Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
And to think what mj charged.and ppl say this isnt a money making scam.and how much do u think z lists artists are getting paid to do this if at all..not alot.so someones making a nice bit of profit

Thank you Ivy.

I'm trying to get my head around the seats behind the stage especially the premium ones. So really if you want to sit down and have a good view you are paying around £200. Maybe I'm out of touch but WOW!

And to think what mj charged.and ppl say this isnt a money making scam.and how much do u think z lists artists are getting paid to do this if at all..not alot.so someones making a nice bit of profit

I do find it funny that it was cheaper to see Michael when he was still alive and rarely perform, compare to a tribute with lessen known stars. In today's market, who's going to dump this much money to see T3?

xrisx;3456190 said:
All I'll say is I wouldn't be surprised if we see the family do a family sing-along (like they did at the end of the "Jackson family Honors show") at the end of this tribute show. For some reason I could see them doing that.

Yes it will be 'star studded' sing-a-long to Heal The World with everybody holding hands and will feature all Jackson family who are in attendance with the 'worlds greatest stars' (a.k.a Alien Ant Farm, Craig David et al) all singing out of time and looking awkward because they have never rehearsed it in advance. I Guarantee it.

BTW I agree about the ticket prices. If the Jacksons wanna charge those figures they really do need the real 'worlds greatest stars' there to justify it not the artists they currently have. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a 'restricted view' seat is £55!
The general concensus on these pages seems to be that we need a mix of the current hot stars (from a UK perspective I would include JLS and Cee Lo as acceptable stars on that list) and some old legends too (I would reluctantly include Smokey, but would prefer Stevie or Lionel), but so far they just don't have the star power. Not only that, if the stars didn't approach the organisers of the concert and sign a deal between the press conference and now, then they're never going to. Seeing the current line up will deter any more famous people from attending. Nobody wants to be part of a laughing stock and this is what it's turning in to.
Why the hell haven't people like Usher, Stevie, Lionel, Beyonce, Jay Z etc. got involved with this anyway? We know they're massive fans and friends of MJ and should have jumped at the chance. Those are the names this show needs!

Last edited:
those prices are just ridiculous.
MJ didnt even charge that much for a very good, close to the stage, ticket for "this is it"......

So, it says the Jackson Brothers are performing... I'm guessing that would be Tito on guitar, Jackie singing and Marlon doing back-up vocals?

Who is running that Twitter page?

M4Tribute Michael Forever
DYK: Michael Jackson was very ticklish?

:scratch:

3T are not being given top billing from what I understand. The listing of the site is alphabetical.

agreed. 3T aren't top billing, it's just a newspaper getting the story wrong as usual.
I also saw one report that stated MJs brothers were the "new generation of Jacksons". That doesn't even make sense. I can only assume whoever wrote it has never heard of the Jackson 5, or The Jacksons before, and doesn't know any MJ history at all. It was a strange thing to write.

I agree with Ben. Assuming they don't know all the details and only being told "biggest tribute ever with international stars" is being done for their father , I'm sure that they would want to attend to honor and show love to their dad. There's nothing wrong there.

But they are listed in concert's ticket sale "terms and conditions" under "concert line-up".

so it makes me think that these people actually sat down and negotiated kids appearance , very similar to how the kids took part in Oprah and how they are bounded to the agreement with Mann.

24 hours since my last visit, this thread has expanded by 15 pages. That was a long read :mello:

Jokes aside, I find the wording on that disgusting (re. the children being 'available'). I find it disgusting that the family not only continue to use and cheapen Michael's memory to make money for themselves, but use his children like cheap commodities as well. Paris, on her now-disabled Form Spring page, admitted that they had no choice in appearing on the Oprah show. They were simply made to. To those that continue to defend Michael's family, here's a quote for you:

"Thank you to all my fans for understanding how important it is to me to protect my family from the public eye. I have lived in a "fishbowl" all my life and I want my son to live a normal life. You've stood by me through my career and now you share my greatest joy. I love you." (Michael in OK magazine 1997)

To anyone who still believes Michael would approve of how his family is behaving right now, you are sadly mistaken. He would be ashamed and sad. This is how most fans feel right now.

Those of you that find fault in fans judging the family, please know that the family is also trying to take advantage of us - Michael's fans - , with every gimmick they concoct.

And for all of the above reasons, plus others mentioned in this thread, his family is not only asking, but deserving of the criticism levelled at them in this thread.

I thought if you put something in alphabetical order and there was a number you would place it where it would go in the alphabet if it would be written in letters i.e T does not come before A. It's not important as I don't care who has top billing but I am confused as I thought that was how it was done.

I thought if you put something in alphabetical order and there was a number you would place it where it would go in the alphabet if it would be written in letters i.e T does not come before A. It's not important as I don't care who has top billing but I am confused as I thought that was how it was done.

As far as I know it goes numbers (lowest to highest), a, b, c, etc.

@KingMikeJ, so are you saying that if a name started with a number that would always first in a alphabetical list? Hope you guys don't mind a quick English lesson then straight back OT. LOL

@Last Tear, King is right. On any MP3 player, when songs are in alphabetical order, all those starting with a number are first. Then come the letters.

I am just appalled at the possible prospects ahead for Michael's children, if they appear at this tribute during the trial...At a time when the world's media ( especially the tabloid components) will be slavering over every statement and every implication of every line of questioning, the children (who should at this time --more than ever -be protected from the full media spotlight) will be handed to the press and paparazzi on a plate, to stand on a stage and be photographed, recorded and filmed for dissection, with every blink and quiver interpreted in the light of what they may be thinking about what may have been said in court that week...not to mention having to face a likely pack of presshounds waiting outside their hotel every time they emerge, shouting out to them to ask their views on this or that piece of testimony....this sounds like a recipe for total trauma to me. I am lost for words...so I will borrow one of Michael's pictures instead.....

314uon6.gif

PS Is this new, regarding the charitable donations and the ticket allocations?
FB1 :did u manage to get an answer for my question: for pitch standing and upper tier does the pledge have any bearing on likelihood of getting tickets
2 hours ago ·

Sheldon Gold Hi J, I can confirm that the pledge will have no effect on your chances of receiving a ticket no matter what price group.

So in a previous statement they said they were gonna announe the acts from now until October...

But on the Facebook page, when someone asked what will happen to her ticket if she decides to not go but changes her mind when a new interesting act arrives, the admin of the page said: By the time the ticket buying will begin you should know all the acts...

So artists will be announce until October BUT by August 16th we'll know all of them..

PS Is this new, regarding the charitable donations and the ticket allocations?
FB1 :did u manage to get an answer for my question: for pitch standing and upper tier does the pledge have any bearing on likelihood of getting tickets
2 hours ago ·

Sheldon Gold Hi J, I can confirm that the pledge will have no effect on your chances of receiving a ticket no matter what price group.

But the web site says.
HOW DO I GET A TICKET? WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION PERIOD?When the Registration Period starts you will be able to register your interest on the website. You will enter your contact details, choose your ticket price level and enter a charity pledge. The Registration Period will last until 24:00 on 16th August 2011 to give everyone an opportunity to register.
There is no obligation to make any Charitable Donation and for the lower price ranges tickets will be allocated by simple ballot at the end of the registration period. We want everybody to be able to afford to come – even the lowest bidders have an equal chance of purchasing a ticket.
At the end of the registration period we will also analyse the pledge amounts and allocate tickets to the more expensive seats to those making the highest pledge.

They delayed the registration date because they wanted people to know the line up first. Why didnt they get performers before they announced the concert then?
Now, what they're saying is you know part of the line up, and you'll know the rest maybe before the end of the registration period. But maybe not, because apparently, performers can decide not to attend. In this case, too bad. You can be stuck with an all Jackson line up.

LastTear;3456434 said:
But the web site says.
HOW DO I GET A TICKET? WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION PERIOD?When the Registration Period starts you will be able to register your interest on the website. You will enter your contact details, choose your ticket price level and enter a charity pledge. The Registration Period will last until 24:00 on 16th August 2011 to give everyone an opportunity to register.
There is no obligation to make any Charitable Donation and for the lower price ranges tickets will be allocated by simple ballot at the end of the registration period. We want everybody to be able to afford to come – even the lowest bidders have an equal chance of purchasing a ticket.
At the end of the registration period we will also analyse the pledge amounts and allocate tickets to the more expensive seats to those making the highest pledge.

Re the new advice:
2 hours ago ·

Maybe they are not selling / taking registrations for many tickets..........

I think the Admin on the FB page need to refer back to the web site.

The whole thing is a shambles.

Yeah i other words its a way to fill the seats nearer to the stage when no one buys they.

Anyway i thought they said u dont have ti donate anymore everyone will get the same chance

Yeah i other words its a way to fill the seats nearer to the stage when no one buys they.

Anyway i thought they said u dont have ti donate anymore everyone will get the same chance

I think they said that for the 'cheap' seats / places...but I think the expensive ones were still going to be allocated on pledge....but apparently not now...well, it seems to change daily anyway!

@elusive They don't seem to know what they are saying! The web site hasn't changed, it says the people registered for the cheaper tickets will get their names pulled out of a hat regardless of any donation, but with the more expensive tickets the amount of donation will be taken into account.

And yet the advise on FB is different.

probably it's because not many are registering.

for ex assume there was 1,000 spaces right in front of the stage, so people would give 195 + pledge and the 1,000 with the highest pledges would get those places.

If they can't even get 1,000 registrations the pledges will be moot because they are going to give the seats to everyone asking.

Back