I’ve had it with the estate!!!

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member
Relax. You’re obviously incredibly defensive. I’ve bought their releases and went to Immortal. I’m not anti Estat

I wouldn’t call fake songs, VHS quality concerts and short films “well done, professional” projects either.

You can’t tell me these are MJ projects simply because his name has been slapped on. He had absolutely nothing to do with them.

It’s not out of the realm because of their awful business people don’t like them.
Yeah, I've supported the estate generally. I feel like people think that because certain people have said that they don't think the estate have done a good job generally that they will never support them if they think something is done well. It's fine criticise and say you don't like what they're doing/what they have done whilst still rightfully commending them when they've done something good. Obviously viewpoints will differ. I feel the whole removing all of MJ's contributions from songs and acting like they're his in marketing whilst throwing his demos on a disc badly mixed and mastered (one even in mono for no reason other than laziness) as something I'm not gonna support. Others enjoy the remixes (I have even enjoyed some of them but still generally don't support the practice.) and are happy that it gets mj more exposure. Obviously I'm happy when more people are listening to MJ. I guess I'm just not really okay with the way they go about it. Notice I haven't mentioned the fake songs up until this point because this is just something that can't be rationalised or forgot about until it's addressed and dealt with imo. Personally don't understand how one can try and act like that's something that can just be forgotten about. The estate are not this small corporation that are being beat down on by 10 users on an MJ forum.

Last edited:

lubyss

Proud Member
I think people need to chill and enjoy the music that Michael released in his lifetime.
Well... As I love MJ almost for 24 yrs... I just can´t enjoy the same music all the time for the rest of my life... there are 6 albums (approx 5 hours of listening...) 3 tours (6 hours) 30th ann (1 hour) TII (2 hours) + I´ll be generous and add another 2 hours from the Ultimate Collection... thats 7 hours of songs and another 9 hours to listen again the same songs from tours... I just can´t listen to those songs and enjoy them anymore as I did some yrs ago, that is the reason I didn´t listen to MJ almost like a year and half now... Like listen to the whole album or even a majority of it... All the same over and over again...
I am not a robot, I am human...

kai

Proud Member
Well... As I love MJ almost for 24 yrs... I just can´t enjoy the same music all the time for the rest of my life... there are 6 albums (approx 5 hours of listening...) 3 tours (6 hours) 30th ann (1 hour) TII (2 hours) + I´ll be generous and add another 2 hours from the Ultimate Collection... thats 7 hours of songs and another 9 hours to listen again the same songs from tours... I just can´t listen to those songs and enjoy them anymore as I did some yrs ago, that is the reason I didn´t listen to MJ almost like a year and half now... Like listen to the whole album or even a majority of it... All the same over and over again...

That’s an opinion of controversy 😅
For me great songs will always be great. I will always come back to listen to MJs releases.. same goes for the Beatles or ELO… or many others. I kinda get you.. I am also hungry for new Material all the time and it’s kinda sad to stuck with the albums we have.. but at the same time we would not be here to discuss without these records.. I will always come back to listen to songs like Tabloid Junkie, Stranger In Moscow or Speed Demon… no way I would not listen to those for a year.

wonderouzmj

Proud Member
Are you forgetting the entire j5/jacksons catalog with manly mj singing lead 95% on top of the many unreleased tracks, unreleased tours,, bits on shorts,interviews,documentaries,award performances, I can go & on. I yearn for new mj material especially the shorts in 4k. I understand your frustration but that's reaching a bit!

Hess

Proud Member
I still find hidden gems in the J5/The Jacksons catalog. - so many great songs, and some pure MJ. - Be not Always has always been a favorite. Pure gold - vocals are amazing. But there are so many great songs - and not only the usual suspects Can You Feel It, Blame it on the boogie, Shake your body etc. - so I would recommend everyone to pay more focus to the early MJ materiale in J5 and The Jacksons - but also MJ's solo material from before Off The Wall.

dam2040

Proud Member
I still find hidden gems in the J5/The Jacksons catalog. - so many great songs, and some pure MJ. - Be not Always has always been a favorite. Pure gold - vocals are amazing. But there are so many great songs - and not only the usual suspects Can You Feel It, Blame it on the boogie, Shake your body etc. - so I would recommend everyone to pay more focus to the early MJ materiale in J5 and The Jacksons - but also MJ's solo material from before Off The Wall.
Agree - those albums under The Jacksons banner are amazing.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I have very, very little interest in anything by the J5 or the Jacksons. Some songs here and there are great, and I like most of Triumph, but I can’t be bothered with everything else. I think being introduced to MJ first really spoiled my perspective, because I just don’t find any of the other Jackson family members or groups to be anything worthwhile.

Nite Line

Proud Member
I have very, very little interest in anything by the J5 or the Jacksons. Some songs here and there are great, and I like most of Triumph, but I can’t be bothered with everything else. I think being introduced to MJ first really spoiled my perspective, because I just don’t find any of the other Jackson family members or groups to be anything worthwhile.
There aren't many if any artist that measures up to Michael Jackson. That is bit of strange reason to not like J5/Jacksons because they don't measure up to Michael. Do you listen to any other artist besides Michael Jackson?

Nite Line

Proud Member
I hear you but you can't blame the Estate for Michael Jackson releasing very few solo albums in his life. And besides, Michael had over 20 albums released in his life if we include the Jackson 5/Jacksons and he is the lead vocalist on 95% of the J5 songs.

I understand that it gets boring to listen to same music over and over again, but ultimately the cycle of creation of new music ends with the departure of the artist from this world. I am not going to lie. I didn't even know that posthumous songs/albums were a thing until the This Is It song came out. So for me, any posthumous music is a bonus. If we get new music, I will be happy, of course, but if we don't get any new music, I am more than satisfied with the music Michael released in his lifetime.

Mikky Dee

Sunset Driver, Midnight Rider
Same. I play more Jacksons than Jackson 5, but I don't play either very often at all. There are definitely some great songs to be found by making deep cuts into all of the pre-Off The Wall albums....but a lot of the time, I just don't bother to do it. I have everything in my collection; I just continually go back to my favourites, over and over again. I am absolutely never tired or bored with Michael's music....never; but I do listen to all types of music, lots of other artists and bands.

Hess

Proud Member
The live album by The Jacksons - with some of MJ solo songs - is GREAT !!

Still a shame we only have 2 live albums of adult MJ - The Jacksons - LIVE and MJ BAD Wembley. Would like another BAD from 1st leg - totally different set-list. Also Triumph and Victory could have a live release. - But they propably don't have the audio in good quality. sad.

Nite Line

Proud Member
^Speaking of live albums, I wonder why Live In Bucharest 92 isn’t released as a live album?

HappyLeeHL

Proud Member
^Speaking of live albums, I wonder why Live In Bucharest 92 isn’t released as a live album?
Perhaps because half of the songs weren't actually sung live?

I don't think we really need a Dangerous Tour or History Tour live album. What we really need is more concert video release. If some fans love live album, we can just convert them ourselves.

Nite Line

Proud Member
Perhaps because half of the songs weren't actually sung live?

I don't think we really need a Dangerous Tour or History Tour live album. What we really need is more concert video release. If some fans love live album, we can just convert them ourselves.
Even Bad Tour Live at Wembley 88 had 4 lip-synced songs. I don’t think Dangerous Tour is like History Tour at all when it comes to live vocals.

8th wonder

Proud Member
The live album by The Jacksons - with some of MJ solo songs - is GREAT !!

Still a shame we only have 2 live albums of adult MJ - The Jacksons - LIVE and MJ BAD Wembley. Would like another BAD from 1st leg - totally different set-list. Also Triumph and Victory could have a live release. - But they propably don't have the audio in good quality. sad.
Love the Jacksons live album! Michael's live adult voice really peaked on that tour (even tho parts of the album are overdubs); sounds so full & colourful plus his belting is great. Also got an incredible band with a horn section which sound so much better than the synths they used later.

brnaryn

Proud Member
I'm not sure if the estate had any involvement but I loved the digital reissues of the Jacksons album releases.

I don't get what the estate is doing. I would have thought they'd be leading by example when it came to the posthumous releases but the Prince estate has been killing it lately. They've raised the bar that was set by the Jimi Hendrix and Tupac estates when they started dropping posthumous releases ages ago. If they claim that Michael's own demos trump most other artist's finished recordings then why aren't they releasing them? It makes no sense to me. It doesn't matter if the songs are done vocally, they could release "Faces" tomorrow and I'd bump the hell out of that song and it's essentially just a beat. It looks like lost opportunities to me.

brnaryn

Proud Member

It took me a LONG time to be introduced to J5. In hindsight I think it was a very slow transition going backwards. I'm now listening as far back as the Get It Together era when Michael's voice first matured. The music before that I don't listen to as much.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Yeah, FOH mixes are very rarely good enough to be released as live albums. Yokohama, Bucharest, every HIStory Tour show other than Munich, etc. Mixing for a concert isn’t the same as mixing for a CD.

kai

Proud Member
just had a 1 hour-talk with dieter wiesner for our germany MJ podcast.. and he said that Branca would have been never back in MJs team if he was still alive.