Janet Jackson: What's Happening~~~

Janet Jackson’s life story will get the documentary treatment next year from Lifetime and A&E to celebrate the 40th anniversary of her first album.

At its virtual upfront today, the A+E Networks group highlighted its upcoming programming slate and announced that Lifetime and A&E have ordered a two-night, four-hour documentary event with the working titled “JANET.” Jackson’s first album, titled “Janet Jackson,” was released in 1982 when she was 16.

The documentary, co-produced by Workerbee and Associated Entertainment Corporation, promises to offer unprecedented access to the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer’s life, and an intimate, honest and unfiltered look at the untold story of one of the highest-earning artists in music history.

Filming on “JANET” has been under way for three years. The doc follows Janet as her family is going through the loss of her father, Joseph, the patriarch of the Jackson dynasty who passed in 2018. Producers were granted exclusive access to archival footage and never-before-seen home videos while developing the documentary for the past three years. “JANET” will also detail the most talked-about moments of her life, including her 2004 Super Bowl appearance with Justin Timberlake in which she inadvertently exposed a portion of her breast, sparking controversy that would hover for more than a decade. The docu will also explore Jackson’s reaction to the death of her brother, the legendary and also controversial Michael Jackson, and her process of becoming a mother.

“JANET” is targeted for debut in early 2022 on Lifetime and A&E. The docu is executive produced by Janet Jackson and Randy Jackson. Executive producer for Workerbee is Rick Murray and Brie Miranda Bryant serves as executive producer for A+E Networks. Ben Hirsch is directing.

The documentary is part of more than 2,500 hours of new programming announced at the A+E Networks upfront, which includes 70 hours of documentaries and more than 200 movies across its portfolio of top brands (A&E, History and Lifetime). Many of those projects, including the Janet Jackson premium doc event, fall under Lifetime’s “Broader Focus” initiative, which exemplifies the company’s commitment to hiring and amplifying female creators with pay above the industry average and A+E Networks’ “Voices Magnified,” which champions the creation of content developed and produced by diverse voices that spotlights the way people are changing their communities in the name of social justice.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/janet-jackson-documentary-lifetime-ae-1234920992/

A very happy birthday to Ms. Janet :coolv1:

^^^ one of my favorite songs from her catalog.....because of love.

Surely the kind people who have seen it will share the MJ related stuff, right?

i wish the MJ estate can do something like this for michael. anyway congrats to her and i like the fact she giving to a faith based charity. may god bless you janet.
They've done several MJ auctions since his death lol. Have you been living under a rock?

I expected there to be a discussion about her upcoming doc. I saw Twitter has all kinds of stuff on it and of course the MSM is having a field day. Gotta say that it wasn't exactly wise of Janet to put things like "guilty by association right? That's what they call it." in the trailers of her doc. Or the bits where she recalls MJ as kid teasing her with names, exactly with that the media is having a field day with now and it could have been avoided. Why mention this when you know damn well the trailer will show it? She 100% has a say in how the trailer will look.

Apparently it's also decades old, she has spoken about this before and said that MJ never meant those words as in to hurt her, but did apologize to her. So I don't get why she'd bring it up again to be honest.

The media are just using the things she said about Michael as a way to attack him again. I’m sorry. But she should’ve kept all of this to herself this time. Besides, she said some of this before when her “ True you” book was coming out. This is why I get so mad at her sometimes. I’m not saying that Michael was perfect. But why would she allow the media to have another go at him after the whole big mess with LN? Seriously, Is what she said about him really how she wants him to be remembered?

The media are just using the things she said about Michael as a way to attack him again. I’m sorry. But she should’ve kept all of this to herself this time. Besides, she said some of this before when her “ True you” book was coming out. This is why I get so mad at her sometimes. I’m not saying that Michael was perfect. But why would she allow the media to have another go at him after the whole big mess with LN? Seriously, Is what she said about him really how she wants him to be remembered?

Yeah I don't get it either. And especially so in the trailers for it, so that the media can have their day with it while nobody can fully see it yet, so speculation starts and what not. Was it so hard for her to make trailers that were NOT about Michael, or for a change just leave it at the Scream writing footage, that was cool. And in the doc itself just talk about if she just has to.

And yeah, all been said before. Media is acting as if Mike was bullying her when they know damn well Mike would never bully anyone, it's what many siblings do when they are young. And he even apologized for it too, so why not just leave it alone, Janet?

Siblings call each other names all the time. Just because Michael called Janet pig or cow or something, it doesn't mean he was horrible. If people heard what me and my sister call each other, they would be horrified. That is what siblings relationship is all about.

This is another example of (a) hypersensitive society we live in where people get easily offended and (b) media using basically anything to attack Michael.

Janet isn't as naïve as some people may think. She knew if she revealed that Michael called her names, people would criticise him. She knew that if she showed a clip of herself saying "guilty by association", people would assume that she is saying Michael was guilty of the allegations. Great way to get the scummy media to shit on your brother once again, just to promote your documentary. This is very disappointing from Janet, but not surprising.

I am sorry to say Janet Jackson is pathetic. Her brothers, especially Michael, were kept out on the road
to quote Michael: "Working Day and Night" which allowed her to grow up in luxury in a mansion in Encino, California. She would have done herself better service to have a "come back" by trying to put out some half way decent music; but I guess that would be mpossible.🙄

Siblings call each other names all the time. Just because Michael called Janet pig or cow or something, it doesn't mean he was horrible. If people heard what me and my sister call each other, they would be horrified. That is what siblings relationship is all about.

This is another example of (a) hypersensitive society we live in where people get easily offended and (b) media using basically anything to attack Michael.

Janet isn't as naïve as some people may think. She knew if she revealed that Michael called her names, people would criticise him. She knew that if she showed a clip of herself saying "guilty by association", people would assume that she is saying Michael was guilty of the allegations. Great way to get the scummy media to shit on your brother once again, just to promote your documentary. This is very disappointing from Janet, but not surprising.

And some media even thought it was a good idea to change some words to. Some sources claim Mike called her a slut, whereas in the clip itself she says slaughter hog. The media is just being the media again. But her being his sister, after all that crap in 2019 you'd think she would think twice.

I never follow much about Janet, but you say it's not very surprising. She has a history of this?

I wouldn't worry too much about it because the media will always try to twist anything into something negative. Siblings always call each other names growing up, even as adults. Janet spoke about the names her brothers and sisters used to called her many times years ago, it's nothing new. What really stuck out for her was when she started doing "Good Times," when they taped her chest.

We know how the media is considering the fact that they failed with that mockumentary big time, and the skeletons they had are finally coming out, so Michael's an easy target unfortunately to try to distract the world from what's really going on.

We may not always agree with everything, but I'm looking forward to see her documentary. Unseen footage is always exciting!

And some media even thought it was a good idea to change some words to. Some sources claim Mike called her a slut, whereas in the clip itself she says slaughter hog. The media is just being the media again. But her being his sister, after all that crap in 2019 you'd think she would think twice.

I never follow much about Janet, but you say it's not very surprising. She has a history of this?
Janet with the help of the Jackson brothers tried to force Michael to tour with them around 2006-07, because Janet wasn't selling out arenas herself. That is what I have heard a lot of more knowledgeable fans than me say.

I like Janet's music a lot but her attitude in the last decade or so has been disappointing.

Last edited:
I expected there to be a discussion about her upcoming doc. I saw Twitter has all kinds of stuff on it and of course the MSM is having a field day. Gotta say that it wasn't exactly wise of Janet to put things like "guilty by association right? That's what they call it." in the trailers of her doc. Or the bits where she recalls MJ as kid teasing her with names, exactly with that the media is having a field day with now and it could have been avoided. Why mention this when you know damn well the trailer will show it? She 100% has a say in how the trailer will look.

Apparently it's also decades old, she has spoken about this before and said that MJ never meant those words as in to hurt her, but did apologize to her. So I don't get why she'd bring it up again to be honest.
Exactly. She knew what she was doing. This is not the first time has thrown Michael under the bus.Soon after he died she went on shows claiming the family had done a drug intervention. That was a lie. There was no intervention. THEY were trying to get him to tour with them and he refused. Randy started spreading the rumor that they had tried an intervention. Btw, he is in cohorts with Janet on this documentary because he is a coproducer. He is known to spread rumors to tabloids for money and spread lies on Michael. What I find hypocritical is that there was absolutely no reason to bring these things up. MICHAEL would NEVER have done that to her or any other sibling. I don’t want to hear ANY excuses from any Janet fan. She knew how the media would take what she says and use it against Michael. 😡

Last edited:
Janet with the help of the Jackson brothers tried to force Michael to tour with them around 2006-07, because Janet wasn't selling out arenas herself. That is what I have heard a lot of more knowledgeable fans that me say.

I like Janet's music a lot but her attitude in the last decade or so has been disappointing.
You are correct in what you stated.

Janet with the help of the Jackson brothers tried to force Michael to tour with them around 2006-07, because Janet wasn't selling out arenas herself. That is what I have heard a lot of more knowledgeable fans than me say.

Yeah I read about this. In that same article she claimed MJ became different after Thriller, he was no longer the fun, goofing brother and apparently during the filming of Scream the producers wanted them separated or something which to her felt like a competition.

And they also mentioned the tour. She would be the starting act. She claimed he was very stand offish about it. As cool as it could have been to see them perform together again....Michael clearly wasn't interested, wanted to do things solo as he had been used to all these years.

It's very sad to see all this. Those trailers could have been about solely Janet things , but of course all trailers are fully about Michael.
Exactly. She knew what she was doing. This is not the first time has thrown Michael under the bus.Soon after he died she went on shows claiming the family had done a drug intervention. That was a lie. There was no intervention. THEY were trying to get him to tour with them and he refused. Randy started spreading the rumor that they had tried an intervention. Btw, he is in cohorts with Janet on this documentary because he is a coproducer. He is known to spread rumors to tabloids for money and spread lies on Michael. What I find hypocritical is that there was absolutely no reason to bring these things up. MICHAEL would NEVER have done that to her or any other sibling. I don’t want to hear ANY excuses from any Janet fan. She knew how the media would take what she says and use it against Michael. 😡

What the hell, I never knew that about Randy. Damn, at least he did support MJ in 2019 when that ridiculous "doc" came out. What kind of rumors and lies has he been spreading in the past?

Why can't they all just be like Taj or Brandi? In full support, acting normal, yeesh.

It was not a lie what Janet Jackson said about that.

The Jackson family tried multiple drug interventions so as to help Michael Jackson (in his final years) fight drug addiction.

His own mother Katherine Jackson also confirmed that to police few months after his death (she specifically confirmed that to LAPD Detective Orlando Martinez).

Each time the Jackson family tried to intervene, Michael Jackson would shut them down.

Tito Jackson also stated that they tried to intervene, but AEG Live kept them away from Michael Jackson.

Several Jackson family insiders also confirmed that, such as the family drug intervention that took place in Las Vegas few years before his death.

The Jackson family tried multiple drug interventions so as to help Michael Jackson (in his final years) fight drug addiction.

His own mother Katherine Jackson also confirmed that to police few months after his death (she specifically confirmed that to LAPD Detective Orlando Martinez).

Each time the Jackson family tried to intervene, Michael Jackson would shut them down.

Tito Jackson also stated that they tried to intervene, but AEG Live kept them away from Michael Jackson.

Several Jackson family insiders also confirmed that, such as the family drug intervention that took place in Las Vegas few years before his death.

Hmmm I see.

But according to the autopsy no signs of drugs were found and in fact they said it was a very healthy body, especially for that age.

Yes, it was a lie. There were never any drug interventions. These so-called interventions were Joe, Janet and the rest of the family, BADGERING Michael to tour. Michael told them maybe later and they wouldn’t accept that. IS IT ANY WONDER HE COULDN'T SLEEP? The bodyguards recall how Randy would come to the gate trying to crash through and they had to pull their guns on him several times. He also kept saying Michael owed him money and that he would go to the tabloids if he didn’t get his money or if Michael didn’t tour. FTR, Michael thought he could trust Randy to take over his business and finances during the trial. After the trial he found that Randy hadn’t paid the workers, was trying to force him to sell his share of Sony/ATV and a lot of other things. Michael fired Randy and Randy never forgave him for that. Thus the “drug intervention” lie. Randy was also a part of that “Mommy ‘Napping scheme, where he and Janet, Jermaine, and Rebbie were trying to take over Michael’s Will and Money by taking Katherine away from Prince, Paris and Bigi by pretending that a doctor(Janet’s doctor) had ordered rest.

Again, there was NO DRUG INTERVENTION. That was a lie perpetuated by Janet, Randy, Joe and a guy named Leonard who wanted to promote the tour, if Michael agreed to it. Btw Mjfrenzy, use your common sense, why would his family be doing a so-called “drug intervention” and still HARRASING him to tour? How the hell was he healthy enough to tour when they CLAIM he was so addicted to drugs that they had to “intervene”. When it comes to Michael common sense and rational thinking goes out the window for the public and even some fans. It makes me sick how some of you fans believe every shitty piece of information AGAINST Michael without any deductive reasoning. WTF🤬

Last edited:
Hmmm I see.

But according to the autopsy no signs of drugs were found and in fact they said it was a very healthy body, especially for that age.
Thank you. The media, the haters and even SOME fans want to ignore Michael’s autopsy report; however, they readily accept EVERY OTHER CELEBRITY autopsy report without question. This is the $@#* this man had to go through while he was alive, and the SAME crap from his “fans” and media now that he is no longer here. This is why my love and respect for Michael has grown a HUNDRED times stronger. The bull@#$& that this man had to endure has not happened to any other person, except Jesus. We can’t see the nails; however, Michael was definitely “crucified” while he was here on earth and he is STILL being “crucified” even in death. 😡😒😤😠

Last edited:
Yeah I read about this. In that same article she claimed MJ became different after Thriller, he was no longer the fun, goofing brother and apparently during the filming of Scream the producers wanted them separated or something which to her felt like a competition.

And they also mentioned the tour. She would be the starting act. She claimed he was very stand offish about it. As cool as it could have been to see them perform together again....Michael clearly wasn't interested, wanted to do things solo as he had been used to all these years.

It's very sad to see all this. Those trailers could have been about solely Janet things , but of course all trailers are fully about Michael.

What the hell, I never knew that about Randy. Damn, at least he did support MJ in 2019 when that ridiculous "doc" came out. What kind of rumors and lies has he been spreading in the past?

Why can't they all just be like Taj or Brandi? In full support, acting normal, yeesh.
When did Randy support Michael in 2019 during the child porn mockumentary LN? Did I miss something%? It was JERMAINE, Jackie, Tito and Marlon who supported Michael. Of course, we know that Taj is the most eloquent and BEST supporter. Btw, I don’t recall Randy or Janet saying ANYTHING to support Michael during that bull@#$& from the fake accusers- ROBBERson and SafeCLUCK. 💁🏻

When did Randy support Michael in 2019 during the child porn mockumentary LN? Did I miss something%? It was JERMAINE, Jackie, Tito and Marlon who supported Michael. Of course, we know that Taj is the most eloquent and BEST supporter. Btw, I don’t recall Randy or Janet saying ANYTHING to support Michael during that bull@#$& from the fake accusers- ROBBERson and SafeCLUCK. 💁🏻

You are right, I was wrong on that. Honestly all my life I've barely paid any attention to the other Jacksons so I have to admit I probably would have somewhat of a hard time to know who is who. You are VERY right about how Janet didn't say a thing in 2019, or well, not to my knowledge at least. But strangely enough even Paris was very quiet and even showed kindness to Sia that talked horrible shit about Michael. Paris said this was what she learned from her father, killing them with kindness. I guess to each their own, had it been my father or brother I would have ignored anyone like that completely or would have tried to school her on the facts, evidence and the usage of logic and common sense. But again, we all deal differently with things in life.

As for Randy during the trial, holy shit that is some stuff to think about. I did not know this. But with everything I never take it as fact until I know the sources, If one thing has taught me that about researching facts and evidence regarding MJ it's that, also check sources. Where is this information from?

You are right, I was wrong on that. Honestly all my life I've barely paid any attention to the other Jacksons so I have to admit I probably would have somewhat of a hard time to know who is who. You are VERY right about how Janet didn't say a thing in 2019, or well, not to my knowledge at least. But strangely enough even Paris was very quiet and even showed kindness to Sia that talked horrible shit about Michael. Paris said this was what she learned from her father, killing them with kindness. I guess to each their own, had it been my father or brother I would have ignored anyone like that completely or would have tried to school her on the facts, evidence and the usage of logic and common sense. But again, we all deal differently with things in life.

As for Randy during the trial, holy shit that is some stuff to think about. I did not know this. But with everything I never take it as fact until I know the sources, If one thing has taught me that about researching facts and evidence regarding MJ it's that, also check sources. Where is this information from?
From INSIDERS who were actually there. Btw, he is coproducer of this documentary. I wouldn’t doubt if it was him who released the negativity concerning Michael. It’s his MO to go to tabloids. Btw, anything concerning this documentary has Janet’s full approval. She and Randy work hand in hand. It was Randy who went to the tabloid media and claimed that Janet’s husband Wissam called her a slut and a bitch, after their son was born. He claimed that’s why they divorced. I don’t believe it for a moment. I’ve never heard Janet say that, however, she ALLOWED Randy to say it, and never corrected him.

Not to mention that really creepy clip of Katherine saying she can’t talk about Michael. Why would they put that in there? I already don’t like Janet as a person although I like her music. I hope I’m wrong. But if this turns out to be another LN, I’m done listening to her music.

Last edited:
Not to mention that really creepy clip of Katherine saying she can’t talk about Michael. Why would they put that in there? I already don’t like Janet as a person although I like her music. I hope I’m wrong. But if this turns out to be another LN, I’m done listening to her music.

I'm not worried that it's another LN. The clip of Katherine...I don't know, to me it seemed she has still difficulty talking about her son, still coping very much with the loss.

Back