Janet to be honored at bet awards!!

^^I just turned on the pre-show-red carpet. I'm trying to decide if I want to tape it, so I can fast forward to see Janet and Smokey. Anybody else watching?

That would explain why it's not working :p I wish could find a streaming site? Albeit, if I could find the Mayweather Pacquiao fight for free, I bet I can find the BET Awards :p

I couldn't get it to work with the first link-but I got the pre-show that I have on TV with the second one. Try that.

(ha-yes, if you could find that fight, you could definitely find this)

Pre-show still on-it's about to start-I don't know if this stream automatically changes to the show or not. I may have to look for another link.

Tinny-it looks like the same link is only showing backstage-it's definitely not the show. I'll keep searching.

Last edited:
They just did her Tribute-it started out with a "Brace Yourself" type video-(really, it looked just like Michael's to me-same crazy, fainting fans in the audience and swarming her at the airport)-they danced to "No Sleep", she came out, looked gorgeous with crazy curly red hair and thanked her beautiful mother and her beautiful father-(they were there) Then she thanked her family and said their love was "unbreakable." Then her husband-and fans. :)

They showed audience shots of Katherine and Joseph, Smokey and Berry. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis presented the award.

I found a link, been watching it since it began. And yes, the intro video was definitely MJ intro hands down, but I guess there's not much of an option when you're getting an icon type of award? Her speech was pretty presh. though. I was glad to see her parents in the audience. I loved when Joe pointed at Katherine as if to say "she did all the work." Haha.

Janet was simply beautiful and how fortunate for her to have both of her parents together in the audience to support her.

They just did her Tribute-it started out with a "Brace Yourself" type video-(really, it looked just like Michael's to me-same crazy, fainting fans in the audience and swarming her at the airport)

And yes, the intro video was definitely MJ intro hands down, but I guess there's not much of an option when you're getting an icon type of award?

Apologies but, clips of hysterical fans cannot be attributed only to Michael. Many artist utilize these types of clips showing adoring fans. If they are fortunate, they can show an international fandom as opposed to a localized fandom.

Apologies but, clips of hysterical fans cannot be attributed only to Michael. Many artist utilize these types of clips showing adoring fans. If they are fortunate, they can show an international fandom as opposed to a localized fandom.

That's what I was trying to say. She's a celebrity, and she gets that crazy fan admiration on her own too, so it made sense that she would use that type of video as an intro when she's getting an Icon type of award to show people she deserves it :)

So she did not perform? That's disappointing. I thought they would use the opportunity to promote her new song with a performance.

That's what I was trying to say. She's a celebrity, and she gets that crazy fan admiration on her own too, so it made sense that she would use that type of video as an intro when she's getting an Icon type of award to show people she deserves it :)
Exactly. No way did I say that she was "copying" her brother by using the term "Brace Yourself". That's the video I relate to regarding adoring fans and I thought most people here would know what I was referring to and could picture it if they couldn't see the show. I should have just said "Beatlemania" since thats the term most people use when music stars are swamped with hysterical fans. :(

Joseph and Katherine looked great. Happy to see them.

I couldn't find any pix last night. Only red carpet ones.

Last edited:
Here's one:

8UYBlX.jpg

Janet looked great. I'm so glad she was honored at the awards show.
Her parents looking great as well. How proud they must be of her.

Also....All I know is Ciara represented in the intro set for Janet. She did her thing.
I thought for a moment....is that J? Jason Derulo did too.
Big ups to the whole dance crew. :clapping:

beta15_perf_janet.jpg

janet_tribute_bet_awards.jpg

Back