Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
Re: Michael Jackson family to announce at Press conference 'thriller' of concert tribute

It is sad but I am at the point where whenever I see a project with Katherine and Joe names the word trouble comes to mind.

Re: Michael Jackson family to announce at Press conference 'thriller' of concert tribute

"ugh" was my first response to this thread, we've heard this all before surely with Jermaine touting a show in Vienna. In order for this to be a success it cannot be endorsed by the Heal the World Foundation and Howard Mann but needs to be endorsed by the real Estate. I know I won't be happy to give any money for a ticket if I know that behind the scenes everything is disorganized and theres a chance the majority of the money won't go to charity and theres the possibility it will be a complete shambles. Michael Jackson deserves a much better tribute than that. Imagine how much money could be raised via a Michael Jackson tribute show if it was done correctly. This is something that can't be organised in an instant. You could also call it a case of bad timing, like someone else said here,surely the trial should come first and foremost. The tribute can take place after.

I like the Jackson family,I don't want this to be an attack on them but I just don't like and can't understand them when they act like this.

It is just beyond a joke,no wonder he hated his family. Even if it does go ahead (not likely) I just pray I don't hear Jermaine's Smile. It is DREADFUL!

Michael Jackson Show Will Be Global Smash, Say Promoters

The proposed Michael Jackson tribute concert will feature a galaxy of international superstars and will "touch the hearts of millions" around the world, according to organisers.

The King of Pop's mother Katherine and his siblings Marlon, Tito, Jackie and La Toya are working with officials at promotion company Global Live Events to stage a spectacular show in honour of the late star.

Details of the concert, which will benefit charities in the U.S. and the U.K., will be revealed at a special press conference in Los Angeles on Monday (25Jul11), but the promoters are certain the event will be a global smash.

A spokeswoman for Global Live Events says, "(It) will feature the world's most amazing music performers and be in honour of one of the greatest and best-loved entertainers of our time. This spectacular event will touch the hearts of millions around the world."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...ow-will-be-global-smash-say-promoters_1234983

^^Funny--the news update.

A GALAXY OF INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTARS like who? LOL!

Like I said earlier, they better be able to produce some REAL talent, or this will be just as embarrassing as when Jermaine tried his hand at a tribute concert, wherein he also promised a bunch of SUPERSTAR performances.

Oy Vey!

Sounds like the Vienna concert take two. They promised international stars then as well.

ohhhhhhhh boy hide urself ,here they come again *running for my life*

Are we the only ones focusing on the trial???

Are we the only ones focusing on the trial???

You're so Bad. The justice doesn't pay your rent and child support. Leave them work, they need it.

Gonna be a nightmare for ears, a bunch of has-been never was singing songs of the King.

I wish I was deaf.

Haha like many here I feel a Vienna 2.0 coming up. Or a London Wembley 3.0

Why now? Why not on or before June 25th for his 2nd Ann.? Oh well...I guess it's better during/around the trial!

It is just beyond a joke,no wonder he hated his family. Even if it does go ahead (not likely) I just pray I don't hear Jermaine's Smile. It is DREADFUL!

I doubt Michael hated his family. He loved them dearly but yeah over the years they always needed money from and use his name to gain it from him.

I doubt this will happen, those people just suck when it comes to business

wouldn't be surprised if we see PPB with them at the press conference, cuz that's what Katherine always does, to sell us something. take michael;s kids in, so that we have to support their nonsense. I guess she has to change her strategie cuz I for one wont be supporting anyone until their grown adults who can think of their own, without being talked into something by greedy mofo's.

So what happened to the $300m Gary museum? How embarrassing can these people get? I really can't stop cringing at the news, if true.
This is how they are scamming people. they are using "charities" to make money. I'd rather give my money directly to a charity. thank you.
The Jacksons are bunch of unemployed, cash-strapped, and scamming people who think the MJ fans are naive. They are in for a huge awakening.

My message to them: Let the MJ Estate handle MJ affairs and for once get a real job.

I wonder how the whole thing works actually.

I mean, do you approach the artist, the artist's manager, the artist's label, OR do you have to approach all 3?

And who the heck is gonna pay for gathering the GALAXY OF INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTARS? Do you need a sponsor, with DEEP POCKETS, to get the ball rolling?

In "general" I just wondered how you would go about putting something like this together.

The last tribute concert I saw was the one for Princess Diana, but her son's and their team had plenty of credibility, so I'm sure they had no problem getting the tribute up and running. The Jackson's on the other hand....

Last edited:

So what happened to the $300m Gary museum? How embarrassing can these people get? I really can't stop cringing at the news, if true.
This is how they are scamming people. they are using "charities" to make money. I'd rather give my money directly to a charity. thank you.

My message to them: Let the MJ Estate handle MJ affairs and for once get a real job.

Yeah man, I really don't like how they throw up the word "CHARITIES" everytime they do something. They use the word so often that you automatically question their agenda.

The money will go to charity, AFTER everybody has had their hands in the pot, in my opinion.

I also said, from DAY 1, that I would not be supporting anything unless it was approved by The Estate of Michael Jackson. I like to know where my money is going!

Ivy, I have a question about money donated for charity. Did I hear correctly that for every $200 raised you only have to give $1
to the actual charity? The rest goes to expenses, payroll, retirement ect.
I know I got upset because I donate to the Humane Society and a watch dog group sent me something saying only $1 out of $200 raised goes to helping the animals. The rest went to pension plans and stuff.

Could the Jackson's do the same? Only donate $1 to the charity and keep the rest for themselves?

Michael Jackson Show Will Be Global Smash, Say Promoters

The proposed Michael Jackson tribute concert will feature a galaxy of international superstars and will "touch the hearts of millions" around the world, according to organisers.

The King of Pop's mother Katherine and his siblings Marlon, Tito, Jackie and La Toya are working with officials at promotion company Global Live Events to stage a spectacular show in honour of the late star.

Details of the concert, which will benefit charities in the U.S. and the U.K., will be revealed at a special press conference in Los Angeles on Monday (25Jul11), but the promoters are certain the event will be a global smash.

A spokeswoman for Global Live Events says, "(It) will feature the world's most amazing music performers and be in honour of one of the greatest and best-loved entertainers of our time. This spectacular event will touch the hearts of millions around the world."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...ow-will-be-global-smash-say-promoters_1234983

Huh?! :wtf:

My sixth sense is telling me this will get ugly and it will stink. :fear:

wouldn't be surprised if we see PPB with them at the press conference

:no:

I really hope this does not happen.

They're like cartoonishly bad at business.

Huh?! :wtf:

I really hope this does not happen.

They should know better by now if they want to sell tickets.

How are they going to focus on the trail? I don't understand this family. They should be having a press conference re: how much they miss their son Michael Jackson, brother,etc..how wonderful and amazing he was. It was he who made the donations to charities out of the goodness of hiss heart.... but no, agian it's money they are looking for. Sad case the Jackson family turned out to be. smh :bugeyed

Lets see: tributes, museum, charities, belts, buckles, perfume, champagne, books, tall tales, conspiracies, talk show guests, ect. all centered around making money off Michael Jackson.

So is this event where the amazing Jackson brothers minus Michael will reunite....? U know the moment we've all been waiting for? lol How exciting for Randy...he gonna have a job. He better rest those fingers from tweeter so he can be in top shape for us. SMDH

So what happened to the $300m Gary museum?

I heard that wasnt now......

Back