Is Why? w/3T Michael's song or 3T's?

@mjfanatic777

Hike Smart
Country
United-States
So you know the song 'Why?' feat. 3T? Well is it Michael's song or 3T's? Because Michael never released it on any of his albums and I'm not sure if he released it as a single or not. So my mind came to the conclusion that it might be 3T's song instead of Michael's. So if you know please tell me because this thought still hunts me 'til this day. Also if I'm wrong don't hesitate to correct me))) Thank you!

24bd58df091f0a767f35348b67d6ae9ec75b6a8f.jpg

Between songs like Willing and Waiting, Why, and bringing R.Kelly on board to collaborate, I guess the sound for HIStory, had there been no allegations, maybe would've been 90s ballads?

Probably as Invincible took that direction eventually.
The 90s stock was a lot healthier than the 2000s, I will admit. The Invincible ballads, while nice, can't help but feel. Nondefinitive. The best Invincible ballads sound like the 2000s, like the 21st century. Butterflies could be made today, so could Whatever Happens. Cry and You Are My Life do sound like 90s tunes, but not even as strong as Teddy and Toto's. Idk, it's funny.

And, is this an Invincible thread now that I've mentioned Invincible?

Tito Joe Jackson stated in no uncertain terms that Michael Jackson recorded a solo version of the 'Why' song.

"At first, it was one of our uncle's songs for the 'HIStory' album. He made the mistake to let us listen to it before the release of the album and we fell in love with this track … So we could have the song, but under one condition: we should keep his voice on it. So we kept the chorus as it was, sung by Michael, and we re-sang the verses. Uncle Michael was with us during the recording, he helped us with our singing as well as getting into the atmosphere of the song. You should hear Michael’s version of ’Why’, that would be cool" (Tito Joe Jackson)

Tito Joe Jackson in another interview ('SWAY'S UNIVERSE' Interview) again confirmed that Michael Jackson recorded a solo version of the 'Why' song.

In this interview, Tito Joe Jackson again stated that there is actually a Michael Jackson solo version of 'Why' and also that Michael Jackson was told by Sony to get rid of 1 of these 2 songs ('You Are Not Alone', 'Why') because only 1 of them would make his 'HIStory' album.

Michael got rid of the wrong song then. He chose a simple love song over a more challenging song “ why do we love if love will die”?

Between songs like Willing and Waiting, Why, and bringing R.Kelly on board to collaborate, I guess the sound for HIStory, had there been no allegations, maybe would've been 90s ballads?
It's interesting isn't it mate

I love Michael's ballads, but I don't know if I'd want a ballad heavy record from him at that point. He was so gifted and varied when it came to his songwriting, I'd feel cheated by just ballads.

I get why he'd want to pick the best producers of the time though, songs like Willing and Waiting (that demo has so much promise, it just needed Mike's writing) but I wish Mike would trusted himself as songwriter/producer and see more of his ideas through

Also Why is a gorgeous song, I really hope there's a solo version of it. Honestly it's one of his strongest love songs

It's interesting isn't it mate

I love Michael's ballads, but I don't know if I'd want a ballad heavy record from him at that point. He was so gifted and varied when it came to his songwriting, I'd feel cheated by just ballads.

I get why he'd want to pick the best producers of the time though, songs like Willing and Waiting (that demo has so much promise, it just needed Mike's writing) but I wish Mike would trusted himself as songwriter/producer and see more of his ideas through

Also Why is a gorgeous song, I really hope there's a solo version of it. Honestly it's one of his strongest love songs
A ballads album recorded around the late 70s early 80s would have been his best ever work. His voice was so clear and vibrant then. Literally every ballad of this period is pure brilliance in terms of vocals

A ballads album recorded around the late 70s early 80s would have been his best ever work. His voice was so clear and vibrant then. Literally every ballad of this period is pure brilliance in terms of vocals
Ironic that this is the time he'd definitely never do it. He finally escaped that ballad singing era and was singing songs to have fun and dance to. God, just imagine what 20 years old MJ could do in the 21st century, if he had the choices Bruno Mars and co do. Off The Wall dropped today really would be better than Thriller.

Why was suppose to be on HIStory until 3T fell in love with it and it was put on their album. That's why Come Together ended up on HIStory instead.

I hope there is a version of Michael singing the whole thing and gets released someday.

That ”simple love song” was a global hit, and Michael’s last number one hit in the US. One could say he chose the right song.
Good choice on the short term but on the long term earth song and TDCAU turned out to be the true classics.
Anyway why was a hit as well but the whiny voiced of 3t ruined it 😛

Good choice on the short term but on the long term earth song and TDCAU turned out to be the true classics.
Anyway why was a hit as well but the whiny voiced of 3t ruined it 😛
Or, they're all classics. No real losers among them. And Why's best part would always be the chorus anyway, and I like the boys voices fine.

You've kinda been going crazy with the off kilter takes Filmandmusic. Please maybe take it easy.

Or, they're all classics. No real losers among them. And Why's best part would always be the chorus anyway, and I like the boys voices fine.

You've kinda been going crazy with the off kilter takes Filmandmusic. Please maybe take it easy.
What did I say? 😂 I have no idea what you mean!

Back