Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters
I still have about 10 new pages to read, so maybe all this has been said already, but seeing how Global Live is playing the believer card, I just wanted to post my opinion and thoughts on that.

Some aren't even fans, they just like conspiracy theories. I think we have one of these on this forum.

Yes, and these are the ones that I despise. They play with people's minds and hijack Michael's name for their own agenda (which is to promote all their conspiracy theories, from the "illuminati" to mind control stuff, etc., see one of the biggest believer's boards out there, that is run by a conspiracy nut who isn't a fan, who managed to make people believe in all those conspiracy theories "in the name of Michael"). I don't blame the fans that can't let go, I blame those that play with their minds. Global Live, supported by the family (!), playing the believer card, that's outrageous.

There are believers though who want nothing to do with all the conspiracy stuff, it's just that those conspiracy theorists are the loudest ones.

Where is the rest of that clan?

Is Mrs. Jackson there all alone, did her 4 children (Tito, LaToya, Marlon, and Jackie) jump ship for some reason?

The TEASE was that "Tito Jackson would be announcing a Rock Band," I wonder what happened.

Once again they're leaving their 80+ year-old mother to hold the bag. A bag that happens to be on fire!

Something stinks with the entire set-up!

Im honestly curious to know IF the Jackson family were aware of his comments or not. I mean, its a huuuuuuuuuuge family.. surely SOMEONE must have heard about Genese Simmons saying shitt about Michael or does his comments really come as a shock to the family? This is a MESS and so painful to witness.

Plus what a SELL-OUT Gene is.. Why do a tribute for someone you felt molested children? Anything for money!!!

IF the Jacksons weren't aware... just goes to show how out of touch they are.

The fans know more about Michael than they do.

Kiss? Gene Simmons? Now I know why I this thread has been extremely busy since I looked at it last yesterday night.

I am utterly horrified! Speechless! Who else will they invite Tom Sneddon, Jordi Chandler and Conrad Murray?

Or Bashir giving a speech while moonwalking. And Janet Arvizo singing "Money" (btw. is her name still "Janet Jackson"? Because then they could use that name to promote this thing).

What's wrong with this family? Are they crazy? This needs to be canceled, for the sake of Michael's children.

Yet in still, if your intent was not to demean the artists you did so anyway. The timing of Tito's announcemeant has nothing to do with your listing all of the artists in small font calling all of the ones you listed as has beens, when that is not even the case. There has to be a better way to point out Tito's misrepresentation without cutting all of the other artists off at the knees.

Imagine their situation as well. They are trying to do something for a man they admired. Imagine if they came here to read all of this stuff people are saying about them, or reading all of the tweets towards them, belittling their work, their dreams, and their talent? As I said, it may not be who you expected because of the announcement. But to say, "I expected bigger names", or to say, "I expected more for a tribute to MJ", is much different then calling these fellow fans talentless, has beens, z listers, saying they suck, saying they are worthless, saying they don't care about MJ, etc (You didn't say all of this. I'm just quoting what I have read in multiple areas).

I think the concert could do with some more high profile names, but to me it doesn't take away from the people who have agreed to give up of their time to do something positive. It is a problem of the organizers.

I think you are missing the point entirely. when the jacksons announced the concert, they billed it as a tribute performed by "a galaxy of stars". This is quite an ambitious statement to make and so far the handful of artists announced hardly fit that billing. no offence to these artists but most of them are second rated at best. which means that the statement was made to deceive the public in the first place and trick them into buying tickets at exorbitant prices. It's like you watch a movie trailer at a cinema or on TV, and it says state of the art movie production from x,y,z. but only to find out in the end the movie was everything but "state of the art" production.

And lets not kid ourselves here. this concert is NOT about honoring MJ. it's more like a quick money-scheme put together to undermine the Estate of MJ and fill the pockets of all kinds of leeches, including the Jacksons. I would not support a project of this nature. I could not care less whether it's organised by the Jacksons or anyone else. as long as it does not have the Estate blessing the project should be red flagged. MJ left behind people in charge of his affairs through his Estate. I personally think it's almost tragic to see his extended family fighting against such people and worse using his children for profit.

Alien Ant Farm is not worhty of being a of a tribute to MJ, unless you think a band that called Michael Jackson a weirdo, a pedophile etc etc is worthy of being there. The others are, but they are NOT.

I gladly stand corrected if they did say those things. I have never heard of them saying anything bad about MJ, which is why I commented as such.

KISS joins Michael Jackson tribute line-up

NEW: Some Jackson fans object to KISS performing because of Gene Simmons' comments
NEW: Many of Michael Jackson's back up musician will reuniute for the tribute
Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Cee Lo Green and JLS are also signed
Two generations of the Jackson family will take the stage in the Cardiff, Wales, show

Los Angeles (CNN) -- The legendary rock band KISS signed up to pay tribute to Michael Jackson in an October concert that will also headline Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Cee Lo Green and JLS, the promoters told CNN Monday.

Musicians who played in Jackson's touring band for the past two decades will also reunite as the house band for "Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert" in Cardiff, Wales, according to promoter Global Live Events.

Kevin Dorsey, who served as musical director for several Michael Jackson tours, will also direct the October 8 show, it was announced Monday.

Katherine Jackson, matriarch of the musical family, appeared on CNN Monday to discuss the show, which will also include performances by her children and grandchildren.

"I know he would be very excited about KISS," Michael Jackson's mother said.

But fan reaction posted on the concert's Facebook page was negative to news that KISS would perform.

"This is a complete disgrace," wrote one fan. "You can kiss your audience goodbye folks. I doubt whether any self-respecting fan will pay a penny to see that man after the comments he made about Michael. I'm shocked this act was even considered."

Many of the negative comments referred to a story published by the Canadian Press a week after Jackson's death on June 25, 2009, quoting KISS leader Gene Simmons concerning sexual molestation allegations against the pop star.

The promoter appeared unaware of the controversy Monday when CNN asked for a reaction.

It appeared unlikely the tribute stage would be the scene for a reunion for the surviving members of the Jackson 5. Two of the brothers, Jermaine and Randy, have publicly objected to the show being held at the same time Michael Jackson's doctor is on trial for his death.

"We want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family," the two brothers said in a joint statement after their mother and four siblings endorsed the show.

"While we wholeheartedly support the spirit of a tribute that honors our brother, we find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death," Jermaine and Randy Jackson said.

Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial begins in September and is expected to continue through October.

"The trial is very important and I can understand how Randy and Jermaine feel, but it's been two years," Katherine Jackson told CNN Monday. "I thought it was a good idea; I'd like to keep Michael's legacy alive."

Katherine Jackson plans to attend the trial, although she will miss some days to fly to Wales to attend the show with Michael Jackson's children, she said.

"It will be on a Saturday when the courtroom is dark," Paul Ring, a Global Live Events executive said.

Members of the Jackson family taking the stage October 8 include several of Michael Jackson's brothers, "the next generation of Jacksons," and 3T, which consists of Tito Jackson's three sons, the promoters said.

Alternative rock band Alien Ant Farm and British R&B singer Craig David are also on the bill.

"This concert will unite various generations and musical genres, reminding everyone of just how amazing a talent Michael was," Ring said.
Fans can "register their interest for tickets" online at www.michaelforevertribute.com.

The concert in the Wales Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, which seats 75,000 people, would be at least four hours long, Global Live Events CEO Chris Hunt said.

A spokesman for Michael Jackson's estate said last month that the promoters never sought or obtained permission from the estate's executors to use the late pop singer's name or image.

"The estate has not been contacted and is not involved with Global Live Events in the UK tribute concert announced today," spokesman Jim Bates told CNN at the time.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ...on.tribute.kiss/index.html?section=cnn_latest

All we can do not is wait for the Estates reaction to this. No use in saying how mad we are for hours. Gene Simmons aint worth it.

I think you are missing the point entirely. when the jacksons announced the concert, they billed it as a tribute performed by "a galaxy of stars". This is quite an ambitious statement to make and so far the handful of artists announced hardly fit that billing. no offence to these artists but most of them are second rated at best. which means that the statement was made to deceive the public in the first place and trick them into buying tickets at exorbitant prices. It's like you watch a movie trailer at a cinema or on TV, and it says state of the art movie production from x,y,z. but only to find out in the end the movie was everything but "state of the art" production.

And lets not kid ourselves here. this concert is NOT about honoring MJ. it's more like a quick money-scheme put together to undermine the Estate of MJ and fill the pockets of all kinds of leeches, including the Jacksons. I would not support a project of this nature. I could not care less whether it's organised by the Jacksons or anyone else. as long as it does not have the Estate blessing the project should be red flagged. MJ left behind people in charge of his affairs through his Estate. I personally think it's almost tragic to see his extended family fighting against such people and worse using his children for profit.

No, I think you missed the point. It is not about whether you think these artists are up to par or not, it is about how some are expressing this in a way that strips them of any dignity that I think is the problem. The artists not living up to expectations is no reason to demean them and as was said by numerous people is the fault of the organizers and not the artists themselves.

OMG! I said in a very early post that nothing would surprise me about this tribute.... I was wrong.
At the juncture I would whole heartedly support an mjjc boycott of this event, perhaps we could take a vote?

I don't even think we need a vote. That's just my opinion, but everyone who still supports this can just leave. And try to find an MJ fan board that still supports this thing.

Kevin Dorsey, who served as musical director for several Michael Jackson tours, will also direct the October 8 show, it was announced Monday.

Kevin Dorsey? Whose Kevin Dorsey?

That name does not ring a bell. I can recognize some of the names, but that one I don't think I ever heard of before.

Anybody remember when Mr. Dorsey worked with Michael.

In the words of a legend: "Sickened, Saddened, Shocked and upset"!

A few pages back (Pg.83 I think), I made a post saying that I would be going and that I would take my daughter with me to celebrate Michael's life. I believed that maybe people had got it wrong and that I would be there to show the world that I loved Michael.... I now am sure that I was wrong.

I have been a Michael fan for a very long time, through thick and thin, trial and memorial... I was there. For this, I will not be!!

I am so upset that Gene Simmons has been added to the list of artists. I was excited to see the addition of Pixie Lott, Diversity etc... but KISS is just the final straw.

Michael, I am sorry!!!

I said to my girlfriend today that if I as a fan were to announce that I was organising a non profit concert and that artists should call me to attend, I would expect the likes of Mariah, Beyonce, Celine, Elton, Diana, Smokey, Usher, R.Kelly, Justin, Stevie and so on and so on to call and WANT to be there.

I am in no way trying to put down the artists that are due to attend... but surely, if this was a concert to believe in... THE GREATEST ARTISTS IN THE WORLD, AND FRIENDS OF MICHAEL.... would all want to play a part???

KISS????? KISS MY ASS!!!!!

The estate are due to make a statement.... they need a loophole to SHUT THIS THING DOWN>>> NOW!!!!!!!

In the words of a legend: "Sickened, Saddened, Shocked and upset"!

A few pages back (Pg.83 I think), I made a post saying that I would be going and that I would take my daughter with me to celebrate Michael's life. I believed that maybe people had got it wrong and that I would be there to show the world that I loved Michael.... I now am sure that I was wrong.

I have been a Michael fan for a very long time, through thick and thin, trial and memorial... I was there. For this, I will not be!!

I am so upset that Gene Simmons has been added to the list of artists. I was excited to see the addition of Pixie Lott, Diversity etc... but KISS is just the final straw.

Michael, I am sorry!!!

I said to my girlfriend today that if I as a fan were to announce that I was organising a non profit concert and that artists should call me to attend, I would expect the likes of Mariah, Beyonce, Celine, Elton, Diana, Smokey, Usher, R.Kelly, Justin, Stevie and so on and so on to call and WANT to be there.

I am in no way trying to put down the artists that are due to attend... but surely, if this was a concert to believe in... THE GREATEST ARTISTS IN THE WORLD, AND FRIENDS OF MICHAEL.... would all want to play a part???

KISS????? KISS MY ASS!!!!!

The estate are due to make a statement.... they need a loophole to SHUT THIS THING DOWN>>> NOW!!!!!!!

its ok..:hug:

Kevin Dorsey? Whose Kevin Dorsey?

That name does not ring a bell. I can recognize some of the names, but that one I don't think I ever heard of before.

Anybody remember when Mr. Dorsey worked with Michael.

Wiki says he was chorist for Dangerous Tour...
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_World_Tour

an animation 3d website says he was musical director:
http://www.adventuresinanimation.com/Cast/VoiceActors.htm

California college of Music says he was on Dangerous and HIStory tour and contributed on Invincible
http://www.ccmcollege.com/faculty/voice/kevindorsey.php

Michael Jackson - History Tour
Assistant Music Director/Vocal Director/ Backup Vocals
Michael Jackson - Dangerous World Tour
Dangerous: The Short Films (video short)
Michael Jackson - Bad Tour

The promoter appeared unaware of the controversy Monday when CNN asked for a reaction.

Why was it so predictable?

dz8bjk.gif

and then there is katherine sayng that her Children and her grandchilren will be performing.....who is she taking about.???? 3t?? OR Prince Paris and Blanket??? as I stated and got called out on it....guess we shall see. I put NOTHING passed these bottom of the barrel people.

No, I think you missed the point. It is not about whether you think these artists are up to par or not, it is about how some are expressing this in a way that strips them of any dignity that I think is the problem. The artists not living up to expectations is no reason to demean them and as was said by numerous people is the fault of the organizers and not the artists themselves.

it's not about demeaning them. Again you are missing the point. it;s about acknowledging the fact. let's call apples apples instead of oranges. if an artist is second rated. it does NOT mean he's not an artist. instead it means that his level of artistry is below certain threshold or standard of quality. pretty much the way a 3 star hotel is rated lower compared to a 5 stars hotel due to the disparity of the services. but it does not mean that people demean 3 star hotels by rating them lower than their 5 stars counterparts.

Inviting KISS to their "tribute"? How low can you go!? I'm beyond angry about this now! Before I didn't care, but now...I hope fans that plan to attend this "tribute" wise up and stay the hell away from it! Ugh :puke:

it's not about demeaning them. Again you are missing the point. it;s about acknowledging the fact. let's call apples apples instead of oranges. if an artist is second rated. it does NOT mean he's not an artist. instead it means that his level of artistry is below certain threshold or standard of quality. pretty much the way a 3 star hotel is rated lower compared to a 5 stars hotel due to the disparity of the services. but it does not mean that people demean 3 star hotels by rating them lower than their 5 stars counterparts.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth over something that at the moment really does not matter. I listed in my posts some of the things people were saying and it went much further than just calling them second rate. And let's face it, this is not about the artistry of these artists that people disagree with, it is directly proportional to their popularity. You can have a 4 star hotel that is not very popular. But when you rate hotels you have a very specific criteria that can guage this. These artists like Craig, and Leona, and Christina, and Cee Lo, are very artistic and they are definitely not below some of the singers people have named like Rihanna, etc in any way but popularity. So please don't try to justify for me what I have seen taking place here and the very real motivation for why peope have reacted a certain way. It all comes down to who's more popular. People are not upset because of these people's artistry, they don't think they are big enough names to be involved in this tribute and that is the bottom line.

Back