Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
i am feeling bad for those who wants to buy that ticket.as far as ppb ,it is been a pattern ,like they show up for small charity with some family member then comes their appearance on interview ,tv and now tribute.i am sure their grand maa never told them about money part ,they just told the kids ohhh ur father would love this ,this is for charity ,this for tribute to ur father and so on.
Basically they are using their love for their father which is really sad.
as latoya says follow the money ....................i can see it is leading to jackson family.

This scam needs exposing wherever we can. I just contacted channel 5 to correct them as OK tv tonight clearly gave the impression that all proceeds were going to charity.

Just off to listen to disc 2 of History again - so many apt lyrics on there !

bobmoo79;3456283 said:
Why the hell haven't people like Usher, Stevie, Lionel, Beyonce, Jay Z etc. got involved with this anyway? We know they're massive fans and friends of MJ and should have jumped at the chance. Those are the names this show needs!

I don't understand this question.
About 10 sides ago here almost everybody (also I myself!) was of the opinion that the real class galaxy to itself for very good reasons would want to have nothing to do with this concert.
Why then now your question, why they are not involved?

I have read the announcement at the beginning unbelievingly and doubtfully. My interest went out at the moment as one said: „From the income from the ticket sales nothing goes to the charity.“
And, I want to be honest, I have wished that the whole plan breaks down for this concert.

Now, the concert will take place anyway, because 50% of the artists are full covered from the Jackson clan .
Whether the artists, who are on the list, till present appear or do not appear, play NO role. It is even (theoretically) possible that they make a world star gives his name, until all tickets are sold and then, unfortunately, the world star becomes ill. All one question of the money ….

And because we are with the "money":
Maybe Liza Minelli could still appear with the Cabarett song "Money makes the world go round"
It would fit.

@ marebear: "Are the kids in some kind of contract for this? That's not right."

Do you remember: It exist a contract between katherine Jackson and Howard Mann! There is one passus to Michael's children.

Last edited:
Is this a "for-profit" tribute concert, or is it for charity? I looked around On the website, and all I could find was information for ticket buyers to make a donation.

Also, does Prince Charles know that his trust is on this website? I guess they're glad to get donations, but do they really want to be associated with this?

Bla bla blaaaaaaaaaaa..... :shout:
emoticons_487_0484.gif
*big sigh*

The whole thing is so disappointing :no: :puke: :perrin:... Very sad. :( What this tribute go to hell! -_- :coffee:

Also, does Prince Charles know that his trust is on this website? I guess they're glad to get donations, but do they really want to be associated with this?

Exactly..... Will we have the answer to that? I doubt... :fear:

Reading this thread is upsetting. I can't believe the rudeness of people in here. Towards Michael's own family no less. This bashing is so inappropriate it makes me cringe. They are organising a tribute concert for God sake's, can't you see anything positive in that, just because of aweird ticket selling system. I'm not saying the family can not be at wrong sometimes, but they do not deserve this continuous bashing. It reminds me of when I was little and my best friend was hit by her brother. I commented on it days later, in a way to express my sympathy for her, that she had such a lousy brother - boy, did I learn my lesson. It is HER brother. I can sympathise with her, but it's not my place to judge her brother. Think about other people critising your mother, sister, child. It's awful. Please, have some manners at least. I find myself less and less attracted to this place due to the indecency displayed towards Michael's relatives.

About the concert. I read Christina Aguilera is in. Is this right?

Reading this thread is upsetting. I can't believe the rudeness of people in here. Towards Michael's own family no less. This bashing is so inappropriate it makes me cringe. They are organising a tribute concert for God sake's, can't you see anything positive in that, just because of aweird ticket selling system. I'm not saying the family can not be at wrong sometimes, but they do not deserve this continuous bashing. It reminds me of when I was little and my best friend was hit by her brother. I commented on it days later, in a way to express my sympathy for her, that she had such a lousy brother - boy, did I learn my lesson. It is HER brother. I can sympathise with her, but it's not my place to judge her brother. Think about other people critising your mother, sister, child. It's awful. Please, have some manners at least. I find myself less and less attracted to this place due to the indecency displayed towards Michael's relatives.

When you put yourself on the world stage, you open yourself to criticizing. That is the price you pay for being a celebrity. The Jacksons are not new to this game so they should know that their actions will be watch and judge for everyone to see. It is naive to think that everyone shouldn't make judgments on someone's public actions just because that person chose to make a fool of themselves.

Some members do act more vicious than others when it comes to the family, which I don't approval of. However, most of the people on this forum have only observed what the Jacksons have been doing to themselves in the last 2 years. As I said before, sticking your head in the sand and calling everything rosy won't change anything. The fact of the matter is the family has use Michael in both life and in death. This concert comes across as nothing more than a money making scheme that is so obvious that even the most casual person can see it even if they only have passing knowledge of the Jacksons' pass history.

If we are going to say we shouldn't judge, then you should call the Jacksons out on the same actions. For example, what gives Mrs. Jackson the right to go on public television and question her son's parent's skills, but say nothing of the actions of her deadbeat sons and their baby momma troubles? What gives her the right to call his nose a tooth-pick and saying how she try to get doctors to trick him so he won't have anymore surgeries? She didn't dare to say these things when he was alive, so what gives her the right to put that out there for the world to judge?

You can't expect us to act like saints when the people you are protecting don't even bother to be nice to their own dead family member.

^^ It's just way out of proportion. The way Katherine talked about Michael on the Oprah niterview was mostly loving, and I did not think the nose comment everyone is going on and on about was mean in any way. She just expressed how she felt, and I understands that view from her as a mother who loves her child the way he/she naturally is. But my point was that it's not our place to judge them. We are distant bystanders. and I don't agree at all that celebrity's are fair game when it comes to criticism. MJ fans should know so I reckon. Everybody should be treated with respect, and if that's too hard, at least with politeness. It's not about being naive, it's just that the hating does not bring anything other than negativity.

They want our money?

Then...we are free to tell them to go kick rocks with an open-toe shoe

Re the ticketprices and how much AEG/MJ charged for THIS IS IT... they charged £75 / £65 / £50, plus booking fees for standard tix.

The 10 first rows closest to the stage (or was it the first 20?) did cost much more obviously. Those tickets were called Thriller Package/Premium tickets and cost £770 - 795. I paid £770 for my ticket on Row D.

Re the kids making all these crazy appearances... I always for some reason think back on what Ashton Kuther said when MJ died...
" I plea to the press to respect his wishes of maintaining the anonymity of his children.”
–Ashton Kutcher"

Even he knew. How hard can it really be?

Last edited:
No, that isn't what I meant. It has nothing to do with the tribute. I don't think the general public care. Then you see family memebers going on tv saying he was the fall guy and feel sorry for him doesn't help in my opinion.

I agree, but lets try and stay on topic. :)

Regardless of your feelings about this tribute concert
We all know The trial will last for quite awhile. I dont think Katherine not spending
every day there suggests Katherine doesnt care about Michael or seeking Justice for him.
Making such judgements about her character is off topic and uneccessary in this thread

Last edited:
Please Note
This thread is being CLEANED Please stay on TOPIC of this thread
All posts taking this thread OFF topic of the Tribute Concert will be deleted
if you want to discuss other matters open your own thread

Thank for your cooperation

Last edited:
How is criticizing things being called bashing? it's a bit unreasonable to expect people to play "yes men" especially when they are expected to spend their hard earned money on all sort of things. My post got deleted. yet it had everything to do with the topic at hand. if you don't want people posting anymore maybe you should just close the thread.

What are the ticket prices range from? I live in Canada and when I see these numbers I am not sure what that would be in US/CDN dollars.

How is criticizing things being called bashing? it's a bit unreasonable to expect people to play "yes men" especially when they are expected to spend their hard earned money on all sort of things. My post got deleted. yet it had everything to do with the topic at hand. if you don't want people posting anymore maybe you should just close the thread.

Your post was in reply (attached) to a post that was deleted for taking the thread off topic
Just so you know. No one is asking for yes men or stating you cant criiticsise or voice your
opinion about the CONCERT

It's not bashing the family at all it's telling the truth about this mess of a tribute for MJ backed by his family.
You can certainly voice you disaproval of the family in This Thread as it pertains to this Tribute Concert
if anyone wants to discuss other issues with the family I suggest they start their own thread.

Last edited:
My post got deleted...oh well.

@passy...DM me. Thanks.
@Ivy or anyone who dare travels to that site...this is ON TOPIC: Are the children still listed as chattel on the website? I refuse to go there.

Last edited:
What are the ticket prices range from? I live in Canada and when I see these numbers I am not sure what that would be in US/CDN dollars.

Here's an excerpt from a LA Times article with the conversion to US $:

Purchasing tickets for the tribute is nearly as complicated as following the familial affiliations. Fans can register their interest in obtaining tickets online. At first, this was to be through offering a charitable pledge, with the higher pledges getting better chances to purchase tickets, which would range in price from 55 pounds ($88) to 240 pounds ($387). The website has since backtracked and now states that any donations, though encouraged, will have no weight in the chances of getting tickets.

Link to article: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mus...lo-green-set-for-michael-jackson-concert.html

Last edited:
Your post was in reply (attached) to a post that was deleted for taking the thread off topic
Just so you know. No one is asking for yes men or stating you cant criiticsise or voice your
opinion about the CONCERT

My post was clearly on topic. I also think it's very rude to delete someone's post without warning or even giving him the chance to make amends.

You can certainly voice you disaproval of the family in This Thread as it pertains to this Tribute Concert
if anyone wants to discuss other issues with the family I suggest they start their own thread.

This does not make sense. The event is STRONGLY tied to the Jacksons. In fact they are at the centre of this event. so it's not unreasonable for people to comment about the Jacksons in passing. I am sure if this thread was all round positive, you wouldn't have minded the positive posts linking the jacksons.

My opinion....Katherine should keep her butt in LA until the end of this trial...how can people give a tribute concert when the Killer of your son is on trial.....there will be plenty of time for a tribute concert later. There is NOTHING to be celebrated when Murray is still walking free enjoying a day at Disney with HIS family. Makes me sick..

Vici;3456707 said:
Re the ticketprices and how much AEG/MJ charged for THIS IS IT... they charged £75 / £65 / £50, plus booking fees for standard tix.

The 10 first rows closest to the stage (or was it the first 20?) did cost much more obviously. Those tickets were called Thriller Package/Premium tickets and cost £770 - 795. I paid £770 for my ticket on Row D.

I paid £75 for A2 and I thought it was a good deal. In this concert a similar place seems to be £195 and it's too expensive imo.

Anniesnotokmj;3456738 said:
@Ivy...this is ON TOPIC: Are the children still listed as chattel on the website? I refuse to go there.

yes. the part I copied was from the "terms and conditions" page on the registration part. It's still there.

Back