Isn't it ironic...don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone assumed that she and Michael were close. Even the media made it out that way. But the truth is they were not as close as we thought. They rarely talked or saw each other over the last few years. It doesn't mean they didn't love each other but she didn't know his life and listened to others like Randy who had no clue either.

To me Randy is the problem and he tries to get the others involved in things and I feel a lot of them don't want to be. Jermaine went along with things but he is a suck up lol. He didn't want to not be able to go to his mother's home or see Michael's kids. He knows not to be on their bad side. It would have been nice to see her at the Cirque shows with the others but I think she feels the estate "is bad" like Randy and she stays away.

I think the things she said after Michael died I probably could get passed but what happened to the kids because of her and Randy I think is unforgiveable. They love Katherine and to deny access to her was cruel when they lost their dad who they loved so much. Because Randy thinks the estate is bad and wants to control all of it and the money? You don't do that to children. They won't forget that.

I didn't think of Michael to be close to any of the Jacksons really.. I mean like all big families siblings tend to get close to one, then another and swaps.. I know there was a time they were close, but the last years of MJ's life he wasn't close to any Jackson.. If any sibling in 2009 Latoya would actually be probably the closest cuz they lived really close to each other and Latoyas mentioning of her last conversations with MJ seems to be closer to his last days..

But again, Michael secluded himself from his family for several reasons. we know that!

We know that and that's why I have hard time with them acting like they knew what was going on in Michael's life. If you hardly see your brother you really don't know and listening to people who don't either or tabloids isn't really reliable either. The people who were actually around Michael would know more. It's too bad they were not as close to how they used to be.

I thank Jehovah God my family isn't famous, because we're far from perfect and if put under a microscope like the Jacksons are, NO ONE'S family would pass that test.

That said, many people are leading with their heart instead of their head on Mike's family. Case in point the issue of Janet being reimbursed for Mike's funeral. Mike wasn't indigent and people with far less assets/wealth pay for their own final arrangements (myself included). My final arrangements have been set up, notarized and paid for in advance because I wouldn't want to burden my family with that. Losing me will be hard enough; asking them to pay for it would be irresponsible on MY behalf. Facing one's mortality can be hard for many people and maybe it was for Mike? He made sure he had his will signed, sealed and delivered, which wasn't a small feat.

There are quite a few things throughout the decades I saw as shady behavior from his family, but to be completely honest I was only seeing one side of the coin. I'm sure Mike pissed them off at times and wasn't the perfect sibling to them 24/7. It happens and most families get over it (and some don't). It doesn't help their case when some of them are constantly showing love for Michael via some sort of business deal/financial gain ONLY. Can they rep their brother without a fee? That (above anything else) is what bothers me about many in his family the most. Unless I missed it, I have yet to see any of them speak fondly about Mike without tying something for sale to it.

I thank Jehovah God my family isn't famous, because we're far from perfect and if put under a microscope like the Jacksons are, NO ONE'S family would pass that test.

That said, many people are leading with their heart instead of their head on Mike's family. Case in point the issue of Janet being reimbursed for Mike's funeral. Mike wasn't indigent and people with far less assets/wealth pay for their own final arrangements (myself included). My final arrangements have been set up, notarized and paid for in advance because I wouldn't want to burden my family with that. Losing me will be hard enough; asking them to pay for it would be irresponsible on MY behalf. Facing one's mortality can be hard for many people and maybe it was for Mike? He made sure he had his will signed, sealed and delivered, which wasn't a small feat.

There are quite a few things throughout the decades I saw as shady behavior from his family, but to be completely honest I was only seeing one side of the coin. I'm sure Mike pissed them off at times and wasn't the perfect sibling to them 24/7. It happens and most families get over it (and some don't). It doesn't help their case when some of them are constantly showing love for Michael via some sort of business deal/financial gain ONLY. Can they rep their brother without a fee? That (above anything else) is what bothers me about many in his family the most. Unless I missed it, I have yet to see any of them speak fondly about Mike without tying something for sale to it.

Thank you for that...

if my family were also viewed with eyes the way the Jacksons are, a board like this would spend all day hating on them so so so much.. on my moms side of the family I'm the eldest male within 3 generations NOT to have been in prison at some point of life.. Enough said!

I will still say I love every family member of mine and I would not want ANYONE to say the things they say about the Jacksons about my family..

So that being said, if I find talking about my family disrespectfully is disrespecting me, I am sure Michael would feel the same about how many MJ fans talk about his...

Michael NEVER spoke poorly about his family, yes he has privately complained about his father which we later heard but that was private...

I have also spoke poorly about my family members, that does not give right to anyone else to speak of them when they don't know them...

The difference here is that 50K would not have burdened Janet in the least, it would've been a gesture to a loved one who has ALWAYS been the one burdened with supporting the whole family (and still is). And in addition he was left to buy spots for the whole clan too! While Janet have always been left alone and she sure likes it like that!

There really is no comparison.

There's no comparison between our families and the Jackson's. They're summited to public scrutiny because they're public figures and most of the times they've got out the dirty laundry themselves for the public to find out. If they can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen, which makes your whole sermon KOPV automatically invalid.

How I'd had liked to have such an "imperfect" sibling like Michael to pay me all my bills without working hard whatsoever and give nothing but problems and betrayal in return. *end of sarcasm*

^ wow I didn't know my words could be compared to a 'sermon' but thank you..

And in no way does it make what I say invalid just because they are famous.. any occupation, or public access to someone does not change what's right or wrong..

I am not defending any action of any Jackson... I am saying the way many fans talk about them is wrong!! having a personal opinion is one thing..

just because someone is a public figure that does NOT make it ok to talk about that family.. What kind of explanation could you give for that make sense?

That's telling me if my family was on TV you'd have the right to say what you may say about the Jacksons?? HELL NO!!

A little note I find it funny how (when the Jacksons have pulled sh*t for decades) it was after MJ passed that fans come out and start bashing every Jackson... It is not THAT different than the people that come out and start saying stuff about Michael after he's gone.. different terms but same stuff pretty much..

Before MJ passed, fans talked a lot better about the Jacksons.. And no it was not a 50K funeral or using MJ's name that made the opinion change because they pulled stuff alwayssssss.. since the 80's!!

So nothing changed aside from MJ passing!! now when all fans know MJ wouldn't read what they say, they talk all the crap they want..

Feel free to deny it.. I see it!! and others do too

I dont know where some of you are coming from but where I come from most people do not want to leave a burden on their family to have to pay for their graves or funeral expenses. They have life insurance or have it taken care of prior. Unless they are just to poor. No one else should be held responsibility to pay that expense. Michael paid for it himself from his own estate as it should be. As most responsible people would do. The argument that Janet or others should pay that expense is asurb and petty. Why would Michael want to be belittled by having someone else have to pay for his grave or funeral as if he was a penniless pauper. (When he was a King) It was done the proper way, by him, though his own Estate. IMO Plus I wouldn't want it to be said Janet paid for MJ's funeral expenses as if he needed that or wanted that stated.

Most of us here are not saying Janet had to pay Michael's funeral as a whole. We thought it was ungenerous of her asking back/accepting those 50k and using Michael's money to buy resting spots and her not contributing in any way.

So would you prefer she did pay for it .. Then would you be saying " Oh Janet was so kind and generous for paying Michael's funeral expenses for him. She must have really loved him so much . ( I think not :giggle:) Those that despise Janet, would still be bashing her and belittling that effort as well. You would find something wrong with it and try to play it down as insignificant whenever someone praised her for it.. I don't doubt that for one second.

Bottom line. it was not her responsibility to pay for that and no one should be placing a moral judgment or proof of love on it. I just find that so petty myself. I will also add, I don't like Janet at all right now for many things she has done. But I just don't see this as something to hold against or judge ANYONE for.

Its called giving back. no ones saying its her responsibity to pay for anything. but considering what mj did for her and the family it might be seen as showing abit if gratitude to at least pay for your own clothes for the memorial. but lets be honest here janets shown shes very open to standing by and letting mj take responsibility in life and death so why would she act any different now. After all its a family attitude to expect mj to pay and be used and abused for the good of the family

Then why didn't the family buy their own burial spots as most responsible people would do? Surely that's the way to do it? That bill went over a million from what I remember, why didn't Janet share it? Surely it wasn't MJ's Estate responsibility to pay it.

But then again in this family all an every bill is MJ's responsibility.

It can't get any tackier than charging the dead for the clothes you wore to his funeral.

It always seems what Michael can do for them and what they need. Not what they can do for Michael. What he needs.

Even though Michael was made to think it was his responsibility to provide for his parents and siblings since he was a child, it wasn't anymore once they were adults. However, because of KJ he did it most of his life and nowadays even in death. Why are most of them still taking advantage of him while Janet is left alone, it's her family as well and it seems she's quite comfortable letting Michael pay for their messes, abusing him and she wasn't able to help him to provide for their own mother. :no:

I really think purchasing all the vacant crypts around Michael's crypt was also a security ploy. It kept fanatics or people who would charge a private fee from purchasing a near by crypt and exploiting the access. Lack of access to Michael's resting place was the reason that mausoleum was chosen. The family did not want to have to worry about his tomb being vandalized or exploited.

From all we know the Estate may have gone to Janet asking her to front the 50K because the legal logistics of everything has not been situated and they could not put forth any dollar from MJ's life insurance by a set date.. 50K to someone that has a net worth OVER $100 million or an estate that is worth even more than that!!

I highly doubt that Janet asked for anything or even expected anything, she probably has outfits worth the amount of the funeral.

We have to remember that MJ's funeral was a public spectacle that would have a very different lay out than a traditional funeral.. We have no idea the fine details in what happened, and we must figure that they came TO Janet asking her for the amount and would have told her that amount would later be covered by MJ's life insurance and would be reimbursed. She would have simply said ok!!

It is not very realistic to think that it was anything else but that...

It is not very realistic to think that it was anything else but that...

Why wouldn't it be realistic? It ain't like she hasn't proven how selfish and cheap she is by leaving MJ to support the family his whole life on his own, and in death too.

It doesn't matter to me if she didn't ask. If it was me, when they offered to reimburse me I would've said "That's ok you don't have to reimburse me and I'd like to share the bill for my big family's expensive resting spots!"

But that's just me, obviously that's not Janet.

I think if it was the other way around I don't feel Michael would have taken the money back.

Every family is different and I think some are just saying that they don't agree with her taking the money back for example. The reality is it's not really about the money. You can pay people in your family back. Nothing wrong with that. But I think some situations like your brother's funeral is a time when you can say that's okay don't worry about it.

I think if it was the other way around I don't feel Michael would have taken the money back.

Every family is different and I think some are just saying that they don't agree with her taking the money back for example. The reality is it's not really about the money. You can pay people in your family back. Nothing wrong with that. But I think some situations like your brother's funeral is a time when you can say that's okay don't worry about it.
Exactly. Michael wouldn't have taken any money from any member of the family.He made money just by coming out and doing a speech.No singing or dancing,just speaking at an event of some sort.He made money no matter what.Not only that,Michael was classier and had more tact than that.
Why people assume Janet took the money and ran astounds me,because Janet is way different than the monster she's painted out to be by some members of MJJC,unlike the other members of the Jackson family.

Why wouldn't it be realistic? It ain't like she hasn't proven how selfish and cheap she is by leaving MJ to support the family his whole life on his own, and in death too.

It doesn't matter to me if she didn't ask. If it was me, when they offered to reimburse me I would've said "That's ok you don't have to reimburse me and I'd like to share the bill for my big family's expensive resting spots!"

But that's just me, obviously that's not Janet.

Are people letting there emotions take over so much that they are ignoring how insurance works? It has been set before MJ's death that it would be covered by insurance.. Life insurance is paid for in advanced specifically for things like this (and others)... it would be completely pointless for them not to pay it..

IN FACT!! The insurance company is liable to pay for the funeral and if they did not they would open themselves up to lawsuits.. The Estate could have turned around and sued them for not covering the funeral when that is why MJ would pay for life insurance in the first place.

Are people letting there emotions take over so much that they are ignoring how insurance works? It has been set before MJ's death that it would be covered by insurance.. Life insurance is paid for in advanced specifically for things like this (and others)... it would be completely pointless for them not to pay it..

IN FACT!! The insurance company is liable to pay for the funeral and if they did not they would open themselves up to lawsuits.. The Estate could have turned around and sued them for not covering the funeral when that is why MJ would pay for life insurance in the first place.
Thank you! The family is not responsible to pay for the funeral.Why people assume that the family was responsible and not the insurance company Michael had is just a mystery to me.

^It's not about being responsible. Michael isn't responsible to pay their bills and support them, but he's been doing it for decades and keeps doing it now. I guess it takes a very big hearted and generous person to do it eh!

^^I think we stressed plenty of times it wasn't Janet's obligation to pay the funeral. It was tacky and tasteless she asked her money back and used Michael's money along side the other Jackson's to buy their resting spots.

I had a massive laugh at "The family is not responsible to pay for the funeral"

You would think that the least family could do it to pay for funeral as some sort of gesture for all the things Michael did for this family, but I guess it is too much for expect from "loving family".

Yes, Michael paid for his own funeral, he paid the f...ng donuts Randy ordered for private wake, he paid the clothes they wore, he paid the transportation to them to attend his funeral, but I sure hope he did not pay for crypts for the rest of them.

Sorry to hear Janet is so mean and broke that she needed that lame $50 thousand back from the estate like her life was depending on it.

No one thinks the family should pay for the funeral. i dont think that was ever the point. it was about them showing abit of gratitude considering what mj gave his life for. it wouldnt have been hard for janet to say no keep the money its the least i can do after what mj gave.but sadley the facts have shown janet isnt like that or they could have paid for their own clothes etc etc or if they were that broke janet could have said ill pay instead of mj paying for the clothes ppl wore to HIS funeral. only the jacksons could be that cheap.it would be funny if it wasnt so tacky.

going by that logic i presume ppl think it wasnt mjs job to pay his brothers child support and house their exes and pay their bills either??! but i guess thats ok

No one thinks the family should pay for the funeral. i dont think that was ever the point. it was about them showing abit of gratitude considering what mj gave his life for. it wouldnt have been hard for janet to say no keep the money its the least i can do after what mj gave.but sadley the facts have shown janet isnt like that or they could have paid for their own clothes etc etc or if they were that broke janet could have said ill pay instead of mj paying for the clothes ppl wore to HIS funeral. only the jacksons could be that cheap.it would be funny if it wasnt so tacky.

going by that logic i presume ppl think it wasnt mjs job to pay his brothers child support and house their exes and pay their bills either??! but i guess thats ok
You presume right people dont' think it was MJs job to pay for his sybling's expenses. So why should they think its Janet's job to pay for funeral expenses. I do think its weird that the Jackson's added their clothing to funeral expenses though. I Never did get that. but the Estate agreed it was part of the Expenses and paid it. Hey I'm not saying I agree wit h everything the Jackson do. I'm just speaking about making it a moral issue if Estate reimbursed Janet for the Expenses she initially paid. I don't see it that way. But I'm not looking for petty for ways to trash either. I have enough real issues I fault her for, than to have to do that.

Also the vaults are purchased to protect that whole area for MJ. You purchase whole space so you don't have strangers buying vaults to be laid to rest there with him. It's part of the package of having the whole area for his Stone and surroundings. under his area is a room with 12 vaults. I'm glad it is protected . Plus it is owned by Michael's estate, not the Jackson family. If any are laid to rest there it would be his mother and children not anyone else. but I'm quite sure they would have their own resting place not in a vault under Michael's resting place. I guess we will see when Catherine passes.

Showing gratitude towards Michael for all things he did for every singly member of this family, especially getting them out of Gary, is not something they even give a second thought. Their feel of self-entitlement runs too deep that they don't even recognise it if it slapped them on the face.

If there was a situation that Janet kicked the bucket and Al Mani (whatever is his name) did the same thing as Janet to MJ, such as Al Man could say it wasn't his responsibility to pay Janet's funeral, she had an insurance.
There would be no end to whining and disgust toward him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back