'll see.
To be honest, I think a good performance... like, 'Michael Jackson' good, could be one of the best things he could do, personally and career-wise. Whereas a bad performance would destroy his confidence.

One thing I've always noticed is his covering of the microphone, during more recent eras. I think that's him being self-conscious of lip-syncing, yet being self-conscious of singing live also.

Well I really don't think that using Michael's most recent performances as a gage for his work ethic or desire to perfect is fair. It was known that in 2001 through 2003, Michael was having health related problems, and on top of that, the issues he was dealing with regarding his record label, "Invincible", etc... He was going through a very difficult period at that time and to use that as reasoning to support the theory that he has been half-assing through his career as of late is wrong. Michael doesn't half-ass anything and he never has. In fact, during the first show at MSG in 2001, it was widely reported that Michael had been very upset over the technical problems which persisted throughout the night. When he performed on American Bandstand 50th anniversary show, Michael performed "Dangerous" back to back, in front of a live audience, because he wasn't happy with his first performance, despite the crowd standing on their feet and cheering him for several minutes. He still didn't feel it was good enough, and went and did it over, even though it was clear he was still having a lot of difficulties. So I think that Michael doesn't half-ass or cut corners and I don't think he ever plans to. Like I said, when he commits, he commits.

Back