Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
9sastv.gif

GO MICHAEL THE GANGSTA! :lol:

And people got the NERVE to claim MJ wasn't BLACK, didn't want to be BLACK, etc. LOL...looks to me like he got that swag naturally, and is using it. Mike got some HOOD in him, I ain't mad at him!! lol Now, all he needs to do, is the pimp walk, and I'd literally cry from lol.

Edit: And did yall see Paris, with her Black swag on...NOW we see where she got it from, when she was rapping to "A Toast" lol. She has some of these handmovements, head leans and rocks down too...I bet MJ turned it out at Carolwood lol. He did like Jay Z, and personally came out for him, and had Biggie on a song! MJ TELL'EM!!! LOL

Is this a "for-profit" tribute concert, or is it for charity? I looked around On the website, and all I could find was information for ticket buyers to make a donation.Also, does Prince Charles know that his trust is on this website? I guess they're glad to get donations, but do they really want to be associated with this?
its all for love. Er sorry profit.no money from the ott prices goes to charity.ticket buyers can donate ontop if they like

Yup, the kids will be attending (all I assume) and speaking (some, most probably Prince and Paris). The concert organizers and Jackson family are now using the carrot stick approach, and Michael's kids are the inevitable carrots. The kids have a drawing power, and they know that. The Oprah show with Katherine got such high ratings due to the kids appearances. Oh yeah, they know it...

[h=2]Michael Jackson's kids 'planning tribute speech'[/h]added: 13 Aug 2011 // by: newsdesk

Michael Jackson's children are reportedly planning to make a speech at his upcoming tribute concert.

After his unexpected death in 2009 the pop icon was survived by his three kids; Prince, 14, Paris, 13, and Blanket, nine.

Michael's mother Katherine Jackson has been instrumental in organising Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert, which is scheduled to take place on October 8 at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

Top acts including Smokey Robinson, Leona Lewis, Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green have already been confirmed in the line up, and it has now been revealed that Michael's children will be playing an integral role.

"Paris, Blanket and Prince have been asked to attend the MJ Tribute in Wales and they have decided to go," a representative from the family told TMZ.

"They are extremely excited and they're hoping they will have the opportunity to contribute in some way by making a speech. Nothing has been set in stone yet for how they can help, but they really hope they can. "

The publication has also learnt that Michael's brothers Jermaine and Randy Jackson are 'fighting' the plans. The show will be held during the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray ' who stands accused of being involved with Michael's death in 2009, and the brothers have been reported as considered the timing 'inappropriate'.

"We find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death," they are quoted as saying. source:http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=Michael-Jacksons-kids-%E2%80%98planning-tribute-speech%E2%80%99&nItemID=43207

carrot_and_stick_e8d0c515-16a3-48cf-9c18-84b39f875b0a.jpg

Reading this thread is upsetting. I can't believe the rudeness of people in here. Towards Michael's own family no less. This bashing is so inappropriate it makes me cringe. They are organising a tribute concert for God sake's, can't you see anything positive in that, just because of aweird ticket selling system. I'm not saying the family can not be at wrong sometimes, but they do not deserve this continuous bashing. It reminds me of when I was little and my best friend was hit by her brother. I commented on it days later, in a way to express my sympathy for her, that she had such a lousy brother - boy, did I learn my lesson. It is HER brother. I can sympathise with her, but it's not my place to judge her brother. Think about other people critising your mother, sister, child. It's awful. Please, have some manners at least. I find myself less and less attracted to this place due to the indecency displayed towards Michael's relatives.

Question: Are you saying because it was your friends brother, you didn't think he was "lousy" anymore?
If he continued to hit her, even got physically abusive to the point where she had blackeyes and busted lips, would you not form a judgement or dare say feel critical of him? And even in some part of your little self, want to bust his lip?

We all form judgements based on actions, especially when it involves someone we care about. In fact, if we do care, how can we not be upset and critical when we feel they are being wronged or USED!

Many fans feel Michael is just being used here. It's seen as just another attempt to circumvent the estate and get cash out of MJ fans pockets. If the first priority of this concert was to honor him, we'd be enthused, bad ticket system or not. Instead, it comes behind a long list of upsetting actions by MJ's family that has us annoyed, angered, and for me greatly disappointed.

I just saw the prices they're charging for these tickets. Don't know whether to LOL or be disgusted. A combination of both I think. So the average Joe is gonna pay those prices and donate a chunk to charity as well are they? Yeah right...if I paid those prices I would be spent, there would be nothing left. If all proceeds went to charity...ok maybe I could understand. But that is downright disgusting. This isn't a tribute to Michael - it's a mockery of everything he stood for. Completely and utterly wash my hands.

As always, I'll keep Prince, Paris and Blanket in my prayers.

Question: Are you saying because it was your friends brother, you didn't think he was "lousy" anymore?
If he continued to hit her, even got physically abusive to the point where she had blackeyes and busted lips, would you not form a judgement or dare say feel critical of him? And even in some part of your little self, want to bust his lip?

We all form judgements based on actions, especially when it involves someone we care about. In fact, if we do care, how can we not be upset and critical when we feel they are being wronged or USED!

Many fans feel Michael is just being used here. It's seen as just another attempt to circumvent the estate and get cash out of MJ fans pockets. If the first priority of this concert was to honor him, we'd be enthused, bad ticket system or not. Instead, it comes behind a long list of upsetting actions by MJ's family that has us annoyed, angered, and for me greatly disappointed.

Look, the analogy with my friend's brother was not to say I can't have an opinion about her brother because of how he treats her, but that it's not MY place as a distant bystander to judge him in harsh wording about it. My friend did not appreciate that at all. She want support but she does not want me to bash her brother. She knows him and their quarrels and it's not constructive or helpful at all if I just ad fuel to the fire by calling him this or that. It's important to diffrentiate between support for the victim and jumping up to fight the perpetrator. In this case I think it's warranted to wonder if the kids are happyly participating or not, but to accuse their grandmother of being greedy and worse does not make anything better for them at all. To the contrary. As long as they are looking happy and are taken care of (in the analogy with my friend - as long as a fight doesnt end up being permanent abuse that leaves her physically and emotionally wounded) we should not mingle in these matters as much as we do.

So yes, criticism on the way the concert plans are developing is fine, but the criticism in this thread goes way beyond that. Calling people you don't know personally all kinds of nasty names just says more about the person passing judgement than the people who are judged. So, my point was not: thou shall not criticise the Jacksons, no matter what happens, it was: please, tone down the aggressive and mean tone. It serves no purpose other than hating. Be critical, but polite and well-mannered at the same time. It's possible. Michael is a good example for this.

Look, the analogy with my friend's brother was not to say I can't have an opinion about her brother because of how he treats her, but that it's not MY place as a distant bystander to judge him in harsh wording about it. My friend did not appreciate that at all. She want support but she does not want me to bash her brother. She knows him and their quarrels and it's not constructive or helpful at all if I just ad fuel to the fire by calling him this or that. It's important to diffrentiate between support for the victim and jumping up to fight the perpetrator. In this case I think it's warranted to wonder if the kids are happyly participating or not, but to accuse their grandmother of being greedy and worse does not make anything better for them at all. To the contrary. As long as they are looking happy and are taken care of (in the analogy with my friend - as long as a fight doesnt end up being permanent abuse that leaves her physically and emotionally wounded) we should not mingle in these matters as much as we do.

So yes, criticism on the way the concert plans are developing is fine, but the criticism in this thread goes way beyond that. Calling people you don't know personally all kinds of nasty names just says more about the person passing judgement than the people who are judged. So, my point was not: thou shall not criticise the Jacksons, no matter what happens, it was: please, tone down the aggressive and mean tone. It serves no purpose other than hating. Be critical, but polite and well-mannered at the same time. It's possible. Michael is a good example for this.

FAIL.

We ALL ( read again, A-L-L) judge people based on their action, even YOU. You will not win this one.

Last edited:
FAIL.

You will not win this one.

Because you will by being plain rude? I wish you lots of success in life.

edit: I see you added something to your reply. That illustrates you missed my point. I didn't say people do not judge and should not judge, I said it's important to not do it in harsh wording, know your place in the setting and keep things civilised. Wording and tone means a world of difference in a debate: going from an intellligent debate to smearing tar and feathers on someone or a group of people (or your co-debater...) is what I was talking about. I just call for simple manners and appropriate wording. Keep in mind what you want to achieve by expressing your thoughts. This out of control Jacksons hate does not serve a purpose - it does not help him, his legacy or his children. Nor the admosphere on this board. Please consider this when opening your mouth.

Last edited:
Just no. Stop arguing. We don't want to read that, thanks. Take it to PM if you absolutely must.

Because you will by being plain rude? I wish you lots of success in life.

edit: I see you added something to your reply. That illutrates you missed my point. I didn't say people do not judge and should not judge, I said it's important to not do it in harsh wording, know your place in the setting and keep things civilised.

There is NOTHING cute or civilized about exploiting underaged children.

People can be as harsh as they feel they need to be to express their utter disgust (as long as they don't infringe board rules)..without YOU judging them.

#TheEnd for me.

I find it interesting that TMZ is making this much stories about this tribute

There is NOTHING cute or civilized about exploiting underaged children.

People can be as harsh as they feel they need to be to express their utter disgust (as long as they don't infringe board rules)..without YOU judging them.

#TheEnd for me.

Uhm, the way your argumentation works is like this: THEY, the ones I feel entitled to judge although I don't know them personally, are uncivilized, that's why I, the one in place to judge that horrible behaviour, am entitled to be at least as uncivilized towards those horrible people and in my way of discussing this topic with fellow fans. Can't you see that this kind of reasoning only brings more negativity? I truly believe noone has anything to lose by discussing and forming opinions in an intellligent and polite fashion, you do however by discussing the way you do, and I understand the exit as it is exposed you can't do it in another way, or do not want to :(

About the concert: who is in the line-up for sure? I read Smokey Robinson is in, that would be just wonderful. I hope Stevie Wonder comes along to.

my husband also called me in the room last night and said "hey look they are gonna do tribute to Michael".....my reaction...I busted out laughing..and he said...why are you laughing? Then I told him the whole disgusting story...and he was like...Whats the hell is the matter with them..why do they always think of money...the poor guy is dead and they are still picking his pockets. Now mind you this is coming from a non-MJ fan. He supports Michael because I love Michael.

Because they can see the train about to go over the cliff and they want as many people to enjoy the explosion.

If this concert does happens, it will be in the same vain as the Jackson Family Honor. Lawsuits and bad reviews to last another decade. At least they can't blame Michael for not singing this time.

^The Jacksons and (or) the organizers are tipping them off I'm sure.

Yup, the kids will be attending (all I assume) and speaking (some, most probably Prince and Paris). The concert organizers and Jackson family are now using the carrot stick approach, and Michael's kids are the inevitable carrots. The kids have a drawing power, and they know that. The Oprah show with Katherine got such high ratings due to the kids appearances. Oh yeah, they know it...

It is really funny!
Yesterday in in evening I wrote (like a cassandra) about this possibility: If the ticket sales not run, they will bring the children on the stage.
My posting probably was not welcome; it was cleaned.
Actually, we must also not write about possibilities..... the time tells it.
MOOORE worse than we introduce it to us.

carrot_and_stick_e8d0c515-16a3-48cf-9c18-84b39f875b0a.jpg

Last edited:
Uhm, the way your argumentation works is like this: THEY, the ones I feel entitled to judge although I don't know them personally, are uncivilized, that's why I, the one in place to judge that horrible behaviour, am entitled to be at least as uncivilized towards those horrible people and in my way of discussing this topic with fellow fans. Can't you see that this kind of reasoning only brings more negativity? I truly believe noone has anything to lose by discussing and forming opinions in an intellligent and polite fashion, you do however by discussing the way you do, and I understand the exit as it is exposed you can't do it in another way, or do not want to :(

About the concert: who is in the line-up for sure? I read Smokey Robinson is in, that would be just wonderful. I hope Stevie Wonder comes along to.

You have to remember that this is a combination of many factors when it comes to this family. This concert is just the latest in schemes that the family has use to exploit Michael's name. Why else would the tickets cost so much to hear other artists sing Michael's songs when it didn't even cost as much to hear Michael himself. It looks likes they are trying to take advantage of fans, especially with putting Michael's kids in the ticket sell section like fans are willing to fly overseas to see the kids. After everything Michael did to protect his kids for such exposer, even you have to admit it looks like they're thumbing their noses at his grave.

Since we are the buying audiences for this concert, we have every right to judge. Especially when it looks like they are trying to cheat us.

Because they can see the train about to go over the cliff and they want as many people to enjoy the explosion.

but it seems like they are promoting it. the artisys invited, big screens in US and now MJ's kids.

but it seems like they are promoting it. the artisys invited, big screens in US and now MJ's kids.

Yes they are, and the Organisers/Jacksons have to be behind it. An unnamed source just informed TMZ that the kids will be taking part. In other words, they are making this known hoping it will tempt people to buy tickets. The kids have drawing power, and they are using it right now.

Last edited:

It is very clear to me that someone is tipping tmz and using them as a promotion tool...

2 things that make me believe tickets aren't selling or bid upon as much as they were expecting:

1) I had no difficulty accessing the webpage the hour they open the site for tickets (for a so-called MJ event, I'd say that is weird & pretty darn unusual). Remember when This is it or even the memorial tickets were put up for sale...???

I bid on tickets (only for research purposes, I am not crazy nor dumb) and had no problem, whatsoever, going through the process. My computer did not slow down, from beginning to end.

2) the stories coming out (from leaking the Kanye invitation, to the kids' speech) all that screams DESPERATION

This early in the game, resorting to leaking stories to tabloids to jumpstart interest & sale.....doesn't sound good.

ETA. correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the TMZ website banned in the UK? So...who exactly are they promoting this toward? I cannot fathom many americans flying to Europe to hear...(gulp!) Christina Aguilera after that high profile botched job on the national anthem..or Craig David..or JLS (I still don't know who he is).

I am not sure who these TMZ-sponsored service announcement are for... Can't be the public...could it be a tool to RECRUIT other stars?

Last edited:

What you say to your friend and how you feel about her brother are two different things. No,you might not add fuel to the fire by bashing him to her because true you don't know all the dynamics involved and she'd resent it, but if you see him hurting her, you can judge and FEEL whatever you want about him, and if that's harshly, then that's what you feel--even if you don't verbalize it to her because of how she'd react. And not to get too off topic here, but if he was genuinely hurting her, it is YOUR place to intervene. As a child, you'd tell a parent. As an adult, you'd call the police.

Back on topic...So no, I would never say to Michael's children their grandmother is greedy. They have to come to that judgement on their own. But if it's mine now, it's mine. However, I happen to think Katherine loves Michael's children and they are very happy. They need that foundation of love I'm sure they derive from her. But as a bystander who her "business" endeavors target as I am interested in all things MJ, I can judge her methods accordingly and discuss them with others.

I actually agree with you here. I don't like reading some of the comments made about Michael's mother. She is his mother, and I know they would hurt him, and I know he'd be resentful of them. But what I absolutely hate are the actions of Katherine's that have caused people to feel this way. Most loved, respected and admired her two years ago.

And I readily admit, Michael is a better person than I am. His ability to forgive and overlook was amazing. It is because of him that I hold onto whatever objectivity I can about his family. They would make it a whole lot easier if they'd stop the schemes aimed at me as HIS fan.

It is very clear to me that someone is tipping tmz and using them as a promotion tool...

2 things that make me believe tickets aren't selling or bid upon as much as they were expecting:

1) I had no difficulty accessing the webpage the hour they open the site for tickets (for a so-called MJ event, I'd say that is weird & pretty darn unusual). Remember when This is it or even the memorial tickets were put up for sale...???

I bid on tickets (only for research purposes, I am not crazy nor dumb) and had no problem, whatsoever, going through the process. My computer did not slow down, from beginning to end.

2) the stories coming out (from leaking the Kanye invitation, to the kids' speech) all that screams DESPERATION

This early in the game, resorting to leaking stories to tabloids to jumpstart interest & sale.....doesn't sound good.

ETA. correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the TMZ website banned in the UK? So...who exactly are they promoting this toward? I cannot fathom many americans flying to Europe to hear...(gulp!) Christina Aguilera after that high profile botched job on the national anthem..or Craig David..or JLS (I still don't know who he is).

I am not sure who these TMZ-sponsored service announcement are for... Can't be the public...could it be a tool to RECRUIT other stars?

I can only see the more hardcore Jackson/Michael fans supporting this event. Most fans most likely feel like us and the casual person most likely won't give a damn either way. The Jacksons burnt through their creditability a long time ago and most people in the industry simply don't trust them. Besides one of their stars, all the others have mostly dead, falling, or dead on arrival careers. No insult towards them, but it's mostly true.

Those ticket prices are just the nails in this coffin and why would the everyday Joe care to see Michael's kids? Seeing them on Good Morning America or Oprah isn't the same as flying to London to watch a second rate concert.

^ I can honestly tell you, BECAUSE we now have confirmation that 3T are involved, I absolutely want this farce to derail with little to no casualty ( mainly to Michael's legacy & name).

I resent these three guys, and I don't think they should make a PENNY off of MJ's fans.

^ I can honestly tell you, BECAUSE we now have confirmation that 3T are involved, I absolutely want this farce to derail with little to no casualty ( mainly to Michael's legacy & name).

I resent these three guys, and I don't think they should make a PENNY off of MJ's fans.

I do to, but mostly because of 'other' reasons that would take us completely off topic. Lets just say that after November of last year, I don't have any love for 3T and this looks likes a ploy to restart their career since they were fairly popular in the UK.

The chances are this getting cancel is next to zero now since unlike Jermaine's efforts, several acts has been officially signed and most do have some form of name recognition. Not to mention most of the family support the event in question while Jermaine was more or less a one man show. Besides, I see most of them being far too prideful to back down now so we will get a 'concert'. But, it will be more like the Jackson Family Honors than the Victory Tour.

Back