Janet Jackson on Dateline - Sunday, Feb.13th

Why they linger on the 1993 allegations.....??? Is that a Janet Jackson interview or a Michael interview?

They spent more time on Michael than on Janet's book, I'm just saying

Useless Meridith.

Last edited:
I just watched it. I thought it wasn't as bad as the Robin Roberts and Oprah interviews. Merdith Viera didn't come across snobby or rude but nice. I can't say I liked everything but it could have been worse.

Anyways she basically said the same thing about Joe that Michael did. They showed what he told Oprah in 1993. Joe really hurt his kids physically and emotionally.

They did mention that Michael's death was a homicide. They did say how Murray stopped cpr etc. They showed Paris at the memorial and I just can't help but crying. It hurts when Michael is talked about in past tense.

well not suprised the media main focus is michael b/c finds him fascinating be it positive or negative and the producers of dateline usedthe interview for janet's book to squeeze some question about her brother

So once again Janet talked about MJ and allowed this interview to focus on MJ?

The media should be ashamed of themselves..

I think I did hear in the narration or commentary over the video that Michael was the superstar in the family. People are always going to ask about him.

I did think they did talk about Joe more than usual. He seems to be the problem for their issues. He should be ashamed of himself.

I think I did hear in the narration or commentary over the video that Michael was the superstar in the family. People are always going to ask about him.

I did think they did talk about Joe more than usual. He seems to be the problem for their issues. He should be ashamed of himself.

yes he should but he goes as if he's done nothing wrong.. He just signed some investment deal for some hotel and the picture they showed of him had him smiling and grinning..

It made me sick

i just couldn't watch it

I know what you mean. It was like a stab to the heart hearing the 1993 extortion, the MJ-Oprah interview clip, the superbowl, the Lisa Marie Presley marriage, the Grammy Legend award, then the NeverLand Ranch rebuttal....it was too much.

These were the highest and the lowest moments in my MJ fandom. It all goes back to 1993...

I guess we will have to wait for Prince, Paris & Blanket to have their own sit down and talk about what a great father & humanitarian MJ was.

We know all of that...but the public has been conditioned to believe he was a one-dimensional artist & a drug addict.

We need someone to de-program the general public.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. It was like a stab to the heart hearing the 1993 extortion, the MJ-Oprah interview clip, the superbowl, the Lisa Marie Presley marriage, the Grammy Legend award, then the NeverLand Ranch rebuttal....it was too much.

These were the highest and the lowest in my MJ fandom. It all goes back to 1993...

I guess we will have to wait for Prince, Paris & Blanket to have their own sit down and talk about what a great father & humanitarian MJ was.

We know all of that...but the public has been conditioned to believe he was a one-dimensional artist & a drug addict.

We need someone to de-program the general public.

why in the hell were they showing that? how did that relate to Janet?

Meredith didn't forget to mention in her narration that Janet have espress her drug cocerns on MJ on the Oprah show and the family also in interviews!

Has she spoken about the purpose of writing her book?

I just couldn't watch it either....I just cannot watch Michael get ripped up any longer...its killing me..:(

I think she said it was to help others.

But did they explore other aspects of the book, or just focus on the Michael part of it. Are people going to buy this book because Michael is in it, or are they going to buy it because it is a self-help tool for self-esteem. It seems to me that if you focus mainly on the Michael part of it you are going after a certain population/group of people.

I saw that too and how it destroyed Michael in the end. Then they said how her addiction was food.

:doh: :doh:

:mello: She's so stupid. I'm sorry, but that is the best word that comes to mind.

But did they explore other aspects of the book, or just focus on the Michael part of it. Are people going to buy this book because Michael is in it, or are they going to buy it because it is a self-help tool for self-esteem. It seems to me that if you focus mainly on the Michael part of it you are going after a certain population/group of people.

They talked a lot about Joe. She talked about working on Good Times and all that and starving herself. She was even asked if she had an eating disorder. I don't know how much Michael is in the book. She dedicates it to him and she said how close they were etc. She even talks about when she lost her virgintiy at 16.

I saw that too and how it destroyed Michael in the end. Then they said how her addiction was food.
did they talk about what Janet THOUGHT Michael's addiction was? Or was that left unaddressed again?....just insinuated?

Janet didn't say that. It was in the narration parts of the interview. I didn't like it anyway. They mention how his death was a ruled a homicide and I wonder will people even remember that at all.

wtf does MJ have to do with her book? I am confused what the purpose was

They talked a lot about Joe. She talked about working on Good Times and all that and starving herself. She was even asked if she had an eating disorder. I don't know how much Michael is in the book. She dedicates it to him and she said how close they were etc. She even talks about when she lost her virgintiy at 16.[/B]

Was the bolded in reference to what is in the book, or was this just information about janet.

Back