Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
Well anybody who knows their Jackson family history would not be surprised by the fact they can't all agree and the whole chaotic nature of how they are going about this.

I don't understand Cardiff?? Michael did play at the original stadium but thats about it.

What has surprised and angered me is the timing, I cannot believe that in the middle of the trial (or any part of it) KJ, some of the siblings and possibly the children are going to leave the US travel to the UK and enjoy a concert. What message does that give out?

Michael is worth so much more than all of this and deserves a tribute concert befitting to our beloved. I don't think this will be that.

The fact that they had to put out that FAQ SHEET, is very embarrassing and speaks volumes, in my opinion.

I mean, seriously, what concert promoter ever had to put out such a thing?

AND, Global Live having the nerve to say that they are not releasing any names of the performers because they are building excitement, is a bunch of mularkey. LOL!

Ain't nobody paying attention to this mess aside from us. The media certain isn't buzzing around trying to find out any additional information. Who do they think they are kidding!

Hmm, I wonder if they'll announce anything worthwhile on Wednesday...

Well anybody who knows their Jackson family history would not be surprised by the fact they can't all agree and the whole chaotic nature of how they are going about this.

I don't understand Cardiff?? Michael did play at the original stadium but thats about it.

What has surprised and angered me is the timing, I cannot believe that in the middle of the trial (or any part of it) KJ, some of the siblings and possibly the children are going to leave the US travel to the UK and enjoy a concert. What message does that give out?

Michael is worth so much more than all of this and deserves a tribute concert befitting to our beloved. I don't think this will be that.

What kind of message is that going to give the jury. Looking around the court room and his Mom is not there? Not good

Why is the Wednesday press conference in London?

Prob to try and get more media attention.the uk press tend to ignore anything that doesnt happen in london or the south

the company was set up in bristol which is near to cardiff they want to make as much money as poss so want it at a stadium.the one in cardiff is the only one in the uk with a roof.

In my opinion, on Wednesday, Global Live will announce ALL of the Jackson family members who will be performing. LOL!

Oh lord! I wonder thought if the name LaToya will be one of the featured artist?....lol. I for one don't anticipate any major acts being in this lineup. We'll see though on Wednesday.

Bottomline, the Jackson family needs to realise that Michael Jackson fans are just that, Michael Jackson fans......and not theirs!

Absolutely. But it depends on how many people will register to get tickets...

Well, one feature of the stadium seems to be that it can be divided off to make a smaller space if needed........

I just hope that the press don't conclude that the 'fans are not interested in a tribute to Michael' if ticket sales are low. That would affect not just this concert but potentially anyone thinking of putting on a tribute concert at a more appropriate time.

I just hope that the press don't conclude that the 'fans are not interested in a tribute to Michael' if ticket sales are low.

I'm not worried about that so far. If you look at the headlines of the (very) few papers that wrote about it, it's only about the ticketing system causing fan anger. There's nothing about Michael.

Well, one feature of the stadium seems to be that it can be divided off to make a smaller space if needed........

I just hope that the press don't conclude that the 'fans are not interested in a tribute to Michael' if ticket sales are low. That would affect not just this concert but potentially anyone thinking of putting on a tribute concert at a more appropriate time.

the stadium is just a normal stadium.i cant be divded off. Or divded off any differently than any other stadium.the only difference is it has a roof

There is some crossover within the fanbase. For example, my mom is both a Jackson and Michael fan. The same goes with many people within my family. The problem is that allot of Jackson's fans, from what I can tell, are not concert goers. They are not willing to travel oversees to listen to music because they tend to be a much older audience, btw 40 to 60. Really, it people my age, mid to early 20s, who grew up with Michael during the 80s who tend to be hardcore and/or only Michael fans.

They problem is not the crossover of fans, but the fact that the Jacksons has no public trust. Much like Jermaine when it came to all his reunion announcement. Fans and the public don't see this tribute happening so they don't bother to find out more information. If the Jacksons had a better track record with this kind of stuff, regardless about how greedy they act, they would of have a better response. The ticket system, of course, doesn't help.

The fact that they needed to put an FAQ is a joke in itself. Since when has a concert needed an FAQ? That's embarrassing.

If my son/brother had been taken away at the hands of another there is NOTHING that could keep me away from that courtroom. I would want that lowlife doctor to see exactly what he's done. Maybe it's unfair to expect everyone to react the same as I myself would. I'm not sure, but personally I think it's just crass and highly inappropriate.

When I think about it, I wonder if I would have the courage to be in that courtroom every day. Not because of CM, but hearing the details of what happened that morning devastates me beyond anything I would have imagined. But I certainly would not be in the mood to organize a concert. I dont see how you can imagine a tribute when justice has not been done.

But hey, that's me.

Paul McCartney is here in Chicago doing 2 concerts at Wrigley Field. They are saying it is amazing!

Hey MJ estate, do a tribute here!!!:D

the stadium is just a normal stadium.i cant be divded off. Or divded off any differently than any other stadium.the only difference is it has a roof

Oh, well I don't understand why they would have pictures of it 'divided up' on the Cardiff Millennium Stadium website?

The website says it has an 'arena partition drape' system and it looks like this: Is the website wrong? I've never been to the stadium so I'm only going on the information online.
The pictures appear in 'Galleries' on the website - re. Multiple configurations.

http://www.millenniumstadium.com/information/20937.php

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/807/xcardiffdrapeparion1.jpg/][/URL]

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/xcardiffdrapeparion2.jpg/][/URL]

Last edited:
Yeah they can put a curtain up same as any venue but i thought u ment partitoned structually ie different venues in one as in the millenium centre that some wrongly thought was the same venue as the stadium.

Last edited:
The press conference tomorrow will be at 18:00 (British time). -It's at the same time as the last press conference (10:00 LA time).

I haven't 'registered my interest' in this tribute concert. I would love the idea of having a massive tribute concert for Michael Jackson where ticket sales can actually go to charities that he was passionate about. I imagine it would feature amazing performances whether it be good performers/singers/popstars or performances from groups around the world that were inspired by his life. I would imagine this event to be on the same scale as the Freddy Mercury tribute concert. Announcements could be made about fan movements ie. the different projects that have started in order to continue his legacy and announcements about how well they are doing and how to get involved. Anyway,that is what I would imagine for a Michael Jackson tribute..what has actually been announced in my opinion is very ill timed and is not being organized or imagined on the scale that it should be. I found the comment about 'only the jackson family members who are 'available' will actually attend' very strange. If you have a concert for your brother you would make every effort to attend. That just shows that this isn't going to be the correct time to have a celebration of your brothers life nevermind if your brother is Michael Jackson. The fact that the trial is taking place at the same time shows that the families focus will not fully be on the trial which might mean that some oversights take place..I just think it would be better to have the whole family there,more eyes and ears can only be a good thing to make sure everything in regards to the trial goes as it should do. As for what I read on the official website about the tickets and the faq that has been released..it looked like they were pulling a fast one where the people who stated they would donate the most would get a ticket and those who don't donate as much would get poorer tickets or none at all...it looks like they had to release the faq to clear that up too...but I don't trust the organizers. I don't trust that the correct percentage will go to charity rather than a crook around the family such as Howard Mann.

I will follow the progress of this tribute..I still wonder if it will happen with the rights to the Michael Jackson name being an issue. I'm interested to hear who the line-up are so I will definitely be checking back tomorrow but I won't be in any rush to buy a ticket

Where did it say they would anounce the performers tom? I saw they said there would be a p.c tom but didnt read anything about what would be said

I read post 397...Ben had said that they had said they would be releasing the line-up on the 3rd

Back