Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
This should never of got this far.
A tribute should of been organised by the estate a long time ago, now I feel this kind of tribute where so much is uncertain is the completely the wrong way about it. I just hope I am proved wrong about this whole concert. What with the estate not willing to lend support or allow them to use Michaels name or material, this looks like it can only go one way...

Michael Jackson means the world to alot of fans across the globe I just hope that it is a concert fit for a king and doesnt turn out to be a farce.

However the whole 'the higher to donation the best chance of getting a ticket' is absolutely ridiculous!
Michael showed the world no matter what you have money or material wise, should not stop you from getting a chance at ANYTHING in life
So putting a statement like that on their website is stupid!
plus the situation where you don't find out if you have or havent got a ticket until 7 days (or whatever) before the concert is disrepectful for people who would like to travel from other parts of the UK not forgetting 'the world'!

Personally I would like to attend the concert because afterall it could be a event of a lifetime, however it could also turn out to be a complete and utter discrace, i'm undecided to what to to do at this stage...

Last edited:
I doubt they will even get 75k applications.let alone ppl having to wait for a few days before the show to see if they have tiks.the will be giving them away

I doubt they will even get 75k applications.let alone ppl having to wait for a few days before the show to see if they have tiks.the will be giving them away

I agree...and especially for UK /European fans who may be staying up half the night to listen to trial webcasts from the USA, and listening to a probable torrent of half truths and devious defence...they aren't going to be in the mood to wave their hands in the air and sing along to a happy tune!

I agree...and especially for UK /European fans who may be staying up half the night to listen to trial webcasts from the USA, and listening to a probable torrent of half truths and devious defence...they aren't going to be in the mood to wave their hands in the air and sing along to a happy tune!

You got that right.
Hearing again and again the reports of the last hours of Michael's life doesnt put me in the mood.

wow this whole thing is just one big mess. I agree with those that say THIS is no time to try and have a tribute concert...MJ fans want justice...not a tribute concert..especially with all of the details the way they are laying them out. Makes me feel like MJ is being sold to the highest bidder. This family has no idea what they are doing....maybe the right heart...but definitely the wrong way. I dont know what to say anymore...just dont.

so how does this work. do you have to buy ticket then on top of that donate as well or it gets taken out of the ticket.
i really want to go want to wait for line up. why dont some with issues contact them and express your issues

Even if it does go ahead I have this awful feeling that after 'expenses' have been taken from whatever they make there will only be a derisory amount left. Hate being this cynical but can't help it.

thanxs gonna wait for line up if madonna is one of them welll defo
I seriously doubt Madonna would allow herself to be mix-up in this madness (and neither would her management team).

I just have a feeling that once the GALAXY OF INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTARS find out that the Estate Of Michael Jackson is not involved, they will all run in the opposite direction.

I also believe if they had somebody as big as Madonna, they would have IMMEDIATELY been screaming it from the rooftops. LOL! It makes better press, compared to what's circulating out there now, in my opinion.

I seriously doubt Madonna would allow herself to be mix-up in this madness (and neither would her management team).

I just have a feeling that once the GALAXY OF INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTARS find out that the Estate Of Michael Jackson is not involved, they will all run in the opposite direction.

I also believe if they had somebody as big as Madonna, they would have IMMEDIATELY been screaming it from the rooftops. LOL! It makes better press, compared to what's circulating out there now, in my opinion.
not nessarly plus madonna did her own tribute to michael. they might of asked her we dont know yet plus it will make better press when line up

ivy;3445287 could be but I think it should have been delayed. I don't believe for a second and here's why thegirlwasbad Slave to the Rhythm lol Jermaine and Randy want no part of this tribute because they won't see any money from it. 25 Jul in reply to @thegirlwasbad ↑ @jermjackson5 [COLOR="red" said:
Jermaine Jackson [/COLOR]
@thegirlwasbad actually, we were offered good money to participate in tribute concert. we declined. it's not about the money

Jermaine confirmed that they are offered "good money".

I know, that´s why I wrote it´s just what I´ve been told, doesn´t mean I believe it, which I don´t. And I too think the timing is bad and that they could move it.

not nessarly plus madonna did her own tribute to michael. they might of asked her we dont know yet plus it will make better press when line up
Madonna did her tribute on MTV. A well established entity, whom she has year's of history with. Not some unknown promoter, who nobody has ever heard of before.

The way you buy a ticket for this event, along with the "pledging" of a separate donation is enough for Madonna to run for the hills. LOL!

I'm sure Global Live will "attempt" to ask as many A-Listers as possible, that doesn't mean they will respond. Remember what happened when Jermaine attempted to do a tribute?

Last edited:
Alot of fans seem to have alot of disrespect for MJ's family. I wonder how he would feel if he could see some of these posts?

I wonder how he would feel if he could see their actions from 09 to now.

Personally, I think that would break his heart, so I won't sugarcoat their actions - not at all.

This f*ckery has gone on for too long, they need to sort it out. Because right now, I hate to say it but they're just making a mockery of everything to do with Michael. I'm dumbfounded that not one of them can do something to stop the constant madness. Damage control doesn't have a patch on the Jacksons, thats for sure.

What about Janet ?
If she will not appear it will a flop.
even if Janet participates it will be a flop....I personally dont know of ANY MJ fans that are goiing to go to this ..IF it becomes reality. They are more interested in the trial than a tribute put on by the greedy Jacksons

What about Janet ?
If she will not appear it will a flop.

Like her tour.

Janet is not big anymore.

I am not surprised or wouldnt be... if the tribute gig was a flop...

Most of the MJ fans are negative/have negative attitude towards the Jacksons, and any project of the Jacksons is doomed to... failure/fiasco...

Why?

Lord...some fans need to get their heads out of the clouds!!! If some can be so gullible, then hell, let me throw my hat in the ring, I need some more money too, donate to me, as my name will be on the ticket, and Navi will perform as one of the "galaxy of superstars"! Some people have my sympathy and pity, because the elevator didn't go all the way to the top, but got stuck somewhere between floors...smdh

I also have a strong feeling that this will be another cancelled concert!!!!

I won't go to that concert either but I am curious about who will participate on it...

I don't understand why you need to buy ticket plus make a donation and then you have to wait and see if you actually get the ticket. That's not right and I don't think Michael would want that for his fans. Buying the ticket should be enough.

Maybe when Prince, Paris and Blanket are older they can put on a tribute concert with the help of the estate just like Harry and William did for their mother on the 10th anniversary of her death. A real tribute to Michael would be to donate to charities he believed in, helping people quietly and be kind to people. Take care of each other. Spike Lee is doing a triute for his birthday again and I think it's free and celebrates Michael.

Ben;3445191 said:
Anger at Michael Jackson tribute concert ticketing system

PB250711JACKSON-130.jpg
Fans hoping to go to the Michael Jackson tribute concert will be picked by the amount of money they donate to charity on top of the ticket price.
Chris Hunt, boss of gig organisers Global Live Events, told CNN profits from the October 8 Michael Forever show would go to charities in the United States and Britain. These are The Prince’s Trust, Aids Project Los Angeles and a cancer charity.
But fans logging on to buy tickets, which will not be available until August 4, are told: “Choose your ticket price and tell us how much you will give to the charities at the time of purchase.
“Remember the more you pledge to charity, the more chance you have of getting a ticket.
“Tickets will range from £55 to £289 plus shipping. The amount of your pledge is up to you.”
Jacko fan Daniel Robertson, from Cardiff, was appalled. The 32-year-old and his wife Ceri want five tickets for themselves and their three children.
The British Gas worker, of Mynachdy Road, Gabalfa, said: “It’s going to be like a lottery for the rich for myself and my family because the ticket prices are really high.
“They are steep ticket prices regardless, and then you have to donate to charity.
“I do a lot of work for the MS Society but it is wrong that you should be considered by the amount of money you can give to charity.”
On the concert’s Facebook page Caroline Rowley, who also lives in Cardiff, said: “What an utter disgrace. Choose what price you want to pay and then donate to a charity?
“The more you donate the more you stand to get a ticket? Disgusting.”
Mayah Thomas said: “Makes no sense does it?”
Jackie Segers claimed donations should go to Africa “to honour Michael”.
“I’ll gladly donate then, even if I can’t attend,” she said.
Ben Baggins expressed her “deepest and most sincere indifference”.
“I give my money directly to charities,” she added.
Natascha Derycke branded the affair “so sad”.
The Echo contacted Global Live and was referred to PR company Franklin Rae.
A spokeswoman claimed she was not aware of the situation and was unable to comment.
The Millennium Stadium is owned by the WRU.
A spokesman said: “We will, as usual, ensure that all ticket distribution complies with the stadium’s obligations.”
He insisted the company only provided the venue, adding: “We will ensure that the promoter is aware of any concerns raised in relation to the sale and distribution of tickets to the concert.”

http://yourcardiff.walesonline.co.u...ael-jackson-tribute-concert-ticketing-system/

Wow. It's deja vu all over again.

Another year, another King of Pop tribute in jeopardy: Michael Jackson's estate, brothers won't support latest effort

After a sad, strange turn of divisive events for the Jackson family, Michael Jackson fans will likely be left waiting once again for their thriller of a tribute concert to take shape: Michael Jackson’s estate management has released a statement denying their support for an MJ tribute concert that was supposedly in the works.

In a news conference Monday, Jackson’s siblings Marlon, LaToya and Tito had, along with their mother Katherine, announced an Oct. 8 tribute event to be held in Cardiff, Wales, called “Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert.” But just hours after the press conference, according to the New York Times, representatives from Jackson’s estate announced they had never authorized the use of Jackson’s name for the concert.

A second blow to the tribute effort arrived when Michael Jackson’s brothers Jermaine and Randy stepped up to say they would not support the event because of its date—uncomfortably, the concert would occur during the criminal trial of Jackson’s doctor, Conrad Murray, who is charged with involuntary manslaughter in his death. The brothers said in a statement that while they wholeheartedly support the idea of it, “We feel that the most important tribute we can give to our brother at this time is to seek justice in his name.”

Sadly, this wouldn’t be the first time a Michael Jackson tribute concert has been announced then sent back to the drawing board. The King of Pop’s family had a run-in with actual blood nobility in August 2009, just weeks after Jackson’s death, when Austrian concert promoters publicly announced that a tribute concert would be held that fall in Vienna at the at the palace home of the Austrian royal family. British news outlet The Daily Telegraph reported that the promoters had hinted at a star-studded lineup including the likes of Madonna, U2, Whitney Houston and Lionel Richie. But after supposed headliners Mary J. Blige and Chris Brown pulled out of the lineup— to the chagrin of incensed ticketholders — the concert was first postponed and then, bizarrely, never materialized.

With this latest development in the Jackson family’s troubled saga, will this latest effort at a King of Pop tribute actually emerge? Weigh in, Music Mix fans. Will Michael’s legendary contributions to pop music finally get the commemoration they deserve?

http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/07/26/michael-jackson-tribute-concert-wales/

Back