Janet sold out Essence show in minutes!

I'd rather see Alicia, LL Cool and Mary J Blige. They all perform live.. I've seen Mary J 3 times and I don't think she lipsynced at all.. Alicia is totally live and so is LL.

Well they don't exacly dance a lot do they...
I love Alicia Keys though !! Mary J too !! but it would be a lot easier for them to sing live as they don't get out of breath as much.

Janet will be opening the festival, but to say the OTHERS are performing in lounges is not true.

"Also appearing on the MAIN STAGE will be Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys, Earth, Wind & Fire, Keri Hilson, Gladys Knight, LL Cool J, Trey Songz, Jill Scott and Monica."

Performing in the lounges will be folks like: Mary Mary, Estelle, Mint Condition, Joe and a bunch of others.

You didn't REALLY think that top acts like Mary J. Blige and Alicia Keys would be performing in a lounge, did you? LOL!

Hun, you need to read and comprehend the article. It cleary says Janet's date - July 2nd sold-out in minutes. No where is there mention of Mary J and Alicia's dates being sold-out. Someone in N.O. told me that Janet's show is sold-out but there are still tickets for Mary's show.

Again, Janet, Alicia Keys and Mary J Blige are HEADLINERS - I repeat, they're headliners. Janet performs on July 2nd. The following names are OPENERS - do you understand? - O P E N E R S.

The other artists that are not performing on the main stage ARE performing in lounges.

I know its hard to swallow ;)

Why are some people not happy janet sold out her date ,if it's true indeed,am happy for her eventhough she said some things about michael that I didnt like and really upset me.I still want her to excel in her projects/work.
All the best miss J.

That's awesome, good for Janet. I'd go and see her myself if she ever strayed towards my neck of the woods. I can't listen to her music on its own because it bores me to death, but if you add the visual it gets bearable, on stage she's a very entertaining performer, even when she doesn't sing live.

As the thread title says, the show sold out in minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the thread title says, the show sold out in minutes.

Well if you believe everything you read,I dont.It was reported all over the news that ''this is it movie'' premieres were sold out and was surprised my theatre was just half filled and so were many other people.

Well if you believe everything you read,I dont.It was reported all over the news that ''this is it movie'' premieres were sold out and was surprised my theatre was just half filled and so were many other people.

Hun, Janet's show IS sold-out. All you can do is be happy for her or stay upset. You can ask anyone that works in an arena and they will tell you that certain percentage (about 90%) of tickets are sold it determines a sold-out show. I honestly hope you don't think that all 50 dates of MJ's tour were 100% sold-out!? the tickets that were initially made available for the multiple dates did indeed sell-out though. Just ask concert promoters and they will tell you that when a certain amount of tickets are sold its considered a sold-out show. I'm fully aware that their tickets left (mostly V.I.P seats and nosebleeds) but as the article states the show is sold-out. Janet has sold-out a 50K capacity dome before. Nothing new for her. Plus this is the first time a performer of Janet's caliber is performing at Essence so this shouldn't be surprising that her tickets sold-out in minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are some people not happy janet sold out her date

As I've previously stated, most of them are still upset about Mike's passing. So they take their anger out on Janet and other members of the family.

As I've previously stated, most of them are still upset about Mike's passing. So they take their anger out on Janet and other members of the family.
It's not as simple as that. Of course MJ fans (including myself) are sad, angry and full of a range of emotions. We lost someone who was more than just an entertainer to fawn over. We loved him, stood by him, prayed for him, cried for him. He was apart of us.

Now he was suddenly killed by someone else's hand...(Remember HOMICIDE was the ruling of Michael's death---not suicide). The person(s) in question are treated with kid gloves and coddled within a protective hedge while Michael, THE VICTIM, is being maligned, misrepresented and being portrayed as a drug addict who should share the blame for his death. Some of his family (including his baby sister Janet, who's viewed as the normal and credible member of the Jacksons) have publically called him a drug addict who's in denial and who wouldn't respond to interventions. Therefore, that gives the green light to everyone else to follow suit in the drug addict angle...nevermind what the autopsy said about Michael being healthy for the most part.

And to top it off, some of Janet's fans have the arrogance and nerve to post sideways comments about Michael on a Michael Jackson board, using Janet as their 'measuring stick' to compare Michael to. So yes, MJ fans are upset. Wouldn't you?

I'd rather see Alicia, LL Cool and Mary J Blige. They all perform live.. I've seen Mary J 3 times and I don't think she lipsynced at all.. Alicia is totally live and so is LL.

Yes i lost all respect i have my reasons too. Just not going there with this forum

LOL Really though, Who Cares??? why all the bitterness and straight up hatin? Leave JJ Alone and watch her DO THE DAMN THING! Keep the Jackson Name where it belongs...@ # 1. GO Janet!

The posts in this thread have become EXTREMELY disrespectful!

Stop insulting each other! It is not necessary.

May I suggest that you step away from this thread. Cool down.

If this continues, a thread that SHOULD have been positive will be closed.

LAST WARNING!

If you want to bicker about Michael's alleged drug addiction, take it to PM!

The mods will deal with that matter. I understand your need to defend Michael but the to and forth between the two of you is denigrating to slingfest that is not appropriate.

Well, I have hung around to see if there would be a change of tone. But some members are determined to be negative.

OnOurWay and Justthefacts - you have both made your points.

OnOurWay - you are on a Michael Jackson fan site. You are entitled to your opinion but this baiting of members is wearing thin. Perhaps you would feel more comfortable on a Janet Jackson forum.

Justthefacts - do not feel like you have to respond to this.

Both of you JUST NEED TO STOP IT!

Well, I have hung around to see if there would be a change of tone. But some members are determined to be negative.

OnOurWay and Justthefacts - you have both made your points.

OnOurWay - you are on a Michael Jackson fan site. You are entitled to your opinion but this baiting of members is wearing thin. Perhaps you would feel more comfortable on a Janet Jackson forum.

Justthefacts - do not feel like you have to respond to this.

Both of you JUST NEED TO STOP IT!

If you go back to page one you will see none of the Janet fans brought up Michael.

But since you said, stop, I'm over it. :punk:

I'll make this clear..

- Don't forget that you are on a MICHAEL JACKSON board.. If you are going to disrespect him this is not the place for you..

- Keep the discussion about the thread topic, do not include other unrelated stuff..

- When a staff member gives a warning listen to them.

thread cleaned - do not continue and get the thread closed.

Hun, Janet's show IS sold-out. All you can do is be happy for her or stay upset. You can ask anyone that works in an arena and they will tell you that certain percentage (about 90%) of tickets are sold it determines a sold-out show. I honestly hope you don't think that all 50 dates of MJ's tour were 100% sold-out!? the tickets that were initially made available for the multiple dates did indeed sell-out though. Just ask concert promoters and they will tell you that when a certain amount of tickets are sold its considered a sold-out show. I'm fully aware that their tickets left (mostly V.I.P seats and nosebleeds) but as the article states the show is sold-out. Janet has sold-out a 50K capacity dome before. Nothing new for her. Plus this is the first time a performer of Janet's caliber is performing at Essence so this shouldn't be surprising that her tickets sold-out in minutes.

Did you have/try to get tickets for this is it?
Well,I couldnt get tickets for this is it,tried my best and was told it was sold out.why would they have kept the tickets when so many fans were clamouring for them.The only reason I can think of is only if the promoters were keeping the tickets to sell it in the secondary market because eventually bought my ticket on EBAY after paying a fortune.I attended the history tour here in dublin & sheffield and it was so easy securing the ticket.
wish miss J more success

Did you have/try to get tickets for this is it?
Well,I couldnt get tickets for this is it,tried my best and was told it was sold out.why would they have kept the tickets when so many fans were clamouring for them.The only reason I can think of is only if the promoters were keeping the tickets to sell it in the secondary market because eventually bought my ticket on EBAY after paying a fortune.I attended the history tour here in dublin & sheffield and it was so easy securing the ticket.
wish miss J more success

I tried and succeeded after about 4 hours me and my family ended up with 4 tickets, and it was so hard, I got the first pair after about 2 hours and then my dad had to get the other two because I had to go to school...

but she does kind of have a point promoters do keep some tickets behind, to give to VIP's and to sell at a closer point, but it isn't 10% like she suggested :)

BTW my mum, dad and uncle were at the HIStory show in Sheffield too :)

Last edited:
I tried and succeeded after about 4 hours me and my family ended up with 4 tickets, and it was so hard, I got the first pair after about 2 hours and then my dad had to get the other two because I had to go to school...

but she does kind of have a point promoters do keep some tickets behind, to give to VIP's and to sell at a closer point, but it isn't 10% like she suggested :)

BTW my mum, dad and uncle were at the HIStory show in Sheffield too :)

Whao, your family attended the sheffield concert too, I love that concert,it was my first MJ concert and enjoyed it more than the one at RDS in dublin 9 or 10 days later.It was jam packed[RDS was packed too]and the atmosphere was electric,cant even describe how I felt Though he lipped almost all the songs ,most people barely noticed because his energy and charisma onstage was out of this world,Did they enjoy it too? Till this day,HIStory tour is my best no matter the amount of scorn from fans,you had to be there to appreciate it.

I was on assignment[I work with WHO] in a remote village in Africa when the this is tickets went on sale,begged my husband to get at least 3 dates but he barely tried from my perspective, by the time I got back and tried to secure tickets myself,was told it was sold out and ended buying on EBAY.You guys were so lucky to secure tickets cause I went through hell getting my tix and even more stress trying to get my refund back.

Whao, your family attended the sheffield concert too, I love that concert,it was my first MJ concert and enjoyed it more than the one at RDS in dublin 9 or 10 days later.It was jam packed[RDS was packed too]and the atmosphere was electric,cant even describe how I felt Though he lipped almost all the songs ,most people barely noticed because his energy and charisma onstage was out of this world,Did they enjoy it too? Till this day,HIStory tour is my best no matter the amount of scorn from fans,you had to be there to appreciate it.

I was on assignment[I work with WHO] in a remote village in Africa when the this is tickets went on sale,begged my husband to get at least 3 dates but he barely tried from my perspective, by the time I got back and tried to secure tickets myself,was told it was sold out and ended buying on EBAY.You guys were so lucky to secure tickets cause I went through hell getting my tix and even more stress trying to get my refund back.

My Uncle, Mum and Dad LOVED it, they said he was simply amazing, and they were right at the front. My dad always tells me how he thought MJ was going to fall on him during Earth Song :lol:

We were really lucky, we got tickets in B3, and my mum and dad were going to be in the upper tier somewhere. But we let go of tickets that were in A3 or ever A2 (I can't remember which) because it timed out by the time we put our details in :doh:

I feel sorry for the people who bought them off ebay, did you get a full refund, or just the acctual ticket price ??

Back