Jackson ordered to pay law firm $175K

He's good in the sense that he understand business, he understands how to make money. He's not good at the details involved in keeping track. But he does understand the business of making money, believe it.[/b]

good point...

Oprah and Donald are human...too.. not perfect...they get lawsuits lauded against them too.. but I guess its what people want to focus on...

as far as people around Michael.. and some peeps judgement of how he runs his business.. well.. there is NO way an African-American artist (with talent) could have achieved what he has achieved in these here United States.. if he only had bumbling idiots around him...and if he didn't have some sense about "THE BUSINESS"...

a few lawsuits does not an airhead make.................

He's good in the sense that he understand business, he understands how to make money. He's not good at the details involved in keeping track. But he does understand the business of making money, believe it.[/b]

good point...

Oprah and Donald are human...too.. not perfect...they get lawsuits lauded against them too.. but I guess its what people want to focus on...

as far as people around Michael.. and some peeps judgement of how he runs his business.. well.. there is NO way an African-American artist (with talent) could have achieved what he has achieved in these here United States.. if he only had bumbling idiots around him...and if he didn't have some sense about "THE BUSINESS"...

a few lawsuits does not an airhead make.................

whisper's right...this was something that happened THEN...we don't know how mj's handling his biz now or how londell and raymone are locking shiiit down....

and patrick, of ALL THE FANS TO ACCUSE OF LIVING IN THEIR OWN NEVERLAND U CHOOSE RSW? :rollin: i mean....of all of the posters?

whisper's right...this was something that happened THEN...we don't know how mj's handling his biz now or how londell and raymone are locking shiiit down....

and patrick, of ALL THE FANS TO ACCUSE OF LIVING IN THEIR OWN NEVERLAND U CHOOSE RSW? :rollin: i mean....of all of the posters?

This thread is hilarious but Kate told it like it is. Mike was going through mad shit back then. I'm sure he tried to pay bills but they probably bounced or something. I don't totally fault the people suing him or fault Mike for "not being able to pay" but I can understand both sides of the spectrum.

This thread is hilarious but Kate told it like it is. Mike was going through mad shit back then. I'm sure he tried to pay bills but they probably bounced or something. I don't totally fault the people suing him or fault Mike for "not being able to pay" but I can understand both sides of the spectrum.

bottom line is, the court has ruled and michael must pay. if there is any sunshine through the dark clouds, it is that michael will only pay USD175T and not USD450T which was the original demand of Ayscough and Marar to cover legal costs for hiring another lawyer for the said suit. this brings his tab with Ayscough and Marar to over USD430T. add to his woes are his two other court cases with two other law firms, both for failing to pay legal fees due them.

he has so much debt that i doubt if he is getting any sound financial advice. maybe some people here are right. his child molestation case has probably eaten much into his coffer bec. a lot of people around him took advantage of the situation

bottom line is, the court has ruled and michael must pay. if there is any sunshine through the dark clouds, it is that michael will only pay USD175T and not USD450T which was the original demand of Ayscough and Marar to cover legal costs for hiring another lawyer for the said suit. this brings his tab with Ayscough and Marar to over USD430T. add to his woes are his two other court cases with two other law firms, both for failing to pay legal fees due them.

he has so much debt that i doubt if he is getting any sound financial advice. maybe some people here are right. his child molestation case has probably eaten much into his coffer bec. a lot of people around him took advantage of the situation

um no...wasn't he already ordered to pay them? and he did, and this is a new verdict? he owes them that much, PLUS INTEREST......

he can always go back and sue them. but this judge wasn't havin' it and im sure they got the goods they need now, cuz y the hell would raymone be so adamant about a conspiracy then shut her mouth? she spoke w/o having it all together, and is now silent while gathering the goods

timmy, u get them cd's yet? :rollin:

um no...wasn't he already ordered to pay them? and he did, and this is a new verdict? he owes them that much, PLUS INTEREST......

he can always go back and sue them. but this judge wasn't havin' it and im sure they got the goods they need now, cuz y the hell would raymone be so adamant about a conspiracy then shut her mouth? she spoke w/o having it all together, and is now silent while gathering the goods

timmy, u get them cd's yet? :rollin:

he has so much debt that i doubt if he is getting any sound financial advice. maybe some people here are right. his child molestation case has probably eaten much into his coffer bec. a lot of people around him took advantage of the situation[/b]

I have to agree. And there has to come a point where Michael and the people who really do have his best interest at heart have to sit down and come up with a very serious plan to turn this around. Whether the shysters around him caused these problems isn't an issue at least for now IMO because whatever they did, they got away with it for the time being because Michael has to clean up the mess. Only when the debts have been paid in full will he be able to start legally going after those people to recoup what he has lost from all of this. But as to the situations at hand, this cannot continue forever. Something needs to be done. No question about it. Otherwise he'll be up to his neck in lawsuits for the rest of his life.

he has so much debt that i doubt if he is getting any sound financial advice. maybe some people here are right. his child molestation case has probably eaten much into his coffer bec. a lot of people around him took advantage of the situation[/b]

I have to agree. And there has to come a point where Michael and the people who really do have his best interest at heart have to sit down and come up with a very serious plan to turn this around. Whether the shysters around him caused these problems isn't an issue at least for now IMO because whatever they did, they got away with it for the time being because Michael has to clean up the mess. Only when the debts have been paid in full will he be able to start legally going after those people to recoup what he has lost from all of this. But as to the situations at hand, this cannot continue forever. Something needs to be done. No question about it. Otherwise he'll be up to his neck in lawsuits for the rest of his life.

That stuff of MJ looking after his brand is unfortunate. MJ has been in this business since 5 yrs old. Oprah and Trump have not. Show me anyone like MJ who has been famous since a child who hasn't gone through storms. Liz Taylor did. Culkin at one time at age 14 just gave up on it all and said "take it, take the name, take everything, i just want my life back".

Donald Trump and Oprah had some sort of life before their ambition to achieve. MJ Culkin and Liz Taylor, Liza Minnelli and a lot of others did not.

At the end of the day, what really matters is Michael is alive, living his life and happy with his kids and not in a grave as has happened to so many famous childstars and adults.

All this stuff about $175,000 really takes a far third place after what Michael has been through and he will deal with it. If some here truly cared for MJ, you'ld spare him all this grief and let him handle his personal bills. We all know why the media put this story as headline but i've hardly seen any of them report the Vogue magazine, the want to dwell on negativity.

All this is a storm in a teacup. The Ayscough thing keeps coming up since when? MJ knows it's going on, the media acts like it's knew. MJ is working on his new projects and he'll have all the money in the world to deal with all this crap.

Atleast he's been strong to carry through all his life and several years down the line, all this will be remember as a terrible time in his life and the truth will be told.

Let the matter rest

That stuff of MJ looking after his brand is unfortunate. MJ has been in this business since 5 yrs old. Oprah and Trump have not. Show me anyone like MJ who has been famous since a child who hasn't gone through storms. Liz Taylor did. Culkin at one time at age 14 just gave up on it all and said "take it, take the name, take everything, i just want my life back".

Donald Trump and Oprah had some sort of life before their ambition to achieve. MJ Culkin and Liz Taylor, Liza Minnelli and a lot of others did not.

At the end of the day, what really matters is Michael is alive, living his life and happy with his kids and not in a grave as has happened to so many famous childstars and adults.

All this stuff about $175,000 really takes a far third place after what Michael has been through and he will deal with it. If some here truly cared for MJ, you'ld spare him all this grief and let him handle his personal bills. We all know why the media put this story as headline but i've hardly seen any of them report the Vogue magazine, the want to dwell on negativity.

All this is a storm in a teacup. The Ayscough thing keeps coming up since when? MJ knows it's going on, the media acts like it's knew. MJ is working on his new projects and he'll have all the money in the world to deal with all this crap.

Atleast he's been strong to carry through all his life and several years down the line, all this will be remember as a terrible time in his life and the truth will be told.

Let the matter rest

Surely some of you financial analysts must realise that these lawsuits that materialise into the mainstream media are shady in itself for being in the limelight. They cannot in whatever way represent the entire business dealings involving Michael Jackson. So No, not everyone is out to get MJ but these ones we see ARE. Further, these lawsuits are concerning services that were rendered even before the trial..so it shouldn't be boiled down to the fact that Michael does not learn from his mistakes nonesense.

Were some of you taking the piss when you said, if MJ haven't got money then he has to cut his expenses ???

:lol: :lol: ROFL! Where are these business advisors when you want them....tell him to sell his flat downgrade to a modest three bedroom apartment, shop at his local green grocers, make sure he doesn't buy no more dsesigner attire, lay off the laptops and flat screen tvs, stop making all these overseas trips hobnobbing with royalty etc etc.

:lol: I get some hilarious mental images!!

Surely some of you financial analysts must realise that these lawsuits that materialise into the mainstream media are shady in itself for being in the limelight. They cannot in whatever way represent the entire business dealings involving Michael Jackson. So No, not everyone is out to get MJ but these ones we see ARE. Further, these lawsuits are concerning services that were rendered even before the trial..so it shouldn't be boiled down to the fact that Michael does not learn from his mistakes nonesense.

Were some of you taking the piss when you said, if MJ haven't got money then he has to cut his expenses ???

:lol: :lol: ROFL! Where are these business advisors when you want them....tell him to sell his flat downgrade to a modest three bedroom apartment, shop at his local green grocers, make sure he doesn't buy no more dsesigner attire, lay off the laptops and flat screen tvs, stop making all these overseas trips hobnobbing with royalty etc etc.

:lol: I get some hilarious mental images!!

Let the matter rest[/b]

Thank you!!!

All of this circus here for $175,000? Hello?!?!? The sum was nicelly reduced from 450,000 to 170,000. Almost all these trials Michael now fights are nicelly reduced. If those who get him in trial were that honest, why their sums are getting reduced?? :innocent:

Compare these civil trials, with the other one.... there is no ground for comparation, no ground for such drama. Some of you're throwing a storm in a glass of water, for real. Michael seems relaxed, and some of you, curiously enough, seem to miss the big ol' trial's days....

Let the matter rest[/b]

Thank you!!!

All of this circus here for $175,000? Hello?!?!? The sum was nicelly reduced from 450,000 to 170,000. Almost all these trials Michael now fights are nicelly reduced. If those who get him in trial were that honest, why their sums are getting reduced?? :innocent:

Compare these civil trials, with the other one.... there is no ground for comparation, no ground for such drama. Some of you're throwing a storm in a glass of water, for real. Michael seems relaxed, and some of you, curiously enough, seem to miss the big ol' trial's days....

Thank you!!!

Compare these civil trials, with the other one.... there is no ground for comparation, no ground for such drama. Some of you're throwing a storm in a glass of water, for real. Michael seems relaxed, and some of you, curiously enough, seem to miss that big ol' trial's days....[/b]
Absolutely. but notice that some fans only come out when there are bills to pay. :innocent:

Thank you!!!

Compare these civil trials, with the other one.... there is no ground for comparation, no ground for such drama. Some of you're throwing a storm in a glass of water, for real. Michael seems relaxed, and some of you, curiously enough, seem to miss that big ol' trial's days....[/b]
Absolutely. but notice that some fans only come out when there are bills to pay. :innocent:

Hmmm...

This thread does make an interesting read!

I admire everyone for being honest and it is refreshing to hear people who are going against what 'the norm' feels!

I don't think it's any of my business to talk about Michael and his money.

It's never been on interest to me. Kind of like his health and the whole wig/weave issue - i believe it should remain private.

However, i will say this - I don't believe Michael is short of money - no way - however, in my opinion Michael should have better control over his business because all these lawsuits are doing him no favours at all and are only feeding the media the bad PR - which they love!

Michael short for cash? Oh please....! If he was, he'd be staying in a Best Western in London NOT a £3000 a night hotel in Kensignton! (Can't reallly see that happening lol....!) Michael isn't poor...maybe he's not as rich as he used to be....but poor......the guys earns millions and millions in a year!

Maybe he should tone down his shopping a bit - the Bashir doc was a incrediable insight into just how much money Michael can spend in 15 minutes! Wow!

The guy is 49 years old, let's just trust the guy!

Hmmm...

This thread does make an interesting read!

I admire everyone for being honest and it is refreshing to hear people who are going against what 'the norm' feels!

I don't think it's any of my business to talk about Michael and his money.

It's never been on interest to me. Kind of like his health and the whole wig/weave issue - i believe it should remain private.

However, i will say this - I don't believe Michael is short of money - no way - however, in my opinion Michael should have better control over his business because all these lawsuits are doing him no favours at all and are only feeding the media the bad PR - which they love!

Michael short for cash? Oh please....! If he was, he'd be staying in a Best Western in London NOT a £3000 a night hotel in Kensignton! (Can't reallly see that happening lol....!) Michael isn't poor...maybe he's not as rich as he used to be....but poor......the guys earns millions and millions in a year!

Maybe he should tone down his shopping a bit - the Bashir doc was a incrediable insight into just how much money Michael can spend in 15 minutes! Wow!

The guy is 49 years old, let's just trust the guy!

the thing is, michael wouldn't even be enmessed in legal battles left and right had he paid . bec. he lost the case, he has to pay the 175T in addition to the rightful fee due them for the legal service they did to michael before. the ayscough dispute has been decided. they werent able to get the 450T they were originally asking. the issue now here is michael has to comply-plain and simple. doing so would take a load off his back

the thing is, michael wouldn't even be enmessed in legal battles left and right had he paid . bec. he lost the case, he has to pay the 175T in addition to the rightful fee due them for the legal service they did to michael before. the ayscough dispute has been decided. they werent able to get the 450T they were originally asking. the issue now here is michael has to comply-plain and simple. doing so would take a load off his back

Back