Janet Jackson announces new album

This snippet was featured in about 10 articles on Yahoo News alone today. All the ones I clicked on were full of comments raving on it-so people are definitely excited about this comeback. I saw at least 100 excited comments.

Ohhh yeah I forgot about that and her love of interludes lol.

LOL, I was thinking about it just a couple of weeks ago how much I dislike interludes on an album. I mean when you first listen to the album it may be OK, but after a while they get annoying. I'm glad Michael did not have this habit. But Janet very much has a fondness for interludes.

As for the potential success of the album. Yes, pop music is pretty ageist so I am not expecting her to move numbers like back in the 90s but that's OK. I hope she's not going to be as desperate as Madonna who is IMO trying to apply to today's teens with both the music and the image and that makes her look ridiculous IMO. Despite of what she says IMO Madonna does not proudly embrace her age, but is trying to act like she's still 16 instead and that's not a pretty sight. I think you can do it in a more classy way than she does as an ageing pop star and I will be curious if Janet manages to do that.

And yes, her latest albums weren't that successful, but now people seem to be pretty excited for her, so it will be interesting to see what that will translate to in terms of commercial success. A moderate success will do IMO, I don't think at this age she has anything to prove.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of interludes either. If artist didn't use interludes on their albums then that could leave them more room for an extra song

^^sorry to be so ignorant but I have never listened to a Janet album. What is an interlude? Like an instrumental song in the middle.?

I know what they are in the theatre.

^^sorry to be so ignorant but I have never listened to a Janet album. What is an interlude? Like an instrumental song in the middle.?

I know what they are in the theatre.

Small intervals between songs, usually spoken, sometimes music. They are usually 10-20 seconds long. Here is a collection of Janet Jackson interludes:

(Fun fact: At 2:34, that's LMP she's talking with. And at 7:22, that's an interlude Michael used in his Dangerous performance at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1995. And "You know you want me" was another Janet interlude.)

Last edited:
This snippet was featured in about 10 articles on Yahoo News alone today. All the ones I clicked on were full of comments raving on it-so people are definitely excited about this comeback. I saw at least 100 excited comments.

That's just her PR people working hard to create buzz. We'll see soon how excited the public really is.

Do we know the release datum of the album?

I expect she will have a good first week on the charts in US but not in other countries.
The term pop-icon for Janet may be right for the USA but I don`t think for the rest of the world.

Small intervals between songs, usually spoken, sometimes music. They are usually 10-20 seconds long. Here is a collection of Janet Jackson interludes:
Thanks for posting that. I had no idea. I DID know Michael lip synched to Janet in 95 because I recognized the voice. I thought that was sweet at the time especially with "Scream" out. A nod of thanks to her, so to speak.

These "interludes" remind me of Diana Ross doing her kitten whisper on " Touch me in the Morning" album. I played that album to death.

And this new snippet sounds JUST like those on the video.

Last edited:
I did not know that the phone call interlude was LMP. Now that I listen to it, yeah that is definitely her. I forget that she and Janet were friends after the divorce.

Janet Jackson single "No Sleeep" out on June 23rd!
Janet Jackson is ready to slay all your faves with her highly-anticipated comeback single called “No Sleeep“. The song written by Jackson with the collaboration of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, is confirmed as the first taste of her eleventh studio album, rumored to be called “Conversations In a Cafe” due out later this year via her own label Rhythm Nation Records. The single will be released on digital retailers on June 23rd!~

There is a teaser in the link, can`t hear it in Germany.
http://www.jackson-source.com/news/1776-janet-jackson-single-no-sleeep-out-on-june-23rd

Last edited:
Annita;4095382 said:
Janet Jackson single "No Sleeep" out on June 23rd!
Janet Jackson is ready to slay all your faves with her highly-anticipated comeback single called “No Sleeep“. The song written by Jackson with the collaboration of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, is confirmed as the first taste of her eleventh studio album, rumored to be called “Conversations In a Cafe” due out later this year via her own label Rhythm Nation Records. The single will be released on digital retailers on June 23rd!~

There is a teaser in the link, can`t hear it in Germany.
http://www.jackson-source.com/news/1776-janet-jackson-single-no-sleeep-out-on-june-23rd

Agh, the content (the teaser) is blocked in my country.

So blocked in the US, blocked in Europe. Where is it available? LOL.

Sounds like one of those sensuous slow jams for a romantic evening. Glad they posted the lyrics tho.

From the lyrics, I'd say it's obvious it's dedicated to her husband.

So what's the consensus. What do Janet fans think?

Sounds like one of those sensuous slow jams for a romantic evening. Glad they posted the lyrics tho.

So what's the consensus. What do Janet fans think?

Most seem to like it on LSA. Some said she should have come out with a hard hitting dance track but others remind that Janet always did well with these kind of jazzy, smooth slow or mid tempo jams - they suit her. Eg. That's The Way Love Goes. When that came out many thought initially it was a mistake to make it the lead single but it became Janet's biggest hit.

I personally like the direction. I did not mention Madonna to bash her just for the sake of it, but because I think what she's doing currently is just so embarassing and IMO Janet shows right now that you can do it differently as a legandary female pop star around 50-60. I much prefer Janet to go back to her roots than to try to keep up with current trends in order to appeal to teenagers which would only come off as desperate as it does in Madonna's case.

BTW, it's currently trending on Twitter and

4q4mdv.jpg

^^ah, good. I heard Bruno Mars cover "that's the way love goes " and liked it so I looked up Janet's original on YouTube. This new one reminds me of it.

I don't know what to think about Madonna's current act but glad Janet doesn't seem to want to go that route. Madonna definitely pushed the envelope (IMO in a vulgar way) back in the day but I liked a lot of her early songs. Then she took on this English /dignified /mother personality after Evita that I liked.
Now she's back to her old crude act-I blame it on the word RELEVANT. Hate that.

^^ah, good. I heard Bruno Mars cover "that's the way love goes " and liked it so I looked up Janet's original on YouTube. This new one reminds me of it.

That's The Way Love Goes is new to you? Wow! I feel old. LOL. It was such a big hit in 1993.

That's The Way Love Goes is new to you? Wow! I feel old. LOL. It was such a big hit in 1993.
haha. I'm WAY older than you. It's new to me bc I'm really too old for the Janet generation and the kind of music that came in late 80s/90s. I first saw Janet in the adorable variety show days.

I was more than aware that Janet was a huge deal bc of press, people magazine etc. But I only saw/heard Scream and Rhythm nation (I believe). And I saw the Super Bowl performance bc it was in my hometown.

I have watched a bunch of interviews with Janet through the years and I watch them for the same reason I watch any Jackson interviews-maybe they'll mention Michael. And I saw the VH1 doc where they showed the cute clips of Paula Abdul teaching her dance steps.

I had mad respect for her because of Scream-supporting her brother like that.

Since they started the Janet community I've been researching old articles, reviews and performances on YouTube and even tho I knew she was big, I didnt really realize how big and what a critic darling she was.

Last edited:

Indeed however; before the song release with accompanying lyrics, some MJ fans expressed outrage based on the title alone.

...and what a critic darling she was.

The media created the professional rivalry between her and Michael and sought to portray her as the only sane Jackson family member for their own purposes.

Mmmm, I like the song okay, the hook is a nice variation from her usual slojam fare. Drives me bonkers that it's "Sleeep" instead of, you know "sleep"

Indeed however; before the song release with accompanying lyrics, some MJ fans expressed outrage based on the title alone.
Why? Did they think "no sleep" referred to Michael's insomnia and the propofol use? I doubt someone in his family would be that insensitive. :(

Tygger;4095653The media created the professional rivalry between her and Michael and sought to portray her as [I said:
the only sane [/I]Jackson family member for their own purposes.
I was talking more about the reviews-which in a way, I thought were funny-because they praised things she did, that they did not appreciate with Michael. A little aggravating. I saw one or two interviews with Janet when she was much younger, where she said she was competitive with Michael-but I felt like it wasn't anything but an affectionate rivalry. I would hope.

I did read a really great review of her 2011 show (played here, but I didn't go-but she played to 77,000 plus people) that really raved on the close intimate show without special effects and theatrics and especially that she sang live. I do wish Michael had done that-chucked the theatrics in lieu of a more intimate show-I know he loved that stuff, but his voice and his body movements were the magic-not the rest.

Back