Jackson ordered to pay law firm $175K

he would be able to afford things if his stupid ass former accountants didn't wipe out his account. u can't expect that he put money in there, ask them to pay for things, pay them from another account, and then view the balance and see it's wiped out and then assumed they didn't pay. that's exactly what they did.

when the employees weren't being paid, when the insurance lapsed, when services rendered went unpaid....mj had that money in that account, it was wiped out. so he had to pay everyone twice and now the accountants twice as well b/c not only did they pay themselves, but he paid them, and then they sued him...so hell, he paid them three times

he would be able to afford things if his stupid ass former accountants didn't wipe out his account. u can't expect that he put money in there, ask them to pay for things, pay them from another account, and then view the balance and see it's wiped out and then assumed they didn't pay. that's exactly what they did.

when the employees weren't being paid, when the insurance lapsed, when services rendered went unpaid....mj had that money in that account, it was wiped out. so he had to pay everyone twice and now the accountants twice as well b/c not only did they pay themselves, but he paid them, and then they sued him...so hell, he paid them three times[/b]

Oh ok, so you know one of the employees?

she writes her own checks...but who puts them together? that heffa don't manager her own money. she got people that pay this and that out...so she signs them...big deal. it could be an 'oprah stamp' signature...i doubt she signs every check...just like i doubt she's really w/ stedman and gayle is just her buddy[/b]
Matters not, no one is writing a check with her signing it FIRST or behind her back. That is why she is worth BILLIONS. That says it all. It does not matter what anyone doubts, the proof is in the pudding. SHE has a CASH WORTH of a BILLION (this is not including her assets).

um...did u not hear about the workman's comp issue that caused mj to be fined by the state of california?

did u not read about the conspiracy in which raymone alleged?

and um...check ur pm

Matters not, no one is writing a check with her signing it FIRST or behind her back. That is why she is worth BILLIONS. That says it all. It does not matter what anyone doubts, the proof is in the pudding. SHE has a CASH WORTH of a BILLION (this is not including her assets).[/b]

You started off saying Michael should handle his own money. But Oprah doesn't do it all herself, that's not the problem. You should have just said Michael should take more initiative.

YES it is including her assets and she's only worth that much b/c she's a corporation that listened to the man. when she started, she was for her people and for middle income minorities...now she caters to upper class whites. she had to sell her soul to get where she's at and if mj did the same, he'd be on top as well...as we allknow, he didn't and he was accused and they've been on him ever since.

that woman is trash...she'll give away cars for free....cars she got for free as well, and then not pay the taxes on it...so thanx for helping those who needed it but um...they can't pay the $10K in taxes due in four months....lame ass gifts from a lame ass woman

Well, when you can't pay then you have to cut back on expenses, sell your assets, go to work or declare bankruptcy! Easy is that! Don't continue to live like a king, if you can't afford it! This has nothing to do with kicking a brotha when he's down... it's simple logic! It's the way it works in this world! Otherwise you will get sued left and right!

Well, I do pay my bills! And if there is something I can't afford, then I won't buy it!

This is a Michael Jackson discussion board! There is no rule which says that we can only discuss the positive things!

Again, I totally agree![/b]
Exactly. And I think all VIEWS are in hope that Michael get through this mess.

there is no mess...there's fraud. how can u get on the guy for not paying or saying he's overspending when dude is alleging that the people suing him are out to do him wrong?

YES it is including her assets and she's only worth that much b/c she's a corporation that listened to the man. when she started, she was for her people and for middle income minorities...now she caters to upper class whites. she had to sell her soul to get where she's at and if mj did the same, he'd be on top as well...as we allknow, he didn't and he was accused and they've been on him ever since.

that woman is trash...she'll give away cars for free....cars she got for free as well, and then not pay the taxes on it...so thanx for helping those who needed it but um...they can't pay the $10K in taxes due in four months....lame ass gifts from a lame ass woman[/b]
Excuse me but Michael's name is a corporation as well. I do not care who is buying Orpah (many people have said the same about Michael being a cross over artist. so that does not fly with me). $$$$$ is $$$$ and there is no rule that a black person has to be LIMITED to minorities in order to sell and be successful. If the upper class is making her successful, good for OPrah just like if the INTERNATIONAL is still buying Michael, good for him. As for her gifts, if her names sells it and to give to people, I have no problem with that either. IF people can not pay taxes on gifts, there is a thing called "SELL IT" and get the money off of it. IT is still a blessing to get that much.

Im not upset that white folks are buying her bs...im upset that the target audience in which her show was geared to when she first started in the 80s has gone from what was important to what could make her rich. she's not motiviated by what's right, she's motivated by money....and yes, they've said the same about mike...selling out...i'll bite my tongue on that one.

but don't compare oprah, someone that no one wants to screw over to mike, someone who's always been screwed over

but don't compare oprah, someone that no one wants to screw over to mike, someone who's always been screwed over[/b]
Well, you know, maybe he's asking for it... maybe his whole reputation is contributing to it... or maybe not everyone asking for money is trying to screw him over! Maybe there are some legit demands... or do you seriously believe that every one of the people asking for money in the last 3 or 4 years are crooks?? You can't seriously believe that! Oprah also has a lot of money, even more than Michael, as far as the public knows, but still, it seems like she's not getting sued left and right!

Besides, what you personally think of Oprah, doesn't have anything to do with the issue at hand (I can't stand her either)!

Im not upset that white folks are buying her bs...im upset that the target audience in which her show was geared to when she first started in the 80s has gone from what was important to what could make her rich. she's not motiviated by what's right, she's motivated by money....and yes, they've said the same about mike...selling out...i'll bite my tongue on that one.

but don't compare oprah, someone that no one wants to screw over to mike, someone who's always been screwed over[/b]
There is no difference in Michael and Oprah in that regards. Again the same was said about Michael (even to his plastic surgery. so if we are going to criticized one, then do BOTH. otherwise, it is just hypocrisy). I am sure are those who want to screwd over Oprah, it is just that she has not open the door for them to do it.

Well, you know, maybe he's asking for it... maybe his whole reputation is contributing to it... or maybe not everyone asking for money is trying to screw him over! Maybe there are some legit demands... or do you seriously believe that every one of the people asking for money in the last 3 or 4 years are crooks?? You can't seriously believe that! Oprah also has a lot of money, even more than Michael, as far as the public knows, but still, it seems like she's not getting sued left and right!

Besides, what you personally think of Oprah, doesn't have anything to do with the issue at hand (I can't stand her either)![/b]
I agree. By right, she is a bigger target than Michael. She is rich, a woman, black, very highly watched, very successful, got the midus touch because when something in on her show, it sells and goes to number ONE), etc. bUt we do not see this in her camp (and believe me, if it was going it, it would be reported with gleem by some. I have already heard a reporter say, she has so much power in the media).

Telling Michael to write his own checks and comparing him to other people's advice is a bit farfetched. MJ is in a different industry, the music industry where it's almost impossible to write your own cheques.

Look at all the musicians, intelligent, knowledgeable, who complain of having been cheated out of their wealth, some bankrupt. Michael was direct when he said this in that deposition, that everyone knows the entertainment industry is full of schmucks and impostors. Some of the greatest, including Osmonds, have been cheated and driven to bankruptcy by this kind of thing. Michael should be commended that he's still standing strong.

Let's say Justin hires a tour promoter. With all that stuff comes a bunch of others, lawyers, costume designers, accountants, producers.
Justin cannot handle all that stuff, as well as stage and performance preparation and a lot of other endless stuff. He has to get a manager or a team to manage. and brief him.

Now when the manager he gets cheats him, the accountants cheat him, the lawyers cheat him, the tour promoters cheat him, if they are not giving him the right information, there is no way MJ can go through the multitude of books, receipts to check that out. Even a forensic auditor takes months as happened in the Schaffel case.

Now picture Michael with his vast music empire. It's a nightmare. As you saw with LeGrand, his managers. His managers tell him to fire LeGrand. Meanwhile, LeGrand is onto his managers for fraud. Then he has Bashir messing him up, Sony messing him up, Steeltown dragging him into a lawsuit that's not his business, and believe me, it's tough to know what to do, you are caught in a spin, who do you trust? who do you mistrust? The manager? The lawyers?

That's why when this stuff happened in 2003, the first thing Randy did was to fire everyone around Michael. Even before that, all the other people were locked out.

The Cheque thing doesn't register because most of these people, MJ has not written a cheque for them. They try to push themselves into his business, or someone tries to bring them in as Schaffel pushed himself in after the Bashir doc, that's when he had been fired. That's a crisis moment when MJ doesn't know who is doing what. It's his managers who have brought Schaffel in. He gets fired again and then sues for millions.
Ayscough is brought in to defend what is a bogus case, he doesn't do satisfactory work and is terminated, then he also sues and in filings, releases what Michael owes others.

Schaffel and Ayscough know the media does not like Michael, so they engage in defamation and slander to give them an edge and force MJ to give in to their inflated claims. They make threats in private and in public. Schaffel begins that stuff of tapes and a lot of other stuff he said and did, including that stuff about adopting kids in Brazil. The media only reports one side of the story which is slander. Have you ever heard the media talk about part 2 of the Schaffel case?

Michael fired Myung Ho Lee for the same reason, attempting to defraud him with a forged signature for $13million. How many in the media report that?
Then he has to deal with negativity that judges and potential jurors read about him.

MJ pays his bills. It has come to a point that to avoid being taken advantage of, he cannot even attend a family wedding so as not to meet strangers.
He gets sued by people he has never met and judges don't throw out what are bogus cases, forcing MJ to spend money. He had to spend money on Kapon, Bartucci and the woman claiming to be the mother of his 2 kids when surely all the judge needs is are the birth certificates from the hospital where they were born and then the weight falls on the woman to prove otherwise. But when MJ sues claiming threats, a judge immediately throws it out saying there is no merit. Why not let the jurors decide if there is no merit? Then wants to force MJ to answer questions.

Everyone comes with inflated figures, the media reports that and one side of the story. Then some here jump on the bandwagon to bash Michael. I wish it was as simple as "writing your own cheques". People get recommended to Michael as trustworthy. When they get to him, they turn and reveal their evil side. Uri Geller referred Bashir as a "respected journalist" and MJ repeated that statement to Bashir. Then what happened? The accountants were referred to MJ as reputable, then what happened? And some here find it easy to say "MJ pay your bills". Would you freely pay any fraudster who walked your way and dragged you into court? Why should MJ do so? Let him fight them in court so that they know MJ will not cough up anyhow. No easy money. No claiming millions. They will have to prove what MJ owes them, which is far better MJ paying that plus legal costs than paying millions for nothing only to attract more leaches that think they will get easy money after Chandlers. All these stems from Chandlers. Everyone who scams MJ knows that was a scam so they also think of easy money but MJ is changing that tide and they now realize they will have to fight in court for every penny

MJ who has about $5million a year legal budget is far better off that way, spending $300,000 here, $200,000 there on legal cases, than giving in to Schaffel's $3million here and another million dollar extortion there.

What it then adds up to is that instead of MJ giving in to Schaffel for $3million, he spends only $900,000 plus legal costs. Not forgetting $200,000 to MJ and stage 2. MJ's current strategy is the best. Fight the cases. Appeal as far as you can. Because only then will these scams subside when they know MJ is ready to go all the way. When these leeches are seated in the cafes discussing who is an easy target to make money off, MJ's name is now starting to get off that list. One leech will tell the other "man, that Jackson is not easy now, I sued him, my case was reduced, and he still appealed, the guy does not relent now".
I would rather have that than "man, I made easy money on that Jackson. You know he fears negative publicity. If you can just get to him then make money, steal from his accounts. If he cuts you off, sue millions, create slander and leak to Roger Friedman, he'll just give in rather than fight and you have made yourself some free millions."

Michael needs to ignore hysterical fans who don't know better and refuse to pay. Fight and appeal all the way. What else can the media do? What more negative publicity can they generate than they did in 2005? Michael does not pay? Someone will pick up the newspaper, read that, drop it and move on with their lives. Let's say the media says Madonna does not pay her bills, who is it going to bother? Someone will read it one day and then move on. They will say, well it's her problem. Only Madonna fans may care. And with that, as long as MJ fans know he's handling his business, there's no need to fret.

And this shows from MJ's lawyer who was happy with the outcome, paying far less than Ayscough asked for.

I do believe that atleast some of MJ:s staff has been working to sabotage him and to try to make him look as a con artist, and if it was true that the Prince had sued him how come nobody else knows about that exept a certain person who is banned and has obvioulsy lied about so many other things (phnemonia, liver problems, completely "forgets" part 2 in the Shaffelcase etc. Why are there no other articles at all from AP or whatever?. I remember MJ countersued this lawfirm but it was dismissed but I think he appealed.

@rsw22
Okay, we get it... everyone is evil, all good and trustworthy people turn evil and the whole world is out get poor, little Michael Jackson! Listen to yourself! Sure, there might be some crooks, nobody is denying that, but to believe that everyone is a criminal, trying to defraud Michael, you have to live in your own Neverland!

And as for judges throwing out most of Michael's claims... well, maybe there is a reason! You can't just say everbody is a fraud and there is conspiracy without any plausible proof whatsoever!

Hmmm this thread... some tough accusations thrown around.... I love to stick to my own business, to put it nicely. Soso def I am mostly agree with your inputs.

The line of people the try to sew Michael is SO long

Can someone let him breath for ONE MINUTE

Great post rsw22, I don't understand why people can't see that it was all a plot to send Michael into involuntary bankruptcy, and when he was acquited it went into panic stations and overdrive. Michael didn't even know half these lawyers were working for him because they were taken on by Whitman for the very purpose I just pointed out. Mike was tied up with the trial, what better time to go for the throat.

RSW22, I agree with what you just said and I loved the way you laid it out. It's a trip the way some people on here are quick to believe that this is happening because 'Michael doesn't pay his bills'. Michael's situation not as cut and dry nor black or white like people want to make it seem.

But the only way people will understand another person's situation is if they experience it themselves. Then it's like "Oh NOW I see!!" But until or unless people experience Michael's situation themselves, they will continue to chime in their judgemental 'shoulda, woulda, coulda's' and shaking their heads and wagging their scolding finger at bad, bad Michael.

well said as always rsw

Well, when you can't pay then you have to cut back on expenses, sell your assets, go to work or declare bankruptcy! Easy is that! Don't continue to live like a king, if you can't afford it! This has nothing to do with kicking a brotha when he's down... it's simple logic! It's the way it works in this world! Otherwise you will get sued left and right![/b]

and from what we have seen what you are saying is not the case. in most cases as soon as laswuits are filed if the said amount of money is owed then it is paid and the lawsuit is ended.as reported in one case the plantif said the only way to get through and get a responce was to file the suit. they didnt want to but had no choice. then the case was settled. we have seen that in quite a few cases. if u dont have the money that wouldnt happen. and in alot of the cases that have been fought the final amount awarded was far less then what was being asked for. showing the obvious reasons for not settling straight away.

like i said b4 u cant pay bills if u arent even aware that they excist. if you are paying others to do the job of paying bills then that it was they should be doing. if they dont tell you the bills havnt been paid then you never know until the lawsuit lands on your desk. considering as i said above must legit lawsuits get settled pretty much straight on it seems to me that the bills werent even known about interms of not being paid until the lawsuits came.im not saying its a good way to run things.as others said some of the staff had never even met or talked to mj yet were invovled in dealing with his fianances. of cause you cant be standing over them but you should be aware of what money is going in and out through having meetings with your staff. At the end of the day none of this crap used to happen or if it did it was on a very small scale b4 weisner,konitzer and co came on the scene and we all saw what they were upto via the trial. interms of screwing mj. all these lawsuits arise from their years of involvement and it will prob take a good while to clear them all. but anyway we have the same discussions everytime theres an article about a lawsuit. its nothing new and wont change until they have all been delt with one way or the other

@rsw22
Okay, we get it... everyone is evil, all good and trustworthy people turn evil and the whole world is out get poor, little Michael Jackson! Listen to yourself! Sure, there might be some crooks, nobody is denying that, but to believe that everyone is a criminal, trying to defraud Michael, you have to live in your own Neverland!

And as for judges throwing out most of Michael's claims... well, maybe there is a reason! You can't just say everbody is a fraud and there is conspiracy without any plausible proof whatsoever![/b]
You are really ridding his high horse alittle too much. we have a nut case sueing mj saying she had his kids, what did the judge do, let it ride for as long as it could have gone. Mj is not given a fair chance in any court, and if you cannot understand that, you need to move on. I am getting sick of people on thier high horse telling others how to live their lives.

You are really ridding his high horse alittle too much. we have a nut case sueing mj saying she had his kids, what did the judge do, let it ride for as long as it could have gone. Mj is not given a fair chance in any court, and if you cannot understand that, you need to move on. I am getting sick of people on thier high horse telling others how to live their lives.[/b]

I agree. Some people need to worry about their own business affairs instead of trying to analyze Michael's all the time.

and from what we have seen what you are saying is not the case.[/b]
I wasn't saying that that was the case... I was responding to someone who said, that that might be the reason of why he's not paying!

in most cases as soon as laswuits are filed if the said amount of money is owed then it is paid and the lawsuit is ended.as reported in one case the plantif said the only way to get through and get a responce was to file the suit. they didnt want to but had no choice. then the case was settled. we have seen that in quite a few cases. if u dont have the money that wouldnt happen. and in alot of the cases that have been fought the final amount awarded was far less then what was being asked for. showing the obvious reasons for not settling straight away.[/b]
Yes, but that's a bad way to handle your business, if you always have to pay lawyers on top of what you had to pay in the first place... not to mention the bad press and your reputation that goes down the drain!

like i said b4 u cant pay bills if u arent even aware that they excist. if you are paying others to do the job of paying bills then that it was they should be doing. if they dont tell you the bills havnt been paid then you never know until the lawsuit lands on your desk.[/b]
Well, that is the case if you don't care and are oblivious to what is going on around you and think everything will be taken care of! But if you're on top of things, like you say, have meetings with your staff, acountants and so on in regular intervalls and let them know that you are watching them, it shouldn't be that hard to know what is going on! There are receipts and records that show where the money went! Of course that's boring and he doesn't seem to be that interested, but it's his ass that get's sued all the time! Obviously he never had to deal with that before, as he always had trustworthy people around him, who handled his shit well... but in the last couple of years it's not working anymore.... especially during the trial he should have noticed some things!

im not saying its a good way to run things.as others said some of the staff had never even met or talked to mj yet were invovled in dealing with his fianances. of cause you cant be standing over them but you should be aware of what money is going in and out through having meetings with your staff. At the end of the day none of this crap used to happen or if it did it was on a very small scale b4 weisner,konitzer and co came on the scene and we all saw what they were upto via the trial. interms of screwing mj. all these lawsuits arise from their years of involvement and it will prob take a good while to clear them all. but anyway we have the same discussions everytime theres an article about a lawsuit. its nothing new and wont change until they have all been delt with one way or the other[/b]
Yes, you'd think after the trial he learned to be more hands on! But it's now over 2 years after the trial and it doesn't look like much has changed!

You are really ridding his high horse alittle too much. we have a nut case sueing mj saying she had his kids, what did the judge do, let it ride for as long as it could have gone. Mj is not given a fair chance in any court, and if you cannot understand that, you need to move on. I am getting sick of people on thier high horse telling others how to live their lives.[/b]
Oh yes.. all judges hate Michael Jackson! He did throw that shit out, right? The Santa Maria hospital thing also got thrown out, right? So don't act like all judge hate Michael Jackson!

Never did I say that all case are legit! I'm just saying that not all people are crooks out to get Michael Jackson! Some cases obviously do have merit, hence him ordered for the 3rd time (?) now to pay this lawyer!

You people act like your MJ's personal assistant. Attacking each other about things you don't know nothing about, apart from what you hear or read. Jeeze,

Back