Janet Wins NAACP IMAGE AWARD (pics and clips included)

I don't know how many of you watched the NAACP Image Awards tonight on the Fox channel. Janet won supporting actress award for "Why Did I Get Married." She was shocked and looked beautiful dressed in all black. She also helped to induct Stevie Wonder into the NAACP Hall of Fame. Stevie gave a fantastic speech.

The program was really good. Ruby Dee and Aretha Franklin were given Lifetime Achievement Awards. I'm sure someone will put this on Utube soon.

The Great Debators also racked up a few awards: Best Picture, Denzel Washington as Best Actor, and the girl (can't think of her name at the moment) for Best Actress.

They also played Thrillicious commercial. hee, hee, hee (in MJ's voice)!

Last edited:
Re: Janet Wins NAACP IMAGE AWARD

na1.jpg

na2.jpg

na4.jpg

na7.jpg

na6.jpg

I recorded it! Congrats Jan & Stevie, you both deserve it!

Ah, she looks so shocked^_^ Congrats to Janet and Stevie! :flowers:

Do anyone know if WDIGM got any other awards?

Thank you for posting this! I will look this up on You Tube later :)

She looks amazing! Well done JJ. Thanx for posting! Thanx for the pics mello1! I am glad they played 'Thrillicious'. :yes: :flowers:

She looks stunning!
Congratulations to her & Stevie!

Congrulations Janet your the queen!!!1
love your siggy :wub:

Last edited:

wow, that is just wonderful! I am so happy for her! I saw the movie and it was very heartwarming/funny/serious all in one. The scene where she cries is very good, I think she deserves the award!

Are the Jacksons related to Stevie wonder? When Janet says that its her honour etc to induct her cousin Stevie Wonder does she mean like a real cousin or just 'affectionally'?

Go Janet!

I swear she's like a clone of Michael. Look at that face! :D

She is soooooo beautiful and she KILLED it in that movie...particularly the scene where they were talking about the loss of their son.

Last edited:
This is not the first she said that Stevie is her cousin... Jan has said that in couple of interviews.

Thanx mello1. Was wondering coz I haven't heard that b4. :)
It's to do with the Motown tradition of calling each other family. The Jacksons were at Motown with Stevie at the same time. They are a Motown family. I think that may be why she called him cousin.^_^

It's to do with the Motown tradition of calling each other family. The Jacksons were at Motown with Stevie at the same time. They are a Motown family. I think that may be why she called him cousin.^_^

Cool, Ty Datsy.:flowers:

Back