Jacksons versus MJ Estate - The Great Debate

ivy

Proud Member
It's no secret that some of the Jacksons are critical of MJ Estate. It's also no secret that some fans share this opinion.

At the same time we realize that there are some other fans who are critical about Jacksons actions and to their approach to Michael Jackson Estate and Estate related projects.

This topic comes up in multiple threads and derail the those threads. So we decided to open a thread for the discussion of this topic.

In other words this thread is about
- discussion about the tension between the Jacksons and MJ Estate
- your own criticism towards Jacksons and MJ Estate

Please remember that this discussion can be a hot topic and get heated at times.

Please be respectful towards other members and their opinions. No name calling is allowed.

While it's okay to be critical of both Jacksons and MJ Estate on this thread please remember to be respectful. No hating, name calling, threats.

We reserve the right to delete such posts and close this thread if a respectful discussion cannot be maintained and it turns to bashing.

Thank you for starting this thread. I just want to say that after Michael was suddenly and shockingly taken from us on June 25, 2009 my heart totally went out to the Jackson family. I knew they had their flaws but I believed they were as hurt and devastated as I was by Michael’s death. I believed their tears and conspiracy theories because I couldn’t imagine the level of greed, deception, jealousy and contempt I have seen them demonstrate over the past three years toward Michael and his children. I couldn’t conceive of them actually hating Michael and joining with his worse enemies to sabotage and mar his legacy and his Estate. Well the blinders are off now and the Jackson family is totally discredited in my eyes now. I don’t think there is anything they can do to repair the opinion I have of them now and that’s sad. As far as I’m concerned the only Jackson’s I care about now are Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson. The others have lost my respect and all affection I once had for them.

Well, all I wanna say is I'm in the middle....I can't fully trust no one and suspicious of everyone! Both AEG and The Jacksons treated MJ like a commodity! There for I don't care if either one wins or lose in the end and their reputation seriously hurt. I really don't! Next time treat someone with respect and like a person and maybe you'll have better luck? The Estate as well as Sony...the thing is I just can't get passed the whole Michael album thingy, they screwed up badly. And now MJ music is always going to have some doubt to some. Even the songs we all truly know are 100% are being effected. That's unforgivable because that was something MJ was truly untouchable with, his music and now that has gotten tainted! So whether you are a believer or not, I think we can all agree it was handled very badly from the start. So I take every MJ project and look and see carefully on how things are being done first, before I even bother gettin all excited or buyin anything! It will be like that forever for me. That's all!

My 2-cent:

After seeing the Jacksons in action over the past 3+ years, I can totally understand why Michael's will was fashioned like it was.

In my opinion, he went over AND above when it came to taking care of his family, including some of Mother's other "cubs," while he was alive. Why should he have to continue taking care of them even in death.

Until Michael's death, I had no idea how badly the Jacksons were when it came to business. I mean, after all of these years, they have absolutely NOTHING to show from the times they were popular. NOTHING! And that shocked me, because, I figured that they were in a position to have gone in other parts of the show business world, maybe not in front of the camera, but certainly behind the camera. Taking up other positions that could have brought them their own personal wealth and further popularity. But no, what they did was waste many, many years waiting for Michael to join them on stage again, and while they waited, Michael continued to meet their various financial needs (some members of the family, not all).

After all of that, why on earth would Michael want any of them to be in charge of his vast Estate. Some of us on this board may have just found out about the Jacksons' dire financial situations, but Michael certainly knew and that's why he did what he did. He left his Estate in the hands of people who have done a marvelous job, in my opinion.

I hate to think what would have happened to Michael's Estate had he left it in his family's hands. I shudder at the thought actually. They would all end up fighting for control and it would have "probably" ended up worse than the Mommy-Napping saga.

Michael did the correct thing, and thus far, it's working out perfectly and securely for the future of his 3-children.

To my honesty, I can admit I am ashamed of the Jackson Family to feud with the Estate and though I don't believe in opinions, but I said nothing on that subject on the feud unlike the rest of us. I do wish the family would just leave the estate alone and have them do what they have to do.

To my honesty, I can admit I am ashamed of the Jackson Family to feud with the Estate and though I don't believe in opinions, but I said nothing on that subject on the feud unlike the rest of us. I do wish the family would just leave the estate alone and have them do what they have to do.

Agreed. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

To me it looks like the estate are aiming to long term benefits and protecting MJ's legacy.
Jacksons on the other hand is totally opposite.

Michael understood their weaknesses long ago. Then they proved it in that letter to the estate leaked back in August.

I think Michael showed us all how he felt about his family when he wrote his will. And the most recent will mirrors previous wills in that regard. The only thing I question about his will is that he left the guardianship of his children to his mother, and that put them right back into the family mess. I wish he had made other arrangements in that respect, for the sake of the children. But Michael clearly loved and put his trust in his mother, even though he must have known how her loyalties were divided, to say the least. I just hope and pray the kids will be ok and come out of this in one piece.

Wow, what a generaous and ambitious thread. :unsure: well.....while I feel it is possible that, as Michael so generously put it when he was talking, was it to Kenny Ortega, during TII when he said, "I know you mean well"....I like that as a reminder because I know MJ's fans mean well, and so, with that said, could we pleeeeeeeeeease :) refrain from referring to adult humans (not lions or tigers or bears) and who are the offspring of someone, as "cubs" as they are "the man's" siblings, otheriwise imho calling the Jacksons "cubs" is name-calling ... sayin' .................................please :cheeky: and thank you

Wow, what a generaous and ambitious thread. :unsure: well.....while I feel it is possible that, as Michael so generously put it when he was talking, was it to Kenny Ortega, during TII when he said, "I know you mean well"....I like that as a reminder because I know MJ's fans mean well, and so, with that said, could we pleeeeeeeeeease :) refrain from referring to adult humans (not lions or tigers or bears) and who are the offspring of someone, as "cubs" as they are "the man's" siblings, otheriwise imho calling the Jacksons "cubs" is name-calling ... sayin' .................................please :cheeky: and thank you

Agreed. Constructive criticism is fine, and I agree with a lot of it. But the name calling and abuse has gotten out of hand. And it doesn't do anyone any favours.

SoS I get what ur saying, I stopped doin it myself. But, I would like to remind u also that it was Jermaine who called himself a Cub first and his mother a Lioness who takes care of her cubs. Which was odd for a grown man to say. I never expected him to answer my question with that kind of response. But, wasn't at all surprised that he expected (because he simply is related to MJ) that he is entitled to whatever MJ left in his estate and the rest of the family as well.

As bluetopez pointed out "lioness takes care of her cubs" is Jermaine's own statement. I personally do not believe it equals to name calling when Jermaine himself had no problem using that term about himself.

Re: Raymone Bain is releasing a book about Michael Jackson

yeah..these people have no skills. .they need to go to college..get skills..learn survival skills on their own. grow up. It's time for them to stop with hanging on. Michael has been their parent long enough. THey are so immature. get out the house, people. MJ has babysat you long enough!!!

I feel that the Estate are doing their job. But I dont know why the Jackson family want to get involved with that. Maybe they dont trust the Estate. But I guess there is some reason for it. I didnt liked the content of those emails that were leaked and Randy Philips calling MJ names. Just goes to show what was going on in the background with the top wigs in AEG.

I seem to recall something like Jermaine saying something like that, but don't quite recall it, well the thing I feel about Jermaine saying that is ( if anyone has a link that wold be good as always for the sake of discussion, although I definitely believe u guyz) I'm wondering, did he maybe use the expression once? I'm guessing, to maybe express how protective his mother/father/parents were? :unsure: or something of that nature?

er and not over and over as in a sarcastic, sardonic, or bashing, tearing down, "trashing" sort of way :innocent:

but at least we're back on track :D thanks you guyz

Last edited:
I'll have the present executors managing his Estate over anyone of his family members (except for PPB when they are adults and if/when they are no longer under the influence of grandma and family).

Michael's family has shown their incapability of making strategic, long-term business decisions. Most of their business ventures have also been tacky as hell and lacking in class - their brother/son certainly deserves better. If anyone in that family had some business sense, you wouldn't see the whole bunch scrounging around for Michael's $$$ today.

I am not easy on them, because they had so much opportunity to make it on their own, if not in music, in some other business capacity. Most of them were adults or nearing adulthood when J5 was still performing and making money as a group. What did they do with their money? Waste it on women and material things, I suppose. Michael was spot on when he told his Moonwalk ghost writer that they are lazy.

Now they want to handle Michael's millions when they couln't even manage their own? So um... just, No Thank You.

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone can believe the Jacksons expected the executors of the estate to read the letter and go, "oh, ok, then we'd better step down"

I don't see how anyone can believe the Jacksons expected the executors of the estate to read the letter and go, "oh, ok, then we'd better step down"

True... did Randy and crew really believe they would 'scare' them? where is the evidence that Randy was talking to the proper authorities? None of that has ever surfaced. Randy thought the fans would go in on the estate and he thought saying his mother had a 'mini' stroke would garner sympathy. None of that worked. His plan backfired.

I think The Estate has done a very very good job!

And I think some of the Jacksons have done a very very bad job! - They have shown once to many times just how greedy they really are - and that's not pretty to watch!!!

I don't find that the Jacksons stick up for Michael enough. The estate has stopped things like the autopsy tv show that was going to happen and other things like that. The estate seems to want to protect Michael's privacy more. To me his family should be doing that. The family tweets things that hurt them or they do things to protect themselves. But when people try to hurt Michael with their lies they should be the first in line to say enough. That's how I look at how a fmaily should be. The estate is not perfect but they are trying their best and if they make a mistake they seem to try to learn from it. I feel like the family even contributes to the tabloid nonsense.

I remember once Jermaine was on Joy Behar show. He actually called her out on things she said and she actually looked scared and acted like it wasn't her that said things. She did. But I actually liked how he defended Michael. I wish there was more of that.

I don't think they believed that Executors would read the letter and step down. I believe it was done to create negative publicity about Executors. To get the fans turn against them, to get the media against them and so on and therefore put Executors in a weakened position. However due to Granny kidnapping it worked against Jacksons.

I don't find that the Jacksons stick up for Michael enough. The estate has stopped things like the autopsy tv show that was going to happen and other things like that. The estate seems to want to protect Michael's privacy more. To me his family should be doing that. The family tweets things that hurt them or they do things to protect themselves. But when people try to hurt Michael with their lies they should be the first in line to say enough. That's how I look at how a fmaily should be. The estate is not perfect but they are trying their best and if they make a mistake they seem to try to learn from it. I feel like the family even contributes to the tabloid nonsense.

I remember once Jermaine was on Joy Behar show. He actually called her out on things she said and she actually looked scared and acted like it wasn't her that said things. She did. But I actually liked how he defended Michael. I wish there was more of that.

If they just did things like this, they would be building some sort of credibility for themselves. But because they mostly don't do much to protect MJ's name, no one takes them seriously when they speak against the executors. It can't be more clear to anyone with eyes they only speak up when it comes to getting MJ's money.

I feel like a thread like this should be revived with the current going ons in the legal matters relating to MJ.

Which members of the Jackson clan seem fit to have a role in MJs estate, in a non-derogatory sense?

Back