Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
All I know and care is that they scheduled it during the Conrad Murray trial.

October 8 - that's around the verdict in the Murray trial. smdh

no worse I think. isn't the jury selection september 7-8 and the opening statements is september 20? they said 6 weeks for the trial. So it will be right in the middle of the trial.

I guess they hope the uk fans will attend this.bizarre choice why cardiff why the uk.well i know why cause they think we will attend cause its in mjs name.so wont be able to resist.i see another mess coming.

The millenium stadium is a great newish stadium.has a retractable roof.holds around 80000 been a couple of times.and i was born a couple of miles away from it.

Did a search on the promoters the other day couldnt find much on them

nice to see they will be in cardiff instead of in court.

Global live events has a website presuming its them but it doest work

this is global live events webpage. it works for me that's where I got the link to MJ tribute website. http://www.globalliveeventsuk.com/

I'm looking to the ticket registration page and it's quite interesting

"chose your ticket price and tell us how much you'll give to the charities at the time of your purchase.
Remember the more you pledge to charity , the more chance you have of getting a ticket.
The tickets range from £55 to £289. The amount of your pledge is up to you"

so is the total cost ticket price + charity donation and the charities cut doesn't come from the ticket price? How nice.

28p7qo.jpg

What a tactless family for selecting that particular date smack dabbed right in the middle of the trial. Apparently, money is more important to them than justice for their son/brother.

If anyone is planning to get tickets, I plead you to think twice. This is just another money grubbing scheme, and should be shunned for being held during the trial. Just like Jermaine's book. His family has no shame, and I'm embarrassed for Michael and his children.
And with no 'big name artists' still announced, you have no idea what you are paying for. It might turn out to be Jermaine doing his frog impersonation again, or worse it may never happen like the Vienna tribute.

Ivy can you give the link again? It doesn`t go.

So the full ticket price goes to the jacksons and u decide on a donation amount to the charites?

What a scam but oh so nicely worded!

ivy;3443858 said:
this is global live events webpage. it works for me that's where I got the link to MJ tribute website. http://www.globalliveeventsuk.com/

I'm looking to the ticket registration page and it's quite interesting

"chose your ticket price and tell us how much you'll give to the charities at the time of your purchase.
Remember the more you pledge to charity , the more chance you have of getting a ticket.
The tickets range from £55 to £289. The amount of your pledge is up to you"

so is the total cost ticket price + charity donation and the charities cut doesn't come from the ticket price? How nice.

28p7qo.jpg

Michael's got Scum for family. Even this charity money may end up in the wrong pockets when all is said and done.

Thanks for the link ivy i was looking at global live events .com. So they are a uk company.ive never heard of them.they claim to have worked with mj before in the abouts us section.unless they are talking about this show

Re: Michael Jackson family to announce at Press conference 'thriller' of concert tribute

They can go to hell! They don't respect neither Michael nor his children! I'm ashamed that he is related to this shameful family!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

What Charity is Prince`s trust. Does it mean it goes to Michael`s son?

What Charity is Prince`s trust. Does it mean it goes to Michael`s son?

I think it's Prince Charles's Charity. Isn't he the prince of wales? UK peeps can help with it.

Yeah prince charles.its very well known

and u think they would get the date right interms of its marketed at the uk market it should be 08.10.11

Michael Jackson's family plans tribute concert
By Alan Duke, CNN
July 25, 2011 10:48 a.m. EDT

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's mother and four of her of children called a news conference in Beverly Hills on Monday to announce a concert "in honor of one of the greatest and most loved entertainers of our time."

While a news release avoided using Michael Jackson's name, the website of the company that issued it promoted a "Michael Forever The Tribute Concert."

Executors for the late pop singer's estate were unaware of the planned tribute and have not been approached to authorize the use of his name, estate spokesman Jim Bates told CNN on Monday.

The show, which is to be produced in London by a British company, will "feature the world's most amazing music performers," the release said. Some of them will presumably be revealed at the news conference at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Monday.

Along with matriarch Katherine Jackson, brothers Marlon, Tito and Jackie, and sister La Toya Jackson were scheduled to attend the announcement, the release said.

The brothers recently began planning for a possible Jackson reunion show, Jermaine Jackson told CNN last month.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/25/jackson.tribute.concert/

Executors for the late pop singer's estate were unaware of the planned tribute and have not been approached to authorize the use of his name, estate spokesman Jim Bates told CNN on Monday.

Not surprised at all that they never told the estate...I wonder if they will put the Kibosh on it.

edit 2: the website works again but there are minor changes to it. It seems like they are tweaking the website

Did they tweak the part wherein the ticket price and the charity donation are TWO separate entities? Or does that part remain the same.

^^
It was the same. now the website is down again.

So from the press-conference itself there are no info`s? What did Kathrine say?

COMING UP: Jackson Family News conference announcing a live tribute
concert via @CBSnews. Live at 10am PT. http://t.co/eORmHrK

press conference is in a hour, can someone watch it and make a summary. I have to run out.

^I'd appreciate a summary too. Ima bout to zonk out Zzzzzz....

Well I won't be buying anything if they don't announce the performers. The family's reputation (particularly JErmaine's) isn't very good with this sort of thing. I don't want to see the usual suspects pushed onto the stage (e.g. Smokey Robinson, Liza Minelli etc). This concert will only succeed IF they secure the big acts of today. Anything else will be a laughing stock. Also, I'm not sure I want to travel to Cardiff. London yes, Cardiff probably not.

p.s. do you think the UK news networks will show this live?

maybe TMZ will stream it live, I don't see big networks as CNN showing this utter nonsense live. This is not Michael giving a press conference but his long forgotten family trying to make a few bucks off his corpse.

True. Also, Amy Winehouse's death is big news in the UK so any press conference coverage will be limited IMO.

Back