Janet Jackson Done Recording Albums?

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't ironic how janet's sales decline b/c many think her latest music was too sexual yet 90% of the tops songs being played on the radio have a sexual theme that radio station often edits

I agree.... Im glad she came to her senses and just stopped making music. All the music shes has made after Velvet Robe has been crap... Janet use to be different and set apart from the rest and now it seems as if shes trying to be like everybody else with conforming with the times... I miss the Rhythm Nation Janet. The Janet that wasnt afraid to be covered up from head to toe and still be sexy and the Janet that song about political issues... Shes making the right move as far as Im concern because more of the crap music will damage her legacy more and she doesnt need that.

And her live shows have become something else. Too sexualized. I had to cover my 8 year old nieces eyes a few times when she brought men up to the stage and simulated...stuff....:(

wow, I think Janet should continue her singign career, she's amazing but if it's something she wants to stop doing more power t her.

And her live shows have become something else. Too sexualized. I had to cover my 8 year old nieces eyes a few times when she brought men up to the stage and simulated...stuff....:(

the rockwitu tour , yeah its kind of akward, my mom asked if i wanted to watched it online and i was like ummm mom if i did watch i wouldn't watch it with you lol

I hope Janet doesn't quit making albums. But she would have to change the subject matter. Her last three or four albums were full of risque' to somewhat risque' themes and people are tired of it now. This could be a major reason for her slump in sales. She could do a "Rhythm Nation Reloaded" type of album and that could put her back on top of the charts where she belongs. But she'd need to seriously cut back on the bedroom songs.

And you seriously think a "Rhythm Nation 2" would sell today? :D I can't believe that...

The whole music industry has changed, also the people and their expectations. They don't want to hear negative or critical things, they just wanna be blind and have fun...

I think MJ's passing has to do with it somewhat..why is she quitting all of a sudden?? She could've quit right after she left Def Jam & After Discipline flopped..but why now?? I thought she said that she was going to release an album this year..why did that change??

DIRTYDIANA☆;2787708 said:
I think MJ's passing has to do with it somewhat..why is she quitting all of a sudden?? She could've quit right after she left Def Jam & After Discipline flopped..but why now?? I thought she said that she was going to release an album this year..why did that change??

idk but i think b/c lack of promotion for def jam and mainly the album sales because l.a. reid didn't release the singles she wanted to come out either

Are you serious? Janet has sold over 100 million albums worldwide, making her one of the highest selling music artists of all time. Her real success comes from music, not acting, she also loves music too much to stop. She might just be taking a little break to gather new material and come back in a bigger way.

The reason she wasn't sold as much as she used to is partly because her music has been as good and partly because she doesn't promote it a whole bunch like others do. Also, a part of it might be that stupid Super Bowl thing, which really isn't a big deal, especially when you see how female artists today prance around in nothing.

Music is in her blood, she can only stop for so long:)

Yess, hun! slap them with the facts!!

I can see it more every day, the old Janet is coming back, some of you said her music has become to sexual, I agree to an extent, but Make Me and Nothing theres nothing sexual about them... same with the videos, she was covered from top to bottom, as for her quiting music... She never said she was, she said she was taking a break, which I think is a good move, Janet needs to come back to show the new generation like Beyonce how its done !! I would love an album like TVR, now that is an amazing album !!!

I can see it more every day, the old Janet is coming back, some of you said her music has become to sexual, I agree to an extent, but Make Me and Nothing theres nothing sexual about them... same with the videos, she was covered from top to bottom, as for her quiting music... She never said she was, she said she was taking a break, which I think is a good move, Janet needs to come back to show the new generation like Beyonce how its done !! I would love an album like TVR, now that is an amazing album !!!

:wub:

Janet is not stopping with music at all.

MJ fans can mock Janet all they want about her music in the 00s, but atleast Janet fans got music, unlike MJ who didn't even bother to give us fans any new music for a whole decade.

Janet has actually had numerous record labels come to her, but she has decided to delay going in to anything musically at the moment because she isn't sure of the direction she is taking. If anything, that proves she is thinking hard about how to come back strong. She deserves it. Her albums have never been weak musically, she has just had a lack of label and radio support in recent years.

You know, I am a huge fan of MJ, I have been for years, and recently I got suspended off this forum for SUPPORTING Janet. Im not happy about the treatment of some fans on this board at all. Janet is Michael's sister. How dare any of you hate on her like you some of you are!! I'm pretty sure Michael would be disappointed in you.

the rockwitu tour , yeah its kind of akward, my mom asked if i wanted to watched it online and i was like ummm mom if i did watch i wouldn't watch it with you lol

Um, she was fully clothed through the whole concert, none of it was sexual aside from one song, which had a parental advisory warning before it started.
This is in an era where 10 year old kids are going to see vulgar acts like gaga shouting 'show me your cocks motherfuckers'.

I think Id rather watch janet have fun with an audience member thanks.

MJ fans can mock Janet all they want about her music in the 00s, but atleast Janet fans got music, unlike MJ who didn't even bother to give us fans any new music for a whole decade.

Janet has actually had numerous record labels come to her, but she has decided to delay going in to anything musically at the moment because she isn't sure of the direction she is taking. If anything, that proves she is thinking hard about how to come back strong. She deserves it. Her albums have never been weak musically, she has just had a lack of label and radio support in recent years.

You know, I am a huge fan of MJ, I have been for years, and recently I got suspended off this forum for SUPPORTING Janet. Im not happy about the treatment of some fans on this board at all. Janet is Michael's sister. How dare any of you hate on her like you some of you are!! I'm pretty sure Michael would be disappointed in you.

How sweet is that Kool-Aid?

So ... Why are you here? Go to a forum dedicated to Janet Jackson and other mediocre singers . I'd rather be without more music than having the mess she gave us.

I do not like Janet but I try to respect the girl. But you better not dare compare her to Michael Jackson.

How can you say that, after what MJ went through in the 00s you can't be serious? - he gave us Invincible in 2001, then in 2003 he was arrested and went through the hardest times in his life! fighting a major court case for very serious allegations which ended in 2005. You know he had to recover personally after all that. Despite those terrible allegations he still magaged to come back in 2009 to high demand when planning This Is It which broke several ticket sales records. He would have played to over 1 million people in one city. 50 dates sold out in hours. He took up an entire commercial break on ITV, the first time that has ever happened for a musical artist. There was total excitement for his return. This Is It was cited as one of the year's most important musical events. Then Michael died.

how can you say that, after what mj went through in the 00s you can't be serious? - he gave us invincible in 2001, then in 2003 he was arrested and went through the hardest times in his life! Fighting a major court case for very serious allegations which ended in 2005. You know he had to recover personally after all that. Despite those terrible allegations he still magaged to come back in 2009 to high demand when planning this is it which broke several ticket sales records. He would have played to over 1 million people in one city. 50 dates sold out in hours. He took up an entire commercial break on itv, the first time that has ever happened for a musical artist. There was total excitement for his return. This is it was cited as one of the year's most important musical events. Then michael died.

amen!!!!!!

They don't even release CD singles here in the U.S. anymore like they did in the 90's. I used to like buying those since I'm a big fan of remixes.

They don't sell them in the UK either. Its all downloads now.

Sure they do, in record stores. I still see singles being sold in HMV. You can buy CD singles online, too.

:D :D :D

and wow, you got banned too for defending Janet? LMAO! I did too.

look at this post. first, you attack Michael(trying to turn other fans against him) as your idea of defending Janet, then, you decide to be the voice of Michael's feelings, after attacking him. Michael's also Janet's brother.

Last edited:
:D :D :D

and wow, you got banned too for defending Janet? LMAO! I did too.

Yeah. You and I aren't the only ones. There is a clear hatred for Janet by some of the members, and sadly even some of the moderators who are supposed to remain neutral have been banning anyone that so much as defends Janet from wronged insults by MJ fans on this board.

I have never insulted Michael on this board, I have been on this board for years. I have been a huge fan of Michael's for years, a dedicated fan!
But I defend his sister and I get banned! It felt completly betrayed when I found out I couldn't access the site for 10 days, and I have yet to demand an apology from the one that suspended me, though perhaps I should. Its simply not right!
Those of you that have a strange hatred for Janet really ought to step back and think about what you are saying/doing. It reminds me of MJ haters who believe all the tabliod lies and use them to spit poison.

Janet simply told some truths about MJ and some of the problems he had. You shouldn't blame her for that. She is his sister for goodness sake, she is more 'insider' than any of you on here combined! She supported his back for years publicly.
You have to be honest with yourself fans, and realise that Michael wasn't perfect. I can realise this despite being a fan of his.

Yeah. You and I aren't the only ones. There is a clear hatred for Janet by some of the members, and sadly even some of the moderators who are supposed to remain neutral have been banning anyone that so much as defends Janet from wronged insults by MJ fans on this board.

I have never insulted Michael on this board, I have been on this board for years. I have been a huge fan of Michael's for years, a dedicated fan!
But I defend his sister and I get banned! It felt completly betrayed when I found out I couldn't access the site for 10 days, and I have yet to demand an apology from the one that suspended me, though perhaps I should. Its simply not right!
Those of you that have a strange hatred for Janet really ought to step back and think about what you are saying/doing. It reminds me of MJ haters who believe all the tabliod lies and use them to spit poison.

Janet simply told some truths about MJ and some of the problems he had. You shouldn't blame her for that. She is his sister for goodness sake, she is more 'insider' than any of you on here combined! She supported his back for years publicly.
You have to be honest with yourself fans, and realise that Michael wasn't perfect. I can realise this despite being a fan of his.
First of all, I don't hate Janet. Never hated Janet. But I'm not going to bite my tongue and not express how disappointed I am in her words fueling this myth that Michael was a drug addict who contributed to his own death. That what has been said from the VERY day he died by losers and jerks who were not true friends of Michael. Remember the Oxycontin and Demoral claims? The autopsy didn't even support that....but it was spread around and accepted as the truth. When Janet talked about interventions and Michael being in denial about addictions, she was addiing fuel to the flame, whether she realized it or not. It gave 'credibility' to the slanderers who were already talking sideways about Michael. This is despite her many earlier claims that they fell out of touch for a few years and went a couple of years without seeing or talking to each other.

How would YOU react if it was Janet who died? In fact let's say she was sexually assaulted and murdered by someone she trusted and the media and so-called friends were accusing her of 'asking for it' because of her 'history' with being sexually provacative in her songs and her way of dressing and going from man to man. What if the accused murderer, through his lawyer, claimed that Janet liked to 'play rough' so to speak and he wasn't the only guy she did this 'rough playing' with? Now after all of this character assassination of Janet goes on for months to the point that although she's the victim, she's being put on trial and slandered. During this, what if Michael finally decides to do an interview and in the interview he states that he and his family warned Janet about being racy and provocative and flirty, but she wouldn't listen to him, you know the "cannot make her drink the water" statement? And that he just KNEW something like this would happen to her someday. Therefore addiing fuel to the firestorm already against Janet's character, although she's the victim. NOW HOW WOULD YOU REACT if Michael did this to Janet?! Would you just right it off as "well he's just telling the truth and Janet fans can't accept it" and "well he ought to know better than anyone". Would you like it if Michael fans went on her website and purposely posted such trash to upset and rile up her fans as if they're not hurting enough as it is?

And one more thing, regarding Michael and Janet's careers. Yes Janet is talented and I have always applauded her for being able to step out of Michael's shadow and create her own success. But don't come on here getting too swell-headed because we all know as far as RAW, talent and brilliance as an entertainer goes, Michael wins HANDS DOWN. The only difference is, Janet (apart from the Superbowl fiasco) wasn't subjected to what Michael was at the hands of powerful ones in the media and industry who wanted to sabotage him and set him up. She has NEVER gone through what Michael has gone through. Even she said that Superbowl incident gave her a taste of and made her understand what Michael had gone through over the years. Now that was just a small career bump that Janet went through. Imagine if she went through bump after bump after bump that conventiently comes up EVERYTIME she's about to make a comeback or a career achievement. That's what Michael had to go through for years. Last year, the bump was more major and final that the previous ones---he died. He died at the hands of another person and is being treated as some addict who contributed to it DESPITE what the autopsy said.

I'd just like to add to this that the idea of someone being banned for supporting Janet is absolutely ridiculous. There are supporters of Janet here that haven't been banned or whatever because of it. It generally has more to do with the fact that members go on a rampage attacking other members and bringing down Michael in the process. Why should that be allowed on a board that exists for Michael, not Janet, not Randy, not Jermaine or Joe, no other Jackson but Michael. He is where this board begins and ends, and if anybody doesn't like that then there isn't a lot we can do for you here. But to call the staff Janet haters, that's beyond unfair and quite laughable.

Feel free to PM me further on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back