I’ve had it with the estate!!!

There are two main differences between Michael Jackson Estate and Prince Estate:

The first main difference is that the Prince Estate listens to fans' requests when it comes to new releases.

Prince Estate has even an on line section on their website dedicated solely to their fans' requests.

There are actually songs that Prince fans requested and these songs later got a release by the Estate.

On the other hand, John Branca clearly implied that the Michael Jackson Estate does not listen to fans' requests (like, when he forbade fans to send him e-mails for requests about new releases).

The second main difference is that right after Prince's death, courts ruled that the Prince Estate had to monetize itself because it needed funds necessary for the administration of the Estate and for the payment of the Estate taxes.

For this reason, Prince Estate immediately hired entertainment industry experts and began generating income (Paisley Park was turned into a tourist museum and people paid money for visiting it, new posthumous albums began to get a release on a frequent basis, etc).

Your first sentence summed this whole discussion up: There are two main differences between the Michael Jackson Estate and the Prince Estate.

The KEY word is : DIFFERENT. I don’t compare Michael’s Estate to any OTHER artist’s Estate, why should I compare to Prince’s Estate? It’s silly, it’s illogical because they are two DIFFERENT people. Both estates want to make money. The MJ Estate does things differently from Prince Estate and that’s good. SOME Michael fans are always complaining and whining about something, even when the Estate was releasing things. SOME fans even sabotage projects the Estate releases.. I guess these people don’t realize that anything that the Estate does has Michael’s name on it, and it reflects on MICHAEL and not the Estate when it doesn’t do well. You would think that these fans realize that; but, they don’t or don’t care about Michael. The Estate is damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

The Xscape project was wonderful, yet you had whiners complaining about it and sabotaging Sales. The bottomline is if YOU don’t want to purchase a project, then DON’T. Stop trying to mess it up for Michael and his other fans who WANT to support him and it.

Finally, stop coming to a Michael Jackson Forum COMPARING the MJ Estate to the Prince Estate. THEY( Prince fans)
would never allow this on their forum. WHY is this allowed on an MJ forum. If we aren’t comparing Elvis, David Bowie, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, George Michael, Whitney Houston’s Estates to Michael’s Estate, then we damn well don’t need to compare it to Prince’s. I’m sick of it.🤨 Rant Over.😎

Last edited:
Your first sentence summed this whole discussion up: There are two main differences between the Michael Jackson Estate and the Prince Estate.

The KEY word is : DIFFERENT. I don’t compare Michael’s Estate to any OTHER artist’s Estate, why should I compare to Prince’s Estate? It’s silly, it’s illogical because they are two DIFFERENT people. Both estates want to make money. The MJ Estate does things differently from Prince Estate and that’s good. SOME Michael fans are always complaining and whining about something, even when the Estate was releasing things. SOME fans even sabotage projects the Estate releases.. I guess these people don’t realize that anything that the Estate does has Michael’s name on it, and it reflects on MICHAEL and not the Estate when it doesn’t do well. You would think that these fans realize that; but, they don’t or don’t care about Michael. The Estate is damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

The Xscape project was wonderful, yet you had whiners complaining about it and sabotaging Sales. The bottomline is if YOU don’t want to purchase a project, then DON’T. Stop trying to mess it up for Michael and his other fans who WANT to support him and it.

Finally, stop coming to a Michael Jackson Forum COMPARING the MJ Estate to the Prince Estate. THEY( Prince fans)
would never allow this on their forum. WHY is this allowed on an MJ forum. If we aren’t comparing Elvis, David Bowie, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, George Michael, Whitney Houston’s Estates to Michael’s Estate, then we damn well don’t need to compare it to Prince’s. I’m sick of it.🤨 Rant Over.😎
They forever set the tone for themselves by releasing an album with fake vocals.

They forever set the tone for themselves by releasing an album with fake vocals.
They should never have done that. However, that has nothing to do with the Xscape project, Immortal Tour, ONE show in Vegas, upcoming MJ Musical, etc. I’m not going to FOREVER complain, whine or SABOTAGE other projects because of that one @#$& up. I dare any other Estate to go through what Michael’s Estate has legally and SURVIVE and PROSPER. I’m not excusing that one @#$% up; however, I’m not going to spend my fandom bringing it up, either.

They should never have done that. However, that has nothing to do with the Xscape project, Immortal Tour, ONE show in Vegas, upcoming MJ Musical, etc. I’m not going to FOREVER complain, whine or SABOTAGE other projects because of that one @#$& up.
No, but you have to understand that some people will never support anything they do as a result of those fake songs - which they still continue to make money from.

No, but you have to understand that some people will never support anything they do as a result of those fake songs - which they still continue to make money from.

Those people need to leave the fandom, IF they will never support any Michael project. It’s insulting and naive to say you are a Michael Jackson fan and don’t support his music or projects. How does that make any sense? Some of you act as if this is the John Branca/John McClain Estate. Notice that I added John McClain’s name because he is a CO-Executor. Some of you CONVENIENTLY forget that FACT. This is the MICHAEL JACKSON ESTATE. The money they make are for Michael’s children. Of course, they get their executor fees, they are SUPPOSED to. Do you think executors of other estates are doing it for free?

Those people need to leave the fandom, IF they will never support any Michael project. It’s insulting and naive to say you are a Michael Jackson fan and don’t support his music or projects. How does that make any sense? Some of you act as if this is the John Branca/John McClain Estate. Notice that I added John McClain’s name because he is a CO-Executor. Some of you CONVENIENTLY forget that FACT. This is the MICHAEL JACKSON ESTATE. The money they make are for Michael’s children. Of course, they get their executor fees, they are SUPPOSED to. Do you think executors of other estates are doing it for free?
They have supported Michael Jackson projects.

One, Immortal, Xscape, Vision etc etc are NOT Michael Jackson projects.

They have supported Michael Jackson projects.

One, Immortal, Xscape, Vision etc etc are NOT Michael Jackson projects.
What do you call projects from the MICHAEL JACKSON Estate? Those projects were/are well done, professional, added to Michael’s LEGACY and gained MILLIONS of new fans. THAT’S what an Estate does. Although I will appreciate more musical output, I Thank God for those projects released in Michael’s name. YES, these ARE Michael Jackson projects since he is no longer living to do it himself. Btw, I wonder if you would say the same thing if ANOTHER artist Estate had released the same projects? Of course not.

f7e5edd47ceb9ca70c19da315fa21ccd.gif

^This. When some people here talk about how great the estates "business" strategy is I just get reminded how they are still actively selling fake MJ songs. If they had even pulled them thats one thing but they haven't. What other estate has done this?? They know MJs name $$ regardless. They barely have to put any effort into releases because its MJ. If they actually release a quality product in the future I will support it but I and many here won't forget either.

Not a good argument because the Bad Tour campaign started in fu**ing 2005 if I remember right!
“The campaign started during Michael’s lifetime; the Estate just fulfilled it. It doesn’t count!”

Seriously? This is what I’m talking about lmfao, some people look for any reason to not give the MJE any due credit. Wembley was a very mixed project, but they outright told us it was between that and Yokohama. I’d take a VHS tape over that overplayed concert any day.

Not a good argument because the Bad Tour campaign started in fu**ing 2005 if I remember right!
Yeah the Wembley campaign started around the time I was delving deep into the MJ fan community as a youngster. I remember when I first saw the campaign. The only reason the Estate released that concert was because of that campaign existing before MJ's death. If that campaign had started post June 25th,2009 it absolutely would have never been released as fast as it was.

Last edited:
What do you call projects from the MICHAEL JACKSON Estate? Those projects were/are well done, professional, added to Michael’s LEGACY and gained MILLIONS of new fans. THAT’S what an Estate does. Although I will appreciate more musical output, I Thank God for those projects released in Michael’s name. YES, these ARE Michael Jackson projects since he is no longer living to do it himself. Btw, I wonder if you would say the same thing if ANOTHER artist Estate had released the same projects? Of course not.
Relax. You’re obviously incredibly defensive. I’ve bought their releases and went to Immortal. I’m not anti Estat

I wouldn’t call fake songs, VHS quality concerts and short films “well done, professional” projects either.

You can’t tell me these are MJ projects simply because his name has been slapped on. He had absolutely nothing to do with them.

It’s not out of the realm because of their awful business people don’t like them.

Relax. You’re obviously incredibly defensive. I’ve bought their releases and went to Immortal. I’m not anti Estat

I wouldn’t call fake songs, VHS quality concerts and short films “well done, professional” projects either.

You can’t tell me these are MJ projects simply because his name has been slapped on. He had absolutely nothing to do with them.

It’s not out of the realm because of their awful business people don’t like them.
⬆️ exactly this.
0912f2e1f56c84eec6eb2c45d9b05498.png

Last edited:

Yeah, I've supported the estate generally. I feel like people think that because certain people have said that they don't think the estate have done a good job generally that they will never support them if they think something is done well. It's fine criticise and say you don't like what they're doing/what they have done whilst still rightfully commending them when they've done something good. Obviously viewpoints will differ. I feel the whole removing all of MJ's contributions from songs and acting like they're his in marketing whilst throwing his demos on a disc badly mixed and mastered (one even in mono for no reason other than laziness) as something I'm not gonna support. Others enjoy the remixes (I have even enjoyed some of them but still generally don't support the practice.) and are happy that it gets mj more exposure. Obviously I'm happy when more people are listening to MJ. I guess I'm just not really okay with the way they go about it. Notice I haven't mentioned the fake songs up until this point because this is just something that can't be rationalised or forgot about until it's addressed and dealt with imo. Personally don't understand how one can try and act like that's something that can just be forgotten about. The estate are not this small corporation that are being beat down on by 10 users on an MJ forum.

Last edited:
I think people need to chill and enjoy the music that Michael released in his lifetime.
Well... As I love MJ almost for 24 yrs... I just can´t enjoy the same music all the time for the rest of my life... there are 6 albums (approx 5 hours of listening...) 3 tours (6 hours) 30th ann (1 hour) TII (2 hours) + I´ll be generous and add another 2 hours from the Ultimate Collection... thats 7 hours of songs and another 9 hours to listen again the same songs from tours... I just can´t listen to those songs and enjoy them anymore as I did some yrs ago, that is the reason I didn´t listen to MJ almost like a year and half now... Like listen to the whole album or even a majority of it... All the same over and over again...
I am not a robot, I am human...

Well... As I love MJ almost for 24 yrs... I just can´t enjoy the same music all the time for the rest of my life... there are 6 albums (approx 5 hours of listening...) 3 tours (6 hours) 30th ann (1 hour) TII (2 hours) + I´ll be generous and add another 2 hours from the Ultimate Collection... thats 7 hours of songs and another 9 hours to listen again the same songs from tours... I just can´t listen to those songs and enjoy them anymore as I did some yrs ago, that is the reason I didn´t listen to MJ almost like a year and half now... Like listen to the whole album or even a majority of it... All the same over and over again...

That’s an opinion of controversy 😅
For me great songs will always be great. I will always come back to listen to MJs releases.. same goes for the Beatles or ELO… or many others. I kinda get you.. I am also hungry for new Material all the time and it’s kinda sad to stuck with the albums we have.. but at the same time we would not be here to discuss without these records.. I will always come back to listen to songs like Tabloid Junkie, Stranger In Moscow or Speed Demon… no way I would not listen to those for a year.

Are you forgetting the entire j5/jacksons catalog with manly mj singing lead 95% on top of the many unreleased tracks, unreleased tours,, bits on shorts,interviews,documentaries,award performances, I can go & on. I yearn for new mj material especially the shorts in 4k. I understand your frustration but that's reaching a bit!

I still find hidden gems in the J5/The Jacksons catalog. - so many great songs, and some pure MJ. - Be not Always has always been a favorite. Pure gold - vocals are amazing. But there are so many great songs - and not only the usual suspects Can You Feel It, Blame it on the boogie, Shake your body etc. - so I would recommend everyone to pay more focus to the early MJ materiale in J5 and The Jacksons - but also MJ's solo material from before Off The Wall.

I still find hidden gems in the J5/The Jacksons catalog. - so many great songs, and some pure MJ. - Be not Always has always been a favorite. Pure gold - vocals are amazing. But there are so many great songs - and not only the usual suspects Can You Feel It, Blame it on the boogie, Shake your body etc. - so I would recommend everyone to pay more focus to the early MJ materiale in J5 and The Jacksons - but also MJ's solo material from before Off The Wall.
Agree - those albums under The Jacksons banner are amazing.

I have very, very little interest in anything by the J5 or the Jacksons. Some songs here and there are great, and I like most of Triumph, but I can’t be bothered with everything else. I think being introduced to MJ first really spoiled my perspective, because I just don’t find any of the other Jackson family members or groups to be anything worthwhile.

I have very, very little interest in anything by the J5 or the Jacksons. Some songs here and there are great, and I like most of Triumph, but I can’t be bothered with everything else. I think being introduced to MJ first really spoiled my perspective, because I just don’t find any of the other Jackson family members or groups to be anything worthwhile.
There aren't many if any artist that measures up to Michael Jackson. That is bit of strange reason to not like J5/Jacksons because they don't measure up to Michael. Do you listen to any other artist besides Michael Jackson?

I hear you but you can't blame the Estate for Michael Jackson releasing very few solo albums in his life. And besides, Michael had over 20 albums released in his life if we include the Jackson 5/Jacksons and he is the lead vocalist on 95% of the J5 songs.

I understand that it gets boring to listen to same music over and over again, but ultimately the cycle of creation of new music ends with the departure of the artist from this world. I am not going to lie. I didn't even know that posthumous songs/albums were a thing until the This Is It song came out. So for me, any posthumous music is a bonus. If we get new music, I will be happy, of course, but if we don't get any new music, I am more than satisfied with the music Michael released in his lifetime.

Same. I play more Jacksons than Jackson 5, but I don't play either very often at all. There are definitely some great songs to be found by making deep cuts into all of the pre-Off The Wall albums....but a lot of the time, I just don't bother to do it. I have everything in my collection; I just continually go back to my favourites, over and over again. I am absolutely never tired or bored with Michael's music....never; but I do listen to all types of music, lots of other artists and bands.

The live album by The Jacksons - with some of MJ solo songs - is GREAT !!

Still a shame we only have 2 live albums of adult MJ - The Jacksons - LIVE and MJ BAD Wembley. Would like another BAD from 1st leg - totally different set-list. Also Triumph and Victory could have a live release. - But they propably don't have the audio in good quality. sad.

Back